Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
DerekOld School Commando just got banned from r/starcitizen. He had a good run, but the forces of :reddit: were too strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The Road To EclipseCon

Ortwin: We need to come up with a new money grab, and quickly!

Chris: I like aeroplanes, and going by the sales figures, the fans do too. Cool aeroplanes should cost more, so what is the coolest aeroplane? A stealth bomber. Go make a stealth bomber... Also add a second seat so we can charge more for it.

Ortwin: Good thinking.

An artist proceeds to image search 'stealth bomber', and archers the results without realising the B-2 and F-117 are different planes.

Chris: Genius. So a Super Hornet is $180.. double the seats for double to cost and add a coolness tax.. Maybe $400? $450?

Artist: The Super Hornet has two seats as well...

Chris: Ok... So $180 plus 50% coolness tax comes to $270.

Ortwin: $275. Also we need a name.

Chris: Stealth bombers are big and black, and if you looked at one it would look like a black blot among a blue sky.

Artist: And if it flew in front of the sun it would look like a solar eclipse.

Chris: Eclipse.. Genius. Time to whip out my approval stamp.

Ben: The warrior space-tiger race in Wing Commander are the Kilrathi. It is a portmanteau of the words kill and wrath.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

trucutru posted:

DerekOld School Commando just got banned from r/starcitizen. He had a good run, but the forces of :reddit: were too strong.

They couldn't make a shadowban or reddit wide ban stick, so they just said gently caress it and punted him from the one place they can control?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Can he go over the sub mods heads and get the banned overturned by admins, or is he just done at this point? I don't know how that poo poo heap works, because gently caress :reddit:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

Let's be honest here, anytime you've seen Chris speak on camera does he come across as the 'brains' of anything?

Dude can barely string a sentence together without resorting to umm err or sooo

If anything all of this from day 1 has been

Hired marketing company

Sandi

or a combination

Nah, Chris isn't the brains of poo poo, except vomiting out lovely, thinly veiled retreads of poo poo he has seen before and thinks is cool, good, and/or popular.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
ScrodTane

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Tanes Scrod

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Foo Diddley posted:

Sorry, but Dual Universe looks like it's just as much of a crock of poo poo as Star Citizen:

Several of these features are literally impossible, most of the rest are impossibly difficult, and every one of 'em is a giant red flag. Player constructions the size of a moon! Thousands of players in a single instance! Invent a new life for yourself! Yeah, right

I'm not gonna leap to the defense of any of these. Personally I'm kind of impressed by some of the tech DU has shown but I agree it's nowhere near what they are promising, yet. Chances are that just like with the dozen or so released so far, a few of the second gen. games will be really good. Nothing's ever going to meet the scope of Star Citizen's ambition, though, because it is literally impossible. This will be what keeps this second wave of games from upsetting backers, just like the first.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Isn't DU just SC rebranded and made to look original, new, and innovative, exactly like SC is? Maybe its just a front to funnel more money into SC.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Meet the Eclipse GTF Pegasus. $250

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

Which ships do you have already in your fleet?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820176&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post472250566

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

they left off the part where the ship instantly leaps off the ground at over 20g's like it's made of balsa wood

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Today:

Previously:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

neither talent nor skills

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

Present your excuses to Dr. Smart NOW.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

Present your excuses to Croberts NOW.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

That could work with every human being. Except Ben because he has a near death experience everyday.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

The ice cream I've never had, I mean.

I have a little satchel of saffron, like a gram or so, and that poo poo was like $10. People literally picked the stamens out of flowers. Crazy.

Somebody tell me what to do with it before it gets old.

You could always try making saffron buns with it?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saffron_bun

Hobold posted:

How the gently caress does r/ds keep thinking its being an 'archive' when there are literal places that do that already. Archive.is and waybackmachine do a better job of what they claim to be doing, without all the biased bullshit and hate stalking.

If they started being honest with themselves about that, they might accidentally be honest with themselves about throwing hundreds or thousands of dollars on Chris Roberts imaginary game which will never be real.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ah

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
The ship on sale is always the best ship.

Hey, moma you ready to admit you got conned yet or is it going to take another three months?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSjeXmtKaFw&t=55s

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

XK posted:

The only thing a galaxy has one of is a black hole.

Not quite. Roughly 1 in a 1000 stars in the Milky Way are massive enough to become a black hole, which means there could potentially be 100,000,000. These would be stellar-mass black holes.

I guess you were thinking of Supermassive black holes (queue Muse song here) which are located at the centre of most (maybe all) galaxies.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Hav posted:

Reston, VA was one of the only Hazmat IV facilities in the country when their sample of ebola went airborne. Luckily it was nowhere near as virulent and only caused flu-like symptoms. Back in the 90s.

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reston_virus - E.Reston is actually a variant.

gently caress...I live there.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Thread is boring.

Post some fake leaks or something.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

SirTagz posted:

Thread is boring.

Just log into TheSmith account and do it. Don't let others do the work all the time.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

TheAgent posted:

"Doctor" Derek Smart, yeah, sure, let me believe you have all this information about Chris Roberts. Maybe you're just a big-dicked black guy who makes bad games? What would you do if I whipped out your dick and made you cum straight down my throat? HUH "DOCTOR??" What would you do then? You and your giant, perfect dick with all your goonies who I imagine endlessly service you can go straight to hell.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

SirTagz posted:

Thread is boring.

Chris got caught fellating a pig, check it out : you must blah blah to blah blah this blah

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
I wish Derek would make some sort of repository for all of his predictions in epic detail.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Baxta posted:

I wish Derek would make some sort of repository for all of his predictions in epic detail.

Perhaps a blog post, written in July

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

The ship on sale is always the best ship.

Hey, moma you ready to admit you got conned yet or is it going to take another three months?

:allears:

this is all just from the subscribers too

lmco

(c is for oval office)

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

XK posted:

Sorry.

http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2002/0192/

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

DapperDon posted:

gently caress...I live there.

DOX! MODS!

radd fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 19, 2017

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
half a million in one day on the promise of a paragraph, not even a picture?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

XK posted:

We know of at least 3 in the Milky Way alone. Like not even 10,000 light years from here.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Yeah cigs offices.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

XK posted:

Well you are not wrong if you meant a super massive black hole

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

phosdex posted:

Yeah cigs offices.

http://i.imgur.com/Dd9nWxd.gifv

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Yeah, the galaxy has a ton of them — they're just dead stars after all, and with 400bn to choose from, that's a lot of opportunity to for the right preconditions to exist. Now supermassive black holes, on the other hand…

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Mikojan posted:

Well you are not wrong if you meant a super massive black hole

Nobody talked about your posts do why bring it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

Tippis posted:

Yeah, the galaxy has a ton of them — they're just dead stars after all, and with 400bn to choose from, that's a lot of opportunity to for the right preconditions to exist. Now supermassive black holes, on the other hand…

I think you failed to appreciate my link ... those were two supermassive black holes in one galaxy! :smuggo: