Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
If you delete and re-install and don't log into the cloud system it won't find your old game. Eventually if your game gets to a point where it is farther than the saved gave it should overwrite if you do want to use the cloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
:siren:New Build:siren:

+ 10x increase to Regional Bank Earning
+ Added current bank branch profits
+ Reworked windmill earning function
+ Boosted Large Lot Earning Upgrade

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Since 2 updates ago it keeps asking for Location permissions on my android phone, why does it need this? Is it for targeted ads or something?

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

VodeAndreas posted:

Since 2 updates ago it keeps asking for Location permissions on my android phone, why does it need this? Is it for targeted ads or something?

Yeah it is required by one of the ad networks we use. What happens if you just decline it?

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Sweet gently caress all as far as I can tell, the app still loads and is functional but I never use the doubler so no idea what impact it has there. Maybe see if you can delay requesting that permission unless people try watch ads?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

eeenmachine posted:

Yeah it is required by one of the ad networks we use. What happens if you just decline it?
I got Dollar Menu Maccas ads.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

eeenmachine posted:

I have been declining it and haven't had any issues getting ads still, I don't remember it failing since at least!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gotta admit, this song (But sung as "Bit City, now now!") goes through my head every time I load up the game.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=7Tju1MIKn8E

Not a bad thing :colbert:

Edit: one suggestion, the cost/reward for the saving rate increase is a bit much. For that price in bux, I'd feel like it should go up more than just 1%. Maybe 5?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 5, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
The bank savings thing does start to kick in about city 4-5 and be useful; I think there ought to be a keys-related lump sum of cash thrown your way to ease repeat visits through earlier cities (not that the cash only happens there, but that it's only a relevantly useful amount there) - how many keys do you think the players should have before they can just sleepwalk through those early cities? because I feel like I have a lot at 360 but I'm not :shrug:

I think some of the +fixed sum earnings are a bit off. Like +x to cars, or +15k to planes, or whatever - especially at the high end. I think there was one plane upgrade which cost nearly 20 billion and gave you 15,000 per second per plane (and it's unlikely you'll have all 6 planes at that point) ...ouch. The scaling may need review?

I'm also not sure about things like Solar Panels - it claims building increase by 100% but when I did it early the other day I went from like 7.1m to 7.8m a second in a city which was predominantly buildings for earnings. That doesn't feel like 100% at all; what's it doing?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Psion posted:

I'm also not sure about things like Solar Panels - it claims building increase by 100% but when I did it early the other day I went from like 7.1m to 7.8m a second in a city which was predominantly buildings for earnings. That doesn't feel like 100% at all; what's it doing?

It's not 100% to your current earnings, it's 100% to your base earnings. You probably already had a bunch of percentage upgrades for the various buildings.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I haven't been getting ads at all for awhile now. I got them when I started for the first time, but then after the first day they just stopped appearing, and since the more recent update, instead of hanging forever, it eventually says "There was a problem playing your video, please check back later!"

This is on the android version on Galaxy S6

EDIT: Oh weird, it finally started working again after I prestiged for the first time.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 7, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Completely random suggestion: Get rid of the yellow cargo box in the stack of cargo boxes at the shipyard. When it's in the corner of my eye, I keep thinking it's a large coin to collect. :(

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

DaveKap posted:

Completely random suggestion: Get rid of the yellow cargo box in the stack of cargo boxes at the shipyard. When it's in the corner of my eye, I keep thinking it's a large coin to collect. :(
:same:

Yes, please.. It is minor but still happens to me after quite a while playing this.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

DontMindMe posted:

I haven't been getting ads at all for awhile now. I got them when I started for the first time, but then after the first day they just stopped appearing, and since the more recent update, instead of hanging forever, it eventually says "There was a problem playing your video, please check back later!"

This is on the android version on Galaxy S6

EDIT: Oh weird, it finally started working again after I prestiged for the first time.

Just curious what country are you in?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

eeenmachine posted:

Just curious what country are you in?

US (California specifically)

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
:siren: New Build :siren:

+ New "Special" buildings with increased earnings are now unlocked with bux (you might encounter some special buildings without boosted earnings in existing games due to this change)
+ Keys now give bonus as soon as collected (cannot be spent).
+ Key earning boost now displayed in current earn rate
+ UI improvements

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
I have just updated, now when I scroll up to the top corner, the ui disappears. It reappears when I scroll down, but goes again as soon as I go back up near that corner.

Edit: After a bit more scrolling around, it has disappeared completely and won't come back.

Edit edit: If it helps, I'm on iOS and city 8.

Doug Sisk fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 8, 2017

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Doug Sisk posted:

I have just updated, now when I scroll up to the top corner, the ui disappears. It reappears when I scroll down, but goes again as soon as I go back up near that corner.

Edit: After a bit more scrolling around, it has disappeared completely and won't come back.

It does this for me on city 7.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
Speedy work fixing it!

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Anyone with a high key count notice abnormal earnings? I think I might have introduced a bug.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Since the last update i don't seem to be able to get ads in Australia, only a "technical difficulties" error

I went into my app settings and enabled Location permissions (disabled previously) but this didn't have any effect.

I like the new key system, I had one of my unlocked buildings show up and think it locked itself as Historical automatically? I'm guessing that's intentional so you don't have to race to keep the bonus.

e: I got an ad to work a few hours later, might have been a temporary issue?

VodeAndreas fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 8, 2017

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Right now when I unlocked my phone, I can't do anything in Bit City, it just doesn't react to any input. I never got the popup with my afk earnings, so I guess something went wrong there. Can't really give you much more information, wasn't doing anything special. I think I didn't manually lock my phone but it just timed out, but not sure. Switching to home screen and back didn't fix it, restarting did so no big deal.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Yeah, when I get a special building I unlocked it automatically marks it historic. I guess that's okay because you want to see your cool new buildings. But the bonus the building provides is always happening whether or not it's present, right?

Also if I uncheck historic and it randomly builds it again it re-checks the box which is a little more annoying.

Also also I unlocked the university, and the first big lot business I built was that. In the pas I wouldn't get it for a lot more building levels.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Doctor Zero posted:

Yeah, when I get a special building I unlocked it automatically marks it historic. I guess that's okay because you want to see your cool new buildings. But the bonus the building provides is always happening whether or not it's present, right?

Also if I uncheck historic and it randomly builds it again it re-checks the box which is a little more annoying.

Also also I unlocked the university, and the first big lot business I built was that. In the pas I wouldn't get it for a lot more building levels.

The way it works now the building must be present and only that individual building gets the boost. It has a high chance of showing up and only one will appear at a time. This needs to be explained somewhere.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo

voodoo dog posted:

Right now when I unlocked my phone, I can't do anything in Bit City, it just doesn't react to any input. I never got the popup with my afk earnings, so I guess something went wrong there. Can't really give you much more information, wasn't doing anything special. I think I didn't manually lock my phone but it just timed out, but not sure. Switching to home screen and back didn't fix it, restarting did so no big deal.

See if you have the latest build, we spit out a quick build right after the one I posted about to fix a bug that could have caused this.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Are the only people having trouble getting ads on iOS?

Soda Addict
Apr 19, 2003
Insert Something Here

eeenmachine posted:

Are the only people having trouble getting ads on iOS?

No, I've been getting the same problem with the ads as of yesterday and I'm on Android.

edit: of course as soon as I post it, they start working again.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

eeenmachine posted:

The way it works now the building must be present and only that individual building gets the boost. It has a high chance of showing up and only one will appear at a time. This needs to be explained somewhere.

Ah okay. I was a little worried that all my businesses would eventually become sushi restaurants and motorcycle dealers. Which would be kind of cool I suppose but yeah that could be explained better.

I tried to do some testing to figure out if the boost affected my income when the building was present but there was too much other stuff going on to know for certain.

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy
Since the double updates yesterday, my cloud syncing has stopped. I'm on iOS, same player code, same email, and it had been working perfectly fine since I set it up shortly after I started.

I've tried closing both programs, opening the newer one and buying a few plots, opening and closing the game to force a sync, then opening the older save. It loads and shows the old save (I can tell because the key boost rate is less), flashes the new save's key boost rate, then crashes.

Trying to go into the cloud sync screen and clicking on the email pops up a 'Loading' notice that disappears immediately, and no sync happens.

Is there some way to force-sync that I can try?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Super small suggestion, maybe it's easy to change, maybe it's not: I feel like the value of the various land vehicles should be reflected in what vehicles they are. I'm two away from having them all unlocked in city 5 or 6, and the last two are a school bus and a minivan. Not that it really changes much, but wouldn't it make more sense for those to be a limo and maybe a hummer? Or perhaps some sort of super top of the line sports car? Just a thought.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Oh whoops. Didn't realize special buildings were changed to only affect their own income. Was excited to get 300% boost for 900 bux. RIP bux

empiremonkey
Nov 13, 2005

"You have reach the max number of planes."

dabre_aiamim posted:

Since the double updates yesterday, my cloud syncing has stopped. I'm on iOS, same player code, same email, and it had been working perfectly fine since I set it up shortly after I started.

I've tried closing both programs, opening the newer one and buying a few plots, opening and closing the game to force a sync, then opening the older save. It loads and shows the old save (I can tell because the key boost rate is less), flashes the new save's key boost rate, then crashes.

Trying to go into the cloud sync screen and clicking on the email pops up a 'Loading' notice that disappears immediately, and no sync happens.

Is there some way to force-sync that I can try?

What is your player ID?

Also try playing for a while on the device with the newer game and close it a couple times. Should help trigger the conflict resolution.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Just noticed this existed, but the android version says the early access program is full. Any chance you'll be opening more space soon?

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

BobTheJanitor posted:

Just noticed this existed, but the android version says the early access program is full. Any chance you'll be opening more space soon?

Hope so, I had to limit it after I looked and saw we had 30k beta testers O_O

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy

empiremonkey posted:

What is your player ID?

Also try playing for a while on the device with the newer game and close it a couple times. Should help trigger the conflict resolution.

Code is 10S1. I'll stay off the older version (iPad), and play the newer one a couple of times and try again this evening.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I'm assuming that the font is a placeholder, because it looks a little too... blocky?

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
:siren: New Build :siren:

** Thanks to everyone who is still testing, we're near the end!

- Fixed special building bug
- Fixed Video Ad Bug
- Fixed incorrect bank earning
- Fixed ability to unlock unlocked buildings
+ Added special building explanation in building shop

IrregularOreos
Oct 26, 2010
The special buildings now being unlocked via bux (and a lot of them) is a definite step backwards. The bonus is miniscule (I assume it's applied only to the income of the building and not overall income, based on my quick testing?).

Currently, my 500% buildings are 9400 bux, which is $15 worth of bux in the store, for a negligible bonus. How could that be worth it? I assume they use to cost less but have increased because I've unlocked a few, but still that price is ridiculous. And the fact that I'm focusing bux on unlocking the game upgrades means good bye to ever unlocking another special building.

Using keys to upgrade seemed fine to me. Also having the bonus apply to total income would seem a lot more exciting. I don't care at all if one of my buildings suddenly earns 5mil/s instead of 1mil/s, if my total earning is already 1 billion/s.

Otherwise, good changes all round for the other aspects.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

IrregularOreos posted:

The special buildings now being unlocked via bux (and a lot of them) is a definite step backwards. The bonus is miniscule (I assume it's applied only to the income of the building and not overall income, based on my quick testing?).

Currently, my 500% buildings are 9400 bux, which is $15 worth of bux in the store, for a negligible bonus. How could that be worth it? I assume they use to cost less but have increased because I've unlocked a few, but still that price is ridiculous. And the fact that I'm focusing bux on unlocking the game upgrades means good bye to ever unlocking another special building.

Using keys to upgrade seemed fine to me. Also having the bonus apply to total income would seem a lot more exciting. I don't care at all if one of my buildings suddenly earns 5mil/s instead of 1mil/s, if my total earning is already 1 billion/s.

It is worth it when you think of it like this.
Imagine you are an app developer and you have thought of a way to possibly make more money with your app.
Gimme money, money now, money plz. Plz plz money. Ty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

IrregularOreos posted:

Yeah, I really don't get this change at all.

• Locked thread