Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
jesse ventura successfully sued his estate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

chris kyle, a broke-brain "hero" who killed a bunch of people in iraq in a v. racist way, then came home and lied about killing more in a v. racist way. this is what passes for a hero in the us, someone who glorifies in killing partisans in a war of occupation

the movie they did about him was aptly likened to the fake nazi propaganda movie in inglorious bastards

Wasn't Jesse Ventura the guy who called him out on it too?

e: beaten

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Jose posted:

jesse ventura successfully sued his estate

and now his son works for the russians

:thinkyemoji:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Everything wrong with American Sniper is summed up in that shot with the fake baby having its arm move thanks to Bradley Cooper's thumb.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

chris kyle, a broke-brain "hero" who killed a bunch of people in iraq in a v. racist way, then came home and lied about killing more in a v. racist way. this is what passes for a hero in the us, someone who glorifies in killing partisans in a war of occupation

the movie they did about him was aptly likened to the fake nazi propaganda movie in inglorious bastards

Yeah, it's very unlikely he killed anywhere close to what he claimed. Kills are mostly self-reported and the guy had grandiose delusions. He was also likely seriously mentally ill from the war. I guess his story (even if it's fake) is a good recruitment tool though.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Lime Tonics posted:

Snipers ehh? new record set the other day,

Report: Record 2-mile sniper shot kills ISIS militant in Iraq

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/report-record-2-mile-sniper-shot-kills-isis-militant-in-iraq/ar-BBD1Qjl?OCID=ansmsnnews11

American Sniper cucked by a Canadian. Sad.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum
Thank god the lol thread is back. I was seriously jonesing there for the good stuff, and DJT and thread deliver. 5/5, will repeat

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

nooneofconsequence posted:

Now I am taffing off at work looking up the best snipers in the world and there's this finn credited with killion like a trillion russians who kept snow in his mouth so they couldn't see the steam of his breath and crazy comic book poo poo

don't invade finland, kids

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pawn 17 posted:

Yeah, it's very unlikely he killed anywhere close to what he claimed. Kills are mostly self-reported and the guy had grandiose delusions. He was also likely seriously mentally ill from the war. I guess his story (even if it's fake) is a good recruitment tool though.

Don't forget how he died either 👌

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
Sniperman was gunned down at a shooting range, because he brought a guy with PTSD who lost his mind :911:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

american sniper is basically the nazi movie in inglorious basterds

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

don't invade finland, kids

There's nothing even there that is worth it just let them have it.

This applies to Paradox games as well.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

nooneofconsequence posted:

I've been told it was purely accidental/coincidence though because the MOA at that range is something like 40ft. Basically, that bullet could have hit anything at that range.

lol Dunno "call people fat on the internet" Turnip got elected president.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

Soho Joe posted:

Sniperman was gunned down at a shooting range, because he brought a guy with PTSD who lost his mind :911:

The irony behind this is hard to take in

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Looks like we won't be hearing from Nigfa Crab Pollack for about four years

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40372407

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

COMRADES posted:

There's nothing even there that is worth it just let them have it.

This applies to Paradox games as well.

cspam has taught me you can gently caress a horse in crusader kings just like mike pence

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

1redflag posted:

Also, such a good sniper that he can literally fire in the opposite direction and still take out his target. Calculating the bullet's reentry into the atmosphere must be a biiiiiiitch

He invented the 360 noscope

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

http://time.com/4829103/mitch-mcconnell-protest-senate-health-care-bill/

And I'm proud to be an American......

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

yo I never posted in this thread I'm just checking in to say y'all deserve a homeland and I hope the mods don't gently caress you over again

also to my Trumpatar dudes, don't poo poo this poo poo up, two state solution best solution for everyone involved

this is why GBS is the best subforum

Hey man, as far as I'm concerned this thread is your Olive Garden

Coz when yr here, yr family

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I wish the American Sniper movie included all the maniacal lies from the book, like Chris Kyle finding the wmd's in Iraq and then shooting black people from the roof of the superdome

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Cthulu Carl posted:

The Lying Sniper Man got a statue? Idgi

Guy must've been the worst sniper, ever.
"Hurr durr look at my flag! LOOK AT IT!"

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

He bragged about shooting looters during Katrina. He claimed that he went to New Orleans because the law-and-order situation was "dire", and that he shot like 30 people from a perch. That's the kind of lie a 10 year old kid tells at school and is promptly shot down because it's not believable even to other 10 year olds.

It would also get you the death penalty.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I hope we eventually get a movie of The Art of the Deal, except it's done like The Wolf of Wall Street or The Informant!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Tumble posted:

He bragged about shooting looters during Katrina. He claimed that he went to New Orleans because the law-and-order situation was "dire", and that he shot like 30 people from a perch. That's the kind of lie a 10 year old kid tells at school and is promptly shot down because it's not believable even to other 10 year olds.

It would also get you the death penalty.

I thought the story was that he went there under color of authority as an enforcer of martial law? Which is even more unbelievable than going there as a vigilante TBH.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Egbert Souse posted:

I hope we eventually get a movie of The Art of the Deal, except it's done like The Wolf of Wall Street or The Informant!

Trump biopic is gonna be called art of the steal

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

I'm Canadian Sniper and I apologise for every confirmed headshot

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Egbert Souse posted:

You know who else held frequent rallies after they were elected?

welcome back lol thread

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

welcome back lol thread

why do you get wound up about a gif its not a big deal

edit: lol i fell for the yikes not ending gif

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I thought the story was that he went there under color of authority as an enforcer of martial law? Which is even more unbelievable than going there as a vigilante TBH.

oh i think you're right, but yea either way it was an utterly insane lie.

what a hosed up person you'd have to be to think that lying about killing looters was something that would endear you to people.

didn't he also lie about punching out Jesse Ventura? i think his estate had to pay out 2 million bucks for that fib lmao - edit yes this was on the top of the page and i'm dumbb

Tumble fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 22, 2017

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Trump happily driving all over a golf course green like a total dipshit is literally the most Trump story possible.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/339046-video-of-trump-driving-on-the-golf-green-goes-viral

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

White House warns reporters to not report on the fact that they aren't allowed to report on today's press conference:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/06/22/white_house_press_conference_no_camera_notice_is_not_reportable_white_house.html

These sure are fascistnating times we live in.

Question: Is there any better way to get journalists to report on something than by saying "Don't report this!"?

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Trump happily driving all over a golf course green like a total dipshit is literally the most Trump story possible.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/339046-video-of-trump-driving-on-the-golf-green-goes-viral

He was already done with that hole so who cares about the people behind him? *does a sweet, muddy golf cart burnout on the green*

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

He looks like Uncle Vernon near the end of that

Catastrophe posted:

White House warns reporters to not report on the fact that they aren't allowed to report on today's press conference:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/06/22/white_house_press_conference_no_camera_notice_is_not_reportable_white_house.html

Question: Is there any better way to get journalists to report on something than by saying "Don't report this!"?

He was already done with that hole so who cares about the people behind him? *does a sweet, muddy golf cart burnout on the green*

lol

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Garuntee trump and trumpites are gonna say "no big deal it's his golf course anyway."

And they will be the same ones who were breathing a grateful sigh of relief that class had returned to the white house

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax

Catastrophe posted:

lmao they really looking for every lovely little loophole possible huh

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Catastrophe posted:

Well, it was worth a shot I guess

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Now watch this drive...ing

akiyba
Jan 28, 2009

Egbert Souse posted:

There's this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump%27s_The_Art_of_the_Deal:_The_Movie

It's on Netflix.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Garuntee trump and trumpites are gonna say "no big deal it's his golf course anyway."

And they will be the same ones who were breathing a grateful sigh of relief that class had returned to the white house

gently caress Obama for wearing a tan suit tho

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Jestery posted:

gently caress Obama for wearing a tan suit tho

Obama orders brown mustard on a burger.

"What a fancy boy! Look how much better he is than us! Enjoy your fancy mustard, Obama!"

Trump refuses to even walk next to other world leaders and instead chases them down the street in a golf cart.

"Oh wow. Such presidential leadership!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Easy d deleted the 9/11 tweet, but politico saved it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/donald-trump-9-11-sept-11-tweet-disappears-213546