Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Typo posted:

psyched for moore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

idk I don't think that's really a thing? we don't put up statues of hirohito and dress up like kyokujitsuki kamikaze pilots for edginess

western discourse about nanjing is almost entirely out of ignorance, not irreverence

we are happy enough to, in ignorance, consume without question anime that endorses the Japanese narrative that they did nothing wrong and the Chinese were guilty of everything

We're horrified that they have Hitler selfie stations, imagine how the Chinese feel about seeing western media giving glowing reviews to the numerous Japanese Military WW2 Anime We Did Nothing Wrong animes

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
im hanging out with my cousin form out of town who is like 9 years my junior who stopped by for the weekend. im so proud of him! He rules. suck my cumshit haters woollooooo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

Also Moore, as Epic High Five says, is a total wildcard.

He's not going to swallow leadership's line and will not play ball.

And probably does not give a rat's rear end about committee appointments or fundraising so how do you corral him?

blackmailing him about his pedophilia, presumably

except he just proved he doesn't care about that so uh

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
do you think he would rape a page while in the senate?

if he does does he lose re-election?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Agrajag posted:

u implying indonesia had a hand in the holocaust?

we helped suharto murder a lotta mother fukken corpses

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

SKULL.GIF posted:

idk I don't think that's really a thing? we don't put up statues of hirohito and dress up like kyokujitsuki kamikaze pilots for edginess

western discourse about nanjing is almost entirely out of ignorance, not irreverence

heres the thing i bet you they dont teach about the holocaust in se asia or in asia

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
A 50/50 senate in 2019 where Moore refuses to vote for McConnell as majority leader would be fuckin lit

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

we are happy enough to, in ignorance, consume without question anime that endorses the Japanese narrative that they did nothing wrong and the Chinese were guilty of everything

We're horrified that they have Hitler selfie stations, imagine how the Chinese feel about seeing western media giving glowing reviews to the numerous Japanese Military WW2 Anime We Did Nothing Wrong animes

i can think of one anime in particular that's especially bad about this, and china watches it and laughs their rear end off mostly

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

cumshitter posted:

im hanging out with my cousin form out of town who is like 9 years my junior who stopped by for the weekend. im so proud of him! He rules. suck my cumshit haters woollooooo

your cuz is just using you to get connections in the industry hes gonna steall all the cum bec careufl :ohdear:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

like, even if Moore wins, it is emphatically not a victory for the Senate Republicans. It's a huge loss but with an asterisk, the kind that has them wondering with a blue dog wouldn't have been better

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

There are so many examples of Asians not knowing Hitler is objectionable

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

this is pretty but its too fast

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

that said doug jones winning would be cool and that would be the preferable option

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

considering he appears, from everything I've seen, to be a profoundly decent human being if nothing else

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

why hasn't this thread been named Super Badass Statue of Hitler yet

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

like, even if Moore wins, it is emphatically not a victory for the Senate Republicans. It's a huge loss but with an asterisk, the kind that has them wondering with a blue dog wouldn't have been better

i'm still rooting for the guy who hates the kkk over the pedo though

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Epic High Five posted:

also japan's memorials to known war criminals

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

A 50/50 senate in 2019 where Moore refuses to vote for McConnell as majority leader would be fuckin lit

he's literally campaigning on not voting for him as leader btw

this is not a hypothetical beyond the min/maxing

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

this is pretty but its too fast

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

same

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Agrajag posted:

wow way to open up the whole confederate statues arguement again

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jeb! Repetition posted:

japan specifically is extremely conflicted about ww2 for very obvious reasons

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

McConnell's situation right now is like, imagine you're a hiring manager

2 months ago you interviewed 2 people and one said he'd do everythign you said and the other said he would key your car and gently caress your wife

management forced you to advance the 2nd one

now you're forced by management to support the 2nd one over an unknown who may actually be in agreement more with you, but if you supported him your career would end

basically he's probably praying for death

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Jeb! Repetition posted:

their hitler/nazis was the japanese emperor and his imperial army

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Agrajag posted:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Video of Hannity being told/realizing he hosed Moore's chances completely by accident
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRj2-pFj5rA&t=1088s

I love how the ALERT snaps up the second Geraldo questions Hannity.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yinlock posted:

japan specifically is extremely conflicted about ww2 for very obvious reasons

wouldn't say they're conflicted even, really. They treat the Rape of Nanking about as gently as conservatives by and large have treated the fact that their boy Roy is a lovely old pedo.

that is to say they believe there's nothing wrong with what happened.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

2 months ago you interviewed 2 people and one said he'd do everythign you said and the other said he would key your car and gently caress your wife

now you're forced by management to support the 2nd one over an unknown who may actually be in agreement more with you, but if you supported him your career would end

my gut instinct is that jones would probably vote with manchin like 100% of the time

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
there's literally no other way this ends than moore getting elected to the Senate.

i was predicting a dem pickup in december, but in light of all of the allegations, he will definitely win the seat. trust me I'm from Alabama.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

this is a really confused analogy

mcconnell is the management. he and the lobbyists pushed for luther strange. the customers screamed nonstop for roy moore (the candidate who said he'd key&gently caress)

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

this is a really confused analogy

mcconnell is the management. he and the lobbyists pushed for luther strange. the customers screamed nonstop for roy moore (the candidate who said he'd key&gently caress)

eh, the donors are really management.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

FAUXTON posted:

wouldn't say they're conflicted even, really. They treat the Rape of Nanking about as gently as conservatives by and large have treated the fact that their boy Roy is a lovely old pedo.

that is to say they believe there's nothing wrong with what happened.

also not many people even know about the occupation of hong kong which was then under the rule of the uk? iirc

also im pretty sure south korea was occupied by japan too

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

like, the democrats, schumer/pelosi are kind of management.

in the GOP the wealthy people are management

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
the analogy is that a kid toucher will be a senator

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Doug should be Senator, but he won't because Alabama is a terrible state that should be destroyed

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Schnorkles posted:

in the GOP the wealthy people are management

I promise you the same is true for the current democrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

my gut instinct is that jones would probably vote with manchin like 100% of the time

Jones is more progressive in his policies than Manchin, but yeah I'm kind of inclined to agree

As someone in a red state with a Dem Senator and seeing how they act and the positions they take, I don't actually think Doug Jones' positions on a livable wage and civil rights will translate to anything meaningful, as unfair as it may be given his history

maybe I'm just a bit of a cynic

• Locked thread