Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

GABA ghoul posted:

I started getting black rings under the eyes :wtc: Is this psychosomatic? I feel like I'm crack pinging here. How do you know when you've gone insane?

The definition of insanity, as you know, is posting in the same thread over and over and expecting different results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

System Metternich posted:

youve been posting on here for 8+ years already, i mean

I resent the implication. I was perfectly sane before this crisis started. I even have a certificate to prove it

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/mithaldu/status/1243203115450535938

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

I don’t have masks :(

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Maybe Mithaldu can sell you some

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Honj Steak posted:

Worse, people might be infectious 2-3 days before they show symptoms too.

No matter, all the poo poo people wear is like catching mosquitos with a fishing net. Sicherheitstheater for a false safety, based on misunderstanding a study result. Keep the distance, wash your hands, far more useful.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Rubrik: es war ja eigentlich klar

ich kann meinen Urlaub nicht umplanen (und alle Kollegen auch nicht), d.h. ich maloche damit ich nach Ostern eine Woche zu Hause mich isolieren kann und dann wieder zurück in die Bresche...

I've tallied up that with my Zwangsurlaub this week, my regular Urlaub in April and the Kurzarbeit-Zwangspause I have to do in May, I will have been self-isolated for a full 5 weeks by then. In the same time span, I'll have worked 4 days and 2 weeks.

Hopefully I can keep myself busy, long time with no Human contact tends to make me progressively more morbid and depressed. :sigh:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Honj Steak posted:

Make them yourselves.

Decius posted:

No matter, all the poo poo people wear is like catching mosquitos with a fishing net. Sicherheitstheater for a false safety, based on misunderstanding a study result.
Show the study that's being misunderstood and qualify your claim. Given that you are currently disagreeing with extremely basic physics and haven't even qualified if you're talking about protection for wearer or from wearer, it's highly likely you're spreading misinformation.

Decius posted:

Keep the distance, wash your hands, far more useful.
Depending on the circumstances, more useful and important, yes. In a very wide range of basic everyday situations, vastly undercut in effectiveness by a lack of mask wearing.

true.spoon
Jun 7, 2012
Had to do an online training course on Corona today. It advised explicitly against buying masks if you don't have any symptoms because of limited supplies.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

true.spoon posted:

advised explicitly against buying masks

Mithaldu posted:

Make them yourselves.

Even a loving scarf helps.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mithaldu's mask factory struggling?

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Mithaldu posted:

Even a loving scarf helps.

A vacuum cleaner bag is preferrable, though. :eng101:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Germany really doing their best to pull another "Greece", very nice (not!)

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Einbauschrank posted:

Just wear a whole vacuum cleaner on your back. :awesomelon:

oliwan posted:

good god, when you need to be a worthless poo poo, at least be funny, instead of throwing out "owns" that are on the level of the people who you look after in your day job

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Einbauschrank posted:

Once again, all those that bought dysons are exposed as the clowns they are.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

oliwan posted:

In a time where a pandemic that you "love because of huge market losses" is fixing to kill hundreds of thousands, affect millions, and destroy the livelihoods of even many more millions, one would think you'd reconsider your dumb unfunny "dunking on posters" schtick, op

But hey, that's not you, is it? Gotta keep up that privileged edgeposting and dunking, lol @ people suffering/dying/losing their existence all over the world because ~sick dunks~, right?
Mmmh, yeah, gotta dunk on that poster that is advocating covering your face to protect others, yeeah, maybe pretend he's hoarding masks, no wait, that he's profiting from masks and only promoting them for personal game, poo poo yeah, that's gonna be hilarious, mmmh, gotta make sure to respond to everyone that calls my dumb poo poo out as having a meltdown lol, oh, and probably use "op" some more, yeeeah, that'll put the edge on it.

:lol:

I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
He's living in Berlin, that's punishment enough

Whenever Oliwan posts dumb poo poo, I just remind myself that he is living in Berlin and go "Ah, yeah. That poor bastard. That explains everything."

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
[Insert Ach_Berlin.txt here]

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
As much as we love to poo poo on each other's hometowns, places of residence, regions, or accents, let's have a real moment and not throw all of the actually good people, and great places in Berlin under the bus just because of Oliwan.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Switzerland not managing to flatten the curve at all. At this point I’m no longer just worried about my dad (over 70, multiple sclerosis), I’m actually wondering when I might see him again, because he’ll have to remain in isolation until this poo poo is firmly under control and that’ll take a long time yet.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Wengy posted:

Switzerland not managing to flatten the curve at all. At this point I’m no longer just worried about my dad (over 70, multiple sclerosis), I’m actually wondering when I might see him again, because he’ll have to remain in isolation until this poo poo is firmly under control and that’ll take a long time yet.
Seems like numerically Switzerland is somewhat flattening the curve. How do things look like on the ground?

:3:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

Seems like numerically Switzerland is somewhat flattening the curve. How do things look like on the ground?

:3:

Switzerland had the worldwide largest per-capita number of new cases today, so :/

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

Switzerland had the worldwide largest per-capita number of new cases today, so :/

Looks like Covid-19 (Io! Io Covid-19!) really is a disease that primarily targets the affluet.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

true.spoon posted:

Had to do an online training course on Corona today. It advised explicitly against buying masks if you don't have any symptoms because of limited supplies.

This is a good reason.

"Masks don't work anyway" isn't.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The Chefredakteur of the Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger weighs in on this bitch https://www.ksta.de/koeln/coronavirus-in-koeln-wir-haben-nicht-alle-zeit-der-welt-36474254

quote:

Wenn ich mir vorzustellen versuche, wie die Wirtschaft den „Lockdown“ über einen langen Zeitraum aushalten soll, dann merke ich: Das ist unvorstellbar.

Nicht, weil mir die Fantasie oder der volkswirtschaftliche Verstand fehlten, sondern weil – im Gegenteil – jedem auch nur halbwegs Informierten klar sein sollte, dass der gegenwärtige Stillstand bald ein Ende haben muss, wenn es kein schreckliches Ende nehmen soll. Denn „die Wirtschaft“ ist ja nicht eine abstrakte Größe oder ein anonymer Moloch, sondern die Existenzgrundlage von uns allen.

:flag: :flag: :flag: Begging the question (in the pedant sense) - 15 yards penalty

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

To be fair, we’re doing a shitload of testing. That has to drive the numbers up, no? Anyway, this is the most accurate tracker for Switzerland and it’s not looking great: https://www.corona-data.ch

People are mostly sticking to the government‘s directives and showing a heartwarming amount of solidarity here. I’m low key enjoying all my favorite restaurants transforming themselves into delivery services, perfect for my antisocial rear end. Also, I quite like Tele-teaching using Zoom.

It did take quite a bit of convincing to get my boomer parents to understand the severity of this crisis, what is it with that generation slowly morphing into a death cult???

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Twitter implies that Jens Spahn (CDU) might have failed to see the signs pointing towards a dire lack of personal protection equipment for medical staff.

I am besides myself that the man who reassured us that Covid-19 would not lead to anything affecting our day-to-day lives and funnels millions into weird Christian studies on abortion might be a bad at his job as a Minister of Health.

Anybody with a TV can confirm/deny the stuff about the PPE shortage?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/mithaldu/status/1243309823606714369

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

A friend of mine who works as a supermarket cashier just told me that she's had a costumer who was wearing gloves and tried, unsuccessfully, to pick a bill, then lick their fingers to better pick the bill with, then hand the bill over. We just love to see it, folks, don't we. The supermarket in question was a (guess first, then unspoil!) Bio Company. If you guessed right, SARS-CoV-2 will bring you a global catastrophic collapse of capitalism. If you guessed wrong, SARS-CoV-2 will bring you a global catastrophic collapse of capitalism.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

:psyduck:

So many anecdotes of this.

Mildly related:

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1242105715763879938

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

wtf is a Bio Company

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Pand posted:

wtf is a Bio Company

Remondis, for example.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Pand posted:

wtf is a Bio Company

I guess you just doxxed where you don't live and I just doxxed where I used to live :negative:

I really would like to have been present for their meeting where they were like "Berlin is saturated, Hamburg is starting up, what's next" and then someone suggested Dresden and everyone's like :hmmyes:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
That reminds me how Hamburg got two Apple Stores and Dresden got one before they even considered putting one in Berlin. (Though there was one in Munich first so the comparison doesn’t really hold)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

Remondis, for example.

lmao

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

quote:

08.00 Uhr: Der Präsident der Deutschen Krankenhausgesellschaft geht davon aus, dass Deutschland in der Corona-Krise vorerst keine Situation wie in Italien droht. „Ich bin sehr zuversichtlich, dass wir es zumindest für die nächsten zwei Wochen schaffen werden, italienische Verhältnisse zu vermeiden“, sagte Gerald Gaß dem ZDF-„Morgenmagazin“ am Freitag.

Allerdings müssten die Ausgangsbeschränkungen eingehalten werden, betonte er. „Wir müssen Anfang, Mitte nächster Woche sehen, dass sich die Kurve abflacht, damit die Zahl der Patienten nicht ins Unendliche wächst, denn dann ist auch ein so gutes System wie in Deutschland bei allem Engagement der Krankenhäuser überfordert.“

phew

quote:

08.32 Uhr: FDP-Chef Christian Lindner hat die Debatte über Lockerungen der coronabedingten Einschränkungen begrüßt. Das sei ein „positives Zeichen“ für die Menschen im Land, sagte er am Freitag im Deutschlandfunk. Wann dafür der richtige Zeitpunkt sei, müssten aber die Gesundheitsexperten entscheiden. Dennoch sollte das staatliche Handeln auf die Frage gerichtet sein, wann es wieder ein normales Leben geben könne. Auf Dauer seien die Beschränkungen „untragbar“ auch für die wirtschaftliche Entwicklung im Land.

lol we're hosed

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Number going down is untragbar, UNTRAGBAR SAGE ICH

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

I guess you just doxxed where you don't live and I just doxxed where I used to live :negative:

I really would like to have been present for their meeting where they were like "Berlin is saturated, Hamburg is starting up, what's next" and then someone suggested Dresden and everyone's like :hmmyes:

This is blowing my mind rn op, I refuse to believe that there are places without bio companies on every street corner

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Don't worry friend, every bougie neighbourhood in Germany is littered with Bioläden, just not that particular brand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

elbkaida posted:

Don't worry friend, every bougie neighbourhood in Germany is littered with Bioläden, just not that particular brand!

thanks op, that's a relief