Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Welp, now I'm at home too. Had to call the doctor today because of a sore throat. Got immediately called in and presented with a week of self-isolation. Apparently doctors here are now supposed to blanket-quarantine everyone with at least an itchy throat for 7 days, to make sure it's nothing worse.

The lovely thing is, now I'm sitting at home fretting because one of my colleagues has asthma, which puts him into a Risikogruppe. Already called at work to order my other colleagues to sanitize my desk and keep my asthmatic colleague the hell away from everything I touched, just to be sure.

I'm 90% sure I'm perfectly fine, but in these times, who the gently caress knows? So I'm now sitting at home, worrying over nothing and still feeling bad. :sigh:

Edit:

Though there is a silver lining: Now I don't have to force myself through Bahn and U-Bahn two times a day. Recently I felt like a slasher movie victim whenever I had to go to work. Hopefully this means next week I'm less stressed out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Libluini posted:

Hopefully this means next week I'm less stressed out!

ok, you gotta be strong for this, but this wont be over in a week unless you also ignore literally all media

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Goa Tse-tung posted:

ok, you gotta be strong for this, but this wont be over in a week unless you also ignore literally all media

I said less stressed out, not magically, all problems everywhere are solved

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
War heute auf meinem ersten Einkaufsbummel seit der "Ausgangssperre". Es was alles deutlich voller als früher in Bayern nach dem Wochenendlichen Bürgersteighochklappen.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

What kills me (lol Corona will do it, but bear with me) is that i can’t even sleep in like some of you fuckers because the baby will inevitably wake me at 7 sharp. This also means that I only get to play bideogames for like one hour ever day because I’m tired all the time

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
@Duzzy Funlop:

Du wolltest doch mal einmal die Umsetzung von Corona-Maßnahmen mit ausdrücklichem Bezug auf eine Rechtsgrundlage sehen, oder?

Verordnung zum Schutz vor Neuinfizierungen mit dem Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (CoronaSchVO), Nordrhein Westfalen

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

My vorbestellte Chilis from Chilishop24 arrived today :neckbeard: Was able to go to the Baumarkt nearby (who gave me a number at the entrance since they were only allowing 30 people in at a time) and get some Erde too, so I'm all set.

In the impending apocalypse, I'll at least have... a few balcony-grown habañeros, Piri-Piris, and lemon drops.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Drone posted:

habañeros

:catstare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvnXI-86b6Q&t=65s

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Wengy posted:

What kills me (lol Corona will do it, but bear with me) is that i can’t even sleep in like some of you fuckers because the baby will inevitably wake me at 7 sharp. This also means that I only get to play bideogames for like one hour ever day because I’m tired all the time

I feel you. My kid will wake us at 6 or 6:30. No video game playing for me as well. Can’t get drunk either ( or rather shouldn’t). At least I got someone to cuddle.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
My local REWE now has a Beschränkung of ten people or so simultaneously and when i got in there was some dumb 40yo broad standing in the middle of at the Brotregal doing a video call with her family about which bread to buy so I just grabbed a package of Toast and she screamed at me ABSTAND HALTEN and it was lulzy as well but told her that sowas bleds ghört mit der scheißbürschtn nauskehrt and she made a face also toilet paper and non vollkorn nudeln still completely gone

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Drone posted:

My vorbestellte Chilis from Chilishop24 arrived today :neckbeard: Was able to go to the Baumarkt nearby (who gave me a number at the entrance since they were only allowing 30 people in at a time) and get some Erde too, so I'm all set.

In the impending apocalypse, I'll at least have... a few balcony-grown habañeros, Piri-Piris, and lemon drops.

I planted 16 chilis a month ago, can't wait

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
looks like the various drug delivery services in Berlin are having trouble because there's too much police on the street... now the real test begins

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I heard Ordnungsamt is politely ignoring the drug dealers in Hasenheide as long as they’re wearing face masks lol

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Sounds like something a cop would say :thunk:

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
What's up with this dude? Just had a friend post this. Is he some sort of Corona-is-just-the-flu-truther?

https://www.rubikon.news/artikel/der-corona-rebell

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Please also bring all the Gras to the nearest police station so we can check it for Corona

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Good news, the "sacrifice your lives to Mammon, peasants" discourse has made it here: https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik...f/25678388.html

quote:

Noch tragen 95 Prozent der Bürger die Corona-Einschränkungen mit. Aber der Preis der Maßnahmen wird hoch sein. Ökonomen stellen eine hochbrisante Frage.

quote:

Doch die 156 Milliarden Euro an Rekordneuverschuldung könnten nicht reichen, im privaten wie im gesellschaftlichen Leben drohen Spannungen – und der Preis der folgenden Rezession könnte ein höherer sein als der der medizinischen Coronakrise.

This ^ is the journalist himself writing this, btw

quote:

Thomas Straubhaar hat in seinem Arbeitsleben noch nie so viel Prügel bezogen wie derzeit. Der an der Universität Hamburg lehrende Ökonom hatte es gewagt, die angebliche Alternativlosigkeit der Maßnahmen infrage zu stellen. Er schlägt einen Perspektivenwechsel vor, der aber die Zahl der Corona-Infektionen und auch der Todesfälle steigen lassen könnte.

Er fordert, die Bürger nicht durch Isolation zu schützen, sondern Alternativen zu prüfen, bei denen primär die älteren Hochrisikogruppen geschützt werden, deren Leben durch das Coronavirus akut bedroht wird.

quote:

Schätzungen gehen von mindestens 25 bis 30 Milliarden Euro Kosten für jede Woche des Stillstands in Deutschland aus. Der Finanzmanager Alexander Dibelius wirft im „Handelsblatt“-Interview eine Frage auf, die an die Grenzen der Ethik geht: „Ist es richtig, dass zehn Prozent der – wirklich bedrohten – Bevölkerung geschont, 90 Prozent samt der gesamten Volkswirtschaft aber extrem behindert werden – mit der unter Umständen dramatischen Konsequenz, dass die Basis unseres allgemeinen Wohlstands massiv und nachhaltig erodiert?

I hate it when the DAX is sad and I get less wealthy as a result. I mean, 10% of the population? Psh

quote:

Straubhaar sagt, es gehe nicht darum, Ältere in Kasernen einzusperren. Sondern darum, dass sich hochgefährdete Personen zu Hause oder in Alters- und Pflegeheimen aufhalten. Außerdem solle der Kontakt eingeschränkt bleiben.

quote:

Die Alternative wäre für Straubhaar also, eine Virusausbreitung in Kauf zu nehmen, hoffend auf eine rasche Teilimmunisierung der Bevölkerung.

It's not just economists and financial managers though:

quote:

Niedersachsens Ministerpräsident Stephan Weil (SPD) braucht sich nur die Zahlen bei den großen Arbeitgebern in seinem Bundesland, dem Touristikkonzern Tui und dem Autobauer VW anschauen. Er fordert, langsam über das Lösen der Bremse nachzudenken.

quote:

Der FDP-Haushaltsexperte Otto Fricke mahnt: „Wir müssen dafür sorgen, dass wir so viele Menschen wie möglich sichern.“ Klar, Menschenleben dürften niemals gegeneinander aufgerechnet werden. Es gebe noch genug „Pulver“, um gegenzusteuern, aber auch Fricke pocht auf eine baldige Exitstrategie.

:killing:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Greatest Living Man posted:

What's up with this dude? Just had a friend post this. Is he some sort of Corona-is-just-the-flu-truther?

https://www.rubikon.news/artikel/der-corona-rebell

OK, I just made it past the first sentence and my eyes just rolled out of my head. This guy is made from bollocks. I'd suggest calling the police on him because whatever this guy is saying is seriously hurting people.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I'm not classist, but

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Oh and also
https://twitter.com/PolizeiMannheim/status/1242461823431032832

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Economist: Number must go up. Number WILL go up.

Me: Uh, money number or death number?

Economist, sipping on adrenochrome: Yes

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Chairman Yang: It is every citizen's final duty to go into the stonks, and become one with all the people.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

My oxygen saturation began to drop, but I felt the reassuring tingle of Number crackling to life around me, encasing the entire ICU in its impenetrable glow.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Smirr posted:

Chairman Yang: It is every citizen's final duty to go into the stonks, and become one with all the people.

:golfclap:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Smirr posted:

lmao

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Smirr posted:

Danke jetzt hab ich Bier auf dem Bildschirm

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

bronin posted:

I feel you. My kid will wake us at 6 or 6:30. No video game playing for me as well. Can’t get drunk either ( or rather shouldn’t). At least I got someone to cuddle.

High five. Been chipping away at Disco Elysium for like three months now.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Only Warmduscher parents itt. Imagine how it is with two Kleinkinder (I cannot complain too much though, they are really easygoing)

Edit: no videogames at all, my xcom campaign has been untouched for 2 weeks now

AndreTheGiantBoned fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 26, 2020

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Me and my better half decided against having children.

Feels really good atm. :marc:

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
I’m at home this week and I actually played 2 or 3 hours of Battlefield 5 this week. Thank god for Mittagsschlaf.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

bronin posted:

I’m at home this week and I actually played 2 or 3 hours of Battlefield 5 this week. Thank god for Mittagsschlaf.

Goondolences on your bad gaming choices.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Rubrik: es war ja eigentlich klar

ich kann meinen Urlaub nicht umplanen (und alle Kollegen auch nicht), d.h. ich maloche damit ich nach Ostern eine Woche zu Hause mich isolieren kann und dann wieder zurück in die Bresche...

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Rubrik: es war ja eigentlich klar

ich kann meinen Urlaub nicht umplanen (und alle Kollegen auch nicht), d.h. ich maloche damit ich nach Ostern eine Woche zu Hause mich isolieren kann und dann wieder zurück in die Bresche...

Congrats on your Stellaris marathon.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tarquinn posted:

Me and my better half decided against having children.

Feels really good atm. :marc:

big same!!!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I started getting black rings under the eyes :wtc: Is this psychosomatic? I feel like I'm crack pinging here. How do you know when you've gone insane?

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

GABA ghoul posted:

I started getting black rings under the eyes :wtc: Is this psychosomatic? I feel like I'm crack pinging here. How do you know when you've gone insane?

Go for a walk and get some sun.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Kids own; they just make u kind of tired

Edit: but def going for an Einzelkind here

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Hoping to resume my Disco Elysium and Doom Eternal duties tonight, after this, my Papatag

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Honj Steak posted:

Go for a walk and get some sun.

I can't, I'm pretending to be at work lol.

I'm going running every day now but it doesn't seem to help much. (Or maybe it's what's keeping me from starting hearing voices)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

GABA ghoul posted:

How do you know when you've gone insane?

youve been posting on here for 8+ years already, i mean