Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

chitoryu12 posted:

The girl in purple and black is cute and I thought she was kinda normal.

Then I looked at her feet.

You need to be more specific. There are two women wearing purple and black, and both of them have strange footwear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

You need to be more specific. There are two women wearing purple and black, and both of them have strange footwear.

The one on the right with the cape.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

So which goonmeet is this from?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Blonde lady in purple and black is like a Monster Mash game mix up. Top third is vaguely Victorian goth, middle third is vaguely Lolita, bottom third is industrial

Other lady in purple needs a cloak with a dark button (seriously, come on). Guess she spent the money on those shoes she's definitely trying to just casually show off.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
The lady in the red coat has no idea why she is there and is embarrassed. She's been embarrassed ever since Goggles Guy picked her up on Vespa that he refers to as his "steam-powered hog." She might have accidentally knocked off one of its hot-glued decorative gears and feels bad about it, too.

Somebody do a Radical Larry on this, please!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

The lady in the red coat has no idea why she is there and is embarrassed. She's been embarrassed ever since Goggles Guy picked her up on Vespa that he refers to as his "steam-powered hog." She might have accidentally knocked off one of its hot-glued decorative gears and feels bad about it, too.

Somebody do a Radical Larry on this, please!

She's trying. She dug the pirate boots that she bought during those terrible ten minutes pirate boots were popular out of closet.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

She's trying. She dug the pirate boots that she bought during those terrible ten minutes pirate boots were popular out of closet.

Bless. What a trooper.

Here are several things nobody needed:

This is the natural evolutionary end for us all.

I love this lady's level of commitment and think she is awesome, even if I hate her look.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Definitely a stand user.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead

Pinky and Shoulders are the Fashion Mob's most feared enforcers.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Dragonwagon posted:

Definitely a stand user.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

don't loving post pictures of me OGT jeezy pete rude!!!!!!!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

So which goonmeet is this from?

The one where everyone else was wearing wicked steam spunk clothes and you showed up dressed like Marty McFly with patched jeans.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Varusteleka school of couture:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Secret? It's in the crotch.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Oh, New Rocks! I really wanted a pair as a teenager but they didn't make them in sizes small enough. This picture makes me glad that was the case.

It's like Frieza at boarding school.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

DrSnakeLaser posted:

It's like Frieza at boarding school.

It looks like a footballer wearing his mom's best Sunday outfit

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://twitter.com/pullovergirl/status/864588991043186689

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
https://twitter.com/search?q=romper&src=typd

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

For anyone who didn't click through:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Toast Museum posted:

this looks like she's being killed my a wedgie, slowly.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Toast Museum posted:

Nice to see the calm.jpg lady is still getting work.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Toast Museum posted:

Everything's coming up Milhouse.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

From the aliexpress thread.

HUMAN FISH posted:

May I interest you in some ELF SACK clothes?

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&SearchText=elf+sack

Only the finest brands.

Such flattering lines.

Do you miss 1991? Elf Sack does.

Something about the way this hangs makes me think the fabric is an unpleasant plasticy rayon or something.

I'm not sure why this model does the droopy jaw, she certainly doesn't need to look thinner. Maybe it's an elf thing?

No one I know could pull this off.

Okay, maybe the model is actually being held captive, drugged, and forced to model Elf Sack clothes.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Toast Museum posted:

I went to the website and they have men's clothes, it's like a buffet of stupid/ridiculous/potentially amazing fashion

Everything about these pants is a mistake and the model knows it

A biker jacket that will get you killed by the first person that sees you, for $3005

If I'm paying $123 for an organza shirt it drat well better be silk

THESE ARE CULOTTES

This is sort of awesome

I thought this looked stupid but then I saw it's Issey Miyake who I love

What your grandma wears on her senior citizens cruise

Sequined short sleeve top making the model look sad

:effort:

This one is selling the pants, not the shirt, but the shirt is inexplicable

Make these in army green and cut the price by 90% 95% and I'd buy them

Same model as above, he looks gorgeous but "samizdat" is the Russian term for self-published illegal newspapers during the Soviet Union and gently caress me if I am going to pay $230 to have it put on a sweatshirt

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is goddamn fake news:

Can confirm twitter was intolerable yesterday for all the ROMPER CONTENT. Don't waggishly respond that it's intolerable every day, you're better than that.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Why are like, 99% of male fashions made to make them look like the sadest, boxiest people ever. Like, why is that a thing

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sociopastry posted:

Why are like, 99% of male fashions made to make them look like the sadest, boxiest people ever. Like, why is that a thing

Because if it made men look sexy then it would be gay.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Sociopastry posted:

Turns out men have been just as insecure about their bodies as women all along, it's just more accepted for them to wear shape hiding clothes.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Toast Museum posted:

From that same site

And these are already sold out in size 38. At that price.

It's like someone took garter leggings and decided to try it on jeans, but hit their head on the way to the drawing board. If done with skintight-at-the-thighs flared or bell bottom jeans, it would look a lot better. Still be stupid, but less ugly.

These are garter leggings BTW. 8 can't really think of a temp where they would be comfortable. If it's warm enough for bare thighs, it's too hot for leggings from top of the knee to ankle. If it's cool enough for the leggings to not make you overheat, you're gonna have chilly thighs.

I do think they look cool, but I've already established I have gothgarbage taste.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm not sure why this model does the droopy jaw, she certainly doesn't need to look thinner. Maybe it's an elf thing?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

From that same site

And these are already sold out in size 38. At that price.

It's like someone took garter leggings and decided to try it on jeans, but hit their head on the way to the drawing board. If done with skintight-at-the-thighs flared or bell bottom jeans, it would look a lot better. Still be stupid, but less ugly.

These are garter leggings BTW. 8 can't really think of a temp where they would be comfortable. If it's warm enough for bare thighs, it's too hot for leggings from top of the knee to ankle. If it's cool enough for the leggings to not make you overheat, you're gonna have chilly thighs.

I do think they look cool, but I've already established I have gothgarbage taste.

makes me think of final fantasy for some reason.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Toast Museum posted:

At least the shoes are fun?

I love when you can see disgust in a model's face. "I'm sorry, guys, it's a job, I don't condone any of this..."

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I'm mostly just surprised. I didn't even know Pampers makes jeans.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

From the aliexpress thread.

I'm the elf whore

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I've got some Aliexpress stuff, too. They offer "freebies" (if you win, you pay a penny and I think shipping, I haven't won yet) and I see some poo poo, browsing through them.

Hmm

Hmmmmmm

Ahhhhhh

Why

Whyyy

Ah yes, the well-known "raver on a yacht" style

Why not. Sure. Banana shoes.

There's also an app I use to sell stuff called Depop. It's fairly bleeding edge/trendy. So it's weird AF to me at times.

"Stick your feet in the air to take listing photographs of shoes" isn't a new thing, actual retail site do it. But it bugs me sometimes. Especially when people do the socks & sandals thing.

Related: if you still have any everyday clothes from the 80s or 90s, no matter how ugly, you can sell that poo poo on that type of app. People are dropping $40 on those awful floral sweatshirts and $20 on those plain velcro sandals that are half-worn-out.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I actually like the plaid and leopard maxi-dresses. Very FLDS-goes-clubbing.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

8 can't really think of a temp where they would be comfortable. If it's warm enough for bare thighs, it's too hot for leggings from top of the knee to ankle. If it's cool enough for the leggings to not make you overheat, you're gonna have chilly thighs.

Just lol if you think women's clothing designers have comfort in mind.

I like them too.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I actually like the plaid and leopard maxi-dresses. Very FLDS-goes-clubbing.

I would legit wear them in a halter rather than sleeved style.

I just hate sleeves. And pants. And shoes. Halter maxi dresses and sandals 24/7 for me please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I'm not a bastion of fashion, but I think this actually looks quite nice. :)

Though maybe the same style of dress in something other than entirely lace might look better.

• Locked thread