Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Leal posted:

I hope they let us unlock the 1.0 tramp stamp

You'll take it out of my cold, dead hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The tramp stamp is why I always have a shirt on.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Azubah posted:

The tramp stamp is why I always have a shirt on.

Can't you just toggle it off?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

pupuru posted:

the what now

When the Rising Recruiter shows up, you can do a Eureka-style instance where you level sync to 50 and get dunked on by a bunch of monsters with overly large AOEs that will probably oneshot you.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Instead of doing Eureka I've been leveling other classes. Just got DRK to 60, some thoughts:

-This story is rad. Lived up to the hype so far.
-Sidurgu getting dunked on by moogles will never not be funny.
-This Myste kid is probably one of my least liked characters so far.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SettingSun posted:

-This Myste kid is probably one of my least liked characters so far.

This opinion never stops being entertaining.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This opinion never stops being entertaining.

He's right, though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rainuwastaken posted:

He's right, though.

He is, but still!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The narrative isn't very subtle about what this kid is about, if my hunch is correct like Fray was your dark side, Myste is the light, maybe? but that doesn't change the fact I want to give him a stone cold stunner. "Sorry I stole half your aether I'll give it back I promise but first I just want to use it to help everyone everywhere." That's just blackmail, kid.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Repair my Soul Crystal, you little poo poo. :argh:

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
From last page, I think that there’s a split between people who are avoiding Eureka and people who are actually doing it. The former are mostly bored because patch lull, and the latter are annoyed because Eureka.

The stuff that was in 4.3 was great! Even Ridorana, which I’ve come around on even if the bosses are a bit damage spongy. There just isn’t a whole lot of it, and since I’m actively avoiding Pagos it’s mostly Savage content (and crafter leveling) that’s keeping me around. Hopefully 4.4 will feel a bit less threadbare, or have a Eureka that doesn’t suck. :lol:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

orcane posted:

Can't you just toggle it off?

I wasn't aware that was an option, I'll check to see if its a thing tonight.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Talked with friend. Friend was lala, is now Roe.

Azubah posted:

I wasn't aware that was an option, I'll check to see if its a thing tonight.

/legacymark

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Eureka perplexes me. I thought there would be six instances, but the level cap will almost certainly be 70 because Stormblood.

But Pagos' level cap is halfway to 70. I guess the next four instances, assuming there are that many, could just raise the level cap by ten each time. :shrug:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Eureka perplexes me. I thought there would be six instances, but the level cap will almost certainly be 70 because Stormblood.

But Pagos' level cap is halfway to 70. I guess the next four instances, assuming there are that many, could just raise the level cap by ten each time. :shrug:

pretty sure they've said there's going to be four eurekas

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Brainamp posted:

/legacymark

You're doing good work. Roe supremacy.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

SettingSun posted:

The narrative isn't very subtle about what this kid is about, if my hunch is correct like Fray was your dark side, Myste is the light, maybe? but that doesn't change the fact I want to give him a stone cold stunner. "Sorry I stole half your aether I'll give it back I promise but first I just want to use it to help everyone everywhere." That's just blackmail, kid.

I'd say Fray is the embodiment of hunger, of personal perseverance/selfishness and Myste is the embodiment of regret and anxiety. Fray simply doesn't give a poo poo and will do anything he can to stay alive to keep fighting while getting stronger, but Myste just wants the fighting to stop and for people to be happy despite things not being ideal and life not always providing those kinds of choices.

Serve, save, slave, slay.

Brainamp posted:

Your friend made a good decision.

Oh, yeah. I guess Twitter found a new copyright listing. "Shadowbringers." Given how Stormblood was originally revealed and how the main scenario is shaping up, this sounds like the name of the next expansion.

The Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 27, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So 5.0 is when drk will become a real tank?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

dark knight is the realest tank

in my heart

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
"I'm a hero" I say out-loud to my monitor when I put blackest night on a dps standing in Famfrit's tsunami and they die anyways

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I used to think Tsunami was the meanest attack ever, but you really do have a fairly generous window to get out of the way of it.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Thundarr posted:

So 5.0 is when drk will become a real tank?

They're already the most defensive tank, what more do you want?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Tsunami was kind of bullshit until I learned the tell for it and now the most bullshit part is that the people you run Ridorania with will *always* drop their AoE markers in the places you're trying to move to avoid the Tsunami.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I just started playing this not too long ago and being a Ninja is the most fun I've ever had in an MMO. So far aside from lighting fireworks inbetween combos my fav thing is to wait for a quest to pop in duty finder, shukuchi up to a rando and slap him and then hide while commencing the duty resulting in me just completely vanishing

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just got WAR up to 50 and I realized I have no goddamn clue how to OT. Do I stay in Defiance?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

you will eventually get Deliverance and what you should be doing will become obvious (stay in deliverance as much as humanly possible at all times) (even if you're tanking) (especially if you're tanking)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
War is completely hosed for like the next 10 levels until you get more tools so just be the MT.

If there are two War vote kick the other one

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
If I sync down to 50, I tend to drop Storm's Eye before turning on Defiance. MT should have good enough aggro lead for you to drop IBs without taking over, and Shirk is a thing.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Arist posted:

I just got WAR up to 50 and I realized I have no goddamn clue how to OT. Do I stay in Defiance?

If you're the offtank, don't be in your tank stance. All you do with it on is make aggro problems and deal less damage.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Doesn't Defiance lower your damage output? Why would you have it on at all while OT at 50 sync? The bonus parry isn't useful and I can't imagine Inner Beast is worth losing a fifth of your DPS.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Tsunami was kind of bullshit until I learned the tell for it and now the most bullshit part is that the people you run Ridorania with will *always* drop their AoE markers in the places you're trying to move to avoid the Tsunami.

While you have Briny Cannonade on you, no less. :shepicide:

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
So am I understanding these Garlean jerks right:

Invade everyone else. Use their massive Fleet to crush opposition, run into dragons. Their flagship explodes and takes with it the majority of their military might.

Desperately summon a meteor to destroy everyone. Everyone proceeds to unite against them before it can drop.

Meteor actually turns out to be a giant egg. Bahamut pops out, causes calamity, is slain by the warriors of light.

Everyone is too busy licking their wounds to finish off the Garlean empire, so they go dark and begin to rebuild.

Is that roughly it?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Safeword posted:

Is that roughly it?

Pretty much, though it's worth noting that the guy who tried to smash the moon into the planet was kookoo for coco puffs, and even the Garlean emperor at the time told him to cut that poo poo out since it was super dumb. No point in ruling over a smoking crater after all. Unfortunately they went and did it anyway behind the empire's back, so...

Also their flagship exploded and accidentally fell on a big dam of aether, breaking open the floodgates and making it so primals are comparatively trivial to summon now. It was apparently a very rare thing before. The Binding Coil questline goes into more detail about what happened with Bahamut.

Rainuwastaken fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 27, 2018

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Safeword posted:

Invade everyone else. Use their massive Fleet to crush opposition, run into dragons. Their flagship explodes and takes with it the majority of their military might.

Desperately summon a meteor to destroy everyone. Everyone proceeds to unite against them before it can drop.

Meteor actually turns out to be a giant egg. Bahamut pops out, causes calamity, is slain by the warriors of light.

Everyone is too busy licking their wounds to finish off the Garlean empire, so they go dark and begin to rebuild.

Is that roughly it?

"egg" is kind of a misnomer, more like "spacebound battery-prison," but that stuff gets elaborated upon a little bit in the coil/crystal tower storylines :goonsay:

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Offtank WAR at 50 does not use a stance. It’s not exciting.

I’m not on the game though, and I think butchers block combo is actually more potency if you’re not getting gauge...

Point being it’s dumb and counterintuitive.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 27, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Safeword posted:

Is that roughly it?

Yes, only

1. The one who summoned a Meteor was going rogue essentially.

2. Bahamut's details are not quite right. There is a Raid later that addresses this.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

At 50 WAR for boss fights you only want to be in Defiance if Unchained is up. This is the same for both main tank and off tank. You'll be hemorrhaging TP but fights are usually short enough for that not to matter.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Alright, thanks guys! A bit sad the giant ship went boom. Would've made an amazing boss or something...

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

It was also just a small fraction of their forces invading rather than their entire military.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Safeword posted:

Alright, thanks guys! A bit sad the giant ship went boom. Would've made an amazing boss or something...

On the plus side it's now a permanent landmark you can see in Mor Dhona, a hulking wreckage dunked right in the center of the lake with the corpse of a dragon god wrapped around it in an everlasting death grip. :black101:

also it's a dungeon