Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
if it’s authenticity was in question why would Stalin Zinoviev and them have allowed those readings considering how critical it was of them? you characterized it as fawning but even Trotsky caught some heat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
everything that you agree with is real and true. anything that you disagree with is fake and a CIA op

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

apropos to nothing posted:

everything that you agree with is real and true. anything that you disagree with is fake and a CIA op

:hmmyes:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Deified Data posted:

Here's a thing--

Lenin's last testament reads as fake as hell to me, especially the weird fawning over Trotsky. Is there any proof of its legitimacy?

iirc it wasn't very fawning, like it criticized trotsky for being bad at politics and said that stalin should be replaced with someone exactly like stalin but nicer (this is part of what makes me think it was genuine, lenin and stalin clashed a lot over stalin enforcing the doctors' orders that post-stroke lenin stay away from politics)

its provenance was weird enough that trotsky disclamed or ignored it until the late thirties or something like that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ferrinus posted:

trotsky disclamed or ignored it until the late thirties or something like that

he changed his opinion when it was convenient?? :monocle:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

indigi posted:

he changed his opinion when it was convenient?? :monocle:

he was simply engaged in the proven marxist-leninist practice of adapting tactics to changing material conditions

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Hey can anyone help me out with a recommendation for a documentary film about Marx? Ideally would like something that's more a documentary film style rather than lecture. From my searching so far, these seem like the most promising Youtube options I could find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FaOKNpAiIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6TZi9w6j-A

Also see that Netflix has some options (series called Genius of the Modern World with an ep about Marx, a doc called The Russian Revolution, and one on Piketty's Capital in the 21st Century), as does Amazon (series called "Red Chapters: Turning Points in the History of Communism") but tbh I'm more skeptical of the content on these platforms than what might be found on youtube...

I know that the quality/reliability will be less for a documentary film than for a lecture (which will be less than reading about Marx and less than reading Marx himself) but I'm looking to radicalize some friends/family so the accessibility of a doc film is very appealing

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Hey can anyone help me out with a recommendation for a documentary film about Marx? Ideally would like something that's more a documentary film style rather than lecture. From my searching so far, these seem like the most promising Youtube options I could find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FaOKNpAiIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6TZi9w6j-A

Also see that Netflix has some options (series called Genius of the Modern World with an ep about Marx, a doc called The Russian Revolution, and one on Piketty's Capital in the 21st Century), as does Amazon (series called "Red Chapters: Turning Points in the History of Communism") but tbh I'm more skeptical of the content on these platforms than what might be found on youtube...

I know that the quality/reliability will be less for a documentary film than for a lecture (which will be less than reading about Marx and less than reading Marx himself) but I'm looking to radicalize some friends/family so the accessibility of a doc film is very appealing

Watch the anime op

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

everything is real and true, especially the fake cia ops i disagree with.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Flavius can suck my whole sack if you ask this hefty gamer. Why must you keep posting in a thread where everyone hates you lol. Are you nostalgic for being bullied as a kid.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

welcome back larry

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the mods do indeed suck

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

ah, it worked

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
if you like the mods so much maybe you should go join their polycule

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

It's NOT opposite day and the mods are NOT pedophiles

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

if you like the mods so much maybe you should go join their polycule

big talk from the pro genocide denial guy

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Happy lenin birthday

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
im all about denying genocide all the time. i do it while i worship hitler in the pink forum and suck off trotskys corpse. however tomorrow i will be sober madame, while you will still be sucking up to the moderators on the something awful irreverent politics discussion forum

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

im all about denying genocide all the time. i do it while i worship hitler in the pink forum and suck off trotskys corpse. however tomorrow i will be sober madame, while you will still be sucking up to the moderators on the something awful irreverent politics discussion forum

you're like, i fully believe a genocide is ongoing, but because of my commitment to liberal values, i will defend to the death your right to deny it

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

ok I'll bite. what's the pink forum?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
you should want me banned for my counter revolutionary thinking then. why dont you ask the mods to ban me while you gyrate your rear end for their amusement?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

you should want me banned for my counter revolutionary thinking then. why dont you ask the mods to ban me while you gyrate your rear end for their amusement?

i think you should stop making excuses for peoples' bigotry just because they happen to be your friends, since that is one of the principal types of liberalism

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Ferrinus posted:

i think you should stop making excuses for peoples' bigotry just because they happen to be your friends, since that is one of the principal types of liberalism

dude, you used to post in fyad when it was far more bigoted than today’s posters could ever hope to be. glass houses bitch

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

Ferrinus posted:

go back to the dungeons and dragons forum you freakin dsa nerd

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
guy who actually defends ethnic cleansing enraged over the use of a bad word

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
wei zhili is a liberal too and pneumoconiosis is one of the principal types of liberalism

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

a Loving Dog posted:

dude, you used to post in fyad when it was far more bigoted than today’s posters could ever hope to be. glass houses bitch

i don't know or care what people post in fyad now, i'm talking about this very thread

guy who actually defends ethnic cleansing enraged over the use of a bad word

but of the two of us, YOU'RE the one who thinks it's very important that people be allowed to defend ethnic cleansing. frankly i don't understand why you're not standing up for the cincinnati polycule, who were in effect "probated" by the dsa "mods" for merely sheltering an abuser

THS
Sep 15, 2017

there are no non-racial slurs on a forum this loaded with queer people on the autism spectrum

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

wait this is about “retard”? lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ferrinus posted:

i don't know or care what people post in fyad now, i'm talking about this very thread

but of the two of us, YOU'RE the one who thinks it's very important that people be allowed to defend ethnic cleansing. frankly i don't understand why you're not standing up for the cincinnati polycule, who were in effect "probated" by the dsa "mods" for merely sheltering an abuser

lmao

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
je suis en retard

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

also xinjiang apparently???

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Larry Parrish posted:

Flavius can suck my whole sack if you ask this hefty gamer. Why must you keep posting in a thread where everyone hates you lol. Are you nostalgic for being bullied as a kid.

co-signed

my copy of jakarta method showed up and i am excite

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Dreylad posted:

je suis en retard

me as well, very late

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!
i'm not sure what this is about, but for the common good, i will distract ferrinus

so I'm thinking about not taking a to hit bonus in 4e...

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

why are people so attached to wanting to say this word?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Dreylad posted:

je suis en retard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImnsZdOfDGA

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

PopZeus posted:

they simply love free speech, unregulated markets, etc

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

france, you’re cancelled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

PopZeus posted:

what word