Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cats welcome home soldiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgcIBRxjBjY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Huh, so that's where that term comes from.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Apogee15 posted:

Yeah, except the skins don't make the gun shoot any differently.

Oh, so it's exactly like TF2.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, so it's exactly like TF2.

In TF2 there is always some difference between the guns that's large enough to warrant it. Usually like reload time or its an instakill upon headshot or what have you

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Delivery McGee posted:

Huh, so that's where that term comes from.

Usually that's when you pinch a persons rear end not their vadge.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

In TF2 there is always some difference between the guns that's large enough to warrant it. Usually like reload time or its an instakill upon headshot or what have you

There's no gameplay differences between guns you pay for vs ones you get for free in TF2. There's lots of alternate weapons that do different things, but they're all available for free. The CS:GO model is the same.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

edit: ignore!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Tusen Takk posted:

What kind of sheep is that? I was watching the other videos and the bloody thing is massive compared to his dog. Based on my phone googling it might be an arapawa which are apparently rare so idk

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Slime posted:

There's no gameplay differences between guns you pay for vs ones you get for free in TF2. There's lots of alternate weapons that do different things, but they're all available for free. The CS:GO model is the same.

Actually not really.
The TF2 alt weapons are different in function/stats and can change the way you play that class, you can buy them if you want to, otherwise you have to wait for them to drop/get class achievements to unlock them, some are pretty much stat tweaks while others are completely different weapons all together.

In CS:GO Every single thing that you can buy with real cash is purely cosmetic/bragging. You have access to all the weapons from the start.
(In CS, in each match/set of rounds, you get in-game cash points depending on personal and team performance that you use to buy weapons/equipment, it doesn't carry over to other servers/maps/set of rounds.)

So yeah grown men are paying thousands of dollars to play what amounts to G.I Joe* dress up.

*Now in Arctic Camo for only 14.99$!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Actually not really.
The TF2 alt weapons are different in function/stats and can change the way you play that class, you can buy them if you want to, otherwise you have to wait for them to drop/get class achievements to unlock them, some are pretty much stat tweaks while others are completely different weapons all together.

In CS:GO Every single thing that you can buy with real cash is purely cosmetic/bragging. You have access to all the weapons from the start.
(In CS, in each match/set of rounds, you get in-game cash points depending on personal and team performance that you use to buy weapons/equipment, it doesn't carry over to other servers/maps/set of rounds.)

So yeah grown men are paying thousands of dollars to play what amounts to G.I Joe* dress up.

*Now in Arctic Camo for only 14.99$!

how the gently caress do you people keep misunderstanding this

All the alternate guns in TF2 can be gotten. For free. Without paying real life money or buying keys. Which means there is no real gameplay difference between the fancy pants strange and killstreak versions and the normal ones you get just by playing. Paying real money doesn't get you better stuff except for some cosmetic differences. It is like this in both games. Paying cash in both games basically amounts to playing dress up. You don't really stand to gain a drat thing in terms of increasing your K/D ratio by paying money. If you mean that in TF2 you can either wait for an item to drop or pay real cash for it, well, paying real cash for it is a real sucker's game. The stock weapons are arguably the best overall anyway, and by trading duplicates you can quite easily get all the weapons you want.

That is what I mean by no gameplay differences.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Shut up about TF2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4yLEmYfe1s

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Slime posted:

Once you stop giving words your own meaning, people will stop misunderstanding you, it's simple.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Hell yea, people arguing about TF2 vs CS.

Internet never changes.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Big Japan is known for poor decisions when it comes to gimmick matches.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Bird that lived with a couple that got a divorce picks up some interesting mannerisms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcFEA0vSwgQ

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Good lord, the comments from all the people that didn't read that the video's a parody... :psyduck:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
A girl is hired and about to start a job at a pizza place:

Whoops, her manager happened to check her Twitter:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

Good lord, the comments from all the people that didn't read that the video's a parody... :psyduck:

Apparently making fun of both cat lovers and soldiers makes for a perfect storm of humourless morons.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Ragequit posted:

Bird that lived with a couple that got a divorce picks up some interesting mannerisms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcFEA0vSwgQ

I think I heard "I don't even want to talk to you" and a couple of instances of "fuckin bitch" in there. Bit of funny, bit of sad.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Apparently making fun of both cat lovers and soldiers makes for a perfect storm of humourless morons.

But it's not actually mocking either cat lovers or returning soldiers.

If anything, it's mocking cats.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Ragequit posted:

A girl is hired and about to start a job at a pizza place:

Whoops, her manager happened to check her Twitter:

Argh, there are so many great ways to say "You're fired!" I can't believe he went with such a lame response :argh:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Argh, there are so many great ways to say "You're fired!" I can't believe he went with such a lame response :argh:

Well that was apparently his first tweet in 6 years, so I cut him a little slack.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
McDonalds employee got fired. He wasn't very happy with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdgTjvEuJY

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Mr-Spain posted:

So how much time do you spend around beltway 8 and bellaire blvd?

I live pretty much at Westpark and Beltway 8. It is a nightmare. :smith:

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
Teamwork!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Ragequit posted:

Well that was apparently his first tweet in 6 years, so I cut him a little slack.

Good on him for doing his homework. She probably didn't even have her W-4 filled out yet and got the boot.

I can't believe someone would land a job and then immediately shittalk it on social media. People do check that stuff, and not just employers--landlords do it, too. Oh, you never party, don't smoke indoors, and don't have any pets? Then what's this photo you posted yesterday captioned "me n my gal Mitzy gettin' fuckt up at the crib" in which you're sitting at a table in your kitchen that is covered in empties and red cups with a cigarette in your mouth, a cat in your lap, and eight people socializing behind you? Sorry, we're full up right now.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

DesperateDan posted:

McDonalds employee got fired. He wasn't very happy with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdgTjvEuJY

The manager calmly asking him to leave was fired too:

quote:

"[Management] felt like I didn't have control of the store," says Robertson. "This story is worldwide now and they're looking at it like if I did something to solve it before it got all over the world they wouldn't be getting all of this attention now. They don't want all of this attention, and they're blaming me."

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Good on him for doing his homework. She probably didn't even have her W-4 filled out yet and got the boot.

I can't believe someone would land a job and then immediately shittalk it on social media. People do check that stuff, and not just employers--landlords do it, too. Oh, you never party, don't smoke indoors, and don't have any pets? Then what's this photo you posted yesterday captioned "me n my gal Mitzy gettin' fuckt up at the crib" in which you're sitting at a table in your kitchen that is covered in empties and red cups with a cigarette in your mouth, a cat in your lap, and eight people socializing behind you? Sorry, we're full up right now.

When I was in college it was hilarious how common it was for students to get kicked out because they posted a picture on facebook of themselves taking a bong rip in the dormrooms. And they always acted so incredulous and angry like they really just had no idea how they ever got caught. It was even more schadenfreudey because it was a school with a very well known unwritten rule saying "do that in these places where security never bothers to go, just not in the dorms".

Anyone who was anyone knew exactly which places in the dark corners of campus it was safe to go to smoke your joint, including the faculty. That was the point.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Tusen Takk posted:

What kind of sheep is that? I was watching the other videos and the bloody thing is massive compared to his dog. Based on my phone googling it might be an arapawa which are apparently rare so idk

He says in the comments that it's an Arapawa who lives largely feral on his land.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Slime posted:

All the alternate guns in TF2 can be gotten. For free. Without paying real life money or buying keys. Which means there is no real gameplay difference between the fancy pants strange and killstreak versions and the normal ones you get just by playing. Paying real money doesn't get you better stuff except for some cosmetic differences. It is like this in both games. Paying cash in both games basically amounts to playing dress up. You don't really stand to gain a drat thing in terms of increasing your K/D ratio by paying money. If you mean that in TF2 you can either wait for an item to drop or pay real cash for it, well, paying real cash for it is a real sucker's game. The stock weapons are arguably the best overall anyway, and by trading duplicates you can quite easily get all the weapons you want.

Yeah and nobody else on the planet earth would use those words to describe that situation, is the problem. You're communicating the wrong concept.

The guns in TF2 have gameplay differences from stock guns. You don't have those guns by default. You can buy them. Or you can earn them. But they have loving gameplay differences.

Dota/Smite/LOL has the same model; you can buy characters or you can unlock them, but different characters have gameplay differences.

By comparison in CSGO, you can earn guns for free or you can buy them, but both ways there are no gameplay differences. The guns are literally the same as the stock guns.

People keep misunderstanding you because you're saying "no gameplay differences" when you mean to say "can be earned in-game for free". Since those two things mean entirely different concepts, I don't understand why you're having such a hard time with this. Everybody else interprets "Gameplay difference" means "the guns are different". Thats what those words add up to when put together.

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 18:09 on Feb 10, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Dota/Smite/LOL has the same model; you can buy characters or you can unlock them, but different characters have gameplay differences.

Actually, in Dota 2 all the heroes are free and always available. Only cosmetic stuff costs money. Otherwise you are right.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I'm 99% sure that people arguing about the semantics of paying money for weapon skins in video games are doing so to attempt to rationalize the massive amount of money they've spent because they are ashamed.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Andrast posted:

Actually, in Dota 2 all the heroes are free and always available. Only cosmetic stuff costs money. Otherwise you are right.

Aw poo poo you're right. I rarely play DOTA2 compared to other MOBAs. :doh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Esroc posted:

When I was in college it was hilarious how common it was for students to get kicked out because they posted a picture on facebook of themselves taking a bong rip in the dormrooms. And they always acted so incredulous and angry like they really just had no idea how they ever got caught. It was even more schadenfreudey because it was a school with a very well known unwritten rule saying "do that in these places where security never bothers to go, just not in the dorms".

Anyone who was anyone knew exactly which places in the dark corners of campus it was safe to go to smoke your joint, including the faculty. That was the point.

I got lots of calls from fraternity brothers after I finished grad school, who were complaining about being suspended or on probation because the university "somehow" saw photos of them doing various bad things. Back then, you couldn't get a Facebook account without a .edu email address, so they all assumed Facebook was "for students." My answer was always "You know who else has a .edu email? The chancellor and the president. Your advisor. Your RA. The custodial staff. And campus police, you loving idiot. Scrub that poo poo!"

Why you would post a photo of yourself taking a hit off of a massive bong in what is clearly your dorm room is something I'll never understand but it still happens all the time. Of course, just like in your case, they were incredulous and angry. "IT'S FOR STUDENTS! THEY SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO THAT!" Dude, you put a photo on the Internet of you breaking state law, violating the terms of your lease agreement, and violating the student conduct code! :downs:

GOTTA STAY FAI has a new favorite as of 18:31 on Feb 10, 2015

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Dog realizes walkies is actually vet visit, refuses to comply.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

And that's why you don't sleep with the fan on :tinfoil:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Pierzak posted:

And that's why you don't sleep with the fan on :tinfoil:

FANS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

FANS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

Yeah, fans actually chop up the oxygen molecules and cause you to suffocate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
Charles Manson has broken off his engagement to his 20 year old fiance. He discovered that she only wanted to marry him in order to gain future possession of his corpse. She planned to display it as a tourist attraction, like Lenin in Moscow.

http://wgntv.com/2015/02/09/charles-mansons-fiancee-allegedly-only-wanted-him-for-his-corpse/

• Locked thread