Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

XK posted:

Somebody tell me what to do with it before it gets old.

Saffron rice is really good imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

All this would be for nothing if CIG only had a kick rear end game to play, it could be over with in a heartbeat if only Chris could provide them with such a great game that it spoke for itself and shut up all the naysaying popper cutters. That's all that needs to happen, a $150 million game dev company merely has to release a good game.

Even guys working in sheds in Siberia can make a video game. I think anyway.

Only to Chris Roberts is this some voodoo black magic that he crudely fans by being the most incompetent video game developer in history at this point.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

The Titanic posted:

Oh hey, guess what: if you continue to breathe air you will likely continue to be alive. I know! Shocking turn of events! :allears:

You expect me to believe this without source links? :colbert: Prove it Goonie!

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

XK posted:

The ice cream I've never had, I mean.

I have a little satchel of saffron, like a gram or so, and that poo poo was like $10. People literally picked the stamens out of flowers. Crazy.

Sniff it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

I plan on getting the new ship maybe if they impress me. It'll be a small upgrade.

Also someone exposed derek on reddit. hes not a doctor. Yet another reason you guys shouldnt hold him up to such high regard

Good info, friend. This changes everything I think.

Star Citizen is good now. You did it! :cheers:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

Also someone exposed derek on reddit. hes not a doctor. Yet another reason you guys shouldnt hold him up to such high regard

Ha ha ha ha. Good one SD.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I hope you guys find happiness if you read this thread any. Like any other game, even great ones, it'll be fun for a few days, maybe a week, then it'll be stale.

Go enjoy your families.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The Titanic posted:

Go enjoy your families.

Uhhh....

Scrod?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sabreseven posted:

Turns out I am probably allergic to blue cheese, my rear end is burning with such malice and evil that I'm half expecting two midgets and a loving wizard turning up to carry it into Mordor.

:(

Never again.

That's some graphic imagery, friend. I hope you get better soon!

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
a cool Aliens homage in star citizen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEYwjEgPw7M

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
I live far from mexico so I make lovely non mexican tacos.

The recipe requires you to also make Spaghetti bolognese.

Bolognese in a pot and add chili powder/fresh chili/sriracha I don't care, I'm not your mother
Hard shells in the Oven
Coon cheese (on the bottom) or just shredded cheese
Pile in the bolognese
Top with iceberg lettuce like a loving scrub

Try eat in one bite and cut the ever living poo poo out of your mouth and then choke on crunchy shell

TLDR: scrod/tane

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

In today's ATV

"There is one Sun in the galaxy, which will light all of the planets"

There goes the 110 starsystems.

https://youtu.be/xKRX0ZwzXqk?t=1002

This is what a layman calls a "solar system" I believe. Though not one of those cool ones with two stars.

Good job walking back the hopes and dreams. Hopefully we can keep dialing it down until it's just "a CryEngine map, lit by a light that is programmed to act like day and night and is kinda connected to the space level part of the game when you load into it".

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Virtual Captain posted:

You expect me to believe this without source links? :colbert: Prove it Goonie!

Between this post and my reply, how many breaths of air did you take?

Take it from here, friend! :shobon:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Uhhh....

Scrod?

Scrod?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
You all lost me at the scrod thing. I don't know what a scrod is, and I thought I was kind of paying attention.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

The Titanic posted:

You all lost me at the scrod thing. I don't know what a scrod is, and I thought I was kind of paying attention.

They think it's cool to write scrod instead of tane, but I'm an old school authentic traditionalist and #IstandWithTane.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

XK posted:

The ice cream I've never had, I mean.

I have a little satchel of saffron, like a gram or so, and that poo poo was like $10. People literally picked the stamens out of flowers. Crazy.

Risotto alla Milanese if you want to go all in on the saffron/rice goodness. Also requires decent parmesan cheese, so good luck with that if American.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
any citizen who thinks any promo cinematics from CIG will translate into exciting gameplay has not followed any other game in the last 30 years

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjennHckRLw&t=148s

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

The Titanic posted:

"Scrod or schrod (/ˈskrɒd/) is any of various whitefish, such as young cod or haddock, that are prepared and eaten as food; often the preparation involves the whitefish being split and boned before cooking."

Stimpire cuisine.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

has there ever been animation released using mocap of Gillian Anderson or John Rhys-Davies?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

VealCutlet posted:

Try eat in one bite and cut the ever living poo poo out of your mouth and then choke on crunchy shell

Sounds like an upgrade from the blue cheese taco in all honesty.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
Is it possible to see ingame evidence that 64bit positioning and physics grids even exist?

Like, if it turns out that CIG actually switched to LY by deleting starengine, opening their shared CIFS drive, unzipping the LY archive that Amazon support had to email to them into X:/src/Users/CR/Desktop/My Games/starcitizen (copy) (6) (29)/engine.orig.bak (2) (copy) (4)/MyFirstExampleEngine/src/starengine/(I assume that's what their repo structure looks like by now) then slapping a starengine splash screen on it... Would anyone be able to actually tell?

Maybe it actually did take a couple devs only a day or 2 to finish the switch

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

starkebn posted:

has there ever been animation released using mocap of Gillian Anderson or John Rhys-Davies?

They've shown that one 4 minute clip of Gary Oldman and like 15 seconds of Mark Hamill over the last 2 years. Imaginarium was clearly a huge success.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

starkebn posted:

No. There was a still frame t-pose of Davies' character looking like a retired truck driver security guard wearing a 40's bomber jacket and baseball cap. Basically exactly what you'd expect from fashion of the very distant future.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
The LA engineering team are "currently working on creating a technique for clients to request persistent information."

This is fine and totally normal for a massively multiplayer online game to be figuring out in its sixth year of development.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

XK posted:

I want a mediocre SQ42 to come out so, so, bad. I really hope they don't fall apart before they can put out that garbage.

Everything can implode after that, I just want that widely released disgrace to happen.

:same:

That's really the best case comedy outcome IMO. We get the joy of mocking a the only poo poo episode of SQ42 and then mocking CIG as it goes down in flames.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Uhhh....

Scrod?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Chin posted:

The LA engineering team are "currently working on creating a technique for clients to request persistent information."

This is fine and totally normal for a massively multiplayer online game to be figuring out in its sixth year of development.

devs are finally cracking open their "SQL for Beginners" books to start some down-to-the-metal database implementations 6 years in

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

starkebn
May 18, 2004

XK posted:

I want a mediocre SQ42 to come out so, so, bad. I really hope they don't fall apart before they can put out that garbage.

Everything can implode after that, I just want that widely released disgrace to happen.

yes, this is the ~dream~

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Kosumo posted:

About $275,000 of space dream concept sperging in the last two hours.

e:expensive catte blanket

I have established from this picture that you run a tinny house.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Chin posted:

But.. they released persistence last June.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

D_Smart posted:

I hope he mispoke because if there is only one Sun, that's not a galaxy, it's a star system.

In fact, the starmap shows that they have Sol starsystem. And Stanton system, which they are supposed to be building out, has its own star, Terra Nova.
lmao that they would call a star Terra Nova.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sabreseven posted:

Sounds like an upgrade from the blue cheese taco in all honesty.

Taking a fiery spicy chocolaty dump on the remains of the Fukishima reactor would be an upgrade.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

MilesK posted:

But.. they released persistence last June.

The original jesus patch.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

a cool lame Aliens homage in a star citizen video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEYwjEgPw7M

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Sabreseven posted:

Turns out I am probably allergic to blue cheese, my rear end is burning with such malice and evil that I'm half expecting two midgets and a loving wizard turning up to carry it into Mordor.

Never again.

You should probably check if you're allergic to penicillin then, since blue cheese uses Penicillium strains. And knowing if you're allergic to one of the commonly used antibiotics is a good thing.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Sabreseven posted:

Never again.

Pm me this is my new fetish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
two midgets and an rear end loving wizard