Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausl...d1-66d685391c6f

Everything about this is loving incredible.

Obligatory watch Merkel start a loving war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Antigravitas posted:

It has Tom Clancy in it. Of course it's fascist as hell.

I'll have you know that Ubisoft made it very clear that Tom Clancy's The Division 2 contains no politics whatsoever.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012

GhostDog posted:

I'll have you know that Ubisoft makes it very clear that Tom Clancy's The Division 2 contains no politics whatsoever.

It's as unpolitical as Metal Gear is

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Sereri posted:

Not even in South America are germans welcome any more.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Sereri posted:

lmao

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I totally believe they aren't putting in "politics", in that their games never have the slightest hint of an actual political stance and everything is a grey centrist mush. For them, "politics" means anything potentially controversial that isn't a marketing instrument. An unaccountable fascist militia murdering undesirables is not controversial to them.

They are no Disco Elysium, to put it mildly.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

So, should I just buy Disco Elysium while it's on sale even though I'm still binging RDR2 and also have the Deus Ex series to play through (and have to resist the urge to reinstall Baldur's Gate 2 for the umpteenth time)?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
My parents in Stralsund just informed me that as per administration, legally it would be permissible for me to make the train trip from Mönchengladbach to them for easter.

They're of course super understanding that i said no, but GODDAMN that was hard.

:negative:

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
Social isolation game for me is gonna be Sea of Thieves with friends so that at least online we can get drunk, eat unpeeled bananas and shoot ourselves out of cannons

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

System Metternich posted:

So, should I just buy Disco Elysium while it's on sale even though I'm still binging RDR2 and also have the Deus Ex series to play through (and have to resist the urge to reinstall Baldur's Gate 2 for the umpteenth time)?

Yes.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

My pitch for Disco Elysium would be: Did you like Planescape: Torment, but not the combat? Try this game.

Also, don't savescum.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

No idea if there's a better thread for this, but given the deutsch-türkische relationship, this one's probably fine for it:

https://ahvalnews-com.cdn.ampprojec...p-live-blog?amp

quote:

As the mayor of the largest city in Europe, although I have been calling for days, nobody from the central government has answered.

edit:

does anyone know if turkish boomers are more or less fascist than the youth there?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I saw a Krimi set in Stralsund the other day, seems like a dangerous place tbh

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yes buy Disco Elysium

You ever play Divinity: Original Sin? If not, at least play the 2nd game, because it's one of the best CRPGs out there. It's pretty decoupled from the 1st one anyway so you won't be missing out on much

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Do you need a PC for Disco Elysium? I loved Planescape but I only have a PS4 and an old MacBook/iPad now.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
They're working on PS4/Xbox ports, supposedly coming this year.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

I'm a simple man, I hear "It's like Planescape: Torment", I hit the buy button. Thanks guys!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

still binging RDR2
'sup :clint::hf::clint:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I also recommend Deep Rock Galactic for quarantine to get an accurate simulation of working in mine.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Zwille posted:

Downloaded The Division 2 on PS4 yesterday because a buddy kept bugging me and we started the campaign. It’s great! Love closing car doors and vaulting over cover. The whole „militia clears up neighborhoods“ shtick feels borderline fascist though. But oh well.

Playing the Division in Pandemic Isolation is not going to improve your mood. 2 has a lot less virus related story so you should be good. But don't play 1, it is basically a documentary at this point.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Mithaldu posted:

No idea if there's a better thread for this, but given the deutsch-türkische relationship, this one's probably fine for it:

edit:

does anyone know if turkish boomers are more or less fascist than the youth there?

Istanbul's mayor is not from the AKP, draw your own conclusions from it.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Healbot posted:

Istanbul's mayor is not from the AKP, draw your own conclusions from it.

That tells me the city is anti-erdogan, but not what the demographics in the city look like. :)

oliwan posted:

I saw a Krimi set in Stralsund the other day, seems like a dangerous place tbh

did you hear about the Fisch-Brötchen-Boot-Bombings?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Mithaldu posted:

That tells me the city is anti-erdogan, but not what the demographics in the city look like. :)

If the rest of the country is anything to go by, Istanbul also skews pretty young.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doing remote learning really shows you how bad many adults are at emailing and basic decency when they write.

I mean, we get angry with the students when they send bad emails, but holy drat the parents are literally worse. And I'm not talking about parents with a Migrationshintergrund or anything like that who have difficulties with the language or cultural norms.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

Doing remote learning really shows you how bad many adults are at emailing and basic decency when they write.

I mean, we get angry with the students when they send bad emails, but holy drat the parents are literally worse. And I'm not talking about parents with a Migrationshintergrund or anything like that who have difficulties with the language or cultural norms.

The golden rule of business/official e-mail writing:
Never write an e-mail you do not want to see read out in open court.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Cool Disco Elysium is getting a port! Thanks for the info!

Hopper posted:

Playing the Division in Pandemic Isolation is not going to improve your mood. 2 has a lot less virus related story so you should be good. But don't play 1, it is basically a documentary at this point.

Haha yeah I thought the same at the TD2 intro. Its got me intrigued to pick up part 1 after I finish 2 but I bet the story is nothing to write home about anyway. That and I got Doom to play as well.

Saw someone carrying TP from a dm so there’s still stores with supply. Most Discounters had like 3 or 4 people waiting outside though so I didn’t go to check. Super weird to see. Lots of masks, like 10% of people outside wear them. Anyone figure out which times are best for shopping yet?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Try academic staff. JFC.

The worst are the people who can't write new emails. They necro years old mail chains, reuse the subject, and write about something entirely different. Typically "please call me" and nothing else.

Also, the people who do screenshots by putting them in .docx files. gently caress those people, seriously.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Zwille posted:

Anyone figure out which times are best for shopping yet?

21:30 for me. I don't need TP right now and most stores don't carry rye flour anyway.

Either that or go early, but half an hour after opening.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I bought a package of TP when we were down to 2 rolls 2 weeks ago and still haven't had to open it. Not sure what the panic is all about. Maybe don't mash 20 plies into a ball to wipe your rear end ?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

The Real around the corner has two gigantic signs at the entrance: one that admonishes people who hamstern, and another that... encourages people to stock up now and not to buy stuff all at once on Gründonnerstag.... :psyduck:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sereri posted:

I bought a package of TP when we were down to 2 rolls 2 weeks ago and still haven't had to open it. Not sure what the panic is all about. Maybe don't mash 20 plies into a ball to wipe your rear end ?

I don't get it either, op. Someone should do a study on this. Maybe the softer toilet paper has a lot less squares per roll? It's a very interesting subject

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Sereri posted:

Short version: There is no panic.

Home use TP and office/public use TP are different products, shipped in differnt formats, made by different companies, who buy raw materials from different companies.

And right now people are making GBS threads at home in such huge amounts that home use TP is actually short, and office/public use TP can't be rerouted into super markets easily.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

We skated by on two packs for the last three weeks or so but now that we actually need it it's hard to find. IDK, it's not terrible if we don't find any but it's gonna be annoying to shower/douche after every poo poo without a bidet.

I sorta wanna camp out at a store on Gründonnerstag with a hazmat and just watch the carnage. Has anyone pitched this as a TV event to a Sender? Now that we don't have Bundesliga anymore we need a different kind of gladiatorenspiel. I think the Zeit is reif.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zwille posted:

We skated by on two packs for the last three weeks or so but now that we actually need it it's hard to find. IDK, it's not terrible if we don't find any but it's gonna be annoying to shower/douche after every poo poo without a bidet.

I sorta wanna camp out at a store on Gründonnerstag with a hazmat and just watch the carnage. Has anyone pitched this as a TV event to a Sender? Now that we don't have Bundesliga anymore we need a different kind of gladiatorenspiel. I think the Zeit is reif.

I've seen a lot of toilet paper for sale in small corner shops, fruit and vegetable sellers stands and especially Spätis... have you checked those?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

We don't have that many corner shops here, but I'll check the lone Turkish supermarket if Metro fails to deliver, yeah. It's kinda funny because I never got TP there before and I'm 69% sure they don't even have TP anyway.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Mithaldu posted:

edit:

much like the youth, they are multifaceted and not all the same

hope this helps op

edit: depends more on location than age in this case. Istanbul is currently progressive. Guess that's the reason they get no help.

Haramstufe Rot fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 3, 2020

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
never let an opportunity to murder your enemies through inaction go to waste I guess

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
welp,

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

yeah that's my loving urlaub

speaking of corona, I read these threads all day, and everytime I see something that makes my stomach just drop, like total despair

not liking this lol

edit: the good thing is rum and coke, two actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Pretty sure I can survive until way after Easter without leaving the shelter now.