Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flameingblack posted:

Well I messed up the time zone! It's 4:00 AM EST on Monday morning.

Will there be a replay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Lots of fun matches on there that I wanna see. :toot:

LET'S GO GOTO, I CAN BELIEVE!!! :(

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

Will there be a replay?
If they choose to, they can leave a recording of it up. I have no idea if they'll do that or not.

Giant Bomb also uses UStream for their paid subscription service, and last time I was a member, the old recordings were up. There's a password protecting the stream, but a link will authorize you through so you can watch. In theory, if you just had the password you wouldn't have to pay at all :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
DDT Spoilers:
El Generico defeats Kota Ibushi for the KO-D Championship via BRAINBUSTAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! in a 20 minute match

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Today is a good day.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Flameingblack posted:

DDT Spoilers:
El Generico defeats Kota Ibushi for the KO-D Championship via BRAINBUSTAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! in a 20 minute match

When will this be available/on Youtube/whatever

I must see it!

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Is anyone gonna make a thread for the New Japan iPPV? I would but I don't have the time right now. Granted it'll be on during the middle of the night/early morning for everyone here, so I don't know if it'd be worth the effort.

E: nevermind, October 8th not 1st :doh:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lloyd Boner posted:

Is anyone gonna make a thread for the New Japan iPPV? I would but I don't have the time right now. Granted it'll be on during the middle of the night/early morning for everyone here, so I don't know if it'd be worth the effort.
There might only be five or six of us who would watch it anyway, let alone at 4AM on a monday morning.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

quote:

In case you missed it today only use coupon code PACKERS to get 28% off your entire order at http://ivpvideos.com

That's a lot of percents. And there's a lot of good DVDs to buy, too!

Here's what I'm gettin:
Michinoku Pro Mask Tournament 1999 (Sasuke beats the poo poo out of Dirtbike Kid)
Best of Tanahashi
Pro Wrestling WAVE~
6 whole discs of Joshi
DDT vs Dragon Gate
Some BJW Deathmatches

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I believe Jerry Lynn also worked one of those Michinoku Pro tourneys as Gorgon Cross. It's an interesting idea, but I don't think the US guys enjoyed working them much.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Lynn was in the '95 tourney. Sadly the '99 iteration was a drop-off, though it does contain said historic rear end-beating.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
This week's IVP Freebie

code:
BEST OF MICHINOKU PRO VOL.1

Great Sasuke/El Gran Hamada vs. El Signo/El Rudo (3/16/1993)
Super Delfin vs. Great Sasuke (7/24/1993)
Great Sasuke/Sato vs. Super Delpin/Gran Naniwa (7/26/1993)
Great Sasuke/Sato/TAKA Michinoku vs. Super Delfin/Jinsei Shinzaki/Gran Naiwa (8/19/1993)
Great Sasuke vs. Shiningami (8/20/1993)
Great Sasuke vs. Super Delfin (8/24/1993)
Super Delfin vs. Sato (9/28/1993)
Great Sasuke/Atsushi Onita vs. Jinsei Shinzaki/Mr. Pogo (9/28/1993)
Super Delfin vs. Sato (12/10/1993)
http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=9281?osCsid=74d5d0787e01acfb0d4fbdd1df1e4ae7

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Sato was amazingly smooth, if you've never seen a Dick Togo match from before he lost his mask you should probably check this poo poo out.

Delfin Army wasn't quite as awesome rudo-wise as Kaientai turned out to be a few years later but I still smile whenever I see the Chikara folks break out one of their old spots. Fun fact: Naniwa was only 16 years old during his matches on this comp.

Oh god, I'm so on this once I get home. Thanks a bunch.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Amazing comp. I'm still surprised how much m-pro holds up and how young Naniwa was and how good he got so quickly.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kota Ibushi won the DDT 2012 Election, therefor he gets a title match against El Generico.

I tried to get that M-Pro compilation to work on my computer but it wouldn't. I've downloaded dozens of others and had no problem. :smith:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Flameingblack posted:

Kota Ibushi won the DDT 2012 Election, therefor he gets a title match against El Generico.

I tried to get that M-Pro compilation to work on my computer but it wouldn't. I've downloaded dozens of others and had no problem. :smith:

Check the file size to make sure the download didn't terminate before it was finished. I had that happen to me once and had to redownload.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
That whole MPro set is awesome anyway. $30 for the 12 discs of the best MPro matches is pretty great. Even 15 years later, they hold up great, and nothing else for me has really hit the greatness of one of their multimans.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Amazing comp. I'm still surprised how much m-pro holds up and how young Naniwa was and how good he got so quickly.

I never saw Sasuke in his prime, but holy poo poo.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Willninho posted:

That whole MPro set is awesome anyway.
Word. I got rid of my VHS tapes ages ago and stopped collecting matches / shows after my last hard drive crash (and the rise of "every capped match eventually ends up on Youtube or Dailymotion"), but I think I'm gonna have to get this at some point. There's simply nothing else that fills me with as much nostalgia, if there's one thing I want to be able to pull off a shelf and show someone to explain what I've obsessed over for the last 15 years it's 90s MPro.

Aubergine Mage posted:

I never saw Sasuke in his prime, but holy poo poo.
Now watch his match against Onita from that time and realize he's always been as nuts as he is today, it's simply that the craziness began to shine through more once his athleticism decreased.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 4, 2012

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Illinois Smith posted:

Word. I got rid of my VHS tapes ages ago and stopped collecting matches / shows after my last hard drive crash (and the rise of "every capped match eventually ends up on Youtube or Dailymotion"), but I think I'm gonna have to get this at some point. There's simply nothing else that fills me with as much nostalgia, if there's one thing I want to be able to pull off a shelf and show someone to explain what I've obsessed over for the last 15 years it's 90s MPro.

Now watch his match against Onita from that time and realize he's always been as nuts as he is today, it's simply that the craziness began to shine through more once his athleticism decreased.

That, and he's the only wrestler insane enough to work with a cracked loving skull.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Well, and CM Punk.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I don't think there's ever been a singles match between Onita and Sabu.

Personally, it's for the best.

That'd be a REAL deathmatch. As in, a fight to the death.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Watching 1994 stuff recently, I was shocked how good Great Sasuke was then. I assumed he was just of his times, but he holds up great. He can do a great NJPW Juniors big style match and then goes with the MPro 6man and then combined with his ability to kill himself on every dive.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Anyone else watching NJPW's ippv live tonight/this morning? Shall we livethread?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

I'm going to try to stay up and watch it. Shouldn't be too hard, as I'm on the West coast so it'll be 1AM.

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
That was a mighty fine iPPV right there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is there a replay? Where do I go to give NJPW my monies?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Fell asleep after the first match :(

Dunno if you can purchase the replay but the channel is:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/njpw1972

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Replay is up, will watch after Raw tonight. There's also a nice spoiler-free review on WO that was strongly positive, calling the main a MOTYC.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sigmachiev posted:

Replay is up, will watch after Raw tonight. There's also a nice spoiler-free review on WO that was strongly positive, calling the main a MOTYC.

lets GDT this poo poo. Someone get Hulkamatt up in this.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
I'm down. I'm on the Westcoast but could stand to have MNF/Raw in the background.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sigmachiev posted:

I'm down. I'm on the Westcoast but could stand to have MNF/Raw in the background.

I'm EST. I don't watch MNF or RAW so I'm cool for whenevers.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I watched it this morning until studying, whole show was pretty drat good. The only thing I didn't enjoy was gently caress low-ki forever, and quit taking titles from Ibushi.

It's reported that the show did 50,000 buys within Japan but only 600 internationally, which is a huge bummer. Then again, they didn't promote it that heavily anywhere and it came on at really awkward times for everyone that wasn't in Japan and Australia.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flameingblack posted:

I watched it this morning until studying, whole show was pretty drat good. The only thing I didn't enjoy was gently caress low-ki forever, and quit taking titles from Ibushi.

It's reported that the show did 50,000 buys within Japan but only 600 internationally, which is a huge bummer. Then again, they didn't promote it that heavily anywhere and it came on at really awkward times for everyone that wasn't in Japan and Australia.

Oh they promoted it. In Japanese. :doh:

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Saw the show, it was so awesome. Can we please make a pact that we rally PSP and do a GDT for Tokyo Dome in January? New Japan on iPPV is pretty fricken badass so far.

Additional nuggets of think:

- Davey Boy Smith Jr. was great here. Dickhead gaijin suits him really well and he showed about 100x more personality and charisma then at any point in WWE.

- Finish of Ibushi/Ki was savage.

- Maybe others already think this but this show is kind of where Karl Anderson became an elite worker to me. Off the top of my head I'm thinking he's top 10 in the world right now.

- Two ****+s. See this show yall.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 10, 2012

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
The other thing I enjoyed was how hot the crowd was for the entire second half of the show.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Dammit, I really wanna see the show but I don't think I have the money for it right now. I didn't expect it to be as phenomenal as it was. :(

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
If you guys set up a rewatch let me know, because I'd love to see it with others!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Flameingblack posted:

50,000 buys is frankly incredible and a huge success. I doubt they expected much from outside of Japan and as long as it didn't cost them much to put it up they got some additional money out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
What is that, like eleven times what TNA PPVs pull in?