Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Saint Freak posted:

You can use a mouse that comes with most computing devices to click keys.

What the hell ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Wait till I tell you about games where you have to click more than 1 per 3 seconds and the thing you're clicking on moves

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

I use the mouse quite heavily for movement, but that frees up my left hand most of the time for moving about the keyboard.
Sometimes though I use 2 hands on the keyboard.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've been listening to random FF14 tracks on Youtube, and some of these are pretty wild. The Lakshmi one is catchy, as are some of the Alexander ones.

Saint Freak posted:

You can use a mouse that comes with most computing devices to click keys.

I do this for the long cooldowns, but I lack the hand-eye coordination to do it for anything I use frequently.

I actually have a fancy mouse with like 7 buttons on it, but it's so heavy and uncomfortable to move after getting used to this little mouse that I've been using.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I have my keyboard set up to move with left hand and hotbar with right, it's great.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

I have my keyboard set up to move with left hand and hotbar with right, it's great.

How do you use your mouse? Was I actually correct about everyone but me having a third arm?

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I don't use the mouse much, only to change viewing angle and even then I might just use directional keys instead during battle. I have keybinds for target selection and object interaction.

Everyone really should have a keybind for nearest enemy at least.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I finally bothered to do all of my BLM quests and unlocked foul. When should I be using it? On cooldown as long as I don't drop enochian or is there a spot in the rotation I should save it for?

Edit: I just noticed you continue to build to polygot even with foul available.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Aug 31, 2018

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
If I don't missremember, foul is slotted in after blizzard 3 in the standard rotation, since it is unaffected by astral fire. Although, if you are about to overwrite a polygot stack, you should use foul as soon as you can, without dropping astral fire/ umbral ice.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

I use my keyboard (WASD) keys to move and use my mouse to click everything.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Uh, I'm suddenly Dow loading a 26 gig patch. Is that the new patching method settling in?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Did you just buy some expansions?

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Nope, nabbed the full set in a sale a little while ago. Weird.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
They're changing the patch method on PS4, so it's redownloading everything in advance of that. It'll take up less space, corrupt itself less often and auto-update (even when your sub is out), so hey.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

MatteusTheCorrupt posted:

If I don't missremember, foul is slotted in after blizzard 3 in the standard rotation, since it is unaffected by astral fire. Although, if you are about to overwrite a polygot stack, you should use foul as soon as you can, without dropping astral fire/ umbral ice.

I think foul is actually a dps decrease if you're replacing a fire IV cast with it. Based on everything I've seen and read, foul is your third cast in the umbral ice section and is eminently the most droppable cast. (B4 because more fire, T3 because dot)

I'm not good at this game so someone please correct me if this is wrong.]

(NB: this does not apply at all to AOE where you should be fouling on proc all the time so long as you're not dropping eno for it or if there are like 10 dudes and you should just be spamming f2)

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Foul looks pretty cool though so imo it has cast priority behind Flare and Fire 4

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Foul looks pretty cool though so imo it has cast priority behind Flare and Fire 4

thats fair tbh

aesthetic BLM rotation: only cast cool looking cooldowns plus flare/foul/b4

e: it also makes the coolest noise so +1

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
The other important time to cast foul is when you have a proc, and the timer is about to roll over again while some pubbie tank is picking their belly button instead of pulling a boss or whatever.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I had an encounter in Stone Vigil normal the other day that made me laugh. I was tanking and all 3 other people were newbie sprouts, one of them was a first-timer. Run was mostly fine but we wiped on the last boss because the healer got caught by double line-attacks when the boss flies up in the air. No big deal, everybody accidentally stands in the bad from time to time.

The thing that made me laugh was one of the newbie DPS players (not the first timer) said "No doing damage healer, just heals us we need healing. Ive done this dungeon over 50 times no need for healer dps"

Imagine pretending you've done stone vigil over 50 times as a newbie sprout just so you can tell off the healer

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

ChickenWing posted:

I think foul is actually a dps decrease if you're replacing a fire IV cast with it. Based on everything I've seen and read, foul is your third cast in the umbral ice section and is eminently the most droppable cast. (B4 because more fire, T3 because dot)

(NB: this does not apply at all to AOE where you should be fouling on proc all the time so long as you're not dropping eno for it or if there are like 10 dudes and you should just be spamming f2)

This is wrong. Foul is stronger than Fire IV even after the astral fire multiplier. You should never ever let a Foul cast go unused. You’ll generally have enough time to cast it in fire phase after your Fire I and still be able to cast 3 Fire IV if Políglot is about to get overwritten with max spell speed. Otherwise just sacrifice a Fire IV. Any other time, you should be casting it during ice phase.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

ChickenWing posted:

I'm not a BLM player but just looking at potencies F4 is 508 vs Foul 650 so replacing a F4 with Foul is better than losing a proc. I'm also pretty sure that losing unprocced T3 is better than losing a Foul but calculating the exact potency of T3 including proc chance and how much you are clipping your DoT is beyond my math abilities.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I had an encounter in Stone Vigil normal the other day that made me laugh. I was tanking and all 3 other people were newbie sprouts, one of them was a first-timer. Run was mostly fine but we wiped on the last boss because the healer got caught by double line-attacks when the boss flies up in the air. No big deal, everybody accidentally stands in the bad from time to time.

The thing that made me laugh was one of the newbie DPS players (not the first timer) said "No doing damage healer, just heals us we need healing. Ive done this dungeon over 50 times no need for healer dps"

Imagine pretending you've done stone vigil over 50 times as a newbie sprout just so you can tell off the healer

Stone Vigil draws this crap from people. When I was leveling DRK forever ago, I had some sprout Bard go psycho, start screaming his head off in chat, try to votekick me, and finally ragequit when that failed.

What prompted this? I was dropping Grit during boss fights. Wasn’t losing aggro or dying, mind you.

Speaking of DRK, ADMIRE MY DIAMOND SWORD.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
:hmmyes:

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
What I don't get is how people can be both so good at the game that they can recognize what stance a tank is in or what spells a healer is casting (more than I can pay attention to), yet so bad they don't understand the most basic strategy of "more damage is better".

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Ugh, I'm jealous. I want all the tank weapons because I'm not sure what I will be playing next tier but most farm parties can't even make it past 1st Forsaken reliably, let alone clear multiple times.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

WrightOfWay posted:

Ugh, I'm jealous. I want all the tank weapons because I'm not sure what I will be playing next tier but most farm parties can't even make it past 1st Graven reliably, let alone clear multiple times.
ftfy

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Veks posted:

This is wrong. Foul is stronger than Fire IV even after the astral fire multiplier. You should never ever let a Foul cast go unused. You’ll generally have enough time to cast it in fire phase after your Fire I and still be able to cast 3 Fire IV if Políglot is about to get overwritten with max spell speed. Otherwise just sacrifice a Fire IV. Any other time, you should be casting it during ice phase.

Huh I could have sworn I read somewhere that it was haraam and forbidden to cast foul outside of ice phase

WrightOfWay posted:

I'm not a BLM player but just looking at potencies F4 is 508 vs Foul 650 so replacing a F4 with Foul is better than losing a proc. I'm also pretty sure that losing unprocced T3 is better than losing a Foul but calculating the exact potency of T3 including proc chance and how much you are clipping your DoT is beyond my math abilities.

foiled by actual numbers, curses.

Mostly I was going off just looking at damage numbers, it seemed like fire IV was generally doing like 1k more per cast than foul. I may have just been misreading

e: wow I just read https://www.mooglemedia.com/blm-guide/ and I have been doing things wroooooooooooooooooooooong

ChickenWing fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 31, 2018

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

This sword looks like Nightmare's Soul Edge and I suddenly want it very badly.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

SettingSun posted:

This sword looks like Nightmare's Soul Edge and I suddenly want it very badly.

Have you heard the good word of our lord and savior Guilliotine of the Tyrant?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

AngusPodgorny posted:

What I don't get is how people can be both so good at the game that they can recognize what stance a tank is in or what spells a healer is casting (more than I can pay attention to), yet so bad they don't understand the most basic strategy of "more damage is better".

I had a Bard the other day turn and fire a limit break so it hit nothing on the final boss(es) of Stone Vigil Hard and then go sit in a corner of the boss room because I 'was in sword stance so not holding aggro'.

You cannot hold aggro on the boss of Stone Vigil Hard. But even if you could a Paladin is just gonna be at the top of the list in either stance and I was.

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
It's because they're MMO-addled morons with an almost cargo-cult level understanding of how the game is played.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Rainuwastaken posted:

Have you heard the good word of our lord and savior Guilliotine of the Tyrant?

Beautiful. That one though looks like the Soul Edge 2p skin. I'm doing a second Anima for some reason and it's going to be for DRK.

Psychedelic
Jul 31, 2009

Hommando posted:

I finally bothered to do all of my BLM quests and unlocked foul. When should I be using it? On cooldown as long as I don't drop enochian or is there a spot in the rotation I should save it for?

Edit: I just noticed you continue to build to polygot even with foul available.

you never want to overwrite foul over itself, and try not to cast it while in astral fire....when you are done spamming F4 drop a blizzard 3 then foul then shapcast and refresh thunder if needed and blizzard 4 then back to fire 3 and F4 F4 F4 F4

pew pew pew

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

WrightOfWay posted:

Ugh, I'm jealous. I want all the tank weapons because I'm not sure what I will be playing next tier but most farm parties can't even make it past 1st Forsaken reliably, let alone clear multiple times.

You just need to do the next tier sooner, all of the best statics finished farming months ago so now you're left with a whole bunch of people who just aren't good enough to clear the fight slamming against it over and over hoping to get carried. You might occasionally get lucky with a good static that got a late start to the tier needing a sub or something, but it is going to be slim pickin's

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Your best bet at this stage in the tier is to just do HoH for 265 weapons and then get in on the next tier train early.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Just one more card and I can quit Pagos with my sanity intact. :shepicide:

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Pagos with my sanity intact. :shepicide:

???????????????????????????????

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vermain posted:

Your best bet at this stage in the tier is to just do HoH for 265 weapons and then get in on the next tier train early.

Tsukiyomi seems much faster than HoH for that.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Anniversary broadcast is live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

I want the shirt yoship is wearing

4.4 Sept 18th, a week later than I would have guessed.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 1, 2018