Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Argas posted:

That's just the XN Raiser's combined sword.

And, y'know, the XN Raiser is explicitly stated to be just a daydream Saji had once. For some asinine reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That post also gets one important detail wrong — the absolute last thing that happens in Amuro’s life before he is vaporized is his complete bewilderment at Char popping off about his mommy complex

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

TheKingofSprings posted:

That post also gets one important detail wrong — the absolute last thing that happens in Amuro’s life before he is vaporized is his complete bewilderment at Char popping off about his mommy complex

Still my favorite protagonist death (or 'death' I guess) in the history of anime

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

TheKingofSprings posted:

I love that he got knocked out of his seat so in his moment of greatest victory where he transcended the bounds of space and time to save the world, he’s also awkwardly clambering over his chair while trying to keep up with a very strange conversation.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Villans ideology being countered directly vs. through the work should be considered separate. Certainly it can be powerful to see the the MC overwhelm the villain both in morals as well as skill, but it's not necessary to show. Especially when the work as a whole already refutes it, and it's the same myopia that the villains already had developed leading into the adoption of ideology that prevents them from changing it or confronting it. Think of the end of S2 of Kaiji, for two seasons we've been seeing this rich rear end in a top hat lord over the overwhelming powers of capital and beating Kaiji with the anti humanist dog eat dog ideological stick. Then when he's finally out of the man's grip he realizes he's exactly where he started, no better off. Until a goon just hands him some money, for no reason other than it's the right thing to do.

Kira having zero answer to Rau while the show presents all the evidence to the audience demonstrates Kira's fallibility. Which the original cut of the show didn't have a problem with, but the subsequent run of Destiny and the HD recuts absolutely do. That alternate reality where Kira Yamato is a competent Superman analogy would be nice to live in, but here we are.

Gripweed posted:

I love that he got knocked out of his seat so in his moment of greatest victory where he transcended the bounds of space and time to save the world, he’s also awkwardly clambering over his chair while trying to keep up with a very strange conversation.

In a way, it is as, if not more, ignoble as any random death in the series. The man died dazed and confused, like so many nameless soldiers before him.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
GBO2 continues to dig deep into the well of obscure suits, last week having the MP ZZ Gundam and the week before that bringing in the Dolmel of all things, which originated in a MSG fighting game from back in the 90's as that game's final boss and has barely appeared in anything since then

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

GBO2 continues to dig deep into the well of obscure suits, last week having the MP ZZ Gundam and the week before that bringing in the Dolmel of all things, which originated in a MSG fighting game from back in the 90's as that game's final boss and has barely appeared in anything since then

The Dolmel's an interesting design. There's something about it that reminds me of the machines from Mekton Zeta.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

a suit that "boasts a high degree of perfection" and "Toe Beams", according to the wiki

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Gripweed posted:

Sure, but what if the Astraea was holding it? 400 dollars.

Got me there.

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

And, y'know, the XN Raiser is explicitly stated to be just a daydream Saji had once. For some asinine reason.

Wasn't it a simulation of a proposed upgrade?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ramie posted:

a suit that "boasts a high degree of perfection" and "Toe Beams", according to the wiki

Checks out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/zeonicscans/status/1661826492568076289?t=LLN5UWlnPiJYd4ZFq4tFzw&s=19

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I respect that they've apparently decided to give the Titans their own version of Cima.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
every gundam organization should have a cima.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
TBH, it seems like Lieutenant Shriker is only there to make sure the unit's average sexiness does not exceed official Titans regulations. Unless that's a very badly-fitting jacket and he's completely shredded under there, I guess.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Darth Walrus posted:

TBH, it seems like Lieutenant Shriker is only there to make sure the unit's average sexiness does not exceed official Titans regulations. Unless that's a very badly-fitting jacket and he's completely shredded under there, I guess.

Lieutenant Robison Shriker is the sexiest member of the team

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Lieutenant Robison Shriker is the sexiest member of the team

always appreciate finding another bill bailey fan

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Runa posted:

always appreciate finding another bill bailey fan

It's amazing how many straight men don't understand, can't even conceive of the fact that the M Emmet Walsh in Blood Simple is the sexiest a man has ever been.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Those sure are some UC names. Wonder what it means that the XO is the person who has a wolf name in Gundam Wearwolf.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He's so sweaty in that movie; disgusting

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Shriker basically looks like revolver ocelot, he’s going to be the most popular of the men by a wide margin

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, he's a titan. there's pretty good odds that he's utterly contemptible.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/KennyLauderdal3/status/1661889070518218753?t=YEErA1fZ88A_X_thI6wqaQ&s=19

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That thing looks great. I have questions, but anyhoo I like it.

On the end of Amuro and Char, I love it too, great that it ended with them arguing. Classic classic stuff.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/zerotwosbreasts/status/1662286518256300032?t=qc7xvYQ4CsAEIFVm8oX3hA&s=19

Kawamoto is the GOAT of 90s character designers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1662336697579741184?t=Et66eI7gtjZK4OZyWN_B9g&s=19

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Friend of mine is at an anime convention in Toronto today and sent me a picture of a papercraft mobile suit. I'm having a hard time identifying it though. I think it's an IBO design but I'm not certain.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
It reminds me of some ZZ designs but I don't think that's it

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Arc Hammer posted:

Friend of mine is at an anime convention in Toronto today and sent me a picture of a papercraft mobile suit. I'm having a hard time identifying it though. I think it's an IBO design but I'm not certain.

The skirt boosters and the general shoulder design gives me the impression of a TSF from Muv-Luv Alt rather than Gundam.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It looks somewhat like a Schwalbe Graze, but it's off in a few ways.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

3 posted:

The skirt boosters and the general shoulder design gives me the impression of a TSF from Muv-Luv Alt rather than Gundam.

Yeah, I think I can say with at least a small amount of confidence that that's not a Gundam machine unless it's some insanely obscure MSV. Doesn't quite match up with any faction designs from any show. It being a Muv-Luv TSF is probably a good guess.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, I think I can say with at least a small amount of confidence that that's not a Gundam machine unless it's some insanely obscure MSV. Doesn't quite match up with any faction designs from any show. It being a Muv-Luv TSF is probably a good guess.

I think it's an original, like what you see at Lego stores when they make a giant mech for display. There's a lot of Schwalbe Graze elements to it, twisted a bit, but the shoulders are from a different MS I can't quite remember, similarly adjusted.

A rear shot might help, if there was one. If there's an Ahab reactor spine, then it's definitely based on the Schwalbe.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'll have to ask if he took any more pictures. I told him to go and buy gunpla but he was getting dragged around the convention and needed to purchase One Piece figures instead. So that might be the only picture of the papercraft Mecha.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

It's had two chances at glory, and the director more than enough time in the spotlight. SEED's bloated and rotting carcass no longer needs to be kept under the exhibition spotlight, criers calling all to its malformed corpse. Let us turn away, let a new work be born out of the talented and hungry young men and women working at sunrise.

this but universal century

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

You're misunderstanding, I'm not saying SEED is hogging the spotlight; SEED is so calamitously disgusting, repulsive, that it simply deserves naught the chance at redemption. Like AGE it should be locked away, hidden in the deepest vaults, entombed in the farthest Earth. Let our hearts and minds be cleansed of its ghastly visage. Let us cleanse the franchise of its taint. Burn it, send the smoke to heaven and let us be restored.
this but universal century

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Okay?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

it definitely looks like a TSF but i cant find any TSF's with those exact shoulders. it might be a sort of kitbash - make a kitbash of actual figures, then make a papercraft model based on the kitbashed figure.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's definitely not a TSF. None of them have the Barabatos style exposed torso, and even the more out there Soviet designs still have recognizable feet rather than weird two toed heels. It also doesn't seem to have Sub Arms

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Arc Hammer posted:

Looks like White Glint from Armored Core but the shoulders and head aren't quite right. :shrug:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It doesn't quite look like anything specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I think it’s a weapon created to drive mecha fans insane.