Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Myriad Truths posted:

I'd most like to trade with kleedrac this week. I'm not totally certain what cards you're playing and what cards are left available in your pool, but it seems like you still have some really strong white cards left. In particular, Hero of Iroas and two Hopeful Eidolons. Also maybe Heliod's Emissary.

If you're in black, I still haven't traded away any of my black, I think, including a Baleful Eidolon, Erebos's Emissary, two Gray Merchants, and two Sips. And a Shipwreck Singer for UB specifically. Some other stuff too, check it out.

If you want to trade with me, let me know. Still have all my white cards for trade (including Hero).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

logis posted:

If you want to trade with me, let me know. Still have all my white cards for trade (including Hero).

Oh. For some reason I was sure you were in white or something so I never even bothered asking. Well, I would be thrilled to trade for that Hero of Iroas. That's the card I'm most interested in, but I also wouldn't mind the Wingsteed Riders and one of the Observant Alseids. I'm not totally sure what colors you're interested in, but I still have a lot of solid black to trade if you're in black, and maybe some other stuff too? I think most of my red and blue is gone. I also don't mind trading away some of the bigger green stuff (Vulpine Goliaths, my Nessian Wilds Ravager, etc) since they're not at their best in my deck.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Myriad: can you get on #goonvitational (synIRC)? That would be easiest for me :)

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Mighty Dicktron, got a time/date that works for you? I'm cst. You can reach me here or via PM

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Most of the time works for me. Right now, for example. EST.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Most of the time works for me. Right now, for example. EST.

Does tonight work? Say 8:30 EST?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

areyoucontagious posted:

Does tonight work? Say 8:30 EST?

Sounds perfect.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Awesome. I'll shoot you a PM or something at 7PM if I think I'm running late.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Can we get the matchups reposted? I don't feel like digging through the pages to find it every time. Or maybe put it in the OP? Or maybe I just missed it.

I can play whoever I'm playing from like, 6-7:30 Friday night, or maybe later Friday night, Thursday from maybe noon-2, or probably after midnight tomorrow. All times are EST. I might be able to wake up early Saturday and play before game day, but I wouldn't count on it.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

suicidesteve posted:

Can we get the matchups reposted? I don't feel like digging through the pages to find it every time. Or maybe put it in the OP? Or maybe I just missed it.

I can play whoever I'm playing from like, 6-7:30 Friday night, or maybe later Friday night, Thursday from maybe noon-2, or probably after midnight tomorrow. All times are EST. I might be able to wake up early Saturday and play before game day, but I wouldn't count on it.

OP has a link to the tournament post, which has the bracket link! :D

http://challonge.com/60tnojmj

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

goodness posted:

OP has a link to the tournament post, which has the bracket link! :D

http://challonge.com/60tnojmj

Sweet, thanks!

Boxman! I'm ready for you to watch me get mana screwed at the aforementioned times! (I hate limited why do I do this to myself?)

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SHIT YEAH, REQUISITION ME SOME OF THAT SHIT, BITCH

SKILCRAFT
QUALITY BLIND MADE PRODUCTS, BITCH
goodness, can you pass on my email to Cobra Commander? Not sure as to the best way to contact...

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

uruloki posted:

goodness, can you pass on my email to Cobra Commander? Not sure as to the best way to contact...

Yes sir I will.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Sorry Dicktron mailbox is full, can't delete on my phone

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

That's probably my fault :v:

Trading with MightyDicktron

He's getting

2x Battlewise Valor
Prescient Chimera

I'm getting

Everflame Eidolon
Nyxborn Shieldmate
Akroan Crusader

edit: last minute change

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

areyoucontagious posted:

Sorry Dicktron mailbox is full, can't delete on my phone

No problem. I got the message and it's cool.

Sleepy Owl posted:

That's probably my fault :v:

Trading with MightyDicktron

He's getting

2x Battlewise Valor
Prescient Chimera

I'm getting

Everflame Eidolon
Nyxborn Shieldmate
Akroan Crusader

edit: last minute change

Confirming this.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Myriad Truths posted:

Oh. For some reason I was sure you were in white or something so I never even bothered asking. Well, I would be thrilled to trade for that Hero of Iroas. That's the card I'm most interested in, but I also wouldn't mind the Wingsteed Riders and one of the Observant Alseids. I'm not totally sure what colors you're interested in, but I still have a lot of solid black to trade if you're in black, and maybe some other stuff too? I think most of my red and blue is gone. I also don't mind trading away some of the bigger green stuff (Vulpine Goliaths, my Nessian Wilds Ravager, etc) since they're not at their best in my deck.

I'm still interested (in Nessian, black stuff, etc) if you want to talk.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Trading with Logis:

I'm getting:

Hero of Iroas x1, Wingsteed Rider x2, Observant Alseid x2, Chronicler of Heroes x1, Nylea's Emissary x1, Warrior's Lesson x1, Akroan Skyguard x1

He's getting:

Nessian Wilds Ravager x1, Gray Merchant of Asphodel x2, Drown In Sorrow x1, Baleful Eidolon x1, Erebos's Emissary x1

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Trade time!!

logis's
hero of iroas, wingsteed rider x2, observant alsied x2, chronicler of heros, nylea's emissary, warrior's lesson, akroan skyguard

for MyriadTruths
Nessian wilds, 2 Gray Merchant, Drown in sorrow, Baleful eidolon, Erebos' emissary

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK
How many trades are we doing this week? Is it still 2?

Also, if a person failed to make both trades last week, would those roll-over to this week, or are they lost to the mists of time?

VVVVV Thanks.

Death of Rats fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Feb 26, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Death of Rats posted:

How many trades are we doing this week? Is it still 2?

Also, if a person failed to make both trades last week, would those roll-over to this week, or are they lost to the mists of time?

Yes sir, 2 trades and no rollovers from the previous week.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
This is unrelated to the ongoing league, but can we try and setup a draft over the weekend or something? Perhaps of some older draft format, like IPA, MD5, RoE, maybe.

This is related to the ongoing league, but planedriver hey when are you going to be around for our game? Preferably over the weekend.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
I'm dropping at this point. I'm really pissed off with Magic lately and I have zero patience to think about my pool and trading and building a deck. Thanks for running it goodness.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Loving Life Partner posted:

I'm dropping at this point. I'm really pissed off with Magic lately and I have zero patience to think about my pool and trading and building a deck. Thanks for running it goodness.

No problem, look forward to playing again in the future sometime!

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013

Myriad Truths posted:

This is unrelated to the ongoing league, but can we try and setup a draft over the weekend or something? Perhaps of some older draft format, like IPA, MD5, RoE, maybe.

This is related to the ongoing league, but planedriver hey when are you going to be around for our game? Preferably over the weekend.

I should be available at night EST time for the next few days.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
DeathOfRats has defeated me two games to nil. FEAR THE IZZET DOMINATION!

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

Kleedrac posted:

DeathOfRats has defeated me two games to nil. FEAR THE IZZET DOMINATION!

Confirming this. 2-0 vs. Kleedrac. Pretty close game 1 though.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
I lost 2-1. Also, when someone says they are dropping from the tournament, it's polite not to bracket them for the next week. It's also polite not to change the packs you're distributing without advanced notification too but~~~~~~~~~

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Meatbag and I grinded some games; I was able to emerge a bloody victor. Kudos to Meatbag for having a nice deck and playing well.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Meatbag Esq. posted:

I lost 2-1. Also, when someone says they are dropping from the tournament, it's polite not to bracket them for the next week. It's also polite not to change the packs you're distributing without advanced notification too but~~~~~~~~~

Ok thanks for the score update.

I did drop everyone that had dropped before the brackets this week were made. Did I miss someone?

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

I dropped in the middle of last week because I thought the trading made a "sealed event" into constructed. We had this convo in irc...

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Meatbag Esq. posted:

I dropped in the middle of last week because I thought the trading made a "sealed event" into constructed. We had this convo in irc...

You are right, and I totally forgot about that. My bad. I have messed up some things for this tournament but it is the first one I'm running and doing the best I can!
What is your irc name btw?

goodness fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Feb 28, 2014

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
****TRADING*****

Death of Rat's
Bile Blight, Baleful Eidolon, Sea God's Revenge

for Logis's
Magma Jet, Lighting Strike, Dissolve

(with maybe an additional option for LD for Gainsay; TBD)

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

logis posted:

****TRADING*****

Death of Rat's
Bile Blight, Baleful Eidolon, Sea God's Revenge

for Logis's
Magma Jet, Lighting Strike, Dissolve

(with maybe an additional option for LD for Gainsay; TBD)

Confirming this.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

So I really think we need to cap trading to like, Monday or Tuesday, and/or not do it. Otherwise we get people who don't want to play because they haven't traded yet and it's now Friday and I'm still waiting to hear back from my opponent AGAIN, and again I'm pretty much out of time when I'll actually be able to play this week, and I really don't think it's that hard to pop into the forums and say "Hey Steve I'm ready to watch you draw 12 lands in a row twice. Let's do this." so idunno WTF.

</rant>

Better idea: if we're going to trade, have the trades become effective the following week. I.e. I get my pack Sunday, set up a trade on Tuesday, but I don't get those cards I traded for until next Sunday when I get my next pack. That'll fix the whole waiting til the last second so everything will be min-maxed to the extreme thing.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

You are right in a lot of what you are saying. Mainly this first tourney has been for trying out formats and such. The next tournament will be standard draft per week most likely.

If I have let anyone down for the tournament, please let me know how to do this better. I really want to create a better limited community.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

goodness posted:

You are right in a lot of what you are saying. Mainly this first tourney has been for trying out formats and such. The next tournament will be standard draft per week most likely.

If I have let anyone down for the tournament, please let me know how to do this better. I really want to create a better limited community.

You're doing a fine job with this, considering how confusing it's been for me when I'm only keeping track of myself and my opponent. I don't know if you have been dropping people who aren't playing, but maybe in the future if someone doesn't show up for the game or post or anything, go ahead and drop them? Like you said, it's all experimental. I think trading was a mistake to begin with, but now that we've already traded into halfway constructed decks, the options are either stop trading in the future or keep it going. I don't think most people would be ok with going back to the original list, although I would.

My main problem is most of this is done on my phone, which I don't think can get on synirc, so I'm pretty much waiting for someone to give me a good time so I can get on my wife's laptop and play. Or even for them to say "hey, I'm on irc most of the time, come get me when you're ready"like Kleedrac did.

Also my work schedule has been really bad lately, which isn't helping.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

suicidesteve posted:

Better idea: if we're going to trade, have the trades become effective the following week. I.e. I get my pack Sunday, set up a trade on Tuesday, but I don't get those cards I traded for until next Sunday when I get my next pack. That'll fix the whole waiting til the last second so everything will be min-maxed to the extreme thing.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've pretty much been doing that each week. I prefer to get my matches played early, so I've been playing matches with pre-trading pools, and trading later. I've been enjoying it quite a lot (opening packs, deck building and card trading; rather than buying singles) as it feels a lot like my early MTG days again.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

So I really think we need to cap trading to like, Monday or Tuesday

While I agree that the current situation isn't ideal (and I'm kind of flagging to sustain interest), please don't do this, in particular...

Also BigMango, we must fight?! Drop me a line here or in PMs or IRC or whatever, currently US evenings/nights are best for me but I can probably make whatever you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

goodness posted:

You are right, and I totally forgot about that. My bad. I have messed up some things for this tournament but it is the first one I'm running and doing the best I can!
What is your irc name btw?

I usually log in as some variant of Meatbag.

• Locked thread