Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Elway: We won't go higher than a sixth
Jones: Ridiculous, I want at least a third
Elway: Forget it, we're out. Enjoy seeing Romo on the Texans
Jones: Ok fine we'll take the sixth
Elway: Nope, offer's off the table

~Tony Romo traded to Broncos for seventh round pick~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

Elway: We won't go higher than a sixth
Jones: Ridiculous, I want at least a third
Elway: Forget it, we're out. Enjoy seeing Romo on the Texans
Jones: Ok fine we'll take the sixth
Elway: Nope, offer's off the table

~Tony Romo traded to Broncos for seventh round pick~

Lmao I want this to happen because gently caress Jerry Jones

But then I would feel bad because you'll be sad, Intruder.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

We're getting Romo and then he's going to turn to garbage and we're going to go 8-8 but still win the AFCS so our draft position will still suck.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Lmao I want this to happen because gently caress Jerry Jones

But then I would feel bad because you'll be sad, Intruder.

D'awwww :glomp:

But yes I'm going to be sad when we roll into 2017 with Tom Savage starting

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

There's a kid at my work who is probably going to get fired and I'm doing nothing to stop it because he said "Tony Romo isn't clutch."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

There's a kid at my work who is probably going to get fired and I'm doing nothing to stop it because he said "Tony Romo isn't clutch."

Good, I hope he dies of an easily preventable medical ailment due to inability to pay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTCZ6iCP4Wg

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Welp

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/846488501554073601

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Good I need drama

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

Good I need drama

Is an entire franchise moving not enough for you

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

Is an entire franchise moving not enough for you

Which one?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jerry Jones is such a pile of poo poo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

On the plus side, the fact that he's stringing Romo along after all his talk about "do right" contracts prior to the new league year makes it less likely Romo rules out the Texans out of loyalty

Right?

:sigh:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Intruder posted:

On the plus side, the fact that he's stringing Romo along after all his talk about "do right" contracts prior to the new league year makes it less likely Romo rules out the Texans out of loyalty

Right?

:sigh:

Romo is gonna have a steer on his helmet and its going to be interesting and I'm actually going to cheer for the Texans for once.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

I knew which one lol

I was more bringing to light that there have now been 3 NFL franchise moves in a short period of time, which is just crazy to think about.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kordell Stewart on Houston radio saying the Texans should sign AP and qb doesn't matter

lol

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

weird Asian candy posted:

I knew which one lol

I was more bringing to light that there have now been 3 NFL franchise moves in a short period of time, which is just crazy to think about.

This is one of those 'if you could go back in time to screw with your younger self' and just pop in and go 'hey guess what LA's going to have two NFL teams again really soon, and neither of them will be the Raiders, but they're moving too, and also you have a tumor and you won't believe where it is!' and then pop out again.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Intruder posted:

Kordell Stewart on Houston radio saying the Texans should sign AP and qb doesn't matter

lol

erotic smashmouth but without the slightest passing threat whatsoever. like if we gave forever_peace a team

seven linemen on the field at all times, run power for an entire game, maybe some outside stuff if they're feeling frisky

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

lol

Hahaha why would they want another injury-prone back if they already have Lamar Miller?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Abugadu posted:

This is one of those 'if you could go back in time to screw with your younger self' and just pop in and go 'hey guess what LA's going to have two NFL teams again really soon, and neither of them will be the Raiders, but they're moving too, and also you have a tumor and you won't believe where it is!' and then pop out again.

And you'll never guess who the President was during all of this

Also the Cubs win the World Series

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Intruder posted:

lol

TBF, his coach was Cowher whose philosophy was that offense only exists to not lose a game for the overwhelming defense. Poor Kordell probably has recurring dreams about being told that the ideal QB is a game manager, like Dilfer

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

lol
Didn't realize Kordell's concussions were that bad

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He cried afterward I think

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

pubic works project posted:

Hahaha why would they want another injury-prone back if they already have Lamar Miller?

Lamar Miller has missed 2 games in his entire career and that was last season when he was on pace for like a million touches?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

TheBizzness posted:

Lamar Miller has missed 2 games in his entire career and that was last season when he was on pace for like a million touches?

Oh yeah I'm remembering that wrong. It seemed like he was hurt all the time in Miami, but that's probably because they didn't use him more like they should have.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tony-romo-reportedly-taking-cowboys-saga-very-personally-not-a-fan-of-team-dak/

quote:

Jerry Jones and Romo supposedly have a wink-wink understanding about his future, but if that’s the case, why won’t the Cowboys release him ? We know what his market is -- Denver and Houston -- so maybe Jerry doesn’t want to see Romo playing elsewhere , particularly if elsewhere is “elsewhere in Texas.”
The idea that Dallas thinks it’s getting something in a trade is crazy . Denver is not your spot for that . Maybe it’s just a very bizarre game of chicken .
Whatever the case, according to a report from Jen Slater of NFL Network, the whole process is taking a toll on Romo and he’s starting to take things “personally.”
Not just that the Cowboys won’t release him either -- Romo apparently believes the locker room went Judas on him by shifting over to “Team Dak.”

Uh of course the locker room is going to rally behind their starting QB whoever that may be (as long as he doesn't suck, ie Osweiler/Hoyer/whoever the Texans have been starting)

Don't be a pissbaby Tony

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

a patagonian cavy posted:

erotic smashmouth but without the slightest passing threat whatsoever. like if we gave forever_peace a team

seven linemen on the field at all times, run power for an entire game, maybe some outside stuff if they're feeling frisky

If you could really get 3 yards and a cloud of dust every play it would be cool if a team ran every down, took all the time off the playclock before each play and scored at the end of the half or game. You would only need one defensive stop to win! Would need to have 2 'units' of linemen though, and like 5 RB's.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Chris Long signed with the Eagles

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I feel for Romo. I need a #HomoforRomo T Shirt. Or tag. Or Army.

Hopefully he gets sent to the best team that can give him a Bowl

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

If you could really get 3 yards and a cloud of dust every play it would be cool if a team ran every down, took all the time off the playclock before each play and scored at the end of the half or game. You would only need one defensive stop to win! Would need to have 2 'units' of linemen though, and like 5 RB's.

That would be sweet, but it's obviously too easy for a defense to just trot out its goal-line-stand fat guy squad and stop you for four plays, if you totally remove your passing game as an option. Your division rivals would be sticking Sumo wrestlers on their practice squad and activating them twice a season just to play you.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gatts posted:

I feel for Romo. I need a #HomoforRomo T Shirt. Or tag. Or Army.

Hopefully he gets sent to the best team that can give him a Bowl

quite the custom title you've got there

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

No Butt Stuff posted:

quite the custom title you've got there

Yeah. It only took 17 years to get one on SA

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gatts posted:

Yeah. It only took 17 years to get one on SA

I've been stalking bartenders for about 17 years, okay? I don't write my titles anymore, I just earn them from my shitposts, you know what I'm saying, I can do that. No disrespect... but that's how I am :c00l:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

*gets curious, checks*

*closes thread, slowly walks away*

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

loquacius posted:

I've been stalking bartenders for about 17 years, okay? I don't write my titles anymore, I just earn them from my shitposts, you know what I'm saying, I can do that. No disrespect... but that's how I am :c00l:

Got that track stuck in my head now, not a bad thing

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Yeah so about that football.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm stalking Tony Romo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I love to people watch, especially one at a time!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Intruder posted:

I'm stalking Tony Romo

Homo for Romo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Since the Texans are bad at pass pro there'll be ample opportunities to make Romosacktual jokes

• Locked thread