Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

General Dog posted:

Wouldn’t Kirby have probably just washed out at South Carolina by now if he’d ended up as HC there?

Probably but if you look at his SEC east competition during his tenure, maybe not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

I. M. Gei posted:

Can't wait for Texas to go undefeated and win a natty this season

I don’t know what the o/u on Texas wins is or will be but take the under. Hype is gonna say expect to be in title contention, but the DL and secondary are both looking like liabilities, Baxter has not shown Bijan/Brooks type ability at RB, and the loss of Worthy, Mitchell, and Sanders in the receiving corps will be felt. Last year was the lightning in a bottle year and we still had to luck into like 4 of our wins. Way more likely we drift back toward a season more typical of Texas/Sark than take that step to the next level.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
The only team with zero excuses this year is Ohio State.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

A Sneaker Broker posted:

goddamn if Moore makes it a 4-peat i think the Michigan smugness will break all known levels. Doesn't matter if they go 4-7 before, ruining Ryan Day's life would be worth it.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

ryan day will be the excuse

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I hope Lou Holtz antagonizes Ryan Day even more this season.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

ryan day will be the excuse

Nope. Ryan Day would be welcomed by almost all teams except Georgia, Texas, Oregon, Alabama, and Michigan. If he can't get it done this year, a lot of people need to go.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dance McPants posted:

goddamn if Moore makes it a 4-peat i think the Michigan smugness will break all known levels. Doesn't matter if they go 4-7 before, ruining Ryan Day's life would be worth it.

I almost feel like them losing only to Michigan and still winning a title is the funniest outcome.

E: I still want the Buckeyes to lose badly and always, but the idea of their title being marred by a middling Michigan with a first year coach and the stink hanging around Day after would be great.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 13, 2024

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I want to see Donovan Edwards break off another couple huge touchdown runs in the Shoe to finally destroy Ryan Day.

Dude just turns into a pile of bones on the sideline like Super Ghouls ‘N Ghosts.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Day is more Just For Men than bone at this point

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

That’s shoe polish. He smells like Dante from Clerks.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I forgot that man named Chip Kelly is also on OSU lol. They need to win it all. No excuses.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Why, who cares

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I feel like we got cheated out of a 30 for 30 on the Shithead All-Stars coaching staff TAMU ran out there. Jimbo, Durkin, and Petrino? They should have got Jay Paterno to hand out water bottles or something while they were at it

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Don’t forget Addazio; which was lowkey probably the hire that got him fired

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

General Dog posted:

Why, who cares

Some programs have national title aspirations

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GD_American posted:

I feel like we got cheated out of a 30 for 30 on the Shithead All-Stars coaching staff TAMU ran out there. Jimbo, Durkin, and Petrino? They should have got Jay Paterno to hand out water bottles or something while they were at it

It usually takes time for those kinds of stories to come out, just keep it in the back of your mind for like 5-10 years from now.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

whos that broooown posted:

Some programs have national title aspirations

Does aspirations count for anything now? Asking for a friend.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

General Dog posted:

Wouldn’t Kirby have probably just washed out at South Carolina by now if he’d ended up as HC there?

depends on who UGA hires in Earth-2 instead of Kirby (or if they just keep Richt, who would've had to hire two new coordinators)

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I like those odds on Virginia to the Big Ten. Picking up another crappy football program is on brand.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

There is no universe in which UVA even remotely fits into the general Big Ten Big-Ten-ness. All of the Big Ten towns (that existed at the time) have monuments from the time they went to war with UVA's general vibe.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Isn’t modern realignment to B1G/SEC essentially going to come down to fanbase size? It is hard to see those two taking Miami. Feels more like the Big 12 would since they want any “brand name teams” they can get.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spacebump posted:

Isn’t modern realignment to B1G/SEC essentially going to come down to fanbase size? It is hard to see those two taking Miami. Feels more like the Big 12 would since they want any “brand name teams” they can get.

Yup.

I really don't think that the P2 are going to be able to break away from the B2 in any meaningful way... It may become a P2/B1, but there will always be an "everyone else" contingent to the top schools.

I think that the G5 just giving up and making their own playoff a-la FCS is a real possibility. The G5 coaches have been talking about the P4 leagues using them as recruiting grounds.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sash! posted:

There is no universe in which UVA even remotely fits into the general Big Ten Big-Ten-ness. All of the Big Ten towns (that existed at the time) have monuments from the time they went to war with UVA's general vibe.

They’re just confederate Michigan but bad at football.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I know it won't happen, but this is college football's chance to move to a relegation/promotion system.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Florida State, a university whose lawyers can’t read contracts, will be a tremendous academic fit for the Big 10.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I just want Pitt and WVU to survive. I feel the same way as the Steelers did when they voted against Cleveland moving to Baltimore. gently caress them, but not like this.

Instead we should have a three way rivalry series where we play for a statue of a groundhog carved out of coal, holding aloft steel deer antlers, on a base of beautiful Pennsylvania bluestone

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
College football game piggies will buy whatever EA puts out and love it and ask for more.

also, clemson seems like they're on the decline and heading further down in football at the wrong time. unsure how the rest of their sports are but IDK they're the slam dunk to get a premier conference bid folks seem to think they are.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They just made a surprise Elite 8 run in men's basketball.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Neil Armbong posted:

College football game piggies will buy whatever EA puts out and love it and ask for more.

also, clemson seems like they're on the decline and heading further down in football at the wrong time. unsure how the rest of their sports are but IDK they're the slam dunk to get a premier conference bid folks seem to think they are.

Clemson to the sun belt

They can be in-state rivals with Coastal

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Neil Armbong posted:

I feel like Clemson could probably get back into title contention (instead of being a "just OK" 10-win kind of team) if Dabo can be made to give up his vendetta against transfers. Mike Krzyzewski had to finally give up on his opposition to 1-and-dones and it worked out almost instantly for him.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sash! posted:

Instead we should have a three way rivalry series where we play for a statue of a groundhog carved out of coal, holding aloft steel deer antlers, on a base of beautiful Pennsylvania bluestone
In

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

Florida State, a university whose lawyers can’t read contracts, will be a tremendous academic fit for the Big 10.

This

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

and we'll win :smug:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I’m gonna buy that poo poo no matter what

Yeah....me too. I'm even gonna pre order it when i know in my heart of hearts thats a terrible idea these days, but GOTTA have it day 1.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Sash! posted:

West virginia to the BIG

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Michigan opens the season with a night game.

https://x.com/umichfootball/status/1790053126822674466?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

And The Game being held at Noon EST, as the Lord intended.

https://x.com/umichfootball/status/1790133790464962833?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1790115432084500540

https://twitter.com/BudElliott3/status/1790116840087171141?r

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Don't worry they already shutdown the dei stuff and redirected the funds to more cops. Problem already half solved