Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BERGfu posted:

Yo gently caress whatever trying to embed video off this lovely app doesn't work

Just post it from your computer @ work while yelling gently caress YOU BOSS at the top of your lungs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

primelaw posted:

Is there a decent way to block the gold spammers, or am I gonna have to manually block each one...

Turn off general chat.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Yall should join pubbie boss scroll groups and claim to have a scroll to summon, then leave when it's your turn. CM Jouska said GMs will never punish it.

"CM_Jouska posted:

This is not something the GM's will take action over, but you could always note the offending players guild and declare war on them. Also there is an NPC in the Velia Inn who will help you find a specific player for a little energy.

Happy Hunting ;)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYvtMBUAEbk

Valk Awakening Lance video. Probably the awakening that changes the class the least so far? It seems to be focused around charges, just counters, shield pushes and an ability that groups mobs in an area for a big gently caress off jump attack. It also has a small teaser for Bladers Halberd and Plums Spear.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Valk Awakening Lance video. Probably the awakening that changes the class the least so far? It seems to be focused around charges, just counters, shield pushes and an ability that groups mobs in an area for a big gently caress off jump attack. It also has a small teaser for Bladers Halberd and Plums Spear.

That looks horrible

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Um excuse me pleb, that is not a Halberd. It is a Woldo.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Seems kinda like the greatsword, turning the classes strengths into wide AOE, could be good for group combat

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

That looks horrible

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Stormgale posted:

Seems kinda like the greatsword, turning the classes strengths into wide AOE, could be good for group combat

GS seems to have a lot less mobility than lance but usually in group combat wider arcs are more useful than thrusts. And unless the lance has built in guard on most of its attacks, the GS would have the benefit of life leaching too. If lance has a lot of extra CC then I could see it being pretty useful, the sort of forward reach from its rushes could absolutely poo poo over rangers if they can lock them down.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Based on how those attacks look I'm going to say the gimmick is going to be having guard up while a lot of those attacks go through + counter mechanics or some such.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

GS seems to have a lot less mobility than lance but usually in group combat wider arcs are more useful than thrusts. And unless the lance has built in guard on most of its attacks, the GS would have the benefit of life leaching too. If lance has a lot of extra CC then I could see it being pretty useful, the sort of forward reach from its rushes could absolutely poo poo over rangers if they can lock them down.

Sorry I meant like how the GS gives warrior cleaving, this seems to give a lot of AOE CC etc but we will see, I thought it looked neatish

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stormgale posted:

Sorry I meant like how the GS gives warrior cleaving, this seems to give a lot of AOE CC etc but we will see, I thought it looked neatish

If you are a warrior and you don't max EVERYTHING in Piercing Strike for PVP, you're missing out:

- Makes you stupid mobile with jumping Piercing Strike
- Life Leech
- Cleaves and can hit a bunch of people
- Gives you a spammable ranged attack
- 100% crit rate
-Knockback and spammable cast interrupt
- It's bound to the same combo as Forward Strike essentially, so you dump rage with Piercing, then it auto switches to Forward, then re-rage dumps with Piercing. Add Scars of Dusk and Spinning Strike for flavor.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Daum has admitted that the Valk kit needed help several times. Unlike other awakenings which significantly change the class, the valk awakening appears to be almost a 1:1 straight up kit upgrade.

e: The only things Valk has been lacking on KR post Mediah are: consistent movement speed, shield absorption. I doubt they will give a shield boost, but this awakening definitely gives us some more mobility, perhaps a super-armor charge, and what looks like a channeled AOE cc.

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 22, 2016

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
I did the world boss Red Nose as a casually geared Valkyrie yesterday, and no it was not better than that Berserker description. All of his attacks could kill me straight through block.

Also had my first sweet pvp duel yesterday when I stopped to invite someone to a party and his over-geared sorceress guildmate flagged up and two-shot me from behind.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Probad posted:

I did the world boss Red Nose as a casually geared Valkyrie yesterday, and no it was not better than that Berserker description. All of his attacks could kill me straight through block.

Also had my first sweet pvp duel yesterday when I stopped to invite someone to a party and his over-geared sorceress guildmate flagged up and two-shot me from behind.

Valks job in world bosses:

1. Cast DP buff
2. Go afk

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Someone please explain this to me.

Ive been trying for the past two days to connect this fishing hotspot I found so I can make some money and no matter what nodes I invest contribution into when I bring the fish to a trade I get the budget no trade route prices.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Hi posted:

Someone please explain this to me.

Ive been trying for the past two days to connect this fishing hotspot I found so I can make some money and no matter what nodes I invest contribution into when I bring the fish to a trade I get the budget no trade route prices.

You don't have any contribution points invested in Daton Island itself.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I like the fishy drawing

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Probad posted:

You don't have any contribution points invested in Daton Island itself.

I do

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

You don't in that screenshot.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

EDIT: Whoops double post

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

What the hell is this? Dude one shots me.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

FireWhizzle posted:

Valks job in world bosses:

1. Cast DP buff
2. Go afk

Is the range from shield throw just not enough to keep you safe during these cases?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is the range from shield throw just not enough to keep you safe during these cases?

It's not. The best I could do for safe damage was to drop spear and dodge away immediately. Hopefully that's different when I've got more levels and better gear.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Felony posted:

World boss.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Felony posted:

World Boss.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I am being told that http://rave.pro/ is new plug.dj.

Edit: :rip: not even the right thread.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 22, 2016

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Cool interactive map someone made with some treasure chests + hotspots

http://digfordiamonds.com/map/

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Patrol is going out again tonight friends, there are fishermans and cartmans without permits that need to be fined.

And by fined, I mean killed to death. :toot:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

Patrol is going out again tonight friends, there are fishermans and cartmans without permits that need to be fined.

And by fined, I mean killed to death. :toot:

Nominally I'd say your antics are totally going to get me chain killed when I hit level 45.

But I've come to terms with that, AND I do most of my leveling on a different channel.

Also holy gently caress is Wizard a monster destroying machine. Like I appreciate my warrior but the sheer amount of gently caress being thrown around by my lightning fire man is really great. So I'm probably switching mains :v:

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

The Quake posted:

Cool interactive map someone made with some treasure chests + hotspots

http://digfordiamonds.com/map/

I am going to check a couple of these tonight. I am curious about the claim of 'gold spots' being better hotspots than 'blue spots'.

I haven't afk fished in Velia in a while, they claim that is a gold spot, has anyone afk fished there lately, and if so what percentage of your inventory was golds vs blues?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I feel like Velia used to be a 'gold' spot, but the GMs probably changed it. I haven't gotten a gold fish from it since the first day I went there.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Yo dudes I just bought this game, what is the current overpowered faceroll class for being socially awkward and playing solo in an mmo?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

crew posted:

Yo dudes I just bought this game, what is the current overpowered faceroll class for being socially awkward and playing solo in an mmo?
You are playing this game solo no matter the class, essentially. Currently overpowered faceroll class is Ranger but it will take you a couple hundred hours to get there.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

crew posted:

Ranger, enjoy getting people really mad.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Drythe posted:

I feel like Velia used to be a 'gold' spot, but the GMs probably changed it. I haven't gotten a gold fish from it since the first day I went there.

AFK fished there for 2 hours last night while watching a couple of episodes of daredevil. Got about 6-7 gold, and a few more than that blue.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Gold != Yellow

Golds are 100k, Yellow is 20k. Were you getting those?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

crazystray posted:

I haven't afk fished in Velia in a while, they claim that is a gold spot, has anyone afk fished there lately, and if so what percentage of your inventory was golds vs blues?

My lowbie fishing alt with the silver fisher costume, base inventory size, and something like apprentice 7 in fishing, pulled 9 yellow fish (rest of inventory are blues) from there today from 6am-12noon when I remoted in and sold off the fish. My main with ~60 inventory slots was burning through a full steel rod and getting ~70% yellows overnight.

So yeah, it's still there, it's just slightly off the coast now. Get to the point where the cave starts on that beach and start swimming straight out from shore, you literally can't miss it on any server because of the dozens of fishing boats and rafts crammed into one tiny spot.

You'll crash to login every time you swim back to the shore, but that's a small price to pay.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I just row my boat out there and fill it with fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

sushibandit posted:

My lowbie fishing alt with the silver fisher costume, base inventory size, and something like apprentice 7 in fishing, pulled 9 yellow fish (rest of inventory are blues) from there today from 6am-12noon when I remoted in and sold off the fish. My main with ~60 inventory slots was burning through a full steel rod and getting ~70% yellows overnight.

So yeah, it's still there, it's just slightly off the coast now. Get to the point where the cave starts on that beach and start swimming straight out from shore, you literally can't miss it on any server because of the dozens of fishing boats and rafts crammed into one tiny spot.

You'll crash to login every time you swim back to the shore, but that's a small price to pay.

Yeah, I know about the spot, it's just a pain because of the crashing, etc... I've been fishing in a separate hotspot but I get maybe 15-25% yellow and the rest blue and was wondering if there are truly better hotspots, which it sounds like might be the case.

The map posted above shows another 'golden hotspot' that's not Vellia. I may go check that out.