Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
I've done some more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Log by bolb

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

qc's art has improved

Set
Oct 30, 2005

I haven't had the time to make any new art in a while, and even though the thread has been a bit quiet lately I just want to say that I laughed really hard at quite a few of the latest artworks posted in here!

Greggster's stuff in particular got a big lol

Anyway I had a discussion with some friends about something that ended up with a bad deep cut joke about a Alpha Legion space marine being called Betarius instead of Alpharius. Enjoy a space marine. A beaky even, so the best kind.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Set posted:

A beaky even, so the best kind.

:haibrow: It's true, and since he's just a beta his beak is particularly weak and rounded off.

Set
Oct 30, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

:haibrow: It's true, and since he's just a beta his beak is particularly weak and rounded off.

It is a duckbill MK. 6!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The darkest of heresies.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

The sneep-snorpiest Sonic!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

He needs that enormous snout to handle the gigantic amount of cocaine running all the time demands.

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

I made you an angry sausage, op.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Set posted:

I haven't had the time to make any new art in a while, and even though the thread has been a bit quiet lately I just want to say that I laughed really hard at quite a few of the latest artworks posted in here!

Greggster's stuff in particular got a big lol

Anyway I had a discussion with some friends about something that ended up with a bad deep cut joke about a Alpha Legion space marine being called Betarius instead of Alpharius. Enjoy a space marine. A beaky even, so the best kind.

Thank you so much! That means so much <3
I lol'd at your picture and it gets even better with the background for it, I've been busy drawing more stuff but just forgot about this thread so uh, big dump inc ;

(I both have a deep fascination with the Garfield strip "the pipe" and also made a promise that I would post a daily Garfield every day so uh, there's a lot of Garfield being drawn)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Set
Oct 30, 2005

lol
also that is an inspired Captain Haddock! Like he really works as a cubism.

SirJohanna posted:

I made you an angry sausage, op.

Well thank you very much! :v:

Greggster posted:

Thank you so much! That means so much <3
I lol'd at your picture and it gets even better with the background for it, I've been busy drawing more stuff but just forgot about this thread so uh, big dump inc ;

*snipped a boatload of amazing drawings*

(I both have a deep fascination with the Garfield strip "the pipe" and also made a promise that I would post a daily Garfield every day so uh, there's a lot of Garfield being drawn)

lol Absolutely amazing stuff once again! Garfield is definitely a fascinating character, and "the pipe" strip really was turned into a piece of art with that one Lasagna Cat video with the guy discussing it for an hour straight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

Feel free to imagedump into this thread whenever you want! Looking forward to what you make next!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Set posted:

lol
also that is an inspired Captain Haddock! Like he really works as a cubism.

I'm just too lazy to free-hand everything, but thanks.

e: I just noticed I left some of the small loops white :(

Set
Oct 30, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm just too lazy to free-hand everything, but thanks.

e: I just noticed I left some of the small loops white :(

Bob Ross called them happy little accidents and they add a little personality to MS Paints! Also lazy shortcuts are a great way to find out new and interesting looks and styles so that is always fun to see!

I did a pipe smoking Garfield for Greggster too! It was a really fascinating experience, because I've never before actually realized how lumpy and full of folds the Garfield design is lol

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Amazing work. :five:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Set posted:

I've never before actually realized how lumpy and full of folds the Garfield design is lol

He fat lol.

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

Genuinely lol'd at some of the Garfield comics itt. Garfield is fun to draw, everyone should do it at least once.

Also digging op's very cool pipe smokin' cat with attitude!

The goon takes on Tintin are gold.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Set posted:

lol Absolutely amazing stuff once again! Garfield is definitely a fascinating character, and "the pipe" strip really was turned into a piece of art with that one Lasagna Cat video with the guy discussing it for an hour straight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

Feel free to imagedump into this thread whenever you want! Looking forward to what you make next!

I consider that video one of the most fascinating, and culturally important pieces in the modern history of art because I can't for the life of me understand how one person can discuss a singular strip like that, without *ever* breaking character in one single take.

Set posted:

Bob Ross called them happy little accidents and they add a little personality to MS Paints! Also lazy shortcuts are a great way to find out new and interesting looks and styles so that is always fun to see!

I did a pipe smoking Garfield for Greggster too! It was a really fascinating experience, because I've never before actually realized how lumpy and full of folds the Garfield design is lol

That's a beautiful Garfield and I agree wholeheartedly, lazy shortcuts allows for a wider use of your imagination than a bucket full of tools

SirJohanna posted:

Genuinely lol'd at some of the Garfield comics itt. Garfield is fun to draw, everyone should do it at least once.

Also digging op's very cool pipe smokin' cat with attitude!

The goon takes on Tintin are gold.

Garfield's probably one of the best character designs out there because of how fun it is to draw, it's almost soothing in a weird way because you essentially just make a lot of circles and half circles and suddenly ; finished?

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

Awesome drawings!

I wanted to draw a Garfield and I know the bong is a bit cheesy but I felt it was a natural evolution of the pipe? Or something like that, half-baked (heh) thought . Too lazy for anything more imaginative, so here you go. More Garf please.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Garfield only uses one hitters because bongs are too much maintenance

You'd think they'd have lasagna flavored edibles by now

Excellent drawing tho

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

e: Let's do MSPAINT Garfacter portraits! (56k no)

ee: OK I drew from memory. Unclesampatriot actually has more teeth than that. If ur reading this, I'm sorry.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 2, 2023

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Greggster posted:

Garfield's probably one of the best character designs out there because of how fun it is to draw, it's almost soothing in a weird way because you essentially just make a lot of circles and half circles and suddenly ; finished?

Your observation about Garfield is pretty close to why Sonic and a lot of other popular characters are so easy to draw as well! Simple shapes that almost click together to create the character, and when it does it is super satisfying.

Amazing art-dump as always, and I decided to just include the two that really made me laugh the most! Thanks for sharing these!

SirJohanna posted:

Awesome drawings!

I wanted to draw a Garfield and I know the bong is a bit cheesy but I felt it was a natural evolution of the pipe? Or something like that, half-baked (heh) thought . Too lazy for anything more imaginative, so here you go. More Garf please.

lol this'll turn up as a stoner's tattoo or painted on a wizard van some day in the future :v: Absolutely delightful!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: Let's do MSPAINT Garfacter portraits! (56k no)

ee: OK I drew from memory. Unclesampatriot actually has more teeth than that. If ur reading this, I'm sorry.

lol that is an amazing face and I love the lakupiippu! Garfin' it up.

So I couldn't decide on what character to draw next, so I just did them all. Try imagining the theme jingle for this show!

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

More awesome contributions, you goons are the best!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Set posted:

So I couldn't decide on what character to draw next, so I just did them all. Try imagining the theme jingle for this show!

:shepspends:

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I felt the urge for portraiture once more, and lately I've been weirdly gripped by this picture of Kevin James I've seen posted multiple places:

Behold:

I'm now wishing I had drawn it bigger, but such is life in MSPaint Portrait World

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lol

e: where pipe tho?

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 3, 2023

Set
Oct 30, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

lol

e: where pipe tho?

In the hands of classic Star Wars character "Bistan" of course!

Set
Oct 30, 2005

I'll also add The Stranger from Big Lebowsky, who already made an appearance in another thread. I've fixed a few flaws in this version though!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Set posted:

I'll also add The Stranger from Big Lebowsky, who already made an appearance in another thread. I've fixed a few flaws in this version though!

lmfao

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Bear Enthusiast posted:

I felt the urge for portraiture once more, and lately I've been weirdly gripped by this picture of Kevin James I've seen posted multiple places:

Behold:

I'm now wishing I had drawn it bigger, but such is life in MSPaint Portrait World

While it may be small, it is still an amazing piece of art! It looks great!

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Howdy, stranger!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Set posted:

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Ahahahaha gently caress yes!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Set posted:

Howdy, stranger!

:tipshat:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
There's too much skill here.

Don't care, posting anyways.

Guns, lots of guns.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

I'm happy to see people are still posting in this thread.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'm almost ashamed of my 20 minute or so job compared to Commander Spurdo up there. Pixel art is hard. Kudos to the artists in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

SirJohanna posted:

Awesome drawings!

It makes absolutely perfect sense that Garfield would use a bong, it's a shame Jon doesn't have the initials JC because you'd be able to make a great joke about "Oh my God JC a bong!" (actually you might still be able to make it)

Set posted:

Your observation about Garfield is pretty close to why Sonic and a lot of other popular characters are so easy to draw as well! Simple shapes that almost click together to create the character, and when it does it is super satisfying.

Amazing art-dump as always, and I decided to just include the two that really made me laugh the most! Thanks for sharing these!

I'm really glad you liked them <3 Your picture got a hearty laughter from me as well, it tickles my brain in the best of ways even though I'm not *entirely* sure who the person on the far right is :D

I'm in absolute love with your take on The Stranger from Big Lebowski, Sam Elliott is a great person to draw because not only is he very recognizeable but also because he's just so expressive which makes it easy to draw.

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Behold:

It's beautiful! It reminds me a lot of the portraits in Transport Tycoon

CannonFodder posted:

There's too much skill here.

Don't care, posting anyways.

Guns, lots of guns.

Everyone starts on the same square (one) and the only way to get better is to get going, don't worry about how it compares to others as long as you're having fun!