Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Deion gonna meltdown that Shadeur isn't in the cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Travis Hunter is there and he deserves it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Good article about the FSU/ACC marriage and impending divorce

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/article288417309.html

The quotes in here are hilarious for the reality that what they spoke of in the early 90s as being the ACC's biggest strength (innovation in TV rights, and expansion) became their complacent death knell 30 years later more or less.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Gonna be awkward when Luther Burden III wins the Heisman and isn't visible (to my eye)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cover drop, yes very nice, but we get the reveal on May 16th. My body is ready.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I’m going to guess the players that visible are on specific NIL deals with EA Sports, and I would be surprised if EA didn’t at least talk with Sanders.

Ain’t much reason to be surprised when they already had the meetings.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/jthomps72/status/1789116174967402837

Aurora over Neyland isn’t something I thought I’d ever see but here we are

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

The Notorious ZSB posted:

The quotes in here are hilarious for the reality that what they spoke of in the early 90s as being the ACC's biggest strength (innovation in TV rights, and expansion) became their complacent death knell 30 years later more or less.

Feel like this is a recurring theme in a lot of places, someone innovates once, has tremendous success, and then just coasts on the glideslope into retirement or irrelevance, whichever comes first. Maybe it's because they're convinced of the genius of their first innovation, maybe they accomplished everything they wanted and didn't want to strive higher.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
It is crazy there is no footage of the new NCAA football video game yet.

Usually when game studios do something like this, the game ends up bad.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Spacebump posted:

There might be an actual armed rebellion if they turn out a bad game after a decade

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

There might be an actual armed rebellion if they turn out a bad game after a decade

We are so starved for a NCAA game that we will take anything we can get. The game may end up terrible but that won't matter it's gonna sell like crazy

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Spacebump posted:

They have a timer on their website counting down to a May 16 announcement.

It’s going to be based on a game that comes out every year (Madden), I’m not terribly worried about it actually making launch.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Spacebump posted:

I'm keeping my stance on it "Well, I guess we'll see" and putting my excitement into awaiting College Bowl because I have a lot of fun playing Legend Bowl

EDIT: Oh hell yes, these bowl game names for the College Bowl Playoffs

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 11, 2024

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

George H.W. oval office posted:

We are so starved for a NCAA game that we will take anything we can get. The game may end up terrible but that won't matter it's gonna sell like crazy

Oh the initial sales will be tremendous but the fanbase is a bunch of older guys who know what functional and robust games are like and they’re going to be really pissed to get dogshit after all this time.

I mean, capitalism and all so it won’t matter that much to the bottom line, but it would torpedo the poo poo out of any goodwill and nostalgia we’ve got left.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Spacebump posted:

I think I read somewhere that it’s normal for Madden (and NCAA historically) not to show any footage until a couple of months out. Of course CFB 25 has had a longer development than usual, but it also might make sense they were waiting for all of the NIL deals to be finalized before showing footage.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I’m gonna buy that poo poo no matter what

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
As long as I can pick a mid-major and triple option my way into a 50 year championship streak I’ll enjoy the game

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Seaniqua posted:

As long as I can pick a mid-major and triple option my way into a 50 year championship streak I’ll enjoy the game

I always liked to turn Colorado into a motherfucking juggernaut. Just running people right off the front range for a decade at a time.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

:hai:

If it's a clone of the recent Madden game, I played it on GamePass and it sucked rear end.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

PostNouveau posted:

If it's a clone of the recent Madden game, I played it on GamePass and it sucked rear end.

EA Sports would never take such an easy, lazy and extremely profitable way out. How dare you sir, they are artists.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

Well that's disappointing, I was already not quite ready to put up with all of EA's bullshit

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

LeeMajors posted:

a bunch of older guys who know what functional and robust games are like.

lol

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Azrial posted:

EA Sports would never take such an easy, lazy and extremely profitable way out. How dare you sir, they are artists.

The A in EA IS for Arts.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

?

Games were better and worked way back. Maybe it’s nostalgia,…gently caress man I don’t even know anymore lol. It wasn’t a micro transaction mess when I was running long term dynasties on GameCube ok?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Cthulu Carl posted:

EDIT: Oh hell yes, these bowl game names for the College Bowl Playoffs

Christ I can't decide what to tag myself as. I'm the Manscaped Shark Bowl and the little Mexican mushroom bandito guy at the bottom.

No wait I'm the BORITOS Siesta Bowl.

... and the mushroom guy.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Why does the bighorn sheep on the bottom-right have fangs? Is it a vampire? Does this game have a ram-pire mascot?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

I. M. Gei posted:

Why does the bighorn sheep on the bottom-right have fangs? Is it a vampire? Does this game have a ram-pire mascot?

Blitz: The League, but college. Boom, million-dollar idea RIGHT THERE.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

They always used to take the prior year’s Madden, make balance changes, and apply other college-specific tuning and additions (the triple, but also player rating windows being wider, recruiting, etc). Something about the gameplay, recruiting, probably being more invested in the college game than NFL always worked more with me.

It’s hard to not sound like a fan but my expectations are super easy to meet.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Split Mushroom from MMX4 wearing the biggest fake handlebar moustache that hangs down to his nipples

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Once again I am telling you that Madden 24 is perfectly good if you are just doing a football sim.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Once again I am telling you that Madden 24 is perfectly good if you are just doing a football sim.

Correct

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Was it NCAA Football 2005 that could inadvertently create players six inches tall?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

The game part of it is actually serviceable, if a bit buggy. It would never remember my view settings and I didn't care for the momentum meter thing. It's all the poo poo around the game that really sucks your soul out, but I suppose that stuff is not going to be in the college version anyway.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I played NCAA 09 All-Play for the Wii and there is zero chance this will be worse.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

LeeMajors posted:

?

Games were better and worked way back. Maybe it’s nostalgia,…gently caress man I don’t even know anymore lol. It wasn’t a micro transaction mess when I was running long term dynasties on GameCube ok?

you are correct.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Edward Mass posted:

Blitz: The League, but college. Boom, million-dollar idea RIGHT THERE.

The Playmakers TV show wasn't that good, but if you took that concept and based it out of the SEC and had it air on streaming/premium cable it'd do gangbusters.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

LeeMajors posted:

?

No no, you're right, it's just a statement that made me feel really old... which isn't really helped by the Gamecube nostalgia either lol

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/VernFunquistCFB/status/1789444605735264361

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

And in the last 5 years Them Dawgs lost to a Will Muschamp coached South Carolina team. I am still mad that UGA fired Richt to stop us from hiring Kirby, that’s probably when I realized God just isn’t going to let South Carolina have nice things. We got Shane Beamer and a locust swam upon us from New York and New Jersey instead for our troubles.

Azrial fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Wouldn’t Kirby have probably just washed out at South Carolina by now if he’d ended up as HC there?