Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i'm currently attending an FF wedding for someone I run hoh with

its just like a real life wedding where i don't know a loving person here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

UHD posted:

i'm currently attending an FF wedding for someone I run hoh with

its just like a real life wedding where i don't know a loving person here

Along with an orgy session, right?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i presume thats after the final vows cutscene

it better be anyway

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

I tried to run an instance command to say how many people are in it but it says its not an instance. I assume that means there's only one for all of Primal?

It's not instanced like the world areas are with the population balancing, so the command won't work. Its instanced like a dungeon is. You can run the player search in there to see how many people are in a zone.

I used to run that all of the time when doing amenos because if it wasn't 10-20 from max then the zone was draining and not letting new people in for whatever reason. It would basically strand anyone left giving them fewer people to play with and crippling the train.

So I don't know about pagos but if you saw that in amenos you'd bail and reenter to get put in a zone with people.

Another great Eureka feature.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Hey, you know what's good design?

A NM that hits really hard on everyone in the area, surrounded by enemies that aggro on HP under 80% AND enemies that aggro on magic, both of which one-shot you instantly.

Along with two other types of Level 37 adds for good measure.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Hey, you know what's good design?

A NM that hits really hard on everyone in the area, surrounded by enemies that aggro on HP under 80% AND enemies that aggro on magic, both of which one-shot you instantly.

Along with two other types of Level 37 adds for good measure.
Change your name Scrubbyplay Gittygud

And then git gud, scrub.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Samurai is pretty fun and straightforward. I think I will level this Samurai to 60 so I can do the Stormblood stuff as a class appropriate for the theme.

edit: My character also looks pretty cool with the samurai clothes:

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 25, 2018

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

Ytlaya posted:

Samurai is pretty fun and straightforward. I think I will level this Samurai to 60 so I can do the Stormblood stuff as a class appropriate for the theme.

edit: My character also looks pretty cool with the samurai clothes:

I love that the basic ironworks gear turns you into a cyber samurai. I should probably dye the armor black to go with my shades for a closer Shadowrun look.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

drat, this Main Scenario Roulette gave 500 Poetics Tomestones. Though I guess you're kinda rolling the dice that you don't end up in the ridiculously long final dungeon.

edit: It kind of bugs me that you never get to see what Gaius, Livia, and that other imperial dude look like without their helmets. I imagine Livia looks sorta like her sister, but no clue about Gaius.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Aug 25, 2018

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

SAM can wear high allagan striking chest/hands so that's what I always have on.

Ytlaya posted:

drat, this Main Scenario Roulette gave 500 Poetics Tomestones. Though I guess you're kinda rolling the dice that you don't end up in the ridiculously long final dungeon.
The Custscene (Extreme) is scaled to give more exp. if you just want poe then its not ideal yeah.

Algid fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 25, 2018

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

edit: It kind of bugs me that you never get to see what Gaius, Livia, and that other imperial dude look like without their helmets. I imagine Livia looks sorta like her sister, but no clue about Gaius.

:ironicat:

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

i've run prae enough that I've heard people joking anout Gaius releasing his bankai multiple times then it turns out he's been hunting mask wearing evil spirits this entire time.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Anemos didn't, Pagos mobs don't follow you forever but they do have a much longer leash.

Technically I seem to recall certain mobs in Anemos that would track you drat near to the ends of the earth it felt.....the tigers or something. They just seemed to have a FAR longer leash then any of the other monsters.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What is even the point of that? You can only sprint for 10 seconds if you get aggro, and the enemies can easily catch up to you while you're sprinting. The ones that use magic don't even need to chase you. If you need to actually run from an enemy, chances are that one or two hits will kill you, and there's no real way to survive aside from not aggroing in the first place (which is not always possible in some places like the shark hallway in Anemos) or just being a high enough level that you can get hit a few times and ignore the damage while moving out of their attack range.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/460229/eorzean-symphony-final-fantasy-xiv-orchestral-album-blu-ray-music-disc

Uh, so is this just music on a Blu-ray, or is it concert footage as well?

E: I'm an idiot. Forgot to click See more.

Zam Wesell fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Aug 25, 2018

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
How do I save my UI and macro settings on the PS4, if its even possible? Upgrading the HDD at some point and I'd rather not faff around with all that again...

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

DizzyBum posted:

You could de-aggro certain mobs by training them through shallow water or casting the Deodorize spell.

There are two ways to deal with this monster:

1. Axe.
2. An axe.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Safeword posted:

How do I save my UI and macro settings on the PS4, if its even possible? Upgrading the HDD at some point and I'd rather not faff around with all that again...

Of note, the last thing in that list. Therefore, a thing that will be a non-issue come 4.4.

quote:

Server-side game/ui config saving / loading is manual. You have to open the character settings and press a button. The server guys wanted to kill Yoshida when he asked for it to be automatic.

It's also not known if it works cross-platform as Yoshida presented it as a back-up feature. Idk which would surprise me more, if it worked cross-platform or if it didn't.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Safeword posted:

If you mean upgrading the PS4 HDD, I assume you can back up and move the game's data to the new HDD just like all the other PS4 data.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
I hadn't considered that, orcane. :downs:

That patch looks as if it'll be a non-issue either way!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah, your config settings are just part of the PS4 'save' (alongside saved charagen data). They're probably already getting backed up to PS+ every night. You can copy them to a USB as well and they'll also transfer if you use the PS4's transfer utility to move to a new HDD.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BICH3cuBIqo

This is a pretty touching video.

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010
I just think it's cool that they're using the Mystic Quest bosses for the Eureka poo poo. They better let us fight big ol' spider Dark King.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
have they teased O9-O12 bosses yet?

also the Light Party movies are seriously amazing and i cried like a dummy at the most recent one

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Countblanc posted:

have they teased O9-O12 bosses yet?

also the Light Party movies are seriously amazing and i cried like a dummy at the most recent one

We'll see what's up in Alphascape in the next live letter on the 31st.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Touchfuzzy posted:

I just think it's cool that they're using the Mystic Quest bosses for the Eureka poo poo. They better let us fight big ol' spider Dark King.

Louhi is from a weird spin-off that isn't Mystic Quest, isn't she? Google-fu said 4 Warriors of Light or something like that.

EponymousMrYar posted:

A few mobs have that outside of Eureka, the only thing that's really 'new' there is the 'THAT DUDE CAST A SPELL! KILL HIM!' aggro on the sprites AFAIK.

Sprites do that on the overworld too. You can try it out on the ones that are just outside Limsa. I found that out the hard and annoying way. Sprites hit super hard. The only aggro type I think is unique to Eureka is the night monsters going after you when you're below 100% HP. Which is such a dick kick.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I've never seen an overworld sprite agro without being actually attacked. On the other hand, there is "bully" agro where if you attack something that you greatly outlevel (or are in a party) other monsters may join in regardless of their usual agro mode.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Hmm, think I'm going to cut my losses and start over on an EU server. As zones are getting more populated and Dungeons less forgiving, I'm starting to feel the impact of latency.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

You could pay for a server transfer instead of starting over fresh.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I dunno what I was expecting, but this is actually a great video. Very well put together.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Note that this is the 4th of 4. The 3rd one is...I'm not crying, you're crying.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

Louhi is from a weird spin-off that isn't Mystic Quest, isn't she? Google-fu said 4 Warriors of Light or something like that.

4 Heroes of Light. There's a LP going on right now, actually.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

4 Heroes of Light is basically Bravely Default 0.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yes, pretty much all of the regular enemies and the Norende bosses that aren't Ba'als came from 4HoL.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://i.imgur.com/GZMVCz2.mp4

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm doing some quest where I have to wait for these FATEs to spawn. It is dumb.

FATEs are dumb, what is even the point of them? They're everywhere, but seem almost completely pointless (unless you need them for a quest like this). Leves seem far more effectively if you're trying to level up, and I'm pretty sure there are also better ways to get GC seals if that's your goal.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

The Eorzean Concert was excellent, they did the time stop during Moebius and the string quartet version of Oblivion was amazing!

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
FATEs are generally better than leves for combat class leveling (they never run out, don't need to teleport to an NPC for the rewards, leves are best used for Crafters, etc.) and they're an okay source of GC seals. They're also nice to do while leveling on the way to an MSQ destination, and some have unique rewards (like a pet or chocobo barding).

They've taken a hit since launch due to the advent of more efficient leveling options (PotD, HoH, Squadrons, several roulettes, improved leveling dungeons in SB) along with their semi-reliance of other players. Soloing HW dungeons unsynced is way more efficient for just GC seals as well. They started getting phased out a bit in HW and a lot more in SB (once the initial launch rush passed), so they're kind of a relic ATM.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

I'm doing some quest where I have to wait for these FATEs to spawn. It is dumb.

FATEs are dumb, what is even the point of them? They're everywhere, but seem almost completely pointless (unless you need them for a quest like this). Leves seem far more effectively if you're trying to level up, and I'm pretty sure there are also better ways to get GC seals if that's your goal.

Leves are a limited resource and FATEs are not, basically. And if you're looking for combat xp you should be doing roulettes or hitting up Palace of the Dead instead of using leves. FATEs are basically what you do if you are a dps waiting on a queue to pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I did the "It's Not Lupus" FATE to hit 50 on DRK today. Barely made it, though... like maybe 8 seconds left on the timer.

Doing FATEs for the weekly bonus isn't too bad, either.