Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Welp, Mutti‘s shopping spree looks very prescient now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Literally insider trading :v:

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Zwille posted:

With only two rolls of tp?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Zwille posted:

Wieso, genau? Alle haben mit einer bundesweiten Ausgangssperre gerechnet und die Ankündigung war doch irgenwie nur eine Verschärfung des Appells an die Vernunft, zusammen mit einer neuen "Erinnerung" an soziale Distanz etc., oder nicht?

None of the new information is based on a Rechtsgrundlage like the Infektionsschutzgesetz, though, right?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

You shouldn't need more than two rolls per person to get through the crisis(2-3months) I dunno what ya'll are doing with all that toilet paper

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Mutti muss in Quarantäne, ihr Arzt ist positiv getestet.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Merkel ist jetzt in häuslicher Quarantäne, das ist vielleicht eher das worauf Zwille anspielt.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Combat Theory posted:

Mutti muss in Quarantäne, ihr Arzt ist positiv getestet.

Oh...

:rip:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, so riddle me this, since I just got done with Mutti's speech:

She's essentially reading off the exact same restrictions that are currently in effect under the Ausgangssperre in Bayern, without specifically specifically mentioning an Ausgangssperre.

"Dies sind nicht einfach irgendwelche Empfehlungen des Staates, es sind Regeln."

Sooo...from a legal standpoint, is this just a really menacing wave of the finger while not actually invoking the Rechtsgrundlage of an Ausgangssperre?
And if so, how is that even enforcible by the Ordnungskräfte that Mutti reminds us will look closely at the Einhaltung der Regeln?

/edit:
Oh snap, is this the political manövrierung around agreeing with Söder declaring martial law in Bayern, while not actually declaring super-serious martial law cross-country?
Still, :lol: @ the still open Rechtsgrundlage

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 22, 2020

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

"Dies sind nicht einfach irgendwelche Empfehlungen des Staates, es sind Regeln."

Sooo...from a legal standpoint, is this just a really menacing wave of the finger while not actually invoking the Rechtsgrundlage of an Ausgangssperre?
And if so, how is that even enforcible by the Ordnungskräfte that Mutti reminds us will look closely at the Einhaltung der Regeln?

Really menacing wave of the finger.

The actual legal implementation of what was politicially agreed today will come later (although technically this evening could already be later), and will need to be channeld through the Länder-level state apparatus.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Randler posted:

Really menacing wave of the finger.

The actual legal implementation of what was politicially agreed today will come later (although technically this evening could already be later), and will need to be channeld through the Länder-level state apparatus.

Man, it looks like that time I studied for Ö-Recht and supplied my learning materials to other students via our Hochschulgruppe paid off.

And by "paid off", I mean "the majority passed with flying loving colors, while I barely got a 3.0, because I decided to go with a ballsy-interpretation on the individual Prüfungsfälle".

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
This crisis has blessed me with the amazing opportunity to explain states rights to yanks.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

there's a common expression in medicine, "the dose makes the poison". the beneficial/desirable effect comes at a substantially lower dose than any toxic effects you observe with caffeine. that's why it's generally not considered a neurotoxin. things that are classified as toxins generally only have harmful effects on the human body without any therapeutic effects.

there's something called the therapeutic index, which is a ratio of the dose at which 50% of people will die to the dose at which 50% of people get the beneficial effect. caffeine has a very high therapeutic index. so it's not considered a toxin.

edit: mixed up my numerator and demoninator, whoopsie!

This actually goes back at least to famous scientist-wizard Paracelsus. :eng101:

„Alle Dinge sind Gift, und nichts ist ohne Gift; allein die dosis machts, daß ein Ding kein Gift sei.“

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/austinbarnard45/status/1238882998008926208

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Week 2 of quarantine: I have sent one work-related mail before 9 AM and then went back to bed. Everyone outside looks harried as gently caress. By the looks of it, Rewe currently has toilet paper in stock, but I will continue to do my scavenging runs after dark. My beer spreadsheet now has a column that warns me if I'm set to run out on a Sunday. I can probably do this indefinitely UNLESS a) Rewe runs out of beer (Kölsch, actually :twisted:), b) society collapses, the probability of which I'm putting at Söder*Laschet²%

e: hm I guess I could also die of COVID-19 as option c)

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I have to log what I am doing in 15 minute intervalls, so you "WFH means staying in bed" fatcats will be up against the wall together with the plague cultists. :colbert:

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
The company where I will start next week apparently still has everybody in their office building, because home office is just so complicated for a company of computer touchers :rolleyes:

Well, they will let me know in short order, they MIGHT have a remote onboarding prepared to get all the new people on track next week. :D

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Smirr posted:

My beer spreadsheet now has a column that warns me if I'm set to run out on a Sunday. I can probably do this indefinitely UNLESS a) Rewe runs out of beer (Kölsch, actually :twisted:)

There's always Flaschenpost.de

God I wish they would open up a branch in my town :(

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Randler posted:

I have to log what I am doing in 15 minute intervalls, so you "WFH means staying in bed" fatcats will be up against the wall together with the plague cultists. :colbert:

Whoa, that's cruel. Shows a lot of trust and confidence from your employer. Maybe you should put them against the wall first?

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Mar 23, 2020

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My job has me working from home and I'm desperately stretching what few tasks I can actually do from here to last me the whole week, and then I'm going on holiday for the first time in 3/4 of a year. Not actually anywhere but my own apartment it turns out, but by god I'm going on holiday. I'll waste away in front of Red Dead Redemption 2 for the entire 2 weeks if that's what it takes.

The supermarket has cordoned off the area around the carts. They hand you one when you go in and collect it when you leave, disinfecting the handles continually. It's mandatory to take one because they're only allowed to let 150 people in at a time, and this is how they count.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

went fuckig shopping

people went all up in each other's grill, an old gently caress was coughing at the fresh bread, and out of 100 people in the market i was the only one with a mask

gently caress you germany

(or maybe gently caress you mönchengladbach specifically)

((at least my mask was n95 and i know how to put them on))

also lol, super market staff wasn't doing poo poo, only had those new plastic shields around their seat

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
week 2 of working from home has started, let's see how late I can push the alarm this week. last week was 9:30, this week I'm going for 10:00. so far so good.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

oliwan posted:

week 2 of working from home has started, let's see how late I can push the alarm this week. last week was 9:30, this week I'm going for 10:00. so far so good.

lol
Heading straight for 11:30 over here. Takes away chances of getting much needed toilet paper, but feels incredibly good.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Tarquinn posted:

Whoa, that's cruel. Shows a lot of trust and confidence from your employer. Maybe you should put them against the wall first?

I also have to do that under normal operations because as a tax advisory we invoice clients based on chargeable hours incurred, but that only makes our crimes greater.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

Lmao, what is the high frequency logging supposed to achieve? If you start jerking off they can intervene inside a 15 min window instead of an hour?

e: ^^^^^^^ mystery solved I guess

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

nur mal so aus neugier, sehr ihr goons zumindest andernorts leute die zumindest masken zur eindämmung der eigenen ausstösse tragen oder ist ganz deutschland vollkommen von verachtenswerten und idiotischen fremdmördern bevölkert?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Abgesehen von den chinesischen Studenten und Studentinnen hab ich noch niemanden gesehen. Die aber zu einem rapide ansteigenden Anteil über die Tage.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Ich habe bisher dreimal Masken gesehen. Alle an Asiaten.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Deutschland den Asiaten, Deutsche haben es nicht verdient.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Outside of picking my husband up from the airport three weeks ago, I haven't seen a single mask out in public.

I just realized I've only spent like... 60 minutes total out of the past week and a half outside my apartment. Feels... good? Sortakinda?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mithaldu posted:

Deutschland den Asiaten, Deutsche haben es nicht verdient.

I think you are the only one wearing a mask in this thread op

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

Mithaldu posted:

nur mal so aus neugier, sehr ihr goons zumindest andernorts leute die zumindest masken zur eindämmung der eigenen ausstösse tragen oder ist ganz deutschland vollkommen von verachtenswerten und idiotischen fremdmördern bevölkert?

heute morgen in der fußgängerzone & am hbf habe ich unzählige gesehen, in der ubahn scheinen aber die meisten auf die „schal vor den mund“-technik zu setzen. bin mir nicht sicher, ob das viel bringt.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
The point of using the masks is protecting others in case you suspect you are infected, right? In that case one could default to not using it, if you are feeling healthy. At least that's my understanding.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I have the basement full of FFP3 masks (several hundred at least) because dad is a Karosseriebauer mit lange Fingers.

I have been wearing one in public for 2 weeks and I am currently arguing to go the extra mile and run around in a ABC-Maske when I go to the supermarket because people still haven't grasped that it's cool and good to cover your filthy orifices when you are out in public during pandemic times.

I have seen many people in Hamburg with masks this weekend and a few going as far as to take out Sturmhauben and gloves, which I appreciate.

I guess being the Corona Capital does help with getting people in line.

Also lol at the old ones still acting all "wir sind ja nich krank, näch"

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

These Einmalmasken you know from doctors are only useful if you are infected yourself, it does not protect you from infection from others. The full blown masks you can buy for like 20€ protect against all kinds in theory, given appropriate handling and general hygiene.
However, it is noted that the private citizen that is just doing his own stuff shouldn't wear masks so we can reserve those for people in any and all kind of patient care, as the supply lasts for them but not to arm every single person in Germany.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Again, perfect discipline displayed by the people waiting in line in front of my local Rewe. Half the shoppers wore gloves, a sizeable minority even face masks and everybody kept his distance. They have designated waiting spaces in front of the cashier, masks and gloves.The old geezers in my housing unit reacted very positively to my offer to go shopping for them, so they seem to be perfectly aware of the risk. It is, btw, not a boomer remover, as German Boomers are now mainly 55-65 years old. It's the Kriegskinder or Traditionals that are mainly at risk, not that it changes anything from a moral pov.

I still have 11 Tage Resturlaub from the golden year 2019 which I should antreten by 03/31, apparently my Antrag auf betriebsbedingte Fristverlängerung got lost in a pile of other stuff when Pandora's Box opened. I'm glad I'm not working in a sector that will have to cut losses and go into Kurzarbeit. This sucks, but my impression is, that most people (at least those visible to me) are now getting around the idea that these are extraordinary times and indeed the worst crisis of the FRG (and Europe) since its foundation. I am moderately convinced that the governments and parliaments are working together in this, even though there'll be Reibungsverluste due to this being a "Jahrhundertereignis" with no routine to draw upon.

But, as always, the individual is responsible for his/her behaviour. Living in a liberal democracy means you are able to do "the right thing" without being commanded to. Unless you're a stunted authoritarian personality and need some kind of chain of command to fill the vacuum where your personal agency should be.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Goons Are Great posted:

These Einmalmasken you know from doctors are only useful if you are infected yourself, it does not protect you from infection from others. The full blown masks you can buy for like 20€ protect against all kinds in theory, given appropriate handling and general hygiene.
However, it is noted that the private citizen that is just doing his own stuff shouldn't wear masks so we can reserve those for people in any and all kind of patient care, as the supply lasts for them but not to arm every single person in Germany.

Yes, this is my understanding as well, and also what the WHO is saying.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Not at all an edit, the WDR has an article about masks quoting the RKI and the WHO:
https://www1.wdr.de/nachrichten/coronavirus-atemschutzmasken-tipps-100.html

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Aix posted:

heute morgen in der fußgängerzone & am hbf habe ich unzählige gesehen, in der ubahn scheinen aber die meisten auf die „schal vor den mund“-technik zu setzen. bin mir nicht sicher, ob das viel bringt.
You might be interested in this short video: https://vimeo.com/399120258

Combat Theory posted:

I have seen many people in Hamburg with masks this weekend and a few going as far as to take out Sturmhauben and gloves, which I appreciate.
Nah that's just regular Schanzenviertel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

The point of using the masks is protecting others in case you suspect you are infected, right? In that case one could default to not using it, if you are feeling healthy. At least that's my understanding.
Yes, you wear masks, shawls, whatever to protect others.

Wrong, you wear it even without symptoms because COVID-19 can incubate without symptoms in you for up to 14 days.

Goons Are Great posted:

Not at all an edit, the WDR has an article about masks quoting the RKI and the WHO:
https://www1.wdr.de/nachrichten/coronavirus-atemschutzmasken-tipps-100.html
They only say that, because, as the text itself indicates, they consider basically everyone to be blithering, hoarding, over-confident idiots.

Meanwhile hong kong has through near-universal use of single- and multi-use masks not only put a huge damper on any COVID-19 spread despite being literally in china, but also completely cratered any incidence of other infectious diseases.

Meanwhile this is cool and good:

Und ja, selbst Schal bringt was. Alles was die vom Mund ausgehenden Tröpfchen zumindest verringert hilft.

Das ist hier keine Binär-An-Aus-Sache, es ist ein Chancen-Spiel und wir müssen alle Chancen nutzen damit unser 80 Millionen Leute Land nicht bald China mit seinen 1300 Millionen Leuten in der Infizierten-Zahl überholt.