Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barbelith
Oct 23, 2010

SMILE
Taco Defender

Antigravitas posted:

I wonder how our Austrian neighbours are dealing with this. Do masks violate the Verschleierungsverbot? :v:

"Ein Verstoß gegen das Verhüllungsverbot gemäß Abs. 1 liegt nicht vor, wenn die Verhüllung oder Verbergung der Gesichtszüge ... gesundheitliche ... Gründe hat" -- Anti-Gesichtsverhüllungsgesetz § 2 Abs. 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

So what I'm hearing is mandatory burka for everyone?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sereri posted:

So what I'm hearing is mandatory burka for everyone?

I was in the Viennese subway something like two weeks before the lockdown and actually saw the new style burka with face mask in the wild. Respect to the three to four burka wearers in all of Vienna for their creativity.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Another weekend of isolation nearly over. How you all holding up?

I had to add Twitter to my Windows hosts file to block it. I just can't loving deal with my compulsive need to read corona-related poo poo and how it feeds into my anxiety. The first article/tweet thread about someone's individual experience suffering from COVID-19 was interesting and informative enough; the twentieth such article/thread just triggers panic in a bad way.

Anyway, thought I needed to get that out there. Stay healthy, deutschgoons.

Drone fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Mar 29, 2020

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
After the first weekend of the #KetamineQuarantine I can safely say that it's the way to go... don't wait and join the fun!!! :sparkles:

beware though:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Drone posted:

Another weekend of isolation nearly over. How you all holding up?

I had to add Twitter to my Windows hosts file to block it. I just can't loving deal with my compulsive need to read corona-related poo poo and how it feeds into my anxiety. The first article/tweet thread about someone's individual experience suffering from COVID-19 was interesting and informative enough; the twentieth such article/thread just triggers panic in a bad way.

Anyway, thought I needed to get that out there. Stay healthy, deutschgoons.

I generally can't look at twitter and not think that everyone using it is a deluded moron. The only valid use of twitter is to constantly dunk on its users, but that's not a productive use of my time and doesn't achieve anything either. Even its UI is atrocious, so there's literally not a single positive aspect to it.

I have it blocked via ublock, like I block other garbage on the Internet.

Holding up fine, I've taken to daily long walks through the city. I leave at around 22:00 and return over an hour later. My life is a noir movie now.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
My weekend is also almost over luckily enough. Which is nice because I had to work during it (though admittedly I spent like half of it watching twitch streams, so not like it was super terrible :v:)

On Twitter chat, I mostly stopped using it when I realised all the funny/interesting people I followed stopped as well and half my feed was about the various ways things are hosed in the world. I still enjoy when other people link funny stuff and such, but I do not miss looking at my own feed at all. Some might argue I could just follow new people and stop following the ones posting depressing stuff but :effort:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
For me the main thing that would make this semi-quarantine more bearable would be having time off from work. Having that stuff right here with me during the week makes it harder to decompress and separate work from leisure. That's also the main reason I was never a big fan of working from home in the first place. Unfortunately, taking time off before Easter will probably not be possible.

(It probably doesn't help that thus far not a single performance goals has been adjusted and we already had enough staff shortages and process issues before this all went down.)

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Wengy posted:

Mithaldu got to me. Gonna sport an improvised mask starting tomorrow.

Goons Are Great posted:

He's good, isn't he. :v:
Friend of mine wants to make me a colorful one, I'm excited.
:neckbeard:

Also, if y'all are interested in looking good, here's another guide:

https://twitter.com/ykomska/status/1243966020538314752

Re twitter:

I follow 99% artists, 0.8% friends and 0.2% reporters and similar who have a reputation for being facts-based. That gives a healthy mix of things. It's hard to be down about the occasional doomer tweet when most of your timeline is cute art. :haw:

Plus, there's stuff like this. https://twitter.com/hashtag/MasksAreSexy (nsfw)

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

And for those who can't or don't like to sew:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=807790806395450

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Twitter is fun but I find limiting intake very helpful because it’s like others said, an endless barrage of pain and suffering and as such it’s draining after a while. I open it like once in the morning and that’s it.

I’ve coped by running (started a marathon plan) and playing lots of Doom Eternal. Also there’s chores around the house. That and drinking in moderation. I’ve been eating way too much but then again I’ll probably be running way too much again soon.

It’s interestingly difficult to get poo poo done, like working on long term projects. Everything is on hold and someone on Twitter said it’s like the time between Christmas and New Years. It’s an apt description.

My flatmate is pissed because they’re a freelancer and all jobs are gone. They’ve been dumb enough to leg something zurück but it’s just above the limit where help from the state starts. It kinda sucks because their Steuerrücklage, Urlaubsgeld, Krankheitsfallstash etc. is gonna get used up first before and people who did not (or couldn’t, yeah) plan in advance just get a check and are fein raus. I guess that’s how it was konzipiert to keep people from falling through the cracks but it still feels unfair.

I’ve got a Vertretungsjob until the end of June so I’m fine for a bit but all my freelance stuff has been cancelled too. Gonna be an interesting summer.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Zwille posted:

My flatmate is pissed because they’re a freelancer and all jobs are gone. They’ve been dumb enough to leg something zurück but it’s just above the limit where help from the state starts. It kinda sucks because their Steuerrücklage, Urlaubsgeld, Krankheitsfallstash etc. is gonna get used up first before and people who did not (or couldn’t, yeah) plan in advance just get a check and are fein raus. I guess that’s how it was konzipiert to keep people from falling through the cracks but it still feels unfair.
Tell them to look up the Corona Hilfe für Selbstständige, they'll be able to get 9k€ to cover the next three month, as long as they fulfill the very lenient limitations.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Thing is, the Privatvermögen has to be used up beyond a certain point first, and the Privatvermögen (really just insurance, taxes, Urlaub, Krankheit, Fortbildungen, but it adds up) is just too big. The Freibetrag is like 6.000 and the Vermögen we‘re talking about is like twice that.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Grundsicherung (Hartz IV) should have a treshold over which you need to use your own funds first.

Neither federal nor state-level (Berlin) Corona-Soforthilfe should have, instead relying on showing that you have revenue shrinkage and costs, IIRC.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Zwille posted:

Thing is, the Privatvermögen has to be used up beyond a certain point first, and the Privatvermögen (really just insurance, taxes, Urlaub, Krankheit, Fortbildungen, but it adds up) is just too big. The Freibetrag is like 6.000 and the Vermögen we‘re talking about is like twice that.

In NRW there was no such limit: https://soforthilfe-corona.nrw.de/

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Ugh, that’s weird. Gonna investigate that then. I’m pretty sure Berlin has some kinda limit and you gotta prove you’re in Schwierigkeiten because of Umsatzeinbrüche.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

And for those who can't or don't like to sew:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=807790806395450

I read that as "nobody is too busty"

ok, ok, I'll get out

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mano posted:

ok, ok, I'll get out
noooooo

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
https://www.dw.com/en/german-state-finance-minister-thomas-sch%C3%A4fer-found-dead/a-52948976

Hesse finance minister committed suicide.

quote:

Bouffier also said that Schäfer had been living under considerable worry and stress because of the current COVID-19 pandemic.

"His main concern was whether he could manage to fulfill the huge expectations of the population, especially in terms of financial aid," Bouffier said on Sunday. "For him, there was clearly no way out. He was disappointed and so he had to leave us. That has shocked us, has shocked me."

The coward's way out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Yes he did, we talked about that with some snarky comments already yesterday, but don't let that stop you from making GBS threads on people with depression with your own posts

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

The coward's way out.
Did you decide to be extra worthless of a person today or do you poo poo on others for being ill every day?

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Cat Mattress posted:

The coward's way out.

And here I thought the coward’s way out was joining Gazprom’s board after you’ve gutted the German welfare state.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

In my attempts to not go insane from boredom I decided to wash my Badvorleger today. I put it on the short program which is 30°C, no desinfectant and now my entire apartment is steeped in a deep and unsettling smell of cheese feet. I think I might have bred some Käsefuß bacteria in my washing mashine. And while this is kinda cool from a science perspective, I dunno if I can sleep here tonight due to the smell.

Anyway, things are going great, I'm living life to the fullest (see above story). Hope you are all great, keep up the good spirits! Just 2-4 more months of this

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Yeah, can we maybe not poo poo on / joke about legit suicide in here?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

In my attempts to not go insane from boredom I decided to wash my Badvorleger today. I put it on the short program which is 30°C, no desinfectant and now my entire apartment is steeped in a deep and unsettling smell of cheese feet. I think I might have bred some Käsefuß bacteria in my washing mashine. And while this is kinda cool from a science perspective, I dunno if I can sleep here tonight due to the smell.

Anyway, things are going great, I'm living life to the fullest (see above story). Hope you are all great, keep up the good spirits! Just 2-4 more months of this

Just in case ... you can open windows without danger, even in the year of C19.

In fact you should, because without window opening CO2 concentrates in your apartment, which can severely affect your cognitive abilities.

I personally use one of those to monitor that and it's quite reliable: https://www.amazon.de/Forever25-CO2-Messger%C3%A4t-Monitor-Netzteil-Software/dp/B01EN3M0YS/

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Regarding a less-depressing issue, Sommerzeit began today, and didn't the EU "vote" last year against Uhrzeitumstellung in the future, and wasn't there some sort of agreement which time to keep supposed to happen?

Or was that just a fever dream and/or something scheduled to not happen for like 4 years like every other change decided on by "the EU"?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
You can't expect something as fundamental as not changing the clock to happen over night, mate.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seriously though friends, use Ketamine, especially if you suffer from anxieties and/or depressions:

- it's fun as hell and makes you feel high and good and works as an anti-depressant
- it's relatively cheap
- there are no side effect, it's not addictive
- there's no hangover whatsoever

It's now being used by psychiatrists around the world in "trials" as an anti-depressant. They even give it to kids. You should get in on this.

What is Ketamine? How it Works and Helps Severe Depression

I've never had depressions or anxieties or any other mental health issues, but my friends who do have mental health issues say it worked wonders for them. One friend with chronic depressions literally described it as "snapping out of it" after doing Keta.

Do yourself a favour and join the #KetamineQuarantine!!!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Stop exhorting people to do crimes just to get high, jfc.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
reality: a man falls through the earth and into coronavirus catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried ketamines"

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

GABA ghoul posted:

why would you do 30° on a badvorleger. id put those in at 1000° if i could

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mithaldu posted:

Stop exhorting people to do crimes just to get high, jfc.

actually op,

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

actually op,

It's not really a wise imperative if only one of those two is a choice, op.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Randler posted:

sorry op I quickly googled 'be gay do crime' memes and didn't conduct a thorough qualative analysis of the results

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, can we maybe not poo poo on / joke about legit suicide in here?

Indeed, politicians destroying well paying union jobs (such as guillotine operator) is no laughing matter.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Randler posted:

iirc that refers to the fact that being gay itself is a crime in quite some places

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Cat Mattress posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:grovertoot:

Ketaminequarantinechat:

Where do ya get ketamine as an Ottomotorverbraucher, I’m intrigued

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

You squeeze a nearby horse.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
this is very well established by now but this is just a friendly reminder to ignore everything oliwan says, ever, no matter the context

what an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

You squeeze a nearby horse.
what