Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bogan Krkic posted:

Force all the countries that don't qualify for the World Cup to play in that off-brand world cup with the countries that don't exist, let the winner of that qualify for the next real World Cup.

Buying my Padania kit now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

If America had pulled a UK and set up 50 separate associations instead of one big one, there still wouldn't be enough votes from North America and Europe to outweigh all the bribed micronations, would there?

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

Nill posted:

If America had pulled a UK and set up 50 separate associations instead of one big one, there still wouldn't be enough votes from North America and Europe to outweigh all the bribed micronations, would there?

Don't the territories have their own associations?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

oldman posted:

Don't the territories have their own associations?

There's only 5 territories of varying statuses but

e- There's a whole article about a game they lost lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_31%E2%80%930_American_Samoa

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 29, 2015

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
There is so much happening so fast that I can't keep up with it all.

* Rumors are flying that Blatter is losing support left and right.

* An Italian newspaper is reporting that they have evidence of match-fixing at the 2002 World Cup.

* The United Nations is considering ending its partnerships with FIFA.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

MisterBadIdea posted:

* An Italian newspaper is reporting that they have evidence of match-fixing at the 2002 World Cup.

Italians angry about the 2002 WC? Woah man

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Maybe off topic here, but this FIFA fraud has made me think, If you spend too much time watching soccer on TV your daughter will grow up to find swarthy ethnic soccer guys attractive. Lets all get rid of our TVs and go back to reading classic literature.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MisterBadIdea posted:

This all has made my productivity a little lovely for the past 24 hours...but my god has it been a fabulously entertaining 24 hours...and it looks like the hits are going to keep on coming!

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
It hasn't even been 48 hours since the whole mess started!

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Hmm I wonder what possible home nation team could be implicated in the 2002 WC match fixing scandal?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd be legit surprised if Blatter is elected tomorrow at this rate especially if that 2002 WC story is real.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Blatter is going to be elected by like a 100 vote margin.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Yeah that's a great source. A tweet from that Tancredi Palmeri hack.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Italian newspapers have been saying that since the day the game ended. We all know it was fixed, and I bet the Spanish do as well.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

MisterBadIdea posted:

Also that article says nothing about ending relationships with FIFA. It said they are carefully reviewing them. poo poo sources, poo poo summaries, poo poo post.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Yeah everyone knows 2002 was a fraud, let's see if they have proof, we need to wait a few hours for tomorrow's Corriere to go out.

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013
Personally I have total confidence in Prince Ali of Jordan to look over the Qatari bid fairly and cancel the first Arab world cup if it turns out to be necessary.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

Suqit posted:

Yeah that's a great source. A tweet from that Tancredi Palmeri hack.

I guarantee you everything in that tweet is correct.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

lmaoboy1998 posted:

Personally I have total confidence in Prince Ali of Jordan to look over the Qatari bid fairly and cancel the first Arab world cup if it turns out to be necessary.

this is my favorite part of all of this. if blatter, the retardedly corrupt swiss f*g, does not win the election next up is aladdin.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I bet Luis Figo feels like an idiot for dropping out of the race now.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

tbp posted:

this is my favorite part of all of this. if blatter, the retardedly corrupt swiss f*g, does not win the election next up is aladdin.

at least he's rich enough to be incorruptable, like that millionaire ref

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

vyelkin posted:

I bet Luis Figo feels like an idiot for dropping out of the race now.

Nah the whole point was to not divide the anti-blatter votes

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
I care least about corruption being fixed and most about South America getting more representation and power in FIFA.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

It will never happen, but UEFA leaving with a couple non-corrupt football powers (Australia? USA? Japan? Costa Rica? You start to see the problem here) but kept same number of spots open for each federation if the rest of world is interested.

You called Australia a soccer power

:australia: the kangaroo cries with happiness

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Jombo posted:

You called Australia a soccer power

:australia: the kangaroo cries with happiness

Lol the funniest part is that UEFA is not only corrupt so are those entities.

UEFA cares about getting world cups in Europe so they can win them. Nothing more. Nothing less. They are not exactly biting at the bit to have World Cups anywhere but Europe. They are very eurocentric.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Without sepp blatter africans would be at war with eachother instead of playing the beautiful game, give the man a peace prize imo

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

MisterBadIdea posted:

And, Brazil will not be voting in the election, as their delegates have either fled or been arrested.
Hahah

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

8raz posted:

Hmm I wonder what possible home nation team could be implicated in the 2002 WC match fixing scandal?

One of the arrested guys was the one who designated the refs in the Spain-S.Korea game during that WC and the Spaniards are extra angry now lol

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

tbp posted:

lol i know were all worked up over the news but let's not get carried away

hahaha

*tbp wets his forefinger, makes an imaginary mark in the air*

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

PerpetualSelf posted:

Lol the funniest part is that UEFA is not only corrupt so are those entities.

UEFA cares about getting world cups in Europe so they can win them. Nothing more. Nothing less. They are not exactly biting at the bit to have World Cups anywhere but Europe. They are very eurocentric.

Agreed. Also, I find the EU to be too eurocentric for my liking.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Suqit posted:

Also that article says nothing about ending relationships with FIFA. It said they are carefully reviewing them. poo poo sources, poo poo summaries, poo poo post.

Go with the guardian for all your fifa meltdown coverage. They're somewhat credible and they get off on fifa gently caress-ups.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
News sites are saying Uruguay is voting for the prince. Looks like Blatter is losing his grasp of small poo poo countries too.

I'm sure we'll vote for Blatter anyway at the last minute.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Italian newspapers have been saying that since the day the game ended. We all know it was fixed, and I bet the Spanish do as well.

Reminder that the referee in Korea-Italy was only recently released from Sing Sing after serving 26 months when he got caught at JFK Airport trying to smuggle 6 kilograms of heroin into the U.S.

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 29, 2015

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

blue footed boobie posted:

Go with the guardian for all your fifa meltdown coverage. They're somewhat credible and they get off on fifa gently caress-ups.

Telegraph as well. This is an event that is uniting the Guardian and Telegraph in joyful schadenfreude at FIFA.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

blue footed boobie posted:

quote:

Blatter is usually pretty good at this. He gives good red carpet: courtly, grinning, a ludicrous old human butterball of a sporting despot who, each year, resembles more and more the World Cup trophy itself, all toasted perma-tan and gleaming gold pate.

God drat

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

British newspapers writing snipe articles about the appearance of people they don't like is probably the best journalism on the planet.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
gently caress off no one cares about your murdoch owned british media. Seriously. Get bent.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

PerpetualSelf posted:

gently caress off no one cares about your murdoch owned british media. Seriously. Get bent.

Source your quotes

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

Buying my Padania kit now.

Arstotzka is gonna win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

PerpetualSelf posted:

lol the guardian is terrible generally but its sports is good and also its not owned by murdoch you total simpleton.