Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tolerating Khan is why Labour sucks poo poo. You need to remove anybody remotely anti-left and Zionist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/jitendersehra21/status/1758496629336785229

:qq:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Jitender Chaudhary is a very Irish name to be so concerned about filthy forrigns taking space from the Irish people.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
his twitter location is set to india lol

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
People seeing the potential for more IMC grifts

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Those tents are outside the IPAS office, which is the government department tasked with housing asylum seekers.

It's not like tent cities are springing up everywhere. They're gathered in one place to pressure the government and for protection against the small number of fascists who target vulnerable people sleeping on the street.

While the government is to blame, the same fucks who threaten these people on a nightly basis also make threats against property owners who try to offer accommodation.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Private Speech posted:

Jitender Chaudhary is a very Irish name to be so concerned about filthy forrigns taking space from the Irish people.

Remembering Priti Patel saying she would have deported her parents

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Labour can only cleanse the stain of its antisemitism problem one way: elect Tzipi Hotovely leader.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Tarnop posted:

Very enjoyable show that I almost gave up on when it looked like it would just be a bog-standard procedural

Chris Nolan’s brother, who was the creator and show runner, said they had to go that route to fool the network into giving them the leeway to form the plot lines required. Apparently the suits just wanted CSI or NCIS and wouldn’t sign off on anything complex. I did same as you, only bingeing it all when Ars Technica covered the recently finished final season and praised the evolution of the show and not being just a dumb police procedural.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

MikeCrotch posted:

Remembering Priti Patel saying she would have deported her parents

My dad hates that woman, yet was all onboard for Prime Minister Braverman had that nightmare transpired.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

could easily be irish citizens priced out renting / owning in town

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Jel Shaker posted:

Only foreign scum and/or criminal entities try to live on the street, not upstanding native residents.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jel Shaker posted:

a true irishman would build a dirt howel, not live in a tent

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Chris Nolan’s brother, who was the creator and show runner, said they had to go that route to fool the network into giving them the leeway to form the plot lines required. Apparently the suits just wanted CSI or NCIS and wouldn’t sign off on anything complex. I did same as you, only bingeing it all when Ars Technica covered the recently finished final season and praised the evolution of the show and not being just a dumb police procedural.

Right, that makes sense, it was during that era where it seemed like every other new TV show was a procedural but one person is a psychic/Tim Roth/Satan

I look forward to our future where the first AI recruits human agents using an ARG but all it gets is sweaty goons instead of a hot lady who can shoot people through walls

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Tarnop posted:

Right, that makes sense, it was during that era where it seemed like every other new TV show was a procedural but one person is a psychic/Tim Roth/Satan

I look forward to our future where the first AI recruits human agents using an ARG but all it gets is sweaty goons instead of a hot lady who can shoot people through walls

In the show the bad AI (which is the one we're most likely to get) - spoilering a 15 year old show deployed a series of ARGs to single out the people most likely to pose a threat to it in the future and murderkill them.

I started watching around the end of season 1 after being recommended it by a goon, DaWolfey I think, and it was very prescient in how many ways it predicted things like the Snowden leaks, the Internet of Things being a huge privacy invasion/security risk, social networks as a means of influencing control over the populace.

Also a hot lady who can shoot through walls, another even hotter lady who gets off on shooting people in the face, and Bear, the best TV dog ever.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Bear FTW. The goodest boy of Team Machine.

The season three finale with the showtrial by Vigilance is kinda popping into my head now in relation to dealing with troublesome factions in the same way Azov is being sent to Avdeevka currently, to crosspost from the Ukraine thread. The Correction is a pretty terrifying part of Greer's use of Samaritan. Genius, but terrifying in much the same surgical power play way..

The Snowden story about 6 months before it was an actual thing by having an NSA guy in one episode get cold feet over the Northern Lights programme was something else. Maybe not Kojima-san level prescience, but a lot of the stuff in PoI is either happening now with the tech or in nascency. Finch's comment about social media being a CIA op way better than any covert COINTEL project occupies my mind sometimes.

*turns around and stares sullenly at Met Police facial recognition camera*

Skaffen-Amtiskaw has issued a correction as of 01:30 on Feb 17, 2024

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

there were several whistleblowers before snowden about the NSA stuff they just didn't flee the country and dump hard evidence on the way out so the media treated them with Decorum (convenient disbelief)

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

I was right about the dog being a good boy, though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/doctoriaindarcy/status/1758789406616350792

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

This could've been avoided if they called him Tel Aviv Keir.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

lmao he's mad he didn't get a cool nickname like Genocide Joe

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

WrasslorMonkey posted:

lmao he's mad he didn't get a cool nickname like Genocide Joe
that's how you know it was made up by him and his allies to create the impression that he's being hounded by the corbynites and is not one himself

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tel Aviv Keith lmao

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

PLP to the staffer: His name is spelled KIER!

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Nonsense posted:

PLP to the staffer: His name is spelled KIER!

Staffer: *goonishly* Keith?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

who are these people giving their personal phones to their boss to poke around in lol

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

kecske posted:

who are these people giving their personal phones to their boss to poke around in lol

lots of people use their personal phones for work, and if youre not looking at what the MDM package you install on your phone does (or even if you do and that's just the way it goes at your jobs) it's possible they can just look whenever they want

most are limited to remote wiping and viewing certain apps but some are more broad

or it's even dumber than that and they sent it over work email which is trivial to inspect

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

a staffer called him keith ahahaha

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Who one of you was it? Who here is a Labour disruptor?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I don't understand the whole LFI hubbub. Selling Labour for money is the whole basis of our society.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

dr Darcy is a well know member of the shitpost left. I wouldn’t neccessarly take his words seriously.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
only thirst trap you will get of him is drinking a pint

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Starbucks posted:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Starbucks posted:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 15 days!)

now no remoaners remain

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

delete posts

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

BBC posted:

Rapist police officer David Carrick has been stripped of his full state-funded pension, the mayor of London has confirmed.

Carrick, 49, was jailed last February after he admitted dozens of rapes and sexual offences against 12 women.

Thank u for your service.

Wonder if it was just 1 or 2 he'd get away with it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I didn't know you could be stripped of your state pension and furthermore I didn't know the mayor of London could do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcDl5tmrklc