Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

small bird pudding posted:

^^^^^ That’s a good point.

He was spamming party chat about how he voted for Donald Trump. I made some joke comment and he asked if I didn’t like MAGA because I’m a MCH, then he said I suck, his tank friend(/wife? they shared a last name) caused a wipe by over pulling, the guy blamed it on me and called me a communist, and then I was kicked. :shrug:

You probably could've reported them and potentially get them banned.. but did you a favour instead of you having to disconnect from the dungeon until they booted you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Oof, on the path of Titan. Endless forests were driving me mad.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The last two savage tiers have been some of the best fights they've made minus like 1 mechanic (gently caress you black holes).

I really like the fights in omega mechanically, but the entire backdrop and music isn't nearly as good as it was in the previous two raids. "here's a handful of random powerful enemies you can fight in a shounen tournament style to generic fantasy BGM". umm, ok, sure. can I have the gobbie robbits and buttrock back now?

Truga fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Aug 17, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Truga posted:

I really like the fights in omega mechanically, but the entire backdrop and music isn't nearly as good as it was in the previous two raids. "here's a handful of random powerful enemies you can fight in a shounen tournament style to generic fantasy BGM". umm, ok, sure. can I have the gobbie robbits and buttrock back now?

The boss music from FF5 and FF6 can only be considered "generic" in the sense that JRPG composers have been aping Uematsu for decades. :colbert:

That said, I would also like to have more Sokken original tracks. His primal music is largely what tipped me over into trying this game in the first place.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

Ytlaya posted:

edit: So I have about 1.1M gil. How far could that get me with crafting? My goal is to just level up the crafting/gathering classes, not to make any high-end gear.
It depends on how self-sufficient you want to be. Since you can be all the jobs, there's no need to ever buy anything off the market board, so your costs can be as low as basically nothing. I ended up with more money than I started with from just dumping excess junk I collected but never used on the market board.

If you want to buy raw materials rather than collecting them yourself, that's going to cost you. If you want to buy the finished products, that's going to cost even more. I don't really know what the prices are, but I would guess that a million gil would buy all the finished products to almost instantly level one or two jobs to 50 using leves, at which point you could start doing the easy moogle crafting quests.

Same with all the high-end gear. The specialization requirement slows you down a little, but it possible to make all your own high-end gear with no outside help. It'll just take a long time. Or you could spend millions to buy the gear off the market board the day it comes out, or anything in between.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ytlaya posted:

edit: So I have about 1.1M gil. How far could that get me with crafting? My goal is to just level up the crafting/gathering classes, not to make any high-end gear.

if you're on excal, hit me up in game and i'll poop out a levekit or two for you or just give you a set of HQ gathering/crafting gear if you want to do the grind yourself

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Vadoc posted:

You probably could've reported them and potentially get them banned.. but did you a favour instead of you having to disconnect from the dungeon until they booted you.

I did report them too, after I was kicked, and had a nice chat with a gm. I doubt anything will come of it, but oh well

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Safeword posted:

Oof, on the path of Titan. Endless forests were driving me mad.

Titan's chunk of the story is....rough, which is ironic considering how much padding there is. The good news is that the fight is absolutely worth it. Crank your music up.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The entire Titan section is only made more miserable by the fact that they try to pull off the tongue-in-cheek routine of, "Haha, it sure is silly how MMOs make you run around doing a bunch of trivial chores, huh?" while making you do trivial chores. It doesn't work like that, fuckers!!

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

small bird pudding posted:

I did report them too, after I was kicked, and had a nice chat with a gm. I doubt anything will come of it, but oh well

Maybe a ban of 24 hours but it's still a mark on their files for future complaints.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

How is Summoner? It seems like the job I hear about the least.

it's probably one of the best jobs in the game atm with good damage and utility and is even in meta comps it slots right into the MCH slot very nicely

RME
Feb 20, 2012

just dont die while you play it because you'd rather the game uninstalled than get ressed yourself

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm thinking of trying Summoner as an alt job based on what people have said; seems interesting. One thing people haven't mentioned much is how the pet aspect factors in. Is there any sort of special pet-specific stuff you have to do?

Phone posted:

if you're on excal, hit me up in game and i'll poop out a levekit or two for you or just give you a set of HQ gathering/crafting gear if you want to do the grind yourself

Yeah, I'm on Excalibur, thanks! Should be on tonight at some point (and some point over the weekend). Is a levekit the items to turn in for leves, or the resources to craft those items? I'm not really set on doing the whole grind myself; probably the biggest reason I want to do them is just to get to see all the quests (plus being able to craft equipment for alt jobs).

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Ytlaya posted:

I'm thinking of trying Summoner as an alt job based on what people have said; seems interesting. One thing people haven't mentioned much is how the pet aspect factors in. Is there any sort of special pet-specific stuff you have to do?

Summoner pet management for 99% of the game's content consists of summoning ifrit-egi on auto and then just ignoring your pet

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I hope the next expansion completely guts and reworks the pet system (they probably wont) because right now pets are just really janky damage cooldowns that love to take too long to respond to commands

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Whats driving me nuts with blazing an alt character through the story is that while you can mash past dialogue, sadly you can't mash past emotes.

I don't need to sit here and wait 5 seconds for the NPC to hold his hand up with their index finger in the air then lower it :byodood:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I'm on Excalibur, thanks! Should be on tonight at some point (and some point over the weekend). Is a levekit the items to turn in for leves, or the resources to craft those items? I'm not really set on doing the whole grind myself; probably the biggest reason I want to do them is just to get to see all the quests (plus being able to craft equipment for alt jobs).

the common opener has a petswap, but you end on ifrit who is pretty good at managing his own stuff
you can get some gains by manually doing pet stuff, but it's not really required. you can pretty much just leave it on sic, though some easy stuff like using heel to drag them back out of the cleave range after the boss has been moved around, or placing them where the boss returns from a jump is good to keep in mind.

Bahamut's AI is a bit finnicky, partly because the game never really gives you an idea on how wyrmwaves really work and the animation is surprisingly subdued, but the key point is bahamut is actually extremely sensitive to movement, and you should wait 2 or 3 GCDs after hitting akh morn before resuming using Fester

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Leal posted:

Whats driving me nuts with blazing an alt character through the story is that while you can mash past dialogue, sadly you can't mash past emotes.

I don't need to sit here and wait 5 seconds for the NPC to hold his hand up with their index finger in the air then lower it :byodood:

What percent of your life do you think you've spent being locked in place while an npc slowly turns 180 degrees and takes five steps and dithers out of existence?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I hope the next expansion completely guts and reworks the pet system (they probably wont) because right now pets are just really janky damage cooldowns that love to take too long to respond to commands

I had a dream the other day where selene/eos were super responsive and I was like oh yea, there was that big-ish patch yesterday, but then i woke up and remembered i've been unsubbed for 2 weeks :(

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

What percent of your life do you think you've spent being locked in place while an npc slowly turns 180 degrees and takes five steps and dithers out of existence?

Man, how much has been taken up with Vanu dailies with the fisher Vanu who puts away their rod, rotates to turn to you, rotates back to their default position, pulls out the rod and casts it before you can move again.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Leal posted:

Man, how much has been taken up with Vanu dailies with the fisher Vanu who puts away their rod, rotates to turn to you, rotates back to their default position, pulls out the rod and casts it before you can move again.

My new favourite is the Namazu daily with the three guys you make mad dancing potions for :suicide:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Leal posted:

Those were the guys that ingrained in me 'only ever talk to npcs from the front so at least you skip them turning'

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Those were the guys that ingrained in me 'only ever talk to npcs from the front so at least you skip them turning'

This.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
I have it doubly bad because my armoured transmog uses that huge steel armour which prevents your character from turning their head, or using most of the emotes.

Becomes pretty hilarious when she gives no indication of anything and NPCs still respond, though.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

orcane posted:

My new favourite is the Namazu daily with the three guys you make mad dancing potions for :suicide:

yeah but they're shakin it and the mol lady is too

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ytlaya posted:

Is a levekit the items to turn in for leves, or the resources to craft those items?

It's the items themselves.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

RME posted:

Bahamut's AI is a bit finnicky, partly because the game never really gives you an idea on how wyrmwaves really work and the animation is surprisingly subdued, but the key point is bahamut is actually extremely sensitive to movement, and you should wait 2 or 3 GCDs after hitting akh morn before resuming using Fester

i really with they would just make him into some jojo stand where he hovers behind you so i dont have to watch him waste 4 GCD slowly moving until hes in just the right spot next to me

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

They're a loving liability in hoh.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

itskage posted:

They're a loving liability.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

summons should be replaced with mainline-style cutscene nukes that the party has to sit through every time they're cast

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

CYBEReris posted:

summons should be replaced with mainline-style cutscene nukes that the party has to sit through every time they're cast

There are people that actually believe this. :(

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Everyone else should have to mash a button to give the summoner energy, spirit bomb style.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Kuvo posted:

i really with they would just make him into some jojo stand where he hovers behind you so i dont have to watch him waste 4 GCD slowly moving until hes in just the right spot next to me

Or just have him plant and use his 100 yalm range.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

itskage posted:

They're a loving liability in Eureka.

I get a kind of sick joy whenever a Carbuncle pulls one of those sleeping dragons and it proceeds to annihilate some poor walking Summoner.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

WrightOfWay posted:

Or just have him plant and use his 100 yalm range.

Demi-Bahamut likes to get up close and personal for his occasional laser blasts and air pelvic thrusts/wyrmwaves

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Play through on my alt character and really, the best part is being able to experience this again

They need to let us replay old quests.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Leal posted:

Play through on my alt character and really, the best part is being able to experience this again

They need to let us replay old quests.

Not gonna lie, I would be stoked if they added this as an option, and then did something crazy like Extreme Solo Duty fights for an extra challenge.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Extreme Solo Lighthouse Unlock Red Chocobos

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Extreme Solo Lighthouse Unlock Red Chocobos

I have no idea how I was supposed to solo that, the debuff for not getting hit murdered the poo poo out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You pick scholar and you run in circles with your Miasma 2 key weighted down