Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Feliday Melody posted:

Since there's been no post here about it.

Apparently, Init told a CD diplomat exactly what they were going to be doing to these citadels several months ago. That diplomat had no knowledge of citadel mechanics and didn't move it up the chain because they didn't think it was important.

The coalition is making rules against doing something like this in the future, and Init has stopped what they were doing and will unanchor the remaining citadels.

There may be some compensation for some people. Mention specifically are Ukrainians who literally haven't been able to log into the game due to the war.

This sounds dumb enough that it might actually be true.

It's still not an excuse for anything, at minimum the first question from CD should have been "What structure(s)? we'll need to ping that out in case people have poo poo there for <insert various reasons here>".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

please don't treat globby like a person, because he really isn't one. he has, through his intensely awful posting, proven that he has an innate need to dominate others and can only be coerced into civilized cooperative behavior if that cooperation comes at the expense of others. much like a wild animal, he can only imagine actions that benefit him in the immediacy. the lizard part of his brain overtakes that which makes the rest of us people. my advice, then, is to treat him the way you would treat a wild animal. you don't poke it with sticks, but rather let it be on its way or remove it from where you don't want it. good luck, goons

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Wibla posted:

This sounds dumb enough that it might actually be true.

It's still not an excuse for anything, at minimum the first question from CD should have been "What structure(s)? we'll need to ping that out in case people have poo poo there for <insert various reasons here>".

From what I understand. The diplomat didn't realize what would happen based on the information provided. They probably assumed that it was a regular structure take down and that allied assets would go to asset safety.

A fragment of responsibility falls on CD, but Init carries most of it and should never have done what they did in the first place.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
there's no way they didn't know that would happen. we literally tested it ourselves on a reddit (or reddit allied) Keepstar during the first GEF deployment after the war. poo poo loads of pings explaining what would happen so GSOL could scoop up expensive poo poo. I had Diplo's ping me in game accusing me of goon loving when I shot at an empty marchiel hull (I didn't blow it up)

OMFG FURRY fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 20, 2022

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

OMFG FURRY posted:

there's no way they didn't know that would happen. we literally tested it ourselves on a reddit (or reddit allied) fort during the first GEF deployment after the war. poo poo loads of pings explaining what would happen so GSOL could scoop up expensive poo poo. I had Diplo's ping me in game accusing me of goon loving when I shot at an empty marchiel hull (I didn't blow it up)

It was sent to one diplomat "a few months ago" who didn't forward it to CD. Because they didn't understand what was going to happen and so didn't consider it important.

I have no idea how Init phrased it to that diplomat.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I can absolutely believe a burnt-out diplo just being like "I have more important things to do than get fussed about some old abandoned station in this dead gay game." Hell, I've got a backlog of geese-related things to do because real life suddenly took priority and thankfully I'm confident none of the things on my plate will result in goosefucking but people are fallible.

That doesn't excuse init's goonfucking but it's a nice little comedic detour on this train of fuckups.

https://twitter.com/amyngyn/status/1072576388518043656

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
"An ally has just told me they're going to do a thing that I'm not 100% sure of the ramifications of, better not inform anyone about this in my role of liaising with various allies" is not even an remotely an excuse

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 20, 2022

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Unless CD has changed since I was there, all conversations are required to be logged and uploaded for view by CD management and all other CD members. Sometimes opsec stuff is redacted but the rest of the conversation is required to be logged even if it's just a courtesy call check in conversation with no eve related substance. So either the CD member didn't do their job, or CD leadership didn't do theirs. If init can prove the info was given, then the fault lies with CD

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If I were going to blow up a structure belonging to people I was forced to be blue with but hated I would 100% find the most frazzled burnt out diplo, preferably one who normally deals with a unrelated subject, and then be as vague as possible about my evil plans. I would do this safe in the knowledge that GSF will bend over backwards to appease Brisc and by extension, Reddit.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
The greatest trick The Mittani ever played was that GSF, and by extension The Imperium, was a well run spaceship guild

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

please don't treat globby like a person, because he really isn't one. he has, through his intensely awful posting, proven that he has an innate need to dominate others and can only be coerced into civilized cooperative behavior if that cooperation comes at the expense of others. much like a wild animal, he can only imagine actions that benefit him in the immediacy. the lizard part of his brain overtakes that which makes the rest of us people. my advice, then, is to treat him the way you would treat a wild animal. you don't poke it with sticks, but rather let it be on its way or remove it from where you don't want it. good luck, goons

Please don't dehumanize people over a stupid video game regardless of how bad a poster they are

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Dalael posted:

Please don't dehumanize people over a stupid video game regardless of how bad a poster they are

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981?s=46&t=rwE2JFLBV8BDmjZnUDyvmg

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

alternatively please stop posting like weirdos and instead talk about the hit 2001 spaceship video game eve online

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

"An ally has just told me they're going to do a thing that I'm not 100% sure of the ramifications of, better not inform anyone about this in my role of liaising with various allies" is not even an remotely an excuse

I believe the point of this story is that they were 100% sure of the ramifications. They were wrong about it.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Dalael posted:

It's entirely up to the poster in question whether they wish to continue depersonalizing themself.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

plenty of advice and recommendations and ideas have been floated ITT on how globby can stop doing this to himself, but ultimately he's his own man and he can make his own decisions

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

The Shortest Path posted:

alternatively please stop posting like weirdos and instead talk about the hit 2001 spaceship video game eve online

:yeah:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
it's pretty amazing how crazy people get over me getting blown up repeatedly, through repetition of mistakes known by me to be mistakes. i recently flew my brand new covetor into the nest hole, and got right back to mingning veldspar in a cleared combat instance. 10 minutes later, first a sabre, to which i reacted by undocking my proteus, and then a whole murder of lazerhawks dropped on my veldsparic rear end. fun times, but i really need to get that covetor BPO now...

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Potato Salad posted:

plenty of advice and recommendations and ideas have been floated ITT on how globby can stop doing this to himself, but ultimately he's his own man and he can make his own decisions

Should probably just start probing his enablers. You know.... the people constantly responding to him and constantly posting about him. His enablers. That'd be a lot more effective.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
you should not be allowed to read the posts, here, or elsewhere

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

lollontee posted:

you should not be allowed to read the posts, here, or elsewhere

Real talk, it's because you turn the hole into a hunting ground for seal clubbers.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i am providing content

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
man i thought we were friends. why did you come to me with your plans to bankrupt the delta swaq with SRPs through my provable incompetence, if you're just going to flame me like this?

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

akma posted:

Should probably just start probing his enablers. You know.... the people constantly responding to him and constantly posting about him. His enablers. That'd be a lot more effective.

i like reading the same 5 people epicly dunk him 2009 style after every post, though

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Real talk, it's because you turn the hole into a hunting ground for seal clubbers.

Much like when he posts genocide denial in D&D

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

floppyspud posted:

Lol told my corpmates the only things they could say about this was gonna be complete bullshit, I was not wrong.

idk feliday's more in tune with the goings-on in the Imperium than you so I'd take what she says as true.

i'm just here for the commentary.

The greatest trick The Mittani ever played was that GSF, and by extension The Imperium, was a well run spaceship guild

:vince:

CainFortea posted:

I believe the point of this story is that they were 100% sure of the ramifications. They were wrong about it.

:hmmyes:

akma posted:

shitposting in a troll's direction is not against the rules, so how about no

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

lollontee posted:

it's pretty amazing how crazy people get over me getting blown up repeatedly, through repetition of mistakes known by me to be mistakes. i recently flew my brand new covetor into the nest hole, and got right back to mingning veldspar in a cleared combat instance. 10 minutes later, first a sabre, to which i reacted by undocking my proteus, and then a whole murder of lazerhawks dropped on my veldsparic rear end. fun times, but i really need to get that covetor BPO now...

Have you thought about flying hulks? I post like someone who has hulk BPCs in nest

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

are lazerhawks still the major boogeyman of holes? who are the super big alliances still around? didnt hard knocks get fuckefd or did i just make that up?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

akma posted:

there's a term for what you're trying to do, and it is transparent as hell

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

learnincurve posted:

Have you thought about flying hulks? I post like someone who has hulk BPCs in nest

i have thought about hunks, and riding them through astreroid fields, and the strip mining of their clotches, huffing the farts... yeah,

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rust Martialis posted:

You post this with a rap sheet like that

:lol:

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary
Are there new ships yet

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

learnincurve posted:

You post this with a rap sheet like that

Maybe you should be more concerned about his?

Whatever posting crimes you can find in my rap sheet, genocide denial isn't one.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 20, 2022

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Sadly, people are quite content learning just enough about any particular subject to make woefully bad decisions with confidence as it pertains to their limited knowledge in any given subject area.

Now multiply this by 10,000,000 because Internet Anonymity and Ego are both wild things that unfortunately loving exist.

e: quoted wrong post.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rust Martialis posted:

Maybe you should be more concerned about his?

Whatever posting crimes you can find in my rap sheet, genocide denial isn't one.

oh word?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rust Martialis posted:

:this:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What is goon?

*looks at lollontee's rap sheet

That is goon.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

40 lbs to freedom posted:

are lazerhawks still the major boogeyman of holes? who are the super big alliances still around? didnt hard knocks get fuckefd or did i just make that up?

hk and inner hell are both dead so of the big 3 lzhx is the only one that still exists. As ever, it is still 10 zoomers octoboxing every fight with SC2 levels of APM

of the lower-tier entities that can and do still evict small corps, holesale, war and wormhole and uh... some group of russians i can't remember the name still exist. much as with FW, WHs are treated as a retirement home/diversion for null bloc players

synde, protean concept and turbofeed or glory also still exist but mostly roll their statics for k-space content, not j-space

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

dragonshardz posted:

idk feliday's more in tune with the goings-on in the Imperium than you so I'd take what she says as true.

Nah I believe feliday, I was talking about init leaders.