Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

System Metternich posted:

Just realised that the results of my local Kreistagswahl have the SPD as "Sonstige", lol

We shouldn't ignore this sign of hope during times of crisis. 2020 can still turn out amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Drone posted:

Anyone here ever done the whole order-groceries-online thing? Thinking about giving that a try instead of going out and braving throngs of inevitably-already-infected idiots competing for toilet paper and Linsen.

Wonder how the delivery times are.

Been doing that occasionally and delivery times were fine but fresh produce has been iffy, several times I had pretty banged up apples, moldy tomatoes etc.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Zwille posted:

^^^^lol

no, wait til 11ish AM so the crowds can thin out a little. queueing up is probably pretty kontraproduktive with how people will be packed and running for the shelves

that said, my REWE didn't have any potatoes or pasta or bread today. people totally missed the bio basmati rice and left the wildreis and the gluten free lasagna plates and egg pasta lol. every other kind of pasta/rice was pretty much gone though.

If you are really hard up for Nudeln, go to a discounter like Netto and buy the expensive brands. Nobody touches those.

This was about an hour ago:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
our super market had everything. stocked up on food and other goods and now i’m going to drink wine because i have the day off.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Spaghetti sold out at the local supermarket, other types of pasta... available? I don't know, are people religious about the type of pasta? or my guess is they've never used "those others", so not going to now.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
The local Famila at work was out of everything Nudel- or Toilette-paper related. The Lidl next to it was out of milk, too. It was also a bitch to get new soap.

Kind of spooky, how fast people lose their mind, if you ask me.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
go to your local italian supermarket. buy fresh eggs and tipo 0 or tipo 00 flour. one egg per 100g flour. congratulations, you now have super tasty fresh pasta.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
smh at adults drinking milk

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
All YumYum flavors were sold out at Kaufland, except for the ones Germans don't like. So no Rind and Huhn, just Shrimp and Curry.

Figures.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I had a remote interview in place of a personal meeting today. It’s a job in the online travel industry, so I’m not holding my breath, though with Germany’s inertia so far maaaaaybe I’ll just squeak by and get a job offer before everything goes to poo poo.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Mandatory working from home starting the exact day I predicted it. Let this be a lesson to all who dare doubt the Randlervision.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
And here comes the full lockdown of all not n essential shops and facilities

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Not here yet. Our boss cancelled his birthday Grilltag tomorrow, which makes all of us sad, but no homeworking so far. Would also not really be possible for most of us, we are a manufacturer and we can't very well transport our tools and machines to everyone's homes and let them assemble our products in their living rooms, as funny as that would be. :v:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Still no home office for me :ohdear:

Cantinas are closed now though. Have fun with a few thousand hangry workers, Geschäftsleitung.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
First home office day - at least our cats love it because there's always someone home for cuddling. Me not so much. I like my colleagues, the non-distracting atmosphere and the Pommes in the cantina. 1,10€ für so viele wie man auf einen Teller kriegt, ey!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

EU to close all its exterior borders :regd08:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

There is an old native American saying that goes something like this: Erst wenn das letzte Schulgebäude zusammengestürzt ist und der letzte Zug weggerosten ist, werdet ihr begreifen dass man in der schwarzen Null nicht lernen und nicht mit ihr fahren kann. I often think about these wise and prophetic words.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Who the gently caress thought that having the monitor outs on different sides of this piece of poo poo laptop was a good idea. Working from home already sucks.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

Who the gently caress thought that having the monitor outs on different sides of this piece of poo poo laptop was a good idea. Working from home already sucks.

My private ~gameing/posting~ monitor absolutely refuses to work with my work laptop. I know the adapter works and I know the monitor works :iiam: Might try again tomorrow on taxpayer time

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

My private ~gameing/posting~ monitor absolutely refuses to work with my work laptop. I know the adapter works and I know the monitor works :iiam: Might try again tomorrow on taxpayer time

What about your other gaming monitor?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

What about your other gaming monitor?

idgi

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

loving one screen casual. :smuggo:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Clearly, not an Eve player. :smuggo:

(I don't think I can ever go back to less than three monitors)

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
One 32:9 screen is where it is at, you plebes. Seamless goodness. :smuggo:

Joke's on me, as it blocks my whole desk there is no place for a third monitor for my work laptop.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Randler posted:

loving one screen casual. :smuggo:

This is one of the perks of home office: I can switch from 24" to 32" + 27".

To add to the list of First World Problems:
I hate that my 9560 has the power outlet and USB-C port on the left, but the Carbon X1 from work has the HDMI on the right, so my cable management gets messed up.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Well, I certainly feel a bit more normal now

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

Well, I certainly feel a bit more normal now

lol no kidding

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
If being normal means not having a happy pig, illuminated by LEDs, on my keyboard, I don't want to be normal. :colbert:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Guess who thought „hey this is an excellent time to finish building that Billyregal Aufsatz I’ve bought a couple weeks ago“ only to find out upon opening that it’s the wrong size

:ok:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Zwille posted:

Guess who thought „hey this is an excellent time to finish building that Billyregal Aufsatz I’ve bought a couple weeks ago“ only to find out upon opening that it’s the wrong size

:ok:

lmao, you poor soul

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Züge sind angenehm leer.

Keine Messebesucher und kaum andere Pendler.

Ich kann bestimmt einen überzähligen Monitor für dich in die S6 stellen, Smirr. :v:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

System Metternich posted:

lmao, you poor soul
WELL GUESS WHO CLOSED THEIR STORES TODAY

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

Züge sind angenehm leer.

Keine Messebesucher und kaum andere Pendler.

Ich kann bestimmt einen überzähligen Monitor für dich in die S6 stellen, Smirr. :v:

Thanks for the offer, but thatsbait.gif

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
unsere Kunden sind von der Krise nicht betroffen und konsumieren weiter + wir sind altmodisch und knauserig = niemand macht homeoffice und ich maloche einfach so durch

immerhin Parkplätze wirds ausreichend geben :/

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Day 1: all work and instructions are uploaded to the electronic learning environment. students will now diligently start working. we just have to wait.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
I wonder how many people in their probezeit are going to get fired due to the lockdown and market impacts of corona.. the agentur für arbeit is also saying people should only come in for essential services, and don't even call unless it's critical (phone lines are basically hammered/down). So even if you are eligible for ALG I, it.. could be nasty

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Welp, that's it. My company prepares for Kurzarbeit to minimize the chance of a Stray-Coronafall taking down the entire company.

If our Antrag gets bewilligt, for the next three months we'll work in teams. Every two weeks, one team goes home and one team comes to work.

Now let's see how fast Corona can spread to make our Notfallmassnahmen obsolete! :shepface:

The Normaltimes for us are officially over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

My boss just asked IT to give the entire department a CAG-Zugang so we can work from home, I wonder if I'll actually have to go back to the office after my current Wochenurlaub