Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Mr. Pickles posted:

Mercyful Fate announced today, I am going

Where'd you see this at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Catching up on releases from last week. Horned Almighty released their best album in roughly a decade. Great straight up Danish bm, probably best known for doing a split with Sargeist way the hell back then.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Before or after Sargeist were known be fascist shitheels?

E: not dissing Horny All-nighty, they're p cool and do stuff with Wulfaz, which is also cool.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 21, 2020

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

04 so waaaaay before

Edit: or maybe people knew back then. I certainly did it as I was in uhhh 7th grade and Bathory and Dissection were the only BM I knew

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 21, 2020

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Well, Abbath is [still] scheduled to play London next Monday night. He's been sober nearly three months now and's looking pretty healthy.
Support's from David Vincent's VLTIMAS.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

spookygonk posted:

Well, Abbath is [still] scheduled to play London next Monday night. He's been sober nearly three months now and's looking pretty healthy.
Support's from David Vincent's VLTIMAS.

sadly he'll still be playing abbath songs

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/sophiepenrose/status/1219341194788048896?s=19

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wait is he abandoning Target? What the gently caress? Most shocking heel turn of the year right out of the gate.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Friendship ended with Tarjay.

Now, Wallyworld is my best friend.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Rammstein is doing a loving NFL stadium tour in the USA. Anybody going? I will be amazed if they manage to sell out those places.

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay
Always wanted to see Rammstein live, but alas not near even remotely near me

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

FanaticalMilk posted:

Where'd you see this at?

poo poo is real :)
https://loudwire.com/mercyful-fate-2020-reunion-new-songs/

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Anonymous John posted:

Rammstein is doing a loving NFL stadium tour in the USA. Anybody going? I will be amazed if they manage to sell out those places.

They're my wife's favorite band and I like them well enough so we'll be making the trek for the Chicago show at Soldier Field. I'm hoping the larger venue means we'll be treated to a proper Rammstein stage show.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i saw rammstein in like 1999 and i don't remember anything about it. thats my story, hope this helps.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

They announced the Euro festival dates last year. I'm still waiting for some US dates. Psycho Las Vegas announces the full lineup on January 31 and I'm hoping Mercyful Fate is the headliner.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Not huge into listening Rammstein albums but standing close to the stage during a show is mesmerizing, loving loved it. Their frontman is a piece of art.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Klaaz posted:

Their frontman is a piece of art.

Yeah he is :tutbutt:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Kilometers Davis posted:

nature sounds and blastbeats

Just returning to this for a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvhn6bOzXGo

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

if anyone needs their "post-black metal" fix this album is pretty cool, it gets darker and heavier as it goes on. the production is kinda iffy (drums in particular are a bit much) but worth a listen for 35 minutes.

https://constellatia.bandcamp.com/releases

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I got tickets to see stratovarius at prog power this year :dance:
I’m super pumped for that, but also absolutely crushed that I missed out on snagging day 4 tickets to see Conception because I’m in love with Roy Khan.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
here's some cool new canadian thrash metal

https://hazzerdthrash.bandcamp.com/album/delirium

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i found this earlier and it's good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCtFI1VyHdo

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Payday means spending a bunch of money at Hells Headbangers webstore

Hell yeah

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Got my tickets to Rammstein near the "FEUERZONE" and I'm super stoked for it. I've been wanting to see them for years.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

MrBling posted:

here's some cool new canadian thrash metal

https://hazzerdthrash.bandcamp.com/album/delirium

Their first album is really dope too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2IZ-Ld7OeU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

gently caress yeah more Hazzerd, 2020 lookin good.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Release day Friday baybee

Midnight, black speed
Forlorn Citadel, epic atmoblack
Sivyj Yar, pagan bm
Grey Skies Fallen, death doom
Aethyrick, meloblack
Doomraiser, doom lol
Worm, blackened death doom
Temperance, symphonic power
Nero di Marte, post-metal. Not fully out on BC but up on other services
Etoile Filante, atmoblack
Vananidr, meloblack
ADX, trad/speed
New Annihilator out

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Yesss :getin:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
oh poo poo new Midnight

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

The new Midnight was really fun, full of basic riffs that make you go "how have I not heard this same riff 30 times over the years."

Speaking of riffs, doing a listening party in Discord right now of NSV and a dm fan has never heard it before. It's beating his rear end off.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nazzadan posted:

The new Midnight was really fun, full of basic riffs that make you go "how have I not heard this same riff 30 times over the years."

The fifth track "Rising Scum" sounds like blackened Manowar and it's loving great.

Album owns.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nazzadan posted:

Speaking of riffs, doing a listening party in Discord right now of NSV and a dm fan has never heard it before. It's beating his rear end off.

I still can’t believe my ears when I listen to it. It’s insane and always will be.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nazzadan posted:

Release day Friday baybee

Midnight, black speed
Forlorn Citadel, epic atmoblack
Sivyj Yar, pagan bm
Grey Skies Fallen, death doom
Aethyrick, meloblack
Doomraiser, doom lol
Worm, blackened death doom
Temperance, symphonic power
Nero di Marte, post-metal. Not fully out on BC but up on other services
Etoile Filante, atmoblack
Vananidr, meloblack
ADX, trad/speed
New Annihilator out

There's also a new Thy Catafalque album and Kirk Windstein from Crowbar dropped a solo record

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Kilometers Davis posted:

I still can’t believe my ears when I listen to it. It’s insane and always will be.

I can report his rear end was beaten off. The whole album he was saying things like "If I had a tractor I'd pull it right now and plow a field in 2 minutes."

Henchman of Santa posted:

There's also a new Thy Catafalque album and Kirk Windstein from Crowbar dropped a solo record

Ooo very interested in that Crowbar side project.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Yeah yeah yeah, I've never listened to Cryptopsy. Better give em a go I guess.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Konvent - great death/doom from Denmark, just dropped their debut album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBkwHWoKQKA

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Yeah yeah yeah, I've never listened to Cryptopsy. Better give em a go I guess.

The bass break in Slit Your Guts and the groove that follows it whips so much rear end that it makes me want to punch through the ground to the other side of the planet and then explode into space and catch god in the face with a mean right hook

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Cryptopsy was the first harsh vocal band I got into as a teen and I think NSV is still my favorite dm album. actually that's probably Elvenefris but goddamn is NSV a masterpiece.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

I saw them play the whole album live to a small crowd and it kicked rear end.

Is any of their new music good, I stopped paying attention after Lord Worm left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Whisper Supremacy is really good, then they kinda go to poo poo for a long time. The 2 new Tome EPs are both good, though.