Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

shen posted:

can someone get Callisto station on the horn to see what's up? I'd do it myself but I've recently gotten into a very immersive VR program and it won't let me save

Capn? We are going there to establish Callisto station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I’m going to gently caress the station after it’s built

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pinche Rudo posted:

I’m going to gently caress the station after it’s built

Once again, why we had the rigorous mental screenings.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

redshirt posted:

Once again, why we had the rigorous mental screenings.

The person who screened me was visibly drunk

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pinche Rudo posted:

The person who screened me was visibly drunk

Who screens the screeners, eh?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The head of HR told me they were screening primarily on physical attractiveness and fuckability to 'shoot those uggos off the face of planet'.

In hindsight recruiting from the Sears catalog casting department was a stupid cost saving measure.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Outrail posted:

The head of HR told me they were screening primarily on physical attractiveness and fuckability to 'shoot those uggos off the face of planet'.

In hindsight recruiting from the Sears catalog casting department was a stupid cost saving measure.

Straight out of central casting, you say?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Straight out of central casting, you say?

The black leather couch was a bit of a red flag.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I raided the doctor’s secret stash and found some poppers. Who wants to let those things inside to party?!?!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Pinche Rudo posted:

I raided the doctor’s secret stash and found some poppers. Who wants to let those things inside to party?!?!

I bet they're straight edge losers.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Stringent mental health evaluations

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

redshirt posted:

Stringent mental health evaluations

Lighten up, have a popper

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pinche Rudo posted:

Lighten up, have a popper

Dude we have a full simulation in like 6 hours!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

redshirt posted:

Dude we have a full simulation in like 6 hours!

It’ll get you loose for the sim. I’m pretty sure the Captain’s had 3 already

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pinche Rudo posted:

It’ll get you loose for the sim. I’m pretty sure the Captain’s had 3 already

I'm worried about the Captain, too.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
*returns after being mysteriously missing for the past 900 days*

Hello everyone, this is your Morale Officer.

*smiles calmly while staring at you, never blinking*

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

(tappity tappity tap... tap...)

It will be glorious when the great, unblinking eye that watches upon Callisto opens wide.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

*returns after being mysteriously missing for the past 900 days*

Hello everyone, this is your Morale Officer.

*smiles calmly while staring at you, never blinking*

So when is Pizza Night???

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
*comm array clicks*

"Nav officer Kilpenny here, just a thought, we could just go home you know"

(Kilpenny coughs, it's very wet sounding.)

"it would save a lot of hassle and money to not do any of this"

"I think our government would appreciate the gesture. Could help the situation on venus? Anyway, course is still locked into saturn... uh.... yeah. Is it saturn... pfwoar, I should sneak a nap in"

*somehow, the click of the array is nervous*

*Kilpenny wipes their nose, a small clot comes out but goes unnoticed*

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I vote we space the moral officer on the basis they're basically HR

E: unless they have a parasitic entity or something, then they can stay. We're not monsters.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Callisto?

gently caress I thought this was the ship to Castro station!

what am I gonna do with all this cuban rum and cigars now

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Michaels chooses to approach the door like a predator. He keeps low and outside of its sensor package. His upgraded heart filters the adrenaline and begins storing it for emergency secretion should he need it. He remains calm, nerves unshaken, approaching the left side jamb and presses himself silently against the wall

The door tenses, a tingle going up it's reinforced hinges; there is *no* thermal data but it's microphone registered an "above average background noise event" recently. Michaels taps lightly on the bottom of the door, near the kickplate. Tap, tap-tap-tap, tap.

The door immediately raises the lights in the room, and exclaims "Perry! Why didn't you just say it was you? I'm gonna rust myself shut one of these days! By God's gates Perry!

Perry smiles, "You know how long I've been wanting to upgrade your mic insert, how about we have a talk about your data filtering schema after you let me in. I think I have an idea...."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

SRQ posted:

Callisto?

gently caress I thought this was the ship to Castro station!

what am I gonna do with all this cuban rum and cigars now

I've got some ideas

shen
Jan 22, 2006

redshirt posted:

I'm worried about the Captain, too.

I would like to reassure everyone that the pressures and loneliness of command have not gotten to me at this stage of the journey. Now the logical move at this point is to physically rip out the part of the ship's computer responsible for automatic operation of the ship's systems, so that it can't pull a HAL 9000 on us. Then we'll eject it out the airlock in a kind of ritualized rejection of Earth-bound authority, ok good talk any volunteers?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I got bored of looking at our normal uniforms so last time I was on laundry duty I made all our uniforms tie dye. :)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

shen posted:

I would like to reassure everyone that the pressures and loneliness of command have not gotten to me at this stage of the journey. Now the logical move at this point is to physically rip out the part of the ship's computer responsible for automatic operation of the ship's systems, so that it can't pull a HAL 9000 on us. Then we'll eject it out the airlock in a kind of ritualized rejection of Earth-bound authority, ok good talk any volunteers?

Umm Cap'n, I'm looking through the Command module, and.... I don't see anything remotely like this...

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

shen posted:

To the gates of hell Commander.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

numberoneposter posted:

I got bored of looking at our normal uniforms so last time I was on laundry duty I made all our uniforms tie dye. :)

Good thinking! As Morale Office I am duty-bound to award you with this gold star.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Have we done a musical episode yet?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Have we done a musical episode yet?

The Captain is Compromised, The Musical

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

(TAP, tap, tap)
We wonder...
What does The Eye see in the Captain's Head?

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

Xlorp posted:

(TAP, tap, tap)
We wonder...
What does The Eye see in the Captain's Head?

🎼 "what would we do if the capitan's dead?"
"how many nights must we feel this dreeeeaaad?"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Ummmmm uhhhhh don't know exactly who to tell but I've put on 60 lbs over the past 4 years and I wasn't exactly a small guy to begin with so well uhhh I can't fit into my pants let alone my EVA suit, so I've been wearing this gold laminated reflective insulation sheet as a toga, but is there maybe a way to make some kind of double space suit? I'm the only other person qualified to repair the long range antenna and I don't know if you want that other guy doing anything more complicated than Chinese checkers, of which we don't even have a set, but that's something I'll bring up at a later date.

Hey are you gonna finish that?

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 13, 2023

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...

redshirt posted:

So when is Pizza Night???

Can anybody hear me in there?! I brought your order from Space Domino's. Someone ordered 30 pepperoni pizzas with special instructions to draw smiley faces inside the box. I've been out here for a couple months now, and to be honest... I ate all the pizza.

I'd still like my tip though. We normally don't deliver outside the asteroid belt, but my boss made an exception because we're trying to expand our business.

HELLO??!

Continues banging on the outside of the hull, which sounds like faint tapping from inside the ship

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

Can anybody hear me in there?! I brought your order from Space Domino's. Someone ordered 30 pepperoni pizzas with special instructions to draw smiley faces inside the box. I've been out here for a couple months now, and to be honest... I ate all the pizza.

I'd still like my tip though. We normally don't deliver outside the asteroid belt, but my boss made an exception because we're trying to expand our business.

HELLO??!

Continues banging on the outside of the hull, which sounds like faint tapping from inside the ship

Oh poo poo right we ordered pizza!

*Gets on EV Suit

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Captain I refilled your liquor cabinet with the latest batch of space hooch I made by fermenting and distilling the weird green mold that started growing in the greenhouse

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

HELLO??!

My dude I put in a charge back for those pizzas months ago.

30 minutes or less right?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"I planned on this only being a 4-year one-way trip..." I say ominously before destroying navigational controls while holding a space gun on the crew.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

JediTalentAgent posted:

"I planned on this only being a 4-year one-way trip..." I say ominously before destroying navigational controls while holding a space gun on the crew.

Oh that's where my hair dryer went, give it back I want to look good when the pizza guy gets in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ATTENTION SHIP RESIDENTS: MANDATORY MEETING TODAY AT 17:00