Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

it's actually good to stop people from listening to blind guardian because they're been some bad poo poo for several decades now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
nah, it's actually poo poo because lol at even giving a gently caress what someone else listens to one way or the other

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lifeglug posted:

Acting as a gatekeeper to keep people out of something.

Usually by loving terrible people who want their "thing" to be theirs and theirs alone. See: gamers and women for more information.

i guess women are keeping other people out of their thing if you consider terfs

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

AARP LARPer posted:

nah, it's actually poo poo because lol at even giving a gently caress what someone else listens to one way or the other

Gonna put this to the test.

I really rate Ghost.

edit:

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i guess women are keeping other people out of their thing if you consider terfs

Oh I meant gamers keeping women out of the hobby, not women being gatekeepers. But on that, gently caress TERFs.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
The Live DVD BG release was really awesome.

Their new stuff isn’t bad it’s just not who THEY are in a sense. It’s the same way I feel about Opeth.

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 16, 2019

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DroneRiff posted:

Browsing random recomendations lead to me discover Gotsu Totsu Kotsu who are really awesome.

Japanese death metal band whi sound really Vader-y (especially the vocals) and have loads of funky instrumental stuff going on, espcially a bunch of cool slap bass work. But without any modern tech-death sound/production (I know a lot of people aren't fans). Apprently the lyrics are all based on samuri stuff and folklore, who cares if it's all in Japanese it's fun.

They loving rule but get kinda boring a little too quick. It's like grind in a way that I love it for 15min then want to listen to something else.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Lifeglug posted:

I really rate Ghost.

I’m very happy for you and your broad tastes but

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

sir this is the metal thread

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Less Claypool posted:

Their new stuff isn’t bad it’s just not who THEY are in a sense. It’s the same way I feel about Opeth.

Blind Guardian is in the same category as Maiden, Amon Amarth and a few other bands who haven't put out an album I care about in ten years but who I will still catch live at every opportunity.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Lifeglug posted:

I really rate Ghost.

I rate them a 1/10!!!!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Less Claypool posted:

idk they pretty much always sound like Blind Guardian. They’re the rare band where the drummer leaving seems to have made a big impact though.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Nah the best Sonata Arctica song is that one where he's like "you were in the cold air without underwear, I stole your earring and lit a candle"

He's a weird rear end lyricist

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

COOL CORN posted:

Nah the best Sonata Arctica song is that one where he's like "you were in the cold air without underwear, I stole your earring and lit a candle"

He's a weird rear end lyricist

He's a weird rear end everything, really.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Holy gently caress Oranssi Pazuzu in a small place was one of the best shows ever, go see them on this tour if you can

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Hulk Krogan posted:

Blind Guardian is in the same category as Maiden, Amon Amarth and a few other bands who haven't put out an album I care about in ten years but who I will still catch live at every opportunity.

Yes. I'm not a big fan of Amon Amarth but they are phenomenal live, every time. I never miss them its a 100% guaranteed awesome time.

IDK what this gatekeeping thing is but I have to admit if the whole club is singing the bard song and you don't know the lyrics its clearly everyone else's fault and the whole BG fanbase should know better than to do singalongs. Stupid bastards all of them

I really wish they would still play "And then there was silence" every now and then, that was *the best* singalong! Everyone would grab each other shoulder to shoulder and the band would stretch the "la la la the nightmare shall be over now" part for a few bars and everyone jumped around and was happy singing. Man, BG and Maiden are probly my favorite bands of all time, I've seen both of them like 7 times

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 17, 2019

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

A human heart posted:

it's actually good to stop people from listening to blind guardian because they're been some bad poo poo for several decades now.

a twist in the myth and at the edge of time were good albums :colbert:

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Varg posted:

Holy gently caress Oranssi Pazuzu in a small place was one of the best shows ever, go see them on this tour if you can

I’m seeing them tonight. I’ve been looking forward to this show for weeks.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Varg posted:

I may have to settle for closing myself in the closet, turning out the lights and listening to this...

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Lol I loving hate those guys doing that gatekeeping poo poo. One time someone asked me to tell me Mike Muirs nickname pointing at my ST shirt. I told him to go gently caress himself. He was drunk and obnoxious though.

Edit: Wasn't even a kid but a 40 something lmao

Monstaland fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Oct 17, 2019

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Klaaz posted:

Lol I loving hate those guys doing that gatekeeping poo poo. One time someone asked me to tell me Mike Muirs nickname pointing at my ST shirt. I told him to go gently caress himself. He was drunk and obnoxious though.

Edit: Wasn't even a kid but a 40 something lmao

Just so you don't get picked on by old drunk guys at rock shows kiddo, it's Cyco Miko.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

r u serious

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Maybe

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
you were primed for the ultimate reversal and you failed.

you could have told him "that name didn't come around until after ST started sucking" and called him a poser

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The only Suicidal after the first album that I want to hear is the tracks on Welcome to Venice.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Eh excuse me but How will I laugh is their best album.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm a poser because I listened to one of their albums for like ten years before realizing it was a redone complilation of their early work

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
how about some cool bandcamp stuff? It's almost the weekend, you need new tunes.

https://necronomiconbm.bandcamp.com/album/unus

https://bastrd.bandcamp.com/album/witchhunt-ep

https://meat5000records.bandcamp.com/album/glutton-for-punishment

https://twbtt.bandcamp.com/album/descent-into-madness-ep

and finally, from the Brazilian corner of youtube because they're apparently too loving cool for bandcamp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x3yDExBBpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4utWcNhQeI

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm a poser because I listened to one of their albums for like ten years before realizing it was a redone complilation of their early work

prime cuts or whatever?

tbf it had pretty much all their good songs except memories of tomorrow

Parachute
May 18, 2003
comps work really well for some bands imo. i get the urge maybe once a year to listen to the misfits and compilation 1 is all i need to scratch that itch

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
you know the misfits were true punk because 75% of their original discography was on 7" singles that constantly went out of print

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Oh right Babymetal's new album came out last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaJUWRziDQc

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Muppets On PCP posted:

prime cuts or whatever?

tbf it had pretty much all their good songs except memories of tomorrow

Their self titled album. Is it not a compilation?

Edit wait hold on, I actually had a copy of "Still Cyco After All These Years" which I always thought was a compilation but apparently was a re-recording of their s/t and some other stuff. That may be what confused me

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 17, 2019

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Siivola posted:

Oh right Babymetal's new album came out last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaJUWRziDQc

babymetal still loving owns

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Spanish Manlove posted:

Edit wait hold on, I actually had a copy of "Still Cyco After All These Years" which I always thought was a compilation but apparently was a re-recording of their s/t and some other stuff. That may be what confused me

maybe you should just go get yourself a pepsi and calm down.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Spanish Manlove posted:

lol I had the same thing. I went out and bought the CD because I always wanted a copy of it but could never find one (since it was out of print at the time), and I just looked at the album cover and said "this is it."

Then I listened to it and it just seemed off. Wasn't until later that I figured out what had happen.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I have a take

Fenriz is an extremely good drummer.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Agreed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aRu_3WvE6c

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
He's great because he (mostly) keeps time and understands that there is beauty in simplicity and sleaze

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
New Tetianblood album. It's good.
https://teitanblood.bandcamp.com/album/the-baneful-choir

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

It's not on Apple Music yet, noooooooooooooooooooooo. Hurry up! I need to lift heavy weight to the new Teitanblood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

What the gently caress

2019 is straight up crazy