Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Spellman posted:

Ugh, Steamworld Heist is gorgeous though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFEQhTUOeiI&t=450s

It's underrated—I can't say anything about Darkest Dungeon because I haven't played it, but this game is quite good

Yeah Steamworld Heist is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

For anyone who was actually curious to what I ended up getting for my vacation it was: Rhythm Heaven.

Good choice. One of my favourite series. If you're not great at rhythm games you may be surprised by the challenge

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I read the spoiler but what is it and why does it matter?

Thought about it, but I feel like it'd be one of those games with an optimal way of playing that I wouldn't allow myself to diverge from becoming very repetitive. This happened with me in Darkest Dungeon and made me very quickly regret it.

For anyone who was actually curious to what I ended up getting for my vacation it was: Rhythm Heaven.

Good choice. Let us know what you think when you get to late game/post game challenges.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Will do.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Wubbadubbadubba, that true?

Yuh.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

curlys gold posted:

Wubbadubbadubba, that true?

Yeh.

And yes Rhythm Heaven is a good game.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Is it almost impossible to use the nub for anyone else playing Luigi's Mansion on the n3ds? I thought mine was broken until I booted up Snake eater and it controlled fine.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Manuel Calavera posted:

And yes Rhythm Heaven is a good game.

You go big guy!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Cool thanks. Never played any Luigi's Mansion, but it seemed intriguing when it came out. Having the whole series available on one console is pretty nifty. Would definitely consider.
The whole Luigi's Mansion series will only be available on 3DS until Luigi's Mansion 3 comes out. :v:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

The whole Luigi's Mansion series will only be available on 3DS until Luigi's Mansion 3 comes out. :v:

Yeah but that way you can say you played the whole continuity from the beginning up until that point, which is something that bothers me far far more than it should.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

endlessmonotony posted:

You go big guy!

Sorry i can't hear you over all the flexing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpsezVsd0No

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

loudog999 posted:

Is it almost impossible to use the nub for anyone else playing Luigi's Mansion on the n3ds? I thought mine was broken until I booted up Snake eater and it controlled fine.

You're still in a dream

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Al Borland Corpse posted:

You're still in a dream

Maybe, I tried it again today and its not so bad.. I just cant use the motion control cause the going in and out of 3d it causes makes me nauseous. I got to say that Snake Eater is just as much fun as I remembered.. I dont think I ever finished it on the 3ds though.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

I can’t believe I waited this long on Streets of Rage 2 3D.

The 3D isn’t just really pretty but I can easily identify what vertical plane the characters are on, meaning I can tackle higher difficulties for extra madness. It totally changes the game.

curlys gold fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 15, 2018

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mario Maker and Tomodachi Life are being added to the Selects line in Australia:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAUNZ/status/1053058203959869442

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Come on Star Fox in the US!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I ordered a copy of Legend of Legacy. I'm one of those hosed up weirdos who enjoys SaGa games and this one looks fun.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

BovineFury posted:

Come on Star Fox in the US!

I really hope this. It's still hovering around $40 for a used copy.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Mario Maker and Tomodachi Life are being added to the Selects line in Australia:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAUNZ/status/1053058203959869442

Does Mario Maker 3DS have unfucked custom level loading now?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

Does Mario Maker 3DS have unfucked custom level loading now?

Nope. Random online levels only.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wow New Game+ in Luigi's Mansion is pretty loving brutal now.
The sound design for this game holds up so drat well btw. That's what Dark Moon really lacked imo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Augus posted:

Wow New Game+ in Luigi's Mansion is pretty loving brutal now.
The sound design for this game holds up so drat well btw. That's what Dark Moon really lacked imo

I’m so happy to finally play it. I was pissed we didn’t get it for the American release but Europeans got it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I hadn't gotten into WarioWare besides Smooth Moves (and I felt that was basically half tutorials) and Gold seems like a high point in the series.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'm having a blast with Super Metroid. Fusion and Zero Mission were two of my favorite games on the GBA. Don't know why I waited to get it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I just bought a copy of Portrait of Ruin off eBay that's probably a bootleg...do bootleg DS games boot fine on 3DS?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

jivjov posted:

I just bought a copy of Portrait of Ruin off eBay that's probably a bootleg...do bootleg DS games boot fine on 3DS?

I have a bootleg Kirby Mass Attack that does not work on 3DS

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Sudden Javelin posted:

I have a bootleg Kirby Mass Attack that does not work on 3DS

Oof...well, I can always open a PayPal dispute if it doesn't work

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The two bootleg DS games I've (accidentally) bought worked for like 5 minutes but kept crashing

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I bought so many unexpected bootleg GBA and DS games off eBay that I eventually gave up and just got a flash card. Most of them stopped working like a month after playing for the first time.:smith:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

jivjov posted:

Post a picture of it

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
My Kirby Mass Attack is great. The front of the box has a PEGI rating (which it should, I'm in Europe) and then the back of it has an ESRB rating.

The manual also looks like it is just a review spread across multiple pages and broken up with screenshots.

I should note I didn't buy it. Christmas present.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

jivjov posted:

No, that's how I found out that the last bootleg cart I ended up with was one

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

African AIDS cum posted:

Post a picture of it

I just bought it; hasn't even shipped yet. Guy has good feedback though...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Castlevania-Dawn-of-Sorrow-Order-Ecclesia-Portrait-Ruin-Game-Card-US-Version/401601057333

That's the listing

I was reminiscing about missing my copy of the game..and just impulse bought

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

jivjov posted:

I just bought it; hasn't even shipped yet. Guy has good feedback though...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Castlevania-Dawn-of-Sorrow-Order-Ecclesia-Portrait-Ruin-Game-Card-US-Version/401601057333

That's the listing

I was reminiscing about missing my copy of the game..and just impulse bought

Yeah thats definitely a fake, just file a claim when it arrives and you'll get a full refund and can keep it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sudden Javelin posted:

My Kirby Mass Attack is great. The front of the box has a PEGI rating (which it should, I'm in Europe) and then the back of it has an ESRB rating.

The manual also looks like it is just a review spread across multiple pages and broken up with screenshots.

I should note I didn't buy it. Christmas present.

I got a bootleg copy of Tetris DS that was exactly like this.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
While not bootleg I bought a used copy of Darkwing Duck on the Gameboy at Funcoland. Imagine my surprise it was the German copy of the game. But it a platformer so I didn’t mind.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
is there a way to get old ds games without accidentally buying bootlegs? I just got the new 2ds xl and I want to play the DS castlevanias I missed.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
your only real option to avoid bootlegs will be used games at brick and mortar stores, and even then you never really know without examining it, and i doubt they'd let you do that in the store.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

eBay listings with reasonable looking prices and photos that look like they're actually of the cart theyre selling so you can check for obvious bootleg stuff are about the best you can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't usually buy DS games on eBay but it's generally a good idea to avoid prices that sound too good to be true. And be sure to not buy games from China.