Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
https://mobile.twitter.com/neiltyson/status/27038631191

https://mobile.twitter.com/neiltyson/status/708427052433678336

More on-topic, really enjoying the recent episodes with wildlife/coyote talk.

Falukorv fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I don't know why Joe is so into coyotes and urban animals lately but it's way more fascinating than listening to weed-retarded reptilian flat Earth shills try and convince the populace to abandon critical thinking so the Illuminati can manipulate them more easily.

Just sayin'.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I still can't quite pin down why Joe's podcast is so alluring. I do feel it's because he is passionate about a diverse range of topics. I can't help but feel that's all you need in a host.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
He's the lovable meathead with crazy uncle theories. And he's excited about everything like a little kid.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
He's very open mined. So open minded that sometimes his brain falls out.

Plus he draws a lot of very compelling guests

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

al madrigal pretty much admits that the all things comedy network is built on handshakes, they don't have contracts with each other (besides the "board of directors" primarily burr and al)
which to me is big time alarm bells
big time

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Remember when an SJW was just someone you made fun of for spending too much time on Tumblr, and not an agent of an insidious and inescapable oppression movement that you devote an immense amount of time and energy discussing in-between fits of recreational outrage?

Things really have changed since that fateful day the "Make Bitcoin Great Again" girl got peppersprayed by Fritz Haber.

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
Possibly my favorite video on the Internet, the perfect encapsulation of the JRE. https://youtu.be/BhNWB4eqQbI

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Megazver posted:

You might enjoy the times she's been on Craig Ferguson's, they really got along.

If I could flirt half as well as Craig my sex life would be incredible

The man got along brilliantly with every lady that rolled up to his chesterfield

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Spain/Portugal only valued explorers cos it meant they could wage a holy crusade into Asia and come at the Muslims from the rear. If anything the people that stayed at home furthering art and architecture did loads more good than the holy warriors of colonization.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

hiddenmovement posted:

Spain/Portugal only valued explorers cos it meant they could wage a holy crusade into Asia and come at the Muslims from the rear. If anything the people that stayed at home furthering art and architecture did loads more good than the holy warriors of colonization.

Not sure he is saying either side did more good.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

Remember when an SJW was just someone you made fun of for spending too much time on Tumblr, and not an agent of an insidious and inescapable oppression movement that you devote an immense amount of time and energy discussing in-between fits of recreational outrage?

Having full grown adults yelling "shut him down" and blaring air horns in the face of a respected professor is loving disrespectful.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Cataffy posted:

Possibly my favorite video on the Internet, the perfect encapsulation of the JRE. https://youtu.be/BhNWB4eqQbI

Yeah, if you listen with any regularity you'll notice repeated subjects and talking points. Especially when it comes to Joe's hobbies

Holy gently caress I'm glad he doesn't go on pool/archery tangents as much

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

down n out posted:

Having full grown adults yelling "shut him down" and blaring air horns in the face of a respected professor is loving disrespectful.

Peterson pretending to know a lot about gender stuff and feminism as a clinical psychologist seems disrespectful to people who actually study those things.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Peterson pretending to know a lot about gender stuff and feminism as a clinical psychologist seems disrespectful to people who actually study those things.

He's studied those fields in a capacity far greater than whatever you've done If you really want to go down this stupid route.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Seltzer posted:

He's studied those fields in a capacity far greater than whatever you've done If you really want to go down this stupid route.

I'm not a gender studies person. Maybe to learn about gender things it's good to talk to those people, instead of me or a guy who seems perpetually mad at girls.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm not a gender studies person. Maybe to learn about gender things it's good to talk to those people, instead of me or a guy who seems perpetually mad at girls.

Wow. Misgender much,?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

You're trying to discredit a clearly intelligent man's research because he doesn't agree with you. You're also attempting character assassination because you don't want to argue his points. He has absolutely read gender studies material and talks about it in his podcast appearances. He also issues open invitations for people to debate him.

e- I'm not a super fan of his/ agree with everything he says but people in this thread are really pathetic when it comes to addressing anything they disagree with.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 11, 2017

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

why don't you fuckin nominate him for president if you love him so much

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

You're only supposed to discuss the Joe Rogan podcast by throwing out fantasy guest "recommendations" that nobody involved with the show will ever see or consider.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

An Apple A Gay posted:

why don't you fuckin nominate him for president if you love him so much

Because he's Canadian.

I like Peterson on some things, but on other things I think he's dangerously wrong. For one thing, I think he's wrong to remain so attached to the phrase "the dominance hierarchy." He wants to talk about competence leading to unequal outcomes, fine. But let's characterize that as a competence hierarchy, distinct and qualitatively different from a dominance hierarchy. And while I agree with him that it's not all about power, I do think that power enters into things more often than he gives things credit for.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Seltzer posted:

You're trying to discredit a clearly intelligent man's research because he doesn't agree with you.

His research is about alcoholism.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

An Enormous Boner posted:

You're only supposed to discuss the Joe Rogan podcast by throwing out fantasy guest "recommendations" that nobody involved with the show will ever see or consider.

Yes, like Bo Jackson. Rogan wouldn't probably give a poo poo about interviewing him (and Jackson would probably feel the same), but Bo Jackson is now hardcore into archery, so they actually have something in common to talk about.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

empty baggie posted:

Yes, like Bo Jackson. Rogan wouldn't probably give a poo poo about interviewing him (and Jackson would probably feel the same), but Bo Jackson is now hardcore into archery, so they actually have something in common to talk about.

I am going to murder you.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

An Enormous Boner posted:

I am going to murder you.

Why? I did what you said, didn't I?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
He can have on that black widow pool lady.

I bet she'd be a good guest even though I hate pool.

Evil Agita fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 12, 2017

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Kind of miss the Quake rants though

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
heres my suggestion: get a chimp in studio. an actual one. chimps are pretty smart, and it would be cool because the hat actually said make bitcoin great again

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
And by the way, did you know weed was outlawed because of a paper magnate?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I miss the car noises. He used to make them all the time and sounded so dumb.

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
Donald Trump, KKK!

RACIST! SEXIST! ANTI-GAY!!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

-Atom- posted:

He did have a great anecdote recently that the flat earth theory is pervasive amongst the pool community

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Seltzer posted:

He did have a great anecdote recently that the flat earth theory is pervasive amongst the pool community

:laugh: The only thing round in the universe are these little balls *nods sagely*

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
He went through a phase where everything was about the gorilla loving.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I often tell my wife that some chicks just like to get gorilla hosed.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

always be closing posted:

I often tell my wife that some chicks just like to get gorilla hosed.

Does she eat ticks off your back after?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

but when you really think about it, gorillas have tiny dick and balls and don't really aggressively pound. i guess chimps or baboons would technically do more "gorilla loving"

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

lol at this Steve-O interview.

joe: *10,000 words about boxing*
steve-o: "Cool."

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I liked the Guy Ritchie interview for at least the first two hours. Guy is a Gi player like myself, so it was great to see that represented on the show, as opposed to Joe and Eddie's dogmatic denouncement of the garment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

always be closing posted:

I liked the Guy Ritchie interview for at least the first two hours. Guy is a Gi player like myself, so it was great to see that represented on the show, as opposed to Joe and Eddie's dogmatic denouncement of the garment.

Rolling with a gi is fun and good. Anyway, my hands look like the gnarled roots of a ginger plant.