Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Waldstein Sonata posted:

The 70s were a hell of a drug

Eh, gently caress it, I'd drive this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Mister Kingdom posted:

How much coke was required to design that thing?

All of it. Off of Annie Potts' rear end.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Waldstein Sonata posted:

Don't look directly at car with remaining eye....

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

wesleywillis posted:

Was that a real thing? I've seen one of those.
I don't know about the six headlights, but definitely the Corvette "wagon" thing.

The six center headlights thing actually was a design trend in the 70s. Citroen had a prototype of it too iirc on the DS. People just really thought future cars should have center mounted headlights for ???

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dear god, need to introduce the Aston Martin Lagonda...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

And just to add, when the C8 vette mid-engine comes out, they have been wanting to do it for decades. And there are great prototypes.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

30000% wrong thread :colbert:

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Goober Peas posted:

And to think Skywalker scoffed at the Datsun in that movie

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Colostomy Bag posted:

Settings -> Apps & Features -> Uninstall [your browser] :colbert:

Seriously though, that is one cool but poo poo car.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Colostomy Bag posted:

Right company, wrong car.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

MrOnBicycle posted:

Seriously though, that is one cool but poo poo car.

About sums up most of what we own. IIRC the Lagonda had some some weird LCD/LED instrument panel that was the first of its kind.

Also had special Avon tires if I remember.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Mister Kingdom posted:

So his 12 year old son made a DeLorean?

stevewm
May 10, 2005

I see this driving around town all the time. Usually parked at a housing complex for seniors. Finally had a chance to get a picture.

There is a Chevy Spark under there somewhere.

The used to be MUCH worse. The entire car was completely covered in conspiracy theory crap. Most of that has been covered up with the red/white stripes. You can kinda still see it on the back of you zoom in.

Im betting a lot of those sticky letters probably came from one of my company's stores.....

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Senility is a hell of a drug

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Colostomy Bag posted:

gently caress yeah, would

Mister Kingdom posted:

gently caress yeah, would

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Waldstein Sonata posted:

wrong thread

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Goober Peas posted:

It's still better than the one in "Corvette Summer"

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

stevewm posted:

I see this driving around town all the time. Usually parked at a housing complex for seniors. Finally had a chance to get a picture.

There is a Chevy Spark under there somewhere.

The used to be MUCH worse. The entire car was completely covered in conspiracy theory crap. Most of that has been covered up with the red/white stripes. You can kinda still see it on the back of you zoom in.

Im betting a lot of those sticky letters probably came from one of my company's stores.....

Gonna bet that the irony of American flags all over a Korean car escaped the guy completely.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Goober Peas posted:

Even though it looks like hell, I honestly wish more designers would take cues from a ripsaw.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Um, see any modern Toyota, Honda

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

And I wonder, I still wonder, who'll stop the rain.
So this came through my work the other day.

looks like a f100 and a bronco2 grafted together in some kind of hosed up automotive experiment gone wrong, or right depending how you look at it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Darchangel posted:

Gonna bet that the irony of American flags all over a Korean car escaped the guy completely.

my favorite way to mess with chebby guys is to ask them if that is originally a french name because it sounds very french and the logo looks like a bowtie

use at own risk down south

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

eberbs posted:

looks like a f100 and a bronco2 grafted together in some kind of hosed up automotive experiment gone wrong, or right depending how you look at it.

saw the first photo and really hoped this was going to be some kind of reverse-dually

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

About sums up most of what we own. IIRC the Lagonda had some some weird LCD/LED instrument panel that was the first of its kind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP07Jq5b88M

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Colostomy Bag posted:

CRTs. And the ones in DeMuro's video need a little love. I'm sure part of it is the shutter speed of his camera, but he did mention they were a bit wonky.

Buick used a touchscreen CRT in the Riviera.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Mister Kingdom posted:

The Bulldog owns.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Bespoke tires are extremely common. A Focus RS and a Corvette both ride on PS4s but they’re actually very different PS4s in terms of compound and construction.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

drgitlin posted:

Bespoke tires are extremely common. A Focus RS and a Corvette both ride on PS4s but they’re actually very different PS4s in terms of compound and construction.

Unless they changed it for the 2018 MY, the RS came with either super sports or cup 2's, not the PS4S.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

STR posted:

CRTs. And the ones in DeMuro's video need a little love. I'm sure part of it is the shutter speed of his camera, but he did mention they were a bit wonky.

CRT was the first Lagondas, series 2 had digital LED dash with touch pad controls.

Series 1:

Series 2 :whatup:

Series 3 used VFD.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Apr 1, 2019

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Sorry, you’re right. Cup 2s were optional, and it predates PS4s. Fact remains, either tire is bespoke to the Focus versus the tire of the same name you get on, say, a Mustang or Corvette.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2016/09/the-ford-focus-rs-the-blue-ovals-best-is-a-performance-car-for-the-people/

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Hey y'all I found a Pontiac Grand Am that was feeling homesick

Kind of just having a weird time driving lately

"I'm so sick of your poo poo Karen"

AveMachina fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 1, 2019

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Thief posted:

my favorite way to mess with chebby guys is to ask them if that is originally a french name because it sounds very french and the logo looks like a bowtie

use at own risk down south

Little known fact: The Chevy emblem is a tessellating shape, or was originally, anyway. It was a wallpaper pattern from a hotel Louis Chevrolet stayed in once, or so I read long ago.

edit: huh. Apparently not true, though it was "official: for quite some time: https://jalopnik.com/the-real-story-behind-chevrolets-bow-tie-5797651 and https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2011/Sep/0902_bowtie.html

edit edit: also, it was William Durant who came up with the logo. Geeze. Everything I know is wrong.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 1, 2019

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
all i know for sure is that shift knob above was inspired by a champagne flute

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Hmm. I thought it was Tapered for Her Pleasure™

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

eberbs posted:

Did they fuckin widen the front track like really old time 2wd off roaders?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Did they fuckin widen the front track like really old time 2wd off roaders?

It looks like they put the narrower bronco II on the F100 frame, leaving the F100 front end. it looks like you can see extra frame length sticking out of the back.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

So you put your arm through the loop and it tells you your blood pressure...?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Olympic Mathlete posted:

CRT was the first Lagondas, series 2 had digital LED dash with touch pad controls.

Series 1:

Series 2 :whatup:

Series 3 used VFD.

The Series 1 was the old-school Lagonda based on the Aston Martin V8. Completely different beast.

Series 2 used the LED dash and touch-sensitive buttons, but the early Series 3 was the one with the CRT screens. VFDs came later on.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Just posting to say that winter tires in 70+ degrees are terrible car stuff. Mushy slippery bullshit that I can just feel wearing away by the mile. Seems we went from dead of winter to spring has sprung in like a week or two. Swapped over to my PS4s this evening and ohhhhhhhh fuckin yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I just learned that GM uses two fuel pumps in its mid-size crossovers when you order AWD. The gas tank is a saddle shape. When the fuel level on the primary side drops below a certain threshold, the pump on the secondary side transfers fuel to the primary side.