Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Apparently I got that internship. I guess my adorable french-canadian pratfall (that hurt for real, my foot, goddamn) got me the job.

Edit: Well that's an awkward page snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Congratulations!

...It's so you don't sue

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Vintersorg posted:

Get banned you silly troll.

did i say something innacurate? our government is pure garbage and it needs to be said a lot more. were still under the british royal family who were (and probably still are) literal nazis, poo poo didnt change.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

infernal machines posted:

Congratulations!

...It's so you don't sue

You know what, if it helps me finally get my network technician degree, I won't even care.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

did i say something innacurate? our government is pure garbage and it needs to be said a lot more. were still under the british royal family who were (and probably still are) literal nazis, poo poo didnt change.

We should put you and chairmaster in a room and let you slowly starve to death

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

What?

You mean Liz, who was a loving mechanic and driver during WW2? Her uncle (Edward) may have been a Nazi sympathizer but he also gave up his crown for a married socialite so there's no accounting for taste.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CLAM DOWN posted:

We should put you and chairmaster in a room and let you slowly starve to death

chairmaster is an authoritarian psychopath. i just want my people to be free from tyranny and oppression. how am i a bad guy

smoke sumthin bitch fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 16, 2017

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

chairmaster is an authoritarian psychopath. i just want my people to be free from tyranny and oppression. how am i a bad guy

goblins goblins GOBLINS

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

were still under the british royal family

Doesn't know enough to pass citizenship test. Big surprise.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
God, the Governor General keeps vetoing all the legislation and enacting bills swearing allegiance to the nazis

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
How to massively improve enjoyment of the CanPol thread in one easy step:

And unlike other people I've put on ignore, I have not even once been tempted to click the view post link.

Which kind of ruins the point when everyone starts quoting his empty bullshit.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm confused, I get much more enjoyment ignoring longwinded sperglords like Helsing

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm confused, I get much more enjoyment ignoring longwinded sperglords like Helsing

Why not do both?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I don't get enjoyment blocking anyone; I do it with a heavy heart.

(naw)

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

weaver giving paid talks to private power producers (the same ones BC Hydro owes billions of dollars thanks to the Liberals)

so progressive you guys. such a refreshing change from politics as usual. BC is ready for a different style of politics

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

THC posted:

weaver giving paid talks to private power producers (the same ones BC Hydro owes billions of dollars thanks to the Liberals)

so progressive you guys. such a refreshing change from politics as usual. BC is ready for a different style of politics

Well, trying to associate him with the bad decisions of another party is the exact opposite of the kind of politics I want in this province.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

greens practice a fresh new progressive style of politics where they assume that everything Weaver does is fine and unsuspicious because he's a very smart progressive green guy

if Weaver does apparently unprogressive things, rest assured it's for very progressive Reasons based on Evidence and Science the details of which are never revealed to the viewer (because Reasons, Evidence etc)

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

THC posted:

rest assured it's for very progressive Reasons based on Evidence and Science the details of which are never revealed to the viewer (because Reasons, Evidence etc)

I thought you leftists all agreed that the science of global warming was settled and much spoookier than privatization so get on board, we need to buy al gore another beach house.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Someone seems really mad that their party of choice was so bad that they handed three seats to the loving greens of all people and it cost them the election.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Is your drive 19 minutes? I have just the ticket, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLdEYw3ginA

If I wanted to listen to Justin Trudeau speak I would listen to a white noise machine

cougar cub posted:

Other than power and politics there aren't any I've found are put out with enough regularity for a daily drive. With that said:

Political Traction
The Boys In Short Pants
CBC Pollcast

ZShakespeare posted:

I'm a fan of Unique Canadian Podcasting.

Thanks I'll check these out. I've been listening to a lot of USPol stuff lately and I feel like I'm falling behind on my CanPol.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Every goddamn they're so stupid!! :mad:

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
just listen to cbc

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Postess with the Mostest posted:

I thought you leftists all agreed that the science of global warming was settled and much spoookier than privatization so get on board, we need to buy al gore another beach house.
Weaver is the personification of everything that is wrong with green politics

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

THC posted:

Weaver is the personification of everything that is wrong with green politics

Is he worse than Notley?

quote:

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday in Edmonton, Notley said [Kinder Morgan’s Trans Mountain pipeline expansion] means tens of thousands of new jobs for people across the country, not just in Alberta. She said opponents in B.C. can dislike the project — but they can’t stop it.

“Of course, we understand that some oppose the twinning of the pipeline and I respect their opinions,” she said during the news conference at the legislature.

“But I fundamentally disagree that one province, or even one region, can hold hostage the economy of another province, or in this case, the economy our the entire country.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/3455015/rachel-notley-to-talk-trans-mountain-pipeline-developments/

Don't worry if you dislike it, Notley says that is a-ok.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I dunno, seems like Notley's doing a pretty good job.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

PT6A posted:

I dunno, seems like Notley's doing a pretty good job.

Just in terms of 'green politics'. I like her too.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

She never ran as a green. But while she does run an environment destroying government, she has also passed a lot of pro-worker and poor-helping legislation you'd never see from the PCs. If Weaver backs the BCLP we'll get the environment destroying government and anti-worker policies

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 16, 2017

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

This is too good not to post:

http://www.timescolonist.com/opinion/columnists/les-leyne-the-doctor-is-in-weaver-taking-calls-1.19668354

quote:

“Hi, Andy. It’s John here.”

“It’s Dr. Andrew Weaver. John who?”

“John Horgan. I just wanted to say hi.”

“Hello, John.”

“Hi. Sorry I called you Andy. We have so much in common. I feel like we’re buds.”

“We’re not ‘buds,’ John. Are you going to get mad at me again?”

“No! Not ever! I’m sorry I got mad at you that time.”

“Which time?”

“All those times. Were you working out during the campaign? You looked great in the last week.”

“Thank you.”

“You had a great-looking bus, too. Was that a turbocharged diesel? It looked way faster than my bus.”

“It was bio-diesel, John. We should all be using that.”

“Wow, that’s weird! I was just going to say the exact same thing. We should totally all be using bio-diesel. We sure think alike. Remember how hard we fought to get big money out of politics? That was so cool. I enjoyed working with you on that.”

“But we didn’t work together. And you took big money all the way through.”

“Well, we took some medium money. It’s the Liberals who took big money. Hey, did you know Langford and Oak Bay have almost identical tax rates per $1,000 of assessed value?”

“So what?”

“It’s just neat how our people have so much in common, like we do, that’s all.”

“I guess.”

“I’m sorry I stepped on your victory speech airtime. If I’d known you’d started, I would have waited.”

“Whatever.”

“It was sure a great speech. Especially that part about every Green decision will follow a principled, evidence-based approach. That sciencey stuff sure goes over well.”

“It’s not just ‘sciencey stuff.’ It’s what we believe.”

“Me, too! Evidence-based. I get that. Told you we have lots in common. Do you have any evidence of what Clark is going to do?”

“Yes. She’s going to call me. Just like you did.”

“Will you talk to her? Will you talk longer than you talked to me, or about the same? ”

“More likely I’ll just listen. John, I’ll get back to you. I have to take this call.”

Click.

“Hello, Dr. Weaver?”

“Hello, Christy.”

“Did you like my line on Wednesday? I said you were a smart, thoughtful, reasonable guy. And did you notice I mentioned the environment?”

“Very kind of you.”

“I was checking my to-do list on creating a prosperous British Columbia where we can all take care of the people we love and the environment too with hardly any taxes, and I realized something. I forgot to nominate you for the Order of B.C.”

“I already have the Order of B.C.”

“Oh. Do you want another one?”

“No.”

“What about a Good Citizenship Medal?”

“I have nothing but contempt for the Good Citizenship Medal. Don’t you remember me calling it a bizarre act of desperation when you invented it?”

“I must have been away that day. You know what I think is bizarre? The archaic first-past-the-post-electoral system, that’s what. And not letting 16-year-olds vote. And holding elections in May, when they should be in October.”

“Christy, you’re reading from my platform.”

“Oh … Look, cards on the table — what can I do to get you onside?”

“Ditch Site C, forget LNG, kill the pipeline and triple the carbon tax.”

“I’ll get back to you.”

Click.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

quote:

“But I fundamentally disagree that one province, or even one region, can hold hostage the economy of another province, or in this case, the economy our the entire country.”
That's pretty rich coming from a jesus freak conservative property rights uber alles province.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

ZShakespeare posted:

Someone seems really mad that their party of choice was so bad that they handed three seats to the loving greens of all people and it cost them the election.

are you saying green voters would not have voted Liberal? Based on what?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

JawKnee posted:

are you saying green voters would not have voted Liberal? Based on what?

Well the media seems to be saying that the greens siphoned off more of the liberal vote than the NDP vote and I'm willing to bet a lot of them wouldn't even have shown up to the polls if there hadn't been a green candidate.

But listening to the idiot(s) in here you'd think that the greens are the reason that the NDP didn't win rather than just a distant third, not even official yet, party. That it should be blamed for the loss rather than spending even a moment on self reflection about what makes the NDP a wholly unlikeable party for the people of BC.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

This is dumb, unfunny, and understates how much of a lovely person and politician Andrew Weaver is.

e: sorry, Dr Andrew Weaver

e2: yes I am taking this too seriously shut up

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

As if this situation wasn't hilarious enough already, a new post-election poll from Mainstreet suggests most British Columbians are against a coalition, and want the NDP to form government. In fact, 27% of BC Liberals want the NDP to form government! :psyduck: Regardless of what happens, this is very bad news for Christy Clark.

47% of Greens want the same, so if Weaver doesn't ratfuck Christy it could end up hurting him very badly in the long run

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

quote:

In fact, 27% of BC Liberals want the NDP to form government!

I conclude 27% of BC Liberals believe there is a housing bubble not long for this world.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

ZShakespeare posted:

Well the media seems to be saying that the greens siphoned off more of the liberal vote than the NDP vote and I'm willing to bet a lot of them wouldn't even have shown up to the polls if there hadn't been a green candidate.

But listening to the idiot(s) in here you'd think that the greens are the reason that the NDP didn't win rather than just a distant third, not even official yet, party. That it should be blamed for the loss rather than spending even a moment on self reflection about what makes the NDP a wholly unlikeable party for the people of BC.

Are you seriously claiming that this thread doesn't criticize the BCNDP? Do you even read this thread? I know BC chat usually gets derailed by whatever dumb thing the PM or premier of Ontario is doing pretty quickly, or tends to stick to housing, but I assure you nobody (even THC... probably) has forgotten that the BCNDP sucks. This does not mean that the Greens aren't being lead by a thin-skinned jerk who's happy to use environmental issues as a fig leaf for a conservative government.

I have seen at least one Postmedia column speculate about the Greens peeling off Liberal voters pre-election, but nothing I've seen since has indicated that actually happened, although I had to stop reading after a point for my own sanity. If you've seen otherwise I'd like to see it.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

MikeSevigny posted:

Are you seriously claiming that this thread doesn't criticize the BCNDP? Do you even read this thread? I know BC chat usually gets derailed by whatever dumb thing the PM or premier of Ontario is doing pretty quickly, or tends to stick to housing, but I assure you nobody (even THC... probably) has forgotten that the BCNDP sucks. This does not mean that the Greens aren't being lead by a thin-skinned jerk who's happy to use environmental issues as a fig leaf for a conservative government.

I have seen at least one Postmedia column speculate about the Greens peeling off Liberal voters pre-election, but nothing I've seen since has indicated that actually happened, although I had to stop reading after a point for my own sanity. If you've seen otherwise I'd like to see it.

Are you denying that there's an obscene amount of NDP cheerleading in here? Maybe we are reading different threads. Said cheerleading has nothing to do with Andrew Weaver who, yeah, is a jerk and probably completely personally unlikeable.

But I see nothing in this thread or the media or especially his party's platform to indicate that he, or his party, are actually conservatives in disguise aside from some conspiracy theory from said NDP cheerleaders who are butthurt that the only decent choice for progressive politics in the province hosed up and lost again while the other branches of their party is disintegrating across the country.

The post you quoted itself quoted another guy asking me to show that the greens actually damaged the NDP more than the liberals and you asking me to show that the greens damaged the liberals more than the NDP, so you two can fight it out.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

ZShakespeare posted:

Are you denying that there's an obscene amount of NDP cheerleading in here? Maybe we are reading different threads. Said cheerleading has nothing to do with Andrew Weaver who, yeah, is a jerk and probably completely personally unlikeable.

But I see nothing in this thread or the media or especially his party's platform to indicate that he, or his party, are actually conservatives in disguise aside from some conspiracy theory from said NDP cheerleaders who are butthurt that the only decent choice for progressive politics in the province hosed up and lost again while the other branches of their party is disintegrating across the country.

The post you quoted itself quoted another guy asking me to show that the greens actually damaged the NDP more than the liberals and you asking me to show that the greens damaged the liberals more than the NDP, so you two can fight it out.
Dude's an ex-BCLP.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

BCNDP outperformed the polls and my own expectations, broke through in several ridings that were once understood to be BCLP strongholds and got more than double the votes of the Greens. Some ppl just have a sort of brain disease where they look at these facts and decide we're "wholly unlikeable" and Weaver is a positive campaigner and Horgan is angry and mean.

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 17, 2017

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

cowofwar posted:

Dude's an ex-BCLP.

and his new party adopted a platform to the left of the NDP. So how do you judge a party if not by its platform? Rural Conservatives make up poo poo about the NDP being secret communists. What makes them wrong and you right?

THC posted:

BCNDP outperformed the polls and my own expectations, broke through in several ridings that were once understood to be BCLP strongholds and got more than double the votes of the Greens. Some ppl just have a sort of brain disease where they look at these facts and decide we're "wholly unlikeable" and Weaver is a positive campaigner and Horgan is angry and mean.

And he lost. Didn't even the the popular vote. How does he manage to be less popular than Christie loving Clark?

ZShakespeare fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Quite is not edit