Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lena Dunham
Sep 19, 2017

Flikken posted:

Or a player with a single syllable name makes a fun play and fans just like drawing it out.

See also Duke Johnson JR. in Cleveland.

also Muhammad MUHsin, Carlos BOOzer, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I like yelling Duuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkeeeeeee at the TV.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
it is always hilarious when goons try to turn Kuhn into some ~problematic~ thing when in reality "oo" sounds are just fun to say

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Flikken posted:

I like yelling Duuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkeeeeeee at the TV.

Yeah, I bet you like cheering for David Duke. Don't you see what's really going on here! :v:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
yeah the cultural mecca of bumfuck wisconsin would never do anything racist

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
How dare anybody imply the state the elected Walker twice, Johnson twice, and went for Trump might be racist. How DARE you.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Milwaukee is more segregated than Chicago lmao.

And chicago loving pioneered zoning and white flight to keep the blacks away.
Milwaukee has mastered that poo poo.

Mostly yeah Wisconsin is only like at most marginally more racist than surrounding states. But ya'll still gonna see those jokes about how you enjoy saying Kuhn, because jokes.

Ask me anything about central and southern IL and I'll say similar things about the people down here.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/981183746442326017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Packers made the right decision drafting Damarious Randall

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Short, good read

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

nerve posted:

How dare anybody imply the state the elected Walker twice, Johnson twice, and went for Trump might be racist. How DARE you.

But the black sheriff!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

nerve posted:

How dare anybody imply the state the elected Walker twice

Three times, since he won the recall election.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Eddie Goldman is better and would have been a better pick for the Packers. :D

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/981626285981077504

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
It's cool one of the Patriots Junior teams is in the North now

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The Lions have ran out Orlovsky and.. Ruddock? as backups the last few years so I say "meh."

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Jake Rudock's hustle to get as paid as much as possible while being a backup QB is my favorite low-key Lions subplot.

He's gonna get medical school and residency covered.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Danny LaFever posted:

The Lions have ran out Orlovsky and.. Ruddock? as backups the last few years so I say "meh."

What's funny is that Orlovsky has actually turned into a really good analyst on twitter for evaluating QB play.

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
RIP

https://twitter.com/SarahSpain/status/981729370191663104

Lena Dunham
Sep 19, 2017

nerve posted:

All that and calling a white guy a coon, have they no decency??

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Is that Superbowl champion Kyle Van Noy that they are saying isn't doing well?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Comfortador posted:

Is that Superbowl champion Kyle Van Noy that they are saying isn't doing well?

Doing well for another team isn't exactly doing much for the Lions.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

he just deleted every picture on his instagram that had Bears stuff in it

what the gently caress is going on

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mastershakeman posted:

:unsmigghh:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

mastershakeman posted:

a spooooooooookyyyy cuuuurrrrsssse

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

mastershakeman posted:

Well poo poo that was quick.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

mastershakeman posted:

Bears all-in on Saquon Barkley!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I feel like this is the kind of approach -- instilling a sense of expectations to live up to -- that will quickly backfire if the Bears don't start strong:

quote:

3. The Bears and Cardinals kicked off their offseason programs Tuesday, and I’m always curious to hear how first-year coaches try to make a first impression. I love what Matt Nagy did in Chicago: As I heard it, he used the time with his players to explain the history of being a Bear, right down to the GSH initials (George S. Halas) on their jerseys, and the fact that their boss (Virginia McCaskey) happens to be GSH’s daughter. He did something similar with the staff a few weeks back at Soldier Field, and plans to have alumni back in the building to be around the players as soon as he can get them there.

4. Like a lot of coaches do, too, Nagy had some slogans for the players after they got through the history lesson and to a look at what’s ahead. One that stuck out: “Obsession.” It’s something that Nagy and GM Ryan Pace came up with, I’m told, with the implication being that being obsessed (in a good way) with football is what it takes to win in the NFL.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's far better that the bears learn about the great bear teams of the past by flagging down one of the '85 bears at the nearest car dealership or boat and fishing tackle expo

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

it's far better that the bears learn about the great bear teams of the past by flagging down one of the '85 bears at the nearest car dealership or boat and fishing tackle expo

If you don't eat at Ditka's, you ride the bench.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Cameron Meredith got offersheeted by the Saints. Bears did not match.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Cameron Meredith got offersheeted by the Saints. Bears did not match.

Why didn't they tender him at the higher level so they'd get a draft pick out of this? Does Pace not loving understand the rules of free agency?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Niwrad posted:

Why didn't they tender him at the higher level so they'd get a draft pick out of this? Does Pace not loving understand the rules of free agency?

Second round tender gives him more guaranteed money. Clearly, they didn't think he was worth that.

If I had to guess, Pace just likes letting the market set a price and if he thinks it's fair, he matches. If he thinks it was too much, he lets them go. But he gives players the chance to determine their market, which I suspect they'd appreciate.

It's pretty silly if that's what he does, because you are giving up lot of your bargaining power. It's the only reasoning that makes sense though.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Ryan pace got hung up that Meredith was only worth 2m not 3m meanwhile he's busy giving bad contracts to every backup free agent he can find

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's ok, kevin white is BACK

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sataere posted:

Second round tender gives him more guaranteed money. Clearly, they didn't think he was worth that.

If I had to guess, Pace just likes letting the market set a price and if he thinks it's fair, he matches. If he thinks it was too much, he lets them go. But he gives players the chance to determine their market, which I suspect they'd appreciate.

It's pretty silly if that's what he does, because you are giving up lot of your bargaining power. It's the only reasoning that makes sense though.

It's a million more for a good receiver or a 2nd round pick. Pace is clueless.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Reminder the Bears gave Marcus Wheaton a bigger contract with more guaranteed money.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Pace is a moron

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Didn't Pace give their third string TE a top-10 TE contract?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hot Diggity! posted:

Didn't Pace give their third string TE a top-10 TE contract?

Dion Sims? 3/18, with 10 guaranteed. but he's being so smart being savvy about not overpaying by a million on the best wr the bears have had the last 2 years

Wheaton got 2/11 with 6 guaranteed. I have no problem with pace throwing around money then cutting bad players, but good grief there's no excuse for being ok with paying Meredith 2m but not 3m

hell, Burton got 4/32 with 22 guaranteed. all while the 2nd round pick rides the bench at TE. Pace sucks

just checked and Meredith had the most receiving yards of any player under fox in one season (alshon kept getting hurt). I don't get why Pace is so obsessed with overpaying other teams backups and not his own guys

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 12, 2018

• Locked thread