Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

No, I'm with you. I don't see a problem with knowing what's coming as long as what's coming is, like, good.

If all of the new content was bad or mediocre I could understand this disappointment but aside from Eureka, Skalla, and Return to Ivalice's story bits I think everything in SB has been great.

Now "I would like more of everything" is definitely a complaint I understand far more than "it's predictable".

What was wrong with Skalla? It was a perfectly serviceable dungeon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Skalla had fat genie ghosts and I'll hear nothing bad about it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I thought Skalla was fine aside from the face enemies being a pain in the rear end to try and stack and the final pull being obnoxious to heal through.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've run Skalla about 8000 times and most of the pulls are fine, I just loving hate the first two bosses so much

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I posted:

I’m having some audio issues. The launcher doesn’t play music, and the background music misses soft notes or cuts out completely. I thought it might be a problem with my PS4 or my TV monitor, but it only seems to apply to FFXIV. I got no idea how to troubleshoot this.

The canned support page recommended re-installing, so I did. No change. I’m gonna test a few other games/try it on other TVs, and if that doesn’t change things I guess I gotta reach out to real person support.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

DrakePegasus posted:

The canned support page recommended re-installing, so I did. No change. I’m gonna test a few other games/try it on other TVs, and if that doesn’t change things I guess I gotta reach out to real person support.

As dumb as it sounds, one cause of this is an audio or HDMI cable with a loose connection, so I recommend going over all of them and ensuring they're all plugged in firmly. Might be a bad cable or input connector outside of that (gently jiggling the connection *might* help).

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Rainuwastaken posted:

Using a single target Flare at the end of your Astral Fire section is dicey because you're waiting on a mana tick afterwards; it's technically higher damage than Fire 1 but it's so clunky I wouldn't recommend it.

Flare is never worth it for single target if you are slow casting it. From 50 up until you get Fire 4 you should pretty much always be flaring when you have convert up.

Your synced 50 opener is practically the same since ARR, T3, F3, F1x4, swiftcast, Flare, Convert, F1, B3 repeat (T3, F3, F1x5, B3). You can use an ether in place of convert I guess. Use Firestarter procs when up, then Thunder cloud procs. Since Raging Strikes is gone, there's not a big rush to squeeze everything in anymore though.

Once you start leveling past 50 it gets all weird since the flare MP min you need to tracking your head changes with level, and you get sharp cast and leylines.

Swiftcast, Flare, Convert, F1, Firestarter is a lot of fun in synced 50 content, so please don't ignore it!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Phone posted:

With 1676/1708/493 before matcha hq and cp hq medicine can craft 35 and 70 durability 3* hq crafts with little to no hq mat requirements.

as for making money, go find a hole in the mb and fill it. I was making crimson ciders and matchas over the weekend and I noticed that cumin seeds weren't on the MB, I think I sold ~350k's worth at 3500+ per mat. there's a bunch of furniture that has cheap mats, so that's an avenue. making levekits is not a bad route either; i was selling hq linen shirts for ~35k a pop.

That said, we are on the cusp of a new patch so having lots of raw mats on hand is going to be a solid investment. Competing at the pointy end of the high end gear market in a patch lull is really rough; it took me 3 weeks to sell a HQ sledge that started at 1.1 million and eventually sold for 700k after changing the price twice a day.

Okay, I'm still under your benchmark for stats. 1675/1519/406 with my current gear/melds before food. Left side is HQ crafted i340 with the i350 yellow scrip belt and 330 augmented yellow scrip tools. Right side is all yellow scrip accessories. I suppose the next step is upgrading to crafted tools and finishing the melds on the rest of my stuff. I can HQ non-master recipes and even some Master V items without trouble, it's just the top-end gear that gives me issues, especially with the exotic mats I need to source.

Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping that, if I'm not terribly successful between now and the end of Stormblood, I'll at least be in a relatively good position going into the next expansion.

Arist posted:

I've run Skalla about 8000 times and most of the pulls are fine, I just loving hate the first two bosses so much

The Boss Formerly Known as the Horse of Lies was a bit of a pain, but I did like spriggan doll and the final boss in Skalla is one of the best 4-man fights in the game, imo.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Leofish posted:

Okay, I'm still under your benchmark for stats. 1675/1519/406 with my current gear/melds before food. Left side is HQ crafted i340 with the i350 yellow scrip belt and 330 augmented yellow scrip tools. Right side is all yellow scrip accessories. I suppose the next step is upgrading to crafted tools and finishing the melds on the rest of my stuff. I can HQ non-master recipes and even some Master V items without trouble, it's just the top-end gear that gives me issues, especially with the exotic mats I need to source.

Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping that, if I'm not terribly successful between now and the end of Stormblood, I'll at least be in a relatively good position going into the next expansion.

Bear in mind there are different macros for different plateaus, and it's totally possible to reach them without grade VI forbidden melding insanity. Standard materia slots should have grade VI, but that's easy with yellow scrips and a boost from Namazu one-time quests. I'm at 1700/1629/493 and I can do pretty much the same as Phone (don't even need tea for most things anymore). I'd estimate 9 months before the next expansion, plenty of time to prepare.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

oh no blimp issue posted:

What was wrong with Skalla? It was a perfectly serviceable dungeon?

I don't think it's bad, just the least of the SB dungeons.

Thematically it does nothing for me and the bosses aren't very memorable.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

lol if u don't remember getting pranked by the kelpie

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Leofish posted:

The Boss Formerly Known as the Horse of Lies was a bit of a pain, but I did like spriggan doll and the final boss in Skalla is one of the best 4-man fights in the game, imo.

if you're on excal and provide some mats, i can make you i340 gear. the real end game is blowing up 260 command materia 5s.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CYBEReris posted:

lol if u don't remember getting pranked by the kelpie

And then getting double pranked when it corrected

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

And then getting double pranked when it corrected

That was the best part frankly

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Skalla sucks rear end and I doubt anyone who mains melee dps would disagree other than nins since their ae is so lazy.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

Leofish posted:

Okay, I'm still under your benchmark for stats. 1675/1519/406 with my current gear/melds before food....
The CP looks like the main problem. I never sacrifice CP for craftsmanship or control, because I'd rather have the ability to hit more buttons than getting slightly more progress. The 3* recipes can be reliably done at 1500/1350 or whatever the minimums were, if you have maximum CP and a fair amount of HQ materials, because that's what I did.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The person who said they'd help me with O8S ditched to get carried by their veteran friends.

Making the fourth person overall who has done the same thing. :negative:

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Behold ancient Allag's most terrifying weapon.

and some crappy old battleship they turned into a museum or something, but who cares.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The person who said they'd help me with O8S ditched to get carried by their veteran friends.

Making the fourth person overall who has done the same thing. :negative:

You're on Aether, right? How far are you in O8S? I might be able to sneak you in if someone's missing from our static, though it'd be a lot easier to sell if you've seen at least most of the fight.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm on Aether, yeah. Been to second Forsaken.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Behold ancient Allag's most terrifying weapon.

and some crappy old battleship they turned into a museum or something, but who cares.

I missed out on O8S this time around (got to >1% on O7 before the group had to break for a while) but god dammit I still want my terrifying weapon. Hopefully I can get it at some point.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

isk posted:

Bear in mind there are different macros for different plateaus, and it's totally possible to reach them without grade VI forbidden melding insanity. Standard materia slots should have grade VI, but that's easy with yellow scrips and a boost from Namazu one-time quests. I'm at 1700/1629/493 and I can do pretty much the same as Phone (don't even need tea for most things anymore). I'd estimate 9 months before the next expansion, plenty of time to prepare.

AngusPodgorny posted:

The CP looks like the main problem. I never sacrifice CP for craftsmanship or control, because I'd rather have the ability to hit more buttons than getting slightly more progress. The 3* recipes can be reliably done at 1500/1350 or whatever the minimums were, if you have maximum CP and a fair amount of HQ materials, because that's what I did.

I see, so pushing that extra CP up is the next step. I may redo some of the melds I have. Not a lot of cash for advanced melding at this point. I was mostly just slotting in what I had on hand or got from quests so I've got a mix of V and VI materias in everything.

Phone posted:

if you're on excal and provide some mats, i can make you i340 gear. the real end game is blowing up 260 command materia 5s.

Appreciate the offer, but I'm on Exodus now. Moved over to play in a smaller FC with some friends.

Thanks again for the advice everyone.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that is some good wholesome trolling

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

crossposting from catgirl land

El Coil Loco needs an 8th for raiding in 4.4! We're short a tank but we're pretty flexible wrt jobs and don't worry much about comp so we can work about anything except ast, rdm, brd, or sam. We are some goobs who have been playing this game together for like 4 years or something? In terms of casual-core-whateverness we're pretty chill but also endeavor to play well enough to kill things eventually. Experience raiding is welcome but not required if you're confident you can push buttons. We raid two nights a week 7-10 est and are currently on a goofy rotating schedule to accommodate work schedules, so although we only raid 2 nights, realistically you'll need to be free mon-thurs. Check out the catgirl bargains thread or message me here/there/anywhere for more info: https://catgirl.bargains/topic/5-el-coil-loco-is-recruiting-for-44-free-tacos/ (we're on excal/primal btw)

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Leofish posted:

Appreciate the offer, but I'm on Exodus now. Moved over to play in a smaller FC with some friends.

I'm on Exodus as well. I've not been playing much lately because of Monster Hunter, but send me a friend request or mail or something if you want some help and I'll see what I can do. Character name is Zack Ater.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
https://twitter.com/SenorDonNelson/status/1038153904905547776

:smith:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Zack Ater posted:

I'm on Exodus as well. I've not been playing much lately because of Monster Hunter, but send me a friend request or mail or something if you want some help and I'll see what I can do. Character name is Zack Ater.

Cool. I go by Leeoh'to Gaspaarr these days. I'll fire off a friend request if I see you're online.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
does pagos also require you to beat a specific NM to get the final upgrade like anemos? Because I just realised I haven't seen a Pazuzu spawn in weeks

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

pupuru posted:

does pagos also require you to beat a specific NM to get the final upgrade like anemos? Because I just realised I haven't seen a Pazuzu spawn in weeks

I remember reading in the patch notes that pazuzu feathers can be purchased with crystals now. Don't take my word on it though, I ditched Eureka at level 13.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Oh my god, the vocals on Titan's theme. Please tell me the rest is this dramatic.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

I got a dyeable RDM hat out of Eureka, which was all I wanted, and then didn't go back in.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Safeword posted:

Oh my god, the vocals on Titan's theme. Please tell me the rest is this dramatic.

Titan’s theme is the best one but yeah, that’s the general level of pomp and circumstance

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Hard disagree on Titan being the best in a world where Oblivion and Unbending Steel exist

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Unbending Steel is still the best vocal track Soken's done.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Safeword posted:

No lie, the Titan music is what got me to look at this game in the first place.

It's still one of the best, but there are even better primal tracks out there. And almost all of them are fantastic.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Countblanc posted:

Hard disagree on Titan being the best in a world where Oblivion and Unbending Steel exist

Did you know that there are people that don't think Oblivion owns bones? S'true and hosed up.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

More than two years later, it's still funny that POWERMAN 5000 got mad about Fiend and Soken's reply was just "who are you guys again?".

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Fiend is also top tier Soken music and any time my raid group says "Look away" for a mechanic at least 1 person just quietly says "Disobey"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

don't worry, just because Under the Weight is the best doesn't mean all the other songs don't totally whip the llama's rear end. the music and vocals cups runneth over. Unbending Steel, Oblivion, Rise, Fiend, Wayward Daughter, Beauty's Wicked Wiles, Metal, Equilibrium... also Steel Reason but that's instrumental

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Thundarr posted:

More than two years later, it's still funny that POWERMAN 5000 got mad about Fiend and Soken's reply was just "who are you guys again?".

Obligatory Kelly

https://twitter.com/FFXIV_Kelly/status/779181586629570560