Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

40 lbs to freedom posted:

are lazerhawks still the major boogeyman of holes? who are the super big alliances still around? didnt hard knocks get fuckefd or did i just make that up?

hard knocks got hosed, now the big three are lazerhawks, no vacancies, and singularity syndicate.

LZHX and NOVAC still are shitbird collectives, SYNDE seems okay.

TURBO and BNYSE are good people, generally, though the latter's had some rough times lately and their coordination is, uh, lacking. Geese rolled out who we could scrape up at a moment's notice a few times only to get radio silence once we arrived.

floppyspud posted:

Nah I believe feliday, I was talking about init leaders.

You may want to lead with that next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

dragonshardz posted:

You may want to lead with that next time.

"Whatever they are gonna say is gonna be bullshit" made more sense outside of SA and right after the incident, but yeah, probably.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

lol

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Guys you don't get it! Goons are toxic and they always will be toxic! Horde and the rest of papi could never be toxic! Only goons!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

who said horde wasn't toxic af

fairly sure they've been almost universally panned itt and in the prior thread as an example of the kind of :reddit: community GSF is becoming

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

floppyspud posted:

Guys you don't get it! Goons are toxic and they always will be toxic! Horde and the rest of papi could never be toxic! Only goons!

what the gently caress are you talking about

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Horde people constantly saying that imperium are toxic and that you should go to horde cus it's safe. Not anymore!

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Potato Salad posted:

Horde

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

lmao

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i agree with the sentiment of the horde poster in that image; however:

dolan fuckman

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
ok kids here's the deal i love the hang out with my oldschool buddies delta sqad but i am done with the drama factory poo poo, you got suckered in by a nazi dating suas wannabe for your csm election funtime and now championed some dumb poo poo against xenuria when i was on vacation

i will run a loving lawnmower over this poo poo a few times if i have to, daddy is back so generally pipe the gently caress down and stop distrcting us from the extremely involved loving over of bastion

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

syq

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

it's a (slightly) edited quote of mittens posting in the delta sqad discord about a year ago.

replace "bastion" with "papi" and you're accurate iirc

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

bads-tion

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I saw the Angry Spreadsheet was trying to, yet again, spin the Xenuria thing as a simple mistake and that none of Mittani's actions regarding him actually happened. And they say he's won EVE and isn't puppet mastering behind the scenes

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I read the first part and I thought that it was a brag about how inclusive Horde was. I rolled my eyes, thinking that this was pretty basic "average decent human being" stuff that barely deserved comment.

That they were forced to step down over the sheer controversy of that statement is certainly something.

But then glass houses. I'm not defending anyone, but I can certainly condemn Horde.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Sep 21, 2022

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

No you can't read the text anymore but you get the joke.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
No one else think it was weird the first description was 'frowned upon' ?

I would have gone with unacceptable and left it at that.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

This thread is more fun than the game.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Bible posted:

This thread is more fun than the game.

all my PI's have stopped production

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

:lol:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

:yikes:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

that's some good poo poo right there, do you mind if I hit it again?

ahhhh yeahhhh

thanks thread 💖

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
it is known as a resonance cascade event

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
PH and Imperium have more in common than they know, both being reddit alliances.

I await the inevitable bluing and demonization of frat as a common enemy to keep membercounts up.

E: join goosefleet, we do hole stuff sometimes.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Somewhere there is an elderly retired goon sat by a fire going “told ‘em, said if they allowed sponsored members Reddit would creep in and take over, told ‘em I did”

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
there's two approaches to cleaning up dumps, one is bottom up where there's an organic culture change because somebody people like gets fed up and bullies assholes into not being assholes, and its difficult because you have a lot of dumbasses who wanna keep being offensive because it makes them laugh and others mad

the other is top down where the people in charge enforce it and its the much easier option, especially in relatively insular communities because those guys are going to want to keep hanging out with the people they know more than saying gamer words, but it does require the effort of either empowering someone willing to stomp on things and backing them up or doing the stomping themselves

learnincurve posted:

Somewhere there is an elderly retired goon sat by a fire going “told ‘em, said if they allowed sponsored members Reddit would creep in and take over, told ‘em I did”

its too warm to have a fire rn

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

there's two approaches to cleaning up dumps, one is bottom up where there's an organic culture change because somebody people like gets fed up and bullies assholes into not being assholes, and its difficult because you have a lot of dumbasses who wanna keep being offensive because it makes them laugh and others mad

the other is top down where the people in charge enforce it and its the much easier option, especially in relatively insular communities because those guys are going to want to keep hanging out with the people they know more than saying gamer words, but it does require the effort of either empowering someone willing to stomp on things and backing them up or doing the stomping themselves

its too warm to have a fire rn

feels like a combination of both would work best imo.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

fairly sure they've been almost universally panned itt and in the prior thread as an example of the kind of :reddit: community GSF is becoming

Lotta people when the great diaspora was happening. "Join phorde, you don't have to deal with that kinda toxicity!"

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

learnincurve posted:

I’ll thank you to climb out of my head.

Edit: why am I absolutely not shocked that there are goons posting on Reddit that Mittani did nothing wrong in the threads about hordes bad behavior.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 22, 2022

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

lollontee posted:

all my PI's have stopped production

keep going

Cippalippus posted:

I haven't played EVE in over 12 years, or posted here in ages, but I clicked on the EVE thread and see firstname lastname. Is that actually you? You were one of the funniest in Goonfleet back in the very old days.

hi buddy :)

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 22, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

I’ll thank you to climb out of my head.

Edit: why am I absolutely not shocked that there are goons posting on Reddit that Mittani did nothing wrong in the threads about hordes bad behavior.

I mean, it's not isolated to reddit

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

NSH saying the mittani did nothing wrong? That's gotta be a joke.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I just saw it and thought "well, that looks weird" in passing

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Dalmuti posted:

~borat voice~ im logged into eve online not

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Its poo poo like this that makes me not regret my decision to make a fuss a few months back. Its clear that there's too many loving idiots in that alliance who can't loving see when someone is actually problematic.

I'm suuure the ticket system will fix that attitude

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is all basically symbiotic interactionism breaking the age crime curve and then jumping up and down on it going "it's 2006 and I am still 18 if my reality says it is!"

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

learnincurve posted:

This is all basically symbiotic interactionism breaking the age crime curve and then jumping up and down on it going "it's 2006 and I am still 18 if my reality says it is!"

Nah its about the inability of a large part of the population to understand what's morally right and entrenching their idiotic opinions without ever being able to do some introspection and wonder if their tribal identity might not have overridden their sense of logic. And that bleeds into games such as EVE online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
symbiotic interactionism :haw: