Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Barudak posted:

I actually had a mental back and forth of knowing Ive referenced that story too much, trying to think of another roughly equivalent in this context story to use, then giving up because Im tired and accepting that I now come across as an impassioned anti-dog rollerskate advocate with a garage filled with protest posters on the subject.

You can prove this by making rollerskates for cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

I hate it because I work for a pet supply company, and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we ended selling the loving things to retailers and then I'd be the one getting all the angry calls when Pookums skated himself right into the lake.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I hate it because I work for a pet supply company, and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we ended selling the loving things to retailers and then I'd be the one getting all the angry calls when Pookums skated himself right into the lake.

That's just an opportunity to upsell people on floating jackets for their skater dogs. It's like you don't even know how to market garbage, jeez.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Horse rollerskates.

Think of the injuries.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

A small price to pay for the YouTube videos this would buy us.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

dudeness posted:

r/excels

My [25M] girlfriend [26F] of 1.5 years keeps spreadsheets rating her sex life and relationships. Found them while working on her computer. Don't know if I should tell her/ask to see the previous guys' ratings.

From a few days ago, but this one had a good sequel!

[UPDATE] My [25M] girlfriend [26F] of 1.5 years keeps spreadsheets rating her sex life and relationships. Found them while working on her computer. Don't know if I should tell her/ask to see the previous guys' ratings.

quote:

I thought I should update you guys. Thanks for all the advice. I decided to tell her about my snooping, despite the general consensus being that that would be foolish. My reasons for it were:
  • I felt bad about snooping.
  • I’m terrible at keeping things from people. It probably would’ve come out eventually, so I felt it was best to do it ASAP and in a planned/controlled manner.
  • I still didn’t feel comfortable about the ratings and wanted to understand why she does it and what it means to her. I love her, so I want to understand how her brain works.
  • I wanted to address the sexual issues in a straightforward manner. I know everyone was recommending I just do this organically, but we did a lot of that in the first few months of our relationship. I felt it would come off as odd if I suddenly started asking if she was okay/enjoying the stuff she’s been telling me she prefers for 1.5 years, and she would definitely ask me why I was concerned. Didn’t want to have to lie.
Here’s how it went: I didn’t end up talking to her Friday night because she was busy (exercise class with a friend). It ended up being a good thing, because I still wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. And like I said, I have a hard time hiding things, so she definitely would’ve known something was up. I just ruminated on the whole thing night Friday and finally decided I’d tell her.

So last night, I told her the whole story, and she knew where it was going pretty much, because she started covering her face when I said I searched for my name.
When I explained that I only looked at my tab, though, she was really relieved. I apologized for even opening it in the first place, but she wasn’t really upset about that. She said that she understood the compulsion once I saw the title, she felt it was different from someone who goes out of their way to purposely snoop on their SO, and the fact that I told her instead of hiding it really helped. She said she was relieved I didn’t look at the other tabs, because that would’ve been a much bigger violation of privacy (and not just her privacy, but also the guys’ privacy) and definitely would’ve been an act of jealousy/insecurity rather than curiosity. The whole time she was explaining this, I was just thinking THANK GOD I DIDN’T loving OPEN THOSE OTHER TABS. Seriously, I am so loving happy I did not look at those tabs. Cannot stress this enough. I almost hosed up my relationship a lot.

Anyway, as for the whole question of why she keeps track and what the ratings mean, /u/spreadsheets4life was spot on. She just really likes keeping track of her own personal data. She has spreadsheets for her health (recording her weight, how energetic she feels, allergy symptoms, so on…) and even some completely silly ones like keeping track of how long her hair is.

I told her I was worried since I saw the sex ratings were decreasing and I wanted to know what I should do differently. She said the ratings were about her personal enjoyment, not my performance. Apparently, she’s gained a bit of weight over the past couple months, and she felt her own self-image was keeping her from enjoying sex as much. That’s why she joined a gym and decided to go to the exercise class this week. I was totally flabbergasted by this, because I honestly have not noticed the weight gain. I told her that, and she was basically like, you’re sweet but completely oblivious sometimes.

I made sure to let her know that I think she’s gorgeous and sexy and has no reason to feel badly about her body. She said that’s all fine and good, but this was more about her internal validation than external validation. She said this has happened before in previous relationships, and because of the spreadsheets, she was able to figure out the problem and fix it. I said I understood, but I’d really like it if she told me that she wasn’t enjoying sex as much, so I could help her. She said she hadn’t thought to tell me, because she was already taking steps to fix it. I asked her to please just tell me anyway. It’s not fun to have sex if the other person isn’t having fun too. I’m actually going to start making healthier foods for the two of us, since I suspect the weight gain is probably partially my fault since I love to cook and am always making comfort foods.

All in all, it went way better than I could have ever expected! She doesn’t think I’m a horrible sex partner, and I now know how I can help our sex life. She was a little concerned about me finding out about her spreadsheets though. Apparently a previous bf found out and freaked out and told her she was too cold and robotic. I said that now that I understand why she does it, I realize it’s not that unlike a diary (thank you to the people who made this comparison in the original thread! It really helped me). She was very happy to hear that.

Sorry this update took so long. It was a busy weekend, and my gf had some data she needed help gathering

tl;dr: I told her. She wasn’t too upset about the snooping, she explained the sex ratings were more about her than about me, and we’re going to work on being healthier together so her self-image can be back where it was before.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

dudeness posted:

My (F24) fiance (M27) gave away $170,000 to pay for another woman's education. Should this be a deal breaker?

quote:

I asked him what this was about and he doesn't say much other than we don't need the money that bad. But we kind of do. He was contacted by this girl and he didn't say much about what she said. This all seems very odd behavior to me. I asked him why and he won't say anything other than it's okay we'll be fine. I just want to know what he's doing and why.

quote:

Next thing I know the money is gone to pay for tuition for this single mother.

hm, i wonder who the father could be

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PleasingFungus posted:

hm, i wonder who the father could be

No kidding.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Well ok.

W

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

quote:

Seriously, I am so loving happy I did not look at those tabs. 

Hahahahahaha
Look at the tabs :shepicide:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

Me [29F] with my boyfriend [28 M] of 3+ years, not sure if this is cultural, personality, or I've just tolerated things I shouldn't for far too longRelationships
submitted 15 hours ago by le_mango

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 3 1/2 years. When we met I was in a long-term relationship, and living with, someone else and we had recently "opened" our relationship. Ultimately my ex and I broke up and I explored dating non-monogamously for a while, including with the man who is now my monogamous boyfriend. I tried to be open and communicative with partners about exploring non-monogamy, but ultimately it just seemed to make everyone I dated really unhappy so after a few months I agreed to date this man exclusively.

He is very intelligent and well-spoken in many ways, but he is one of the most emotionally closed-off people I have ever met. He would always prefer to have a discussion about something abstract in the world to listening to a personal story or discussing the events of my day, especially if they were at all emotional or upsetting. I couldn't put my finger on why I was doing it, but I found myself keeping things from him-- things like my grandmother was dying in hospice care. Eventually I came to realize it was because I knew I couldn't count on him for any sort of emotional support. Generally he would just change the topic immediately to something else if I brought up anything difficult or personal, proceeding with the conversation as if I had never said anything at all. He can debate his own pet ideas at length, so he is not otherwise conversationally maladroit. Once, when we were out with some of his long time friends and he had gone to the restroom, I had been drinking quite a bit and confessed to his buddy that after 3+ years of dating I still didn't feel like I had a personal connection with him, and his friend (from college, so 10 ish years of friendship) said something along the lines of "that's just how he is."

To add another layer to all of this, we do not share cultural backgrounds. Although he grew up in the US, his family culturally Arab and much more religiously devout than he is. They do not know the details of his personal life (e.g. that he drinks alcohol and does not pray regularly or keep prescribed diet) but he has shared with me that even still they think of him as the "black sheep" of the family since he lives a secular lifestyle. As a result, his family does not know of my existence to this day. My own family know who he is and my mother has asked on several occasions to meet him (she lives across the country so this is somewhat difficult to arrange, but last summer when she came for a visit he was so weird about meeting her that I didn't push for the introduction, but I was very upset about his response), asks about him regularly, and has her own personal ideas about why he is keeping me from his family. Obviously, I talk with the people who are close to me about him and about our relationship, but as near as I can tell, he doesn't ever bring me up in conversation with others, to the degree that people he has played on sports teams with and been personally close to for years have been surprised to learn of my existence. These are not like, family friends who might report back to his mother and cause a family rift-- they are people who drink socially with him regularly.

These differences in communication styles and cultural background have always bothered me, but lately they have come to seem insurmountable. I guess I assumed our relationship would progress and change over time, since this has been my experience in past relationships. However after several years I continue to feel just as shut out of his life as I always ways. Originally I wanted to pursue non-monogamy because of a belief that no single person can ever meet all of your sexual, emotional, and personal needs, and that it is not fair the way we expect our romantic partners to be our whole world. However I end up feeling like I closed the door to other meaningful connections in order to be with a man who is either unwilling or unable to put any emotional work into our relationship. He can be very sweet and even romantic when the time calls for it, but god forbid I have a bad day and want to discuss it.
So, given all of this, I have thought many times about ending the relationship in the hopes of pursuing one that might meet my needs better. There is a lot of good things we have going for us as a couple, and are fairly well matched in other regards, but these differences have only become more of an issue over time because it does not seem like they will ever change. However, lately he has been struggling with a variety of mysterious health issues and seems to be in near-constant pain and discomfort. Sometimes I get so angry because it seems like the "health issues" flare up precisely when I am trying to talk about something meaningful. I will be in the middle of a sentence and he will grimace and clutch at his chest or neck, and then interrupt me to complain about his physical discomfort. I believe him that he is sick and struggling (I don't think he would be putting himself through all of the invasive Dr's tests he has undergone lately if he wasn't desperate to find out what's wrong), but I've gotten to the point where I no longer even want to try to communicate with him because I know it will end with a pained expression on his face and me feeling unheard and unsupported.

I do have a great best friend and am close to my mom, so I have people in my life who are supporting me emotionally, but they live very far away so my contact with them is mostly through phone and text. I had a small number of close personal relationships that I have forged in my city but to a one they each moved away, and I am not a person who makes friends quickly. I started a new job about 5 months ago and have been building relationships with people at work, but they are not intimate/personal connections as I am more of a "slow burn" person. I think that is part of why me and my boyfriend worked initially-- he didn't push for the false intimacy that so bothers me and was comfortable with a slow pace. However I see now that "slow pace" might mean that the highest level of intimacy I ever get to experience with him may be waiting by his bedside after surgery, and it is unlikely to ever involve e.g. meeting one another's family and friends, living together, being held and comforted when crying, or any of the other sort of "markers" of intimacy I would like to experience.

tl;dr: My boyfriend of many years needs support for his health issues but cannot stand to listen to me talk about the issues in my own life. He has kept me secret from his family and friends. I love him but I've given up on feeling heard or loved except physically.

Thank you for reading!

toot

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My schizophrenic girlfriend [23F] stabbed me [23M] with a fork. Am I a bad person for just wanting out of this relationship?

quote:

My girlfriend of 4 years has schizophrenia. Sadly she's had an incredibly difficult life. Her father is in prison and her mother has a million problems of her own. She had a really difficult life, she was sexually violated from a very young age and had a very bad family and parents.
She's been kicked out school twice during her teenage years, and has also been arrested once. Basically, she's had a really troubled, life, and been in and out of mental care numerous times.

She has schizophrenia since her late teens, the medication she takes and therapy only does so much. She has some really strong delusions that are difficult for her to get rid of and sometimes she even has new ones. She has gotten violent a few times over the past few years, and has required urgent mental help.

I love her dearly, but after this last incident, I'm just so tired of it all. It was at night, she was screaming insane things to me, I tried to calm her down, but she was screaming and afraid. I got too close to her and freaked her out, she stabbed me in the arm with a fork. She immediately freaked out and started crying, I had to call the police, and they came and took us to the hospital.

I needed emergency stitches. I saw her the next morning, she was really heavily sedated, basically almost asleep, in a zombie like state. She seemed happy to see me, she had no memory of stabbing me, but she told me she loves me and she feels scared and lonely and wants to come back home with me. I told her she needs to stay there a while longer.

I didn't have it in me to tell her how I'm feeling. But here's the deal: I'm tired of this relationship. It is too emotionally stressful on me. It is too difficult on me. I really feel for her, I do, it is so tragic what she has been through and what she has. But there comes a point where I have to worry about my own life. I don't want to spend my entire life caring for a mental patient, I have my own dreams and futures I want to pursue. She could have this for the rest of her life, it might get worse, I don't know what will happen. I simply can't force myself to stay in this relationship which is draining so much out of me and taking away so much of my energy.

But she has no one else to really go to. She has no real family or friends who will take her in or look after her. If I abandon her, she'll basically be the government's problem alone and will have to fend for herself.

Am I a bad person for doing this? Am I a bad person for abandoning my girlfriend like this and just wanting to walk away from this relationship for these reasons? How do I explain to her all that, how I feel, and why I want to end this relationship permanently?

tl;dr: Girlfriend with schizophrenia went psychotic and stabbed me, had to be taken in again. I feel so tired of this relationship and I just want out, so I can focus on my own life and future. I don't want to spend the rest of my life looking after a mental patient. How do I explain this to her and let her know? Am I a bad person for doing this?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

quote:

but I've gotten to the point where I no longer even want to try to communicate with him

It sounds very mutual.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I [22M] found a massive network of writings, videos, and accounts belonging to my boyfriend [20M] of 8 months. I'm totally baffled and I don't know how to talk to him about it.

quote:

The other night while he was sleeping over at my place I was on my boyfriend's phone (we're both comfortable going on each others' phones, sometimes we leave things on there for each other) and I was poking around on it and I decided to look at his QuickMemo notepad, which I never usually do. I often take a pic, a selfie, or I text something cute/dumb to myself, whatever, but I was curious this time. He had like reminders and stuff but he had a dozen notes full of like ideas for themed yugioh decks, with like 40 cards listed and all that stuff. I was just a little surprised how much thought he put into the whole thing. I thought it was interesting though how he had a deck built out for me with a strategy involving cards and themes based on my personality traits, that took me aback a tad. He also had ideas for pokemon teams lol, the pokemon with specific natures and moves and themes for the team, I thought it was cute, also I noticed he had a team, like the yugioh thing, of pokemon I would have with moves and everything based on my personality. That just kind of got me thinking, it was odd, also endearing in a way. I didn't know what to make of it. But that was just the very tip of the iceberg. I found a notepad with the passwords and login info to all kinds of accounts I was unaware of.

I started with his main YouTube account I never knew he had. He had uploaded about 170 videos, pretty much all him giving his opinions and views on things ranging from social/political/economic issues, etc. He's got a nice audience, about 24,000 subscribers, and the first upload was two years ago, the last one just a week ago. I didn't poke around too much on this one, I was just really surprised he never told me. Through his added accounts though I found he had another YouTube I never knew about, on this one you couldn't tell who was behind it at all. I logged in and it just totally confused me. Less than 100 uploads with nearly 4000 subscribers, it was all videos with a different song attached to each that would play with this really cool but kind of odd abstract animation that would move and morph with the progression of the song. I'm assuming the animation was his, I'd never seen anything like it before. The first video was uploaded like 3 years ago and they were pretty sporadic in terms of frequency. Not gonna lie, something about it did creep me out a little bit even though I thought it was cool. But then I started wondering what else he had and never told me about.

I went into his gmail, I know, jealous dick move even though I never opened one. It was his google docs though, he had over 1000 writings and papers and stuff.It was all organized with cryptic sounding file names. The one full of school assignments was called "Collective" and nothing was out of place there, although I read some very long papers he apparently wrote for his philosophy classes and boy some of that poo poo was way over my head but some of the more accessible ones were like pretty high-level arguments and writings and expansive ones at that. Many of them though had nothing making them look like a paper for a class, I think he just wrote them on his own. Then there was "Center One" which was full of short stories of fiction he wrote, complete with characters and plot and all that. I read a couple, they were really impressive and he could honestly get them published. Some were not that short at all, some were approaching 100 pages in length and one was 265 freaking pages long. He had also written what looked like two fanfic screenplays for a tv show called Star Trek: Voyager. There were about 20-25 works total in the folder, the earliest dating back to 2011. I really want to read them all sometime tbh. And then there was "Seneschal", full of poems and what seemed like songs. They were pretty awesome, they rhymed and had rhythm and I didn't analyze them very much but they certainly weren't without meaning. Some were actually pretty personally affecting.

Then there was his instagram. I went on it, his personal one that was like barely used and was collecting internet dust. Not much. Then I went on an alternate one he had. This quite honestly very much was unsettling. From the name to the profile picture to the content, it was all faceless and creepy. 1200 followers and he followed no one. He posted pictures of real people, all guys, people I never knew or had seen. Not a single one of himself, and nearly every picture looked like it had been lifted off of their social media. Every single picture, of which there were 34, had a poem as the caption and none of them looked like they'd been in the "Seneschal" google doc folder. Some were videos and I'm pretty sure they were flipagrams, they were just picture slideshows set to music. Every flipagram was full of pictures that looked like they'd been taken off their social media as well, and it was usually dozens of photos of the same person. One was full of entirely asian guys, and I'm Chinese, so that was weird. Another one was full of pictures of these twin guys, and there were a couple pictures of the whole family. The one that really got me was a collection of photos of this one guy, at graduation, hanging with friends, etc. interspersed with amateur photography pics all set to somber piano music. Then there was a picture of a card, right as the emotion of the music peaked, that had his image printed on it and said "'John Smith', 1996-2015". He died. I looked up his real name as printed and he apparently was some dude states away that died in a car crash. It's worth mentioning that every single post was full of comments that were either like "Omg this is creepy af" or "who even is this?" or people tagging their friends like "this is the creepy account I was talking about" or it was people trying to decode everything to figure out who it was. The PMs were similar, all people asking who it was in the pic/vid, who was behind the account, etc. Not one reply. I do take small comfort that the most recent post was before we started officially dating, but the entire thing is super eerie.

About my boyfriend; he is a highly intelligent person and I really love him very much. He does lack substantially with social skills though, he told me he was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome but that he thinks he was misdiagnosed. He has general ideas about what's socially acceptable and mostly knows what to do and what not to do. He can actually do extraordinarily well socially, other times, he can be very awkward when he's not sure what to do. He can also be hilarious and a comedian, and other times get a little annoying because he doesn't immediately realize that enough is enough. He can also talk your loving ear off about his interests and matters pertaining to his interests like oh my God, and sometimes he doesn't realize when he's dominating the convo. There is just SO much going on in his head, and knowing how much he can talk, I don't doubt that he could have written the massive amounts of work that he has, even though he's only 20, because he writes a lot as it is and besides me he has no social life and tons of free time on his own. I am his first boyfriend, he said all the other guys thought he was weird or he didn't fit into what they wanted. I think maybe they didn't understand him, but I have no idea.

I hope this magnum opus I've written myself can give you enough info to help me with. I am truly unsure of what to do or how to even go about this!!

tl;dr I found enormous troves of writings, two semipopular youtubes, and an instagram where he posted pics of guys with captioned poems set to unknown music. I don't even know how to go about discussing this.

I could highlight the entire thing but that would be crazy. Also this one is like 1 hour old and i already can't wait for an update.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Haifisch posted:

I (33F) went to sleep a year ago with my wonderful new husband (40M). I woke up next to a stranger in his body. I can't be two people.

This is from the last page before the arranged marriage chat but I'd like to get some kind of explanation for it, if anyone can offer one.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
He should probably see a doctor. Sweeping changes in character aren't normal.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

dudeness posted:

I [22M] found a massive network of writings, videos, and accounts belonging to my boyfriend [20M] of 8 months. I'm totally baffled and I don't know how to talk to him about it.

I could highlight the entire thing but that would be crazy. Also this one is like 1 hour old and i already can't wait for an update.

Holy poo poo, link

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

SaltyJesus posted:

This is from the last page before the arranged marriage chat but I'd like to get some kind of explanation for it, if anyone can offer one.

as a former soap opera junkie, my money's on brain tumor

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

My schizophrenic girlfriend [23F] stabbed me [23M] with a fork. Am I a bad person for just wanting out of this relationship?

Oh yeah, you know most people just take a stabbing and keep on loving. What sort of ungrateful person would leave a bodily dangerous emotionally draining and personally unfulfilling relationship? Think about all those poor men who cant find a woman and you are just throwing a great one away. Makes me sick it does.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
whoa :stare:

Me [19 F] with my mother[44 f] , she kept my family a secret from me and now i hate her.

quote:

I recently found my birth father and found out i have 3 other brothers. 2 are older, one of whom is my twin. The third brother is 2 years younger than me. My mom took me away from my father after a terrible argument they had about her wanting to move away and travel the world. She took me away with her and ended up in the U.S. where she never let me have contact with my father or my brothers who I didnt even know existed until a few weeks ago. Apparently my dad eventually tracked her down and he was trying to get custody of me/ atelast visit me and have a relationship about 6 months ago. since then He's visisted a few times but i was always wary of him. I was unsure what to make of him. My mom gave me this terrible and angry story of why she left (although i felt it still wasnt justified) and my father didnt want to ever say anything bad of her. I thought maybe both werent telling me the whole picture and as a result i didnt trust either of them.

Recently my mother ended up telling me the whole story. A huge part of the reason she left was because of an affair with one of my d ad's friends. I am so furious. I immediately booked a flight to London so i could finally meet my brothers. They were absolutely amazing. They were so excited to meet me. Me and my twin are so much alike in our sense of humor but different too. We talked for hours and the entire time we were laughing so hard my stomache hurt the next day. My younger brother plays the violin like me except he is much more talented. He's in a band and he invited me to their show and it was awesome to watch him perform.It made me realize what my mother took away from me. I didn't get to share the laughs with them through the years. I didnt get to see their accomplishments. I didnt get to be there for them during all the milestones and little things or be proud of them at their first concert or game or whatever. My older brother is awesome too! he has a family and a little daughter who is so adorable. I think him and I are the most alike and he's been really good to talk to while i cope with my feelings right now.

I'm just so mad at my mother. my whole childhood she led me to believe that we had no other family. Now i have a father,brothers and grandparents (on both sides!). Its changed my lie and my view of her. I always thought she was an amazing mother sho loved and cared for me and worked so hard to provide as a single mother. Its true that she did all that but the fact that she hid so much from hurts my heart. I dont know what to do. I could cut her off from my life but how would i be any different from her? I want to forgive her but seeing all that i missed out on just makes me more angry. I guess i'm not sure what i'm asking here but i'm not entirely sure how to navigate my relationship with my mother from here on out. I want to make sure whatever i do is right/fair for me and her.she's been apologizing and extremely sad. Apparently she's been wanting to tell me but as more time passed she knew teh angrier i might be. Apparently she hated that she lost my brothers and couldnt bear to lose me too.

tl;dr: mother hid my family from me now i'm mad. not sure how to continue this relationship with her.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

whoa :stare:

Me [19 F] with my mother[44 f] , she kept my family a secret from me and now i hate her.

That really sucks. The documentary "Twinsters", on the other hand, is really good and sweet.

Also, from a couple of pages ago: goons talking about what makes a successful marriage is like one troupe of monkeys throwing turds at a neighboring enclosure.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Holy poo poo, link

Already deleted and she didn't really add much in the comments. Reddit being reddit, naturally 4 of the top 5 comments were scolding her for "invading his privacy" even though literally the first words out of OP's mouth were

quote:

I was on my boyfriend's phone (we're both comfortable going on each others' phones, sometimes we leave things on there for each other)

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

PleasingFungus posted:

From a few days ago, but this one had a good sequel!

[UPDATE] My [25M] girlfriend [26F] of 1.5 years keeps spreadsheets rating her sex life and relationships. Found them while working on her computer. Don't know if I should tell her/ask to see the previous guys' ratings.

Hey wow a happy ending!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

blarzgh posted:

Also, from a couple of pages ago: goons talking about what makes a successful marriage is like one troupe of monkeys throwing turds at a neighboring enclosure.

Should change the title to [SMUG MONKEY NOISES]

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Buzkashi posted:

Hey wow a happy ending!

Does that really qualify as a happy ending?

He's still in a relationship with somebody who treats their relationship like she is his supervisor at a call center and the "resolution" basically boiled down to him grovelling over invading her privacy

My prediction on how their relationship eventually ended: She called him into her office, told him his gently caress-times were slipping and his orgasm SLA was't being met, and she was going to have to downsize him for a more productive boyfriend

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I missed you Mirthless and your back with a good one.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Mirthless posted:

Does that really qualify as a happy ending?

He's still in a relationship with somebody who treats their relationship like she is his supervisor at a call center and the "resolution" basically boiled down to him grovelling over invading her privacy

My prediction on how their relationship eventually ended: She called him into her office, told him his gently caress-times were slipping and his orgasm SLA was't being met, and she was going to have to downsize him for a more productive boyfriend

He knows she was more into exes based on her reaction. I'm kind of impressed he wants to make things better, just not sure why it would be with her. 

At least in a diary you wouldn't reduce a sex life down into a score out of 10. That's shallow and lovely (and obsessively weird). 

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 22, 2017

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Once Mirthless posted that he couldn't read the thread unless he was medicated all his posting made sense because he can't help but put himself into the shoes of the biggest loser in every story instead of laughing at them like God intended.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

He knows she was more into exes based on her reaction. I'm kind of impressed he wants to make things better, just not sure why it would be with her.

At least in a diary you wouldn't reduce a sex life down into a score out of 10. That's shallow and lovely (and obsessively weird).

It's even worse when he mentions she'd had a previous relationship melt down over it - she already knows this is a hurtful and weird behavior and just doesn't care

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mirthless posted:

It's even worse when he mentions she'd had a previous relationship melt down over it - she already knows this is a hurtful and weird behavior and just doesn't care

It's not hurtful if they never find out though, right? Weird for days, of course.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mirthless posted:

Autism

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Batterypowered7 posted:

It's not hurtful if they never find out though, right? Weird for days, of course.

That is the same logic that leads to men looking at pornography, which transforms them into sex weirds like Jeff goldblum in The Fly except they are never able to do the gymnastics part

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

That is the same logic that leads to men looking at pornography, which transforms them into sex weirds like Jeff goldblum in The Fly except they are never able to do the gymnastics part

Show us on the doll where he hurt Hugh.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Batterypowered7 posted:

Categorizing and classifying people based on number ratings is hurtful whether or not they find out about it, it's just plain lovely.

It's like saying talking poo poo about somebody behind their back isn't hurtful - just because they're not in the room doesn't mean you're not an rear end in a top hat

Edit: also there's a lot of journal/diary comparisons in the thread which is kind of weird because a meticulously organized spreadsheet on the quality of your boyfriend's lays doesn't sound like therapy so much as it sounds like indulging a compulsive disorder to me. This isn't going to make her a more emotionally available partner, that's for sure.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 22, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Do girl spergs do this? The only thing I know about them is the "don't masturbate in public" Ellie cartoon.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Do girl spergs do this? The only thing I know about them is the "don't masturbate in public" Ellie cartoon.

If there's a spreadsheet there's a spectrum

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Mirthless posted:

Categorizing and classifying people based on number ratings is hurtful whether or not they find out about it, it's just plain lovely.

It's like saying talking poo poo about somebody behind their back isn't hurtful - just because they're not in the room doesn't mean you're not an rear end in a top hat

Edit: also there's a lot of journal/diary comparisons in the thread which is kind of weird because a meticulously organized spreadsheet on the quality of your boyfriend's lays doesn't sound like therapy so much as it sounds like indulging a compulsive disorder to me. This isn't going to make her a more emotionally available partner, that's for sure.

She was rating her enjoyment, not his performance, and was self-aware enough to figure out that he wasn't the problem, her overall health and self-image was. Ultimately she's not trying to manage him with the info, she's trying to manage herself.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

new phone who dis posted:

Show us on the doll where he hurt Hugh.

By the way, The Fly is one of my favorite movies, one of the only truly feminist films, and perfectly encapsulates what it is like to be a woman.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

She also down-rated him because she felt fat and had body image issues, which seems unfair. She'd be better off tracking her calories than projecting that onto her boyfriend's gently caress metrics.

Clark Nova fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Round 1 results are in!
Unsurprisingly, the chomo triumphed over the girl who just wanted to be the very best. Karla Homolka advances to round two.

It turns out the worst, grossest stepdad is much more of a turnoff than Casual Racial Slurs guy. Frank Gallagher makes it.

The man, the myth, the legend: Berth Ell Pup triumphs over Spiker and Sponge to secure a round two spot.

It's hard to top loving your dad, and in the Creepy Parental Incest category, wanting to be a second bride at your son's wedding doesn't do it. The Dadfucker advances.

Throwing a temper tantrum is bad enough, but not a bad as poisoning your girlfriend with foreign weight loss pills without telling her. The Weight Loss Guru makes it.

There's only room in this bracket for one bad dad, and the Slavemaster proves it with a win.

The anti-vaxxer falls before a man truly focused on his health, the Carnivorous Sodomizer.

Finally, a man who had a thread title of his very own, the Wal-Mart Babysitter wins over the Yandere.

Some people voted for all 16 first round bouts, so you don't have to vote again. For everyone else, you have until Saturday to vote on the second half of round one.

Those matches are:
The Satanist vs. the Feces Freezer
The Sex Tourist vs. the SLUTBANGER
The Screaming Masturbator vs. the Damian
The Vacation Wifebeater vs. the Reincarnated Rapist
The Actual Rapist vs. the Enema Bandit
The Financial Prankster vs. the Imaginary Dictator
The Teenage Nazi vs. the Churchill Sperg

Pictures and links here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&perpage=40&pagenumber=1151#post472329754