Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

Makarov_ posted:

Thancred is a loving spy. I just know it. I've known it since he tried to pin the homeless murders on an innocent priest. And then conveniently was late to like 18 fights.

I recommend that you keep an eye on thancred

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
lol It's fun seeing people going through the plot for the first time.

I like all of the plot points that happen in the 2.X series but man does it move at a glacier's pace. They got so much better at patch story pacing after HW. So even if you have a difficult time getting through it, stick with it, because Heavensward is absolutely amazing.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
4.4 Tomestone gear

New minion

New emote

And new hurrrr

Also the Gold Saucer is getting a jumping puzzle

isk fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Sep 13, 2018

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Monks getting tonfa weapons, neat!

Where's my staff for Dragoon, SE?? I'm sick of rocking the mythrite pugil stick.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
That axe is almost of an appropriate size and heft.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

The Doomhammer posted:

Where's my staff for Dragoon, SE?? I'm sick of rocking the mythrite pugil stick.

Yes, Tonfas are great, I approve.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

isk posted:

Also the Gold Saucer is getting a jumping puzzle

I see this and get hyped and then I remember how poo poo jumping in this game is :negative:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

I see this and get hyped and then I remember how poo poo jumping in this game is :negative:

:same:

I'd be all over it in GW2 eg., but oh well.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

can't wait to slam my face into the wall to correct my jumps again

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

isk posted:

New minion

Perfect minion for cosplaying The Tick.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Doomhammer posted:

If you got some promotional gear from a while back you could have gotten a Monkey King-style staff for DRG :v:

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

If you got some promotional gear from a while back you could have gotten a Monkey King-style staff for DRG :v:

Yeah, I saw that trawling through the equipment database and got real excited for a moment. Honestly I don't think that promotion was ever even available here.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
That gear looks nice, I look forward to getting it in 5.0 :woop:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really hope the capy minion is from something reasonable and not Eureka.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ah, can't wait to purchase and wear another loving white robe. C'mon, SE!

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Did they change the crystal tower 24man unlock quests yet or is that still an upcoming thing?

This question was from a couple pages ago but this is changing literally on tuesday.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Vermain posted:

Ah, can't wait to purchase and wear another loving white robe. C'mon, SE!

It wouldn't be so bad if they actually dyed well, but the way they set up the colors of most robes/healer gear, you can dye it non-white, except your robe now looks awful :(

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That tome gear looks really generic. And that emote looks like... normal lala standing pose?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

That gear is dope as hell imo, especially the WAR stuff

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Thundarr posted:

That tome gear looks really generic. And that emote looks like... normal lala standing pose?

Arms positions look different. Gotta see them in motion still. If the head sways around like default Lala sitting pose, that'll be rad.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thundarr posted:

The emote's the dainty arm-swinging, head-bobbing move you sometimes see Tataru doing.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
omg shifting altars looks rad

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Sade posted:

This question was from a couple pages ago but this is changing literally on tuesday.

Oh nice. That will be a really nice change for newer players not having to go through that garbage questline to unlock it.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Well, I’m glad I’m getting MNK to 70 right now cause yhose tonfa are cool, just 5 more level.

I did want to ask about rotation and tackles, it seems like the riddles are mostly there to give you a refresh on greased lightning, is that accurate? Also, when does tornado kick get used in practice because it feels like the answer is “Tornado kick when you can perfect balance back to 3 stacks quickly,” but I save PB for getting back greased lightning after a boss shift phases and I can’t hit them for a while. Should I start using riddles to keep up greased lightning in between phases and tornado kick when PB is off cooldown?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Tornado Kick is basically for when you know the boss will jump shortly and be gone long enough that you will lose your stacks anyway. It isn't a great skill.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

isk posted:

4.4 Tomestone gear

Oh imagine that. The healer gear is a giant boring white robe. Again.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I hope the tank/DRG/NIN head pieces have appropriate /visors.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Regarding Alphascape on the 4.4 site:

quote:

Omega's trials proceed apace. Of the eighty-nine combatants in Psi group, four emerged victorious. Of those four, one proved itself the mightiest entity of the last remaining test world. Can the Warrior of Light overcome this final champion, and bring an end to Omega's harrowing experiments?

So they make it pretty clear that Chaos is the final champion. That only further goes to confirm it Chaos -> Middy -> Omega -> Adam/Eve

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
If I played a healer I think I'd be pretty bummed feeling like all my gear was always just "caster gear but colored white."

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

If I played a healer I think I'd be pretty bummed feeling like all my gear was always just "caster gear but colored white."

You can actually find a lot more variety elsewhere... but you need to dig through dungeons and raids to get any of it.

Makarov_
Jun 10, 2006

"It's our year" - Makarov_ January 2018

The Grimace posted:

lol It's fun seeing people going through the plot for the first time.

I like all of the plot points that happen in the 2.X series but man does it move at a glacier's pace. They got so much better at patch story pacing after HW. So even if you have a difficult time getting through it, stick with it, because Heavensward is absolutely amazing.

I outleveled the main story quest somewhere before level 30 - I'm between Titan and the next primal (Garuda, I think), and am currently level 42 (quests are 36). I can only do so many FedEx quests before I want to play the actual game. That isn't necessarily bad, is it?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Makarov_ posted:

I outleveled the main story quest somewhere before level 30 - I'm between Titan and the next primal (Garuda, I think), and am currently level 42 (quests are 36). I can only do so many FedEx quests before I want to play the actual game. That isn't necessarily bad, is it?

The more you outlevel the game the less you'll have to run PotD later

this is an objectively good thing

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Makarov_ posted:

You're ahead of the curve in a good way. There's no quests between 43 and 46, so being able to not have to farm, sit in POTD, purposely go out of your way to do FATEs, etc, the better.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Whoops I've mostly been leveling and forgot my main class isn't 355 (it's 350) gonna have to try and grind that out this weekend

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Makarov_ posted:

Yeah, there's a wall in the mid-40's most people slam into where the game just decides, "Cool, go grind dungeons for a few levels. I got nothin'." Thankfully most people these days are overleveled enough to make it just a short stumble, but back in the day it was brutal if you weren't taking it slow and massively overleveling via daily roulettes.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

God I remember trying to get into FATE trains in North Thanalan so that I could finally hit 50. It was either that or do dungeons that didn’t give that much exp!

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

I was really over-leveled in this game when I first started out, because I hadn't played MMO's before, didn't realize the MSQ was even a thing, & didn't bother to accept one of the MSQ's around Lv 12, thinking it was just another sidequest. Oops. I was doing my class/job quests at least, and never had to grind levels to be able to accept the next quest.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SettingSun posted:

God I remember trying to get into FATE trains in North Thanalan so that I could finally hit 50. It was either that or do dungeons that didn’t give that much exp!

Dark Devices spawned!

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Don't forget Dzamael Darkhold first room runs. What fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

While nobody but me shall care, I finally gave into my fantasia addiction.

Yes, yes this will do.