Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Hi! My name is Fleta. I am a judgmental consumer whore, and I hope you are, too!

Here is the place to post all those fashion missteps that warm our cold, dead hearts.

Celebrities, OOTDs, your weird cousin who always wears sister wife poo poo, whatever! Post them here.

Bad fashion from all decades welcome!

Weirdly highlighted butts are welcome, too.

Even stealing Tasya Van Ree's pimp hat and bedazzling it is welcome!

NOT WELCOME: Making fun of the person wearing the clothes, unless they actually deserve it (e.g. they are Orange Hitler.) The clothes are not bad just because the person wearing them is fat and/or weird-looking. We are mocking clothes, not people. Mock people in the AUG thread, 'cause that's what it's for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Oooh, I am delighted! Thanks for making this thread.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Good call.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

This is so 70s I'm breaking out in disco balls.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Khazar-khum posted:

This is so 70s I'm breaking out in disco balls.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Came here to post Men in Belted Sweaters, glad to see I am not the only one to know their glory.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I want a belted sweater now.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

A friend had one of these. They were popularized by the TV show "McCloud" with Dennis Weaver. McCloud's jacket was real sheepskin. My friend's was like this: authentic genuine vinyl, with real rayon fleece.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

to go back to a time when such shapely chins were in vogue

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Owen Wilson and Bruce Campbell would be kings, I tell you!

Let's take things in a different direction.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Come the gently caress on, Vetements.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wow, that white undershirt. I didn't know they made anything so sheer way back then.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

One thousand, eight hundred and seventy American dollars.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really hope he does a little jig at the end

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

If those pants don't make cartoon accordion noises I'm gonna loving shiv someone.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

If those pants don't make cartoon accordion noises I'm gonna loving shiv someone.

I think you'll find that they're not actually 'pants', they're 'a pant.'

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

So your asscrack and/or knee-pits never get sweaty in the summer?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Posting high fashion runway and Snooki is easy mode.

This one seems like it's actually trying and I hate everything about it.

ductonius
Apr 9, 2007
I heard there's a cream for that...

The Bloop posted:

Posting high fashion runway and Snooki is easy mode.

Any haute couture fashion house in France has to put on two fashion shows a year by law, as in they can't call themselves "haute couture" unless they do. They have to come up with new and different ideas about fashion, make the associated clothes and put on the show and they have six months to do it and they have to do it every six months. That's why fashion show clothing is batshit insane.

V V V - That too.

ductonius has a new favorite as of 21:17 on Apr 16, 2017

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's also why it's great.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

This one is from a SNL skit about "Mom jeans". Still appropriate tho, and I think if you look carefully, you will find Fleta herself in the middle

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

genetic_knockout posted:

This one is from a SNL skit about "Mom jeans". Still appropriate tho, and I think if you look carefully, you will find Fleta herself in the middle

Well, poo poo. I have shamed this great subforum. :saddowns:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

whiteyfats posted:

Well, poo poo. I have shamed this great subforum. :saddowns:

Not at all; that's a relatively flattering video of me. :D

Here's a classic: Celine Dion in her backwards suit. She's literally the only person on earth tall, crazy, and skinny enough to even kind of pull this off, but boy howdy, is it ugly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Is this going to be like the last fashion thread where halfway through it turns into "PYF actually kinda cool insane fashion and costume designs for the v Dune movies"?

Cos that thread was pretty rad.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Is this going to be like the last fashion thread where halfway through it turns into "PYF actually kinda cool insane fashion and costume designs for the v Dune movies"?

Cos that thread was pretty rad.

here is your answer

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm very stressed about work, so we all benefit as I take a swing at some more mass-market fashion.

This model is a size 00 and she doesn't look good in this.

Is she... trapped?

No.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
Apparently, there is such demand for intentionally hideous, cheap suits that my nation has at least one company who choose to produce and sell them.

:australia:

https://www.opposuits.com.au/?gclid=CjwKEAjwz9HHBRDbopLGh-afzB4SJABY52oFnkSicFeJS5dGEqYNjGumY9W7oapwlE9OtDnw-kLJpRoCgWXw_wcB

drat hipsters these days should do the respectable thing and buy old suits from the op shop, or dig up corpses in the graveyard and nick the suits from the corpses.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Skirt looks like it was made from a cheap couch.

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Apparently, there is such demand for intentionally hideous, cheap suits that my nation has at least one company who choose to produce and sell them.

:australia:

https://www.opposuits.com.au/?gclid=CjwKEAjwz9HHBRDbopLGh-afzB4SJABY52oFnkSicFeJS5dGEqYNjGumY9W7oapwlE9OtDnw-kLJpRoCgWXw_wcB

drat hipsters these days should do the respectable thing and buy old suits from the op shop, or dig up corpses in the graveyard and nick the suits from the corpses.

Dude's rather cute, at least, but why would anyone want to look like a Keebler Elf?

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Dude's rather cute, at least, but why would anyone want to look like a Keebler Elf?

Because green and gold are our unofficial national colours, I suppose. And if you are going to wear the loudest possible colours, you might as well be patriotic about it.

Oddly, they have not one, but two USA flag style suits, and no Australian flag ones, which is a shame, because I would actually wear one.

https://www.opposuits.com.au/mens-suits/usa-suit-stars-and-stripes.html
https://www.opposuits.com.au/mens-suits/usa-suit-united-stripes.html

EDIT: Wait, I got it wrong. The company is not Australian, they just had a "com.au" sub-website/division.

Sic Semper Goon has a new favorite as of 13:18 on Apr 17, 2017

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Some of my faves

I look at these and all I see are laundry baskets

Yes, that is the most patriotic popcorn shirt on Earth

Prom dresses are gettin' weirder and weirder

Advertising I guess

Pom poms are terrible, I hate them

So of course I hate the "pom poms as purse accessories" trend

Hate.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

She's pretty enough to almost pull this off, shockingly.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

whiteyfats posted:

She's pretty enough to almost pull this off, shockingly.

That's actually kinda cool.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

This owns and all these guys are really hot.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Advertising I guess

Is this an intentional vagina?

Anyway, I have to mention my least-favorite IG fashion blogger, Sarah Tondello. Compared to the rest of the stuff in this thread she's not so bad (aside from looking wildly uncomfortable in every photo), but she commits one of my biggest fashion pet peeves, over-accessorizing. I mean, holy poo poo, even her purses have purses.

She's so over-accessorized, it's even spread to her house:

Yes, that is a giant, glittery hashtag next to her fireplace! She LOVES Target. She also owns multiple pieces in slightly different colors, then swaps them out to make different outfits that are exactly the same except for the color palette. Her wardrobe must take up so much space, I have no idea how she stores it all.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This thread needs more . . . pageantry.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

I enjoy haute couture quite a bit. But there is a fine line, and that is what makes this terrible. First glance, hmm kind of classy, second glance, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

She looks like she's ready to tank a high-level dungeon.

• Locked thread