Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

oh no blimp issue posted:

The incentive is that it’s a good game

But I mean like, could I give someone a cool dragon for inviting me back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

But I mean like, could I give someone a cool dragon for inviting me back.

I don’t think there’s a callback campaign happening at the moment! And you had to be in that persons friendlist in the first place sadly.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Am I remembering right that they said all of Fanfest will be streamed for free this year except for the Primals concerts? If so, do we know if those will be available somewhere even if you have to pay for them? I'm a big enough sucker for Soken and the boys that I'd gladly toss down some cash to see them do their thing.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from

Farg posted:

HEY

wanna raid savage this patch? wanna do it with a cool nice fun group of pals that are smart and nice? then you wanna join up with The Randy Savages!!!

The Randy Savages are looking for a melee dps to replace the cowardly bastard who left us after sigmascape. We are uh, midcore I guess. We raid Tuesday/Thursday from 9pm-12pm EST. We've been at it since Heavensward and have been clearing content while its current ever since, basically.

good things about us:
1. we aren't big lovely weirdos
2. great puns
3. we're bad, but in like a 'haha oh you guys, anyways lets clear the fight now' fun way
4. fourth thing

anyways if you to raid this tier (and beyond??) with some real quality salt of the earth folk, respond to this post. or post in our thread on catgirls bargain. or @ me on catgirls bargain discord, you get the idea

edit: or contact grant farglen in game, or Axle Stukov

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE FFXIV DVD INTO THE DRIVE. ITS ALPHASCAPE SAVAGE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE FIGHTS ALONGSIDE THE BEST RAID GROUP, THE RANDY SAVAGES. I DO EVERY MECHNAIC AND I DO EVERY MECHANIC PERFECTLY. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME ADDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP LIMIT BREAK. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY RAIDED THE PLANETS MOST DANGEROUS ROBOT. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY FREE COMPANY AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN FFXIV AREN'T A GREAT COMMUNITY. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE EMCHANICS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY DOING ROTATIONS ON A TRAINING DUMMY. 2 HOURS INCLUDING CONSUMABLE CRAFTING EVERY MORNIng

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is there an easy way to set up alt-1, alt-2, etc. for my third hotbar?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
You can rebind your keys to your hearts content.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Peachy Poo posted:

Am I remembering right that they said all of Fanfest will be streamed for free this year except for the Primals concerts? If so, do we know if those will be available somewhere even if you have to pay for them? I'm a big enough sucker for Soken and the boys that I'd gladly toss down some cash to see them do their thing.

Nope. No paid stream so nothing to lock off so concerts are something only fest-goers will get.

I mean, it's not impossible to find someone streaming it but there's no official concert stream free or paid.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

From the fanfest FAQ

quote:

WILL THE FAN FESTIVAL 2018 IN LAS VEGAS BE STREAMED?
Yes, it will! The stream will be available free of charge and will include all stage content except for the concerts. No in-game items will be available as part of the free stream.

Yeah you can probably find a phone stream of the concert, but the people equipped to do that well will probably not want their twitch accounts banned for it.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Semi-weekly picture dump time!

Just in time for 4.4, my little static got Karasu Tengu (or Tanil Faren/Tanil Nelhah) her first O8S clear! And mostly left before I could hit print screen but that's okay. In addition to being cool and good and having the second best Touhou as an avatar, I'm pretty sure she was mostly responsible for getting me into raiding forever ago, so it's only fair. :toot:

it's her Mateus alt but who cares

Also, I'm sad because I finished the Namazu quests and they were the best part of Stormblood so far. On the other hand, being able to wasshoi on command makes up for a lot.

Also also, I got a pretty butterfly and a new haircut.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 12, 2018

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I uh, mostly knew what I was doing for that fight. Mostly.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Argas posted:

CC/target numbering/etc. was utilized more in general at 2.0 launch and for some time afterwards. Once it was clear that it wasn't really necessary, BLMs using sleep, etc. grew rarer and rarer. I think it was probably due to gearing too because everyone was new then and you didn't have crafters churning out gear.

Also Hydaelyn can't be bad, there's no organized religion worshipping her.

They also made a bunch of poo poo immune to sleep because of some combination of people sleeping stuff in Brayflox (in order to skip content to do the dungeon ultra fast to farm tomestones) and ???

Like there were/are points where you'd want to use CC such as Sleep because of an accidental overpull to to stall for a member to run back or get resurrected and so on but everything is pretty much immune to sleep now so even if you want to do a big play you're not allowed to.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Crowd control is a hosed if you do, hosed if you don't situation, it's either useless or it gets overpowered because people find the best uses quickly and abuse them as much as they can. I think FF14 doesn't have groups big enough to be worth it anyway though, having a sleepbot casting sleep on poo poo repeatedly means losing like 20% of your aoe dps in dungeons because groups are only 4 size. Maybe if each single monster was too dangerous so you had to kill them one by one by sleeping the rest, but that doesn't sound fun and makes all the aoe skills useless instead.

On the other end of the spectrum, I used to play D&D online and one of the optimal strategies for most endgame dungeons was having a wizard with mass hold that made everything not move and get auto-crit on every attack as per helpless rules, and then the group held their attack button through the dungeon with heavy picks because they have x4 crit multiplier, doing hilarious dps in complete safety as long as the monsters weren't immune to hold or had too high will saves. Turbine tried to combat it with immune special enemies and bosses, but people would just bring 5 people that are optimal for the boss and CC the entire rest of the dungeon with the 6th anyway.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
As usual, nerds are their own worst enemy.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Anybody know what iLvl requirements the new patch will have?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Probably 335 355 for o9n

E: o1 is 295, o5 is 325

Phone fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 12, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

GoldenPrice posted:

Anybody know what iLvl requirements the new patch will have?

Probably i350 to get into Alphascape 1.0 normal and i370 to get into savage? Though ilvl requirement is usually not an issue for savage since you can ignore it with a pre formed party.

E: er yeah, 355 would fit the pattern better.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
goddamnit you company of heroes assholes i just want to fight titan, don't make me do an entire dungeon just to get some cheese for your rear end in a top hat boss

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Charlie Bobson posted:

goddamnit you company of heroes assholes i just want to fight titan, don't make me do an entire dungeon just to get some cheese for your rear end in a top hat boss

Don't lose hope, mate, you're almost through the worst of things.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The real Titan was the friends you made along the way.

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of patch previews just a week out. I know the 4.4 site is up but I seem to remember there being more outfit pictures and dev blog things coming out around this time in the patch cycle.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

drat, I didn't even realize it was next week already.

...I should probably get Sigmascape Normal done, huh?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Maaan, I have ten levels of Pagos to crank out this weekend so I'm not completely left behind and I am not looking forward to it.

Like, even more than I'm normally not looking forward to Pagos.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

don't want to fall behind on your slamming-your-genitals-into-a-car-door quota

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
why am i helping this man make wine as an angry god prepares to descend on limsa lominsa

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Charlie Bobson posted:

why am i helping this man make wine as an angry god prepares to descend on limsa lominsa

Because wine rules.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rainuwastaken posted:

Maaan, I have ten levels of Pagos to crank out this weekend so I'm not completely left behind and I am not looking forward to it.

Like, even more than I'm normally not looking forward to Pagos.

I have not even bothered with Pagos after entering it one time to see what the relics looked like (they wanted me to participate in the bullshit before that was even an option, so I peaced out).

I feel liberated.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I guess it is time for me to do the 4.3 dungeon :sigh:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Thundarr posted:

I have not even bothered with Pagos after entering it one time to see what the relics looked like (they wanted me to participate in the bullshit before that was even an option, so I peaced out).

At this point I'm not really thinking about completing the relic, but I'm in it for the scraps of story and because my friends are all doing it. It's less "eureka is fun" at this point and more "hanging out with my friends is fun, and they're doing eureka".

World War Mammories posted:

don't want to fall behind on your slamming-your-genitals-into-a-car-door quota

Kinkshaming is not cool, friend

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Jose Valasquez posted:

I guess it is time for me to do the 4.3 dungeon :sigh:

it's ok Swallow's Compass is aesthetic as gently caress

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

At this point I'm not really thinking about completing the relic, but I'm in it for the scraps of story and because my friends are all doing it. It's less "eureka is fun" at this point and more "hanging out with my friends is fun, and they're doing eureka".

Kinkshaming is not cool, friend

If chain-grinding 10 levels in Pagos in a single weekend with your buddies is fun, then have at it.

I imagine I would have had a fine time if I had a set group of people to chain mobs and do logs with. Every pubbie party I tried to join didn't know what the hell they were doing and the level spread was always too large to get any progress made.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
im gonna fight titan finally and im really excited

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rainuwastaken posted:

I'm in it for the scraps of story

Calling the story of Eureka "scraps" is giving it too much credit.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Charlie Bobson posted:

im gonna fight titan finally and im really excited

titan is one of the best ARR primal fights so enjoy it!

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
titan was extremely cool and had very good music and was probably worth doing the company of heroes quests

this is a good video game

edit: did titan again because he was so cool, and would like to reaffirm that the music is extremely sick. it changing every time titan powerbombs the party is probably the best thing in any video game ever

Charlie Bobson fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 12, 2018

Makarov_
Jun 10, 2006

"It's our year" - Makarov_ January 2018
This is my first time playing a game in the FF franchise, and I decided to go with White Mage initially. A problem I've run into is recognizing debuffs I can cure with Esuna. The group window is small, and I don't know what all the icons are even if I could see them well. I'm going to try enlarging the group window with the HUD utility.

That aside, I've had party members tell me I should see a blue line above debuffs that are curable. I've seen screenshots of HUDs with that, but it definitely doesn't appear on my default HUD. Is there a HUD mod for healers anyone would recommend? Now that I'm past level 40, I have more abilities (including solo pet stuff) than can fit on two action toolbars. Can you recommend a setup that will let me display 3 at the same time?

Truga posted:

Crowd control is a hosed if you do, hosed if you don't situation, it's either useless or it gets overpowered because people find the best uses quickly and abuse them as much as they can. I think FF14 doesn't have groups big enough to be worth it anyway though, having a sleepbot casting sleep on poo poo repeatedly means losing like 20% of your aoe dps in dungeons because groups are only 4 size. Maybe if each single monster was too dangerous so you had to kill them one by one by sleeping the rest, but that doesn't sound fun and makes all the aoe skills useless instead.

On the other end of the spectrum, I used to play D&D online and one of the optimal strategies for most endgame dungeons was having a wizard with mass hold that made everything not move and get auto-crit on every attack as per helpless rules, and then the group held their attack button through the dungeon with heavy picks because they have x4 crit multiplier, doing hilarious dps in complete safety as long as the monsters weren't immune to hold or had too high will saves. Turbine tried to combat it with immune special enemies and bosses, but people would just bring 5 people that are optimal for the boss and CC the entire rest of the dungeon with the 6th anyway.

My first mmorpg was EQ, and I played an Enchanter (I quit when they completely nerfed charm xp circa OOW expansion). Since that game's general model was group of players beating on one mob until it died, crowd control was a welcome role in groups, and one I enjoyed playing. There was some raid content where the class was pretty much a mana battery, others where it was required for crowd control, and still others where utilizing charm would help a less well geared raid defeat things they otherwise would struggle with. Anyway, I loved the class and role.

Of course, if you're going with smaller groups (EQ was 6 iirc, WoW was 5, and I see FF is 4), having a dedicated CC class doesn't make much sense. I guess that's why BLM and WHM both get a sleep spell.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Makarov_ posted:

This is my first time playing a game in the FF franchise, and I decided to go with White Mage initially. A problem I've run into is recognizing debuffs I can cure with Esuna. The group window is small, and I don't know what all the icons are even if I could see them well. I'm going to try enlarging the group window with the HUD utility.

That aside, I've had party members tell me I should see a blue line above debuffs that are curable. I've seen screenshots of HUDs with that, but it definitely doesn't appear on my default HUD. Is there a HUD mod for healers anyone would recommend? Now that I'm past level 40, I have more abilities (including solo pet stuff) than can fit on two action toolbars. Can you recommend a setup that will let me display 3 at the same time?

You can make stuff in the HUD larger, including buff/debuff bars. Everything you need for that is under HUD Layout in the esc menu.

Once you've selected an element IIRC the gear next to the dropdown is where you go to manipulate that element's settings.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I saw someone cast sleep on a pagos dragon and was surprised because I think it's been years since I last saw someone cast it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There's a Doom you can only cure by healing the person to max hp, a Doom you can remove with esuna, and a Doom you can only remove by standing in certain areas.

The difference between these is 'gently caress you read a guide'.

Part of being healer is you are just going to make everyone wipe sometimes because you didn't psychically know you needed a specific role action.

Probably in Sastasha Hard

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 12, 2018

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

The blue line signifying a debuf is cleanseable is part of the stock UI, you cannot turn it off.

Astroniomix fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 12, 2018

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Astroniomix posted:

The blue line signifying a debuf is cleanable is part of the stock UI, you cannot turn it off.

Yeah it's pretty clearly visible too - if you have to actively search for it, it's not there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Here's a comparison from the Sacred Texts: