Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

real_scud posted:

Last bit of Madden code I worked on just got released. It's the stuff for the Color Rush jerseys as well as a fix for PS4 Play-A-Friend.

Basically this has been done for a while since it has stuff I worked on before I left EA but we knew it wouldn't come out in the 1st patch since the Color Rush stuff wasn't officially announced + there's always one emergency patch for crazy issues found right after launch.

edit: Oh yeah and I forgot I also added a feature for CFM where you can edit the uniform of the CPU to whatever you want, so you can make every game a Color Rush game if you're that insane.

Is there a momentum mechanic in CFM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

HappyHelmet posted:

Is there any point to the All-Pro MUT packs? They give 3 gold players but cost 35k in coins which is the better part of what it would cost to buy 5 pro packs that would net you 5 gold players plus a lot of other stuff you could use on sets or resell... I don't get it. Do the All-Pro packs have a higher elite percentage or something?

I never buy packs and only use the Auction house to get better players.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

AfterFather posted:

Is there a momentum mechanic in CFM?
Have no clue since I'm not a gameplay engineer, I only worked on the UI side of things.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

HappyHelmet posted:

Is there any point to the All-Pro MUT packs? They give 3 gold players but cost 35k in coins which is the better part of what it would cost to buy 5 pro packs that would net you 5 gold players plus a lot of other stuff you could use on sets or resell... I don't get it. Do the All-Pro packs have a higher elite percentage or something?

there is never a point to buying packs except :retrogames:

I have serious doubts about hitting legendary in mut this year because it feels so lifeless and meh this year.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Mut is the worst game mode. CFL and h2h are the way to go.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Draft Champions and CFM are the best.

real_scud posted:

Have no clue since I'm not a gameplay engineer, I only worked on the UI side of things.

:smith: Gotta bug the poo poo out of Rex and Clint with the rest of the spergs.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
I really like the idea behind salary cap and wish they had that as a normal mode and not just a super competitive reward based mode. Has there been any talk of having a non ticket using salary cap mode?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Do the fake expansion teams get color rush, too? Any chance of them getting variants at all?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Waffles Inc. posted:

Do the fake expansion teams get color rush, too? Any chance of them getting variants at all?

They still have mexico city Conquistadores in the game so most likely no

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Played my first online game (draft champions) and missed two field goals because evidently kicking is impossible online?

I swear I was hitting X when the line swooped back down into the good spot but it said I botched it. Is there a secret to accurate kicking online? Just account for lag?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

The Piper posted:

Played my first online game (draft champions) and missed two field goals because evidently kicking is impossible online?

I swear I was hitting X when the line swooped back down into the good spot but it said I botched it. Is there a secret to accurate kicking online? Just account for lag?

No differnt then pitching in The Show.

Don't have to go full power for chip shots. Middle of the meter is far enough for XPs. Aim the comeback swing at the front of the sweet spot not the middle.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

davecrazy posted:

No differnt then pitching in The Show.

Don't have to go full power for chip shots. Middle of the meter is far enough for XPs. Aim the comeback swing at the front of the sweet spot not the middle.
What he said, I worked on the kick meter so I'll tell you if you end up going for full power the meter will swing faster on the down motion than it did on the up since you overpowered the kick.

Also do what you can to make sure you're aiming to get the mark in the middle of the zone on the downswing. If you get it to far to the edge you could still miss it because I believe some randomness is put into the final calculation. That or my math was a bit crap and it renders inside the zone but in reality is out. Either way, aim for the middle.

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
Kicking seems hard enough offline that ever even considering kicking while online seems crazy to me. Like was the whole point of the system to discourage people from taking field goals or extra points? That is what it feels like.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

foolish_fool posted:

Kicking seems hard enough offline that ever even considering kicking while online seems crazy to me. Like was the whole point of the system to discourage people from taking field goals or extra points? That is what it feels like.
It was done to try to make it a bit more difficult since in the past it was an automatic gimme that a good player would make every kick, even from 50+ yards which in reality is a thing that almost never happens.

You should've seen one of the earliest tunings of the speed, it was goddamned insane even on Pro. We used to laugh at how comically fast it went.

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
I feel like online people missing field goals and even extra points wasn't that uncommon in madden 16, given how funky it could get with lag. Maybe it was different for people super close to the servers or something?

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

I never buy packs and only use the Auction house to get better players.

That was basically what I did as well. I just keep seeing these X amount of days "deals" that don't make any sense, and was curious if they were just that bad.

Dubious posted:

there is never a point to buying packs except :retrogames:

I have serious doubts about hitting legendary in mut this year because it feels so lifeless and meh this year.

My interest has been waning fast in MUT as well. It's too much work keeping your team maintained and the point rewards are so small trips to the auction house/buying the occasional pack for fun is too much of a grind. Franchise seems like the better option.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
So this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi-hoCm_kos

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Being on the other side of that is intensely frustrating.

wandler20 posted:

Madden Mobile owns. I'm all in on it.

Madden 17 is the deal of the day on Amazon, $39.99.

Are you playing in a league. If so, what one? The one I'm in is dying.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Why are they playing in Jacksonville?

Von Bonez
Apr 13, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Why are they playing in Jacksonville?

Probably draft champions.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Darth Brooks posted:

Are you playing in a league. If so, what one? The one I'm in is dying.

The league I'm in is benchwarmers 5280. We're ranked around 1,100 and have 17 members currently. Join if you'd like, we're active.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I'm in an Online CFM League with some friends on Xbox One. Two of us are playing each other soon, is there a way for anyone else in the league to spectate that game?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Epi Lepi posted:

I'm in an Online CFM League with some friends on Xbox One. Two of us are playing each other soon, is there a way for anyone else in the league to spectate that game?
Sure, you use Twitch to stream your gameplay.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

When you login to the Twitch app, it gives you a control panel to choose what you record and when you start.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Always use text-to-speech when streaming on twitch as it helps you connect with your viewers.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I have a question about ratings... do they actually matter? So many times in games it seems like my best players are lower rated than my superstars. I have this one 6'6 WR that's a 73 overall with 91 speed, 68 STR, 72 BPR and mediocre abilities outside of that. Yet he absolutely balls out against everyone. He regularly beats corners deep but more surprisingly he is able to muscle through tackles like they're nothing. Are there factors outside of the stats you see that affect the performance of WRs? Also I wonder if his size and weight modifies his strength. Is a 6'6 240 lb WR with 70 STR stronger than a 5'11 195 lb WR with 70 str?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
My low OVR studs are always fast/agile RBs and tall/fast WRs. They play way above their ratings.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

I have a question about ratings... do they actually matter? So many times in games it seems like my best players are lower rated than my superstars. I have this one 6'6 WR that's a 73 overall with 91 speed, 68 STR, 72 BPR and mediocre abilities outside of that. Yet he absolutely balls out against everyone. He regularly beats corners deep but more surprisingly he is able to muscle through tackles like they're nothing. Are there factors outside of the stats you see that affect the performance of WRs? Also I wonder if his size and weight modifies his strength. Is a 6'6 240 lb WR with 70 STR stronger than a 5'11 195 lb WR with 70 str?

there are like 10 diff hidden traits like "drops open passes: yes/no"

look up your card on muthead.com and check. people don't check those traits enough.

http://www.muthead.com/17/players/27047-kelvin-benjamin

look at player traits

"high motor" is pretty important for defense imo

chances are your WR has the "fight for extra yards" trait

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

unfortunately it's a drafted player in a CFM so no muthead. Also he doesn't have fight for extra yards or run after catch. Yet somehow I've seen this glorious motherfucker plow through two tacklers at once for 4-5 yards after contact and get into the endzone. He leads the NFL in touchdowns after 5 weeks with 9.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Mut is irrelevant. Traits are under player card, skills/traits etc. Or just look in the spend xp section

Dralun
May 22, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

unfortunately it's a drafted player in a CFM so no muthead. Also he doesn't have fight for extra yards or run after catch. Yet somehow I've seen this glorious motherfucker plow through two tacklers at once for 4-5 yards after contact and get into the endzone. He leads the NFL in touchdowns after 5 weeks with 9.

What's his truck rating?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Dralun posted:

What's his truck rating?

Mid 60s IIRC. And yes, I know he doesn't have Fight for Yards or Run after Catch because I looked at the card.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I was wrapping up my first MUT season and was playing my 10th game to win out. Up 24-14 with about 2 minutes left and he had the ball. I pick him off in a jump ball situation on my 5 yard line, and as my CB goes to the ground he fumbles and then immediately recovers it. There's an automatic review even though there was no change of possession, the call of the fumble is overturned, I get it and figure the game is over. Run off tackle once and he calls timeout.

That's when I look up and realize the down and distance. 3rd and 34. Hmm. I had to just run up the middle again as I didn't want to risk a sack and fumble around my end zone and proceeded to punt to him out of my end zone. He immediately kicked a field goal and then recovered an onside kick and almost won.

I recorded the ridiculous pick into 3rd and 34 sequence only to notice it was wiped out after the game ended as if it never happened :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I also am doing Madden Mobile this year. Need a league to fart around in for the commute!

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

wandler20 posted:

The league I'm in is benchwarmers 5280. We're ranked around 1,100 and have 17 members currently. Join if you'd like, we're active.

For whatever reason I'm not eligible?

I'm at level 38, 82/82/72

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

Mid 60s IIRC. And yes, I know he doesn't have Fight for Yards or Run after Catch because I looked at the card.

Mid 60's trucking is really high for a receiver (I should check receiver Truck and Elusiveness ratings). Most Corners have any where between 40-70 in tackling and hit power ratings (majority of them between 50-60). Also keep in mind a players overall is heavily tied into the Awareness stat, so you can have a super athlete with decent stats but his low awareness will tank his overall.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
My assumption, and I very well could be wrong, is that awareness for WR really only covers things like picking the right option route if you use those, blocking the right person and them looking for the ball if thrown their way early. Is my assumption close to the mark?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Dralun posted:

My assumption, and I very well could be wrong, is that awareness for WR really only covers things like picking the right option route if you use those, blocking the right person and them looking for the ball if thrown their way early. Is my assumption close to the mark?

Yeah especially the last one

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Darth Brooks posted:

For whatever reason I'm not eligible?

I'm at level 38, 82/82/72

AH, our commish had applications turned off. I'll have him turn them back on and then you should be able to join.

Or post your name here and I can try to invite you.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Darthbrooksphone or (more likely) darthbrooks user UID 59961437

• Locked thread