Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EmmyOk posted:

loving lol

After #theresistance decided to lionise Bush it was only a matter of time before they started venerating the former trump administration. verrit code 5318008

The single thing I will ever say positive about Spicer is that I am glad he got to meet the pope. And that is because the original slight, not letting him see the pope, was so impossibly petty that it offends my basic sense of human decency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Forget Canada chick.

The day Ms. Shah-Klorfine died, 73-year-old Tamae Watanabe of Japan became the oldest woman to reach the mountain summit, beating her own age record set a decade ago.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

How is this even an argument anywhere?

There are countries where spanking hasn't been a thing since the 50s'

A: If they can raise their children without spanking why can't you (you being the people in favor of spanking)
B: If you can raise them without spanking then why are you spanking them other than for a personal desire?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I went looking, hoping that this was sarcastic, and nope. This guy learned "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me" in kindergarten and by god he's determined to not learn anything else.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Dejawesp posted:

How is this even an argument anywhere?

There are countries where spanking hasn't been a thing since the 50s'

A: If they can raise their children without spanking why can't you (you being the people in favor of spanking)
B: If you can raise them without spanking then why are you spanking them other than for a personal desire?

Even besides the flowchart (if your kid can understand, they can understand words rather than spanking, if they can't understand, they can't understand spanking), I can't wrap my head around the argument.

"I turned out okay, I think hitting kids is okay"

Am I the only one seeing the contradiction there?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Seems like a pretty dope place to die honestly. Just wait until you're like 90, get as high as you can (and then get as high as you can on Everest) and then future generations have to deal with your stupid Ice Mummy forever and name some landmark after you like The Dead Chode With Zubaz Pants On Cave.

From "Cat's Cradle" : "If I were a younger man, I would write a history of human stupidity; and I would climb to the top of Mount McCabe and lie down on my back with my history for a pillow; and I would take from the ground some of the blue-white poison that makes statues of men; and I would make a statue of myself, lying on my back, grinning horribly, and thumbing my nose at You Know Who."

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Serperoth posted:

Even besides the flowchart (if your kid can understand, they can understand words rather than spanking, if they can't understand, they can't understand spanking), I can't wrap my head around the argument.

"I turned out okay, I think hitting kids is okay"

Am I the only one seeing the contradiction there?

No, a lot of people have made that point. It doesn't often sink in.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

shut up before I take off my belt

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

No body wants to be told that they were brought up in a fundamentally damaging way so cognitive dissonance kicks in and takes away the pain

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Glagha posted:

Man that's sad but holy gently caress, everyone told you "do not go there. The people there will steal your expensive white girl poo poo, shoot you, and dump you in a river" and then she went there, and they stole her poo poo, shot her, and dumped her in a river.

Zelder posted:

No body wants to be told that they were brought up in a fundamentally damaging way so cognitive dissonance kicks in and takes away the pain

There is a connection here, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
https://twitter.com/ManuclearBomb/status/910551343965851651

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

If you think D&D is cool, just....play D&D.

Trust me, it's fun.

Oh, wait. That would require having other people be able to stand your presence for a few hours. There's your problem.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Rogue 7 posted:

Trust me, it's fun.

Oh, wait. That would require having other people be able to stand your presence for a few hours. There's your problem.

I can't understand why Klansmen would identify with a game where exceptional people (whom the art normally display as white) fight hordes of inhuman monsters that are always chaotic evil.

(Disclaimer: I like D&D and Call of Cthulhu, but you have to work around some of the more troubling aspects of the way they were made.)

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rogue 7 posted:

Trust me, it's fun.

Also their titles are stupid. Grand Kleagle? Exalted Cyclops? And look at this nonsense:

quote:

There was a nearly identical set of subordinate officers at each level:[41]

Klaliff – vice president
Klokard – lecturer
Kludd – chaplain
Kligrapp – secretary
Klabee – treasurer
Kladd – "conductor", in charge of initiating new members
Klarogo – inner guard, serjeant-at-arms
Klexter – outer guard
Nighthawks – couriers

If you wanna laugh your rear end off at some terrible name worldbuilding, here you go:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan_titles_and_vocabulary

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Klabee is my favorite Pokemon

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Midnight Voyager posted:

Also their titles are stupid. Grand Kleagle? Exalted Cyclops? And look at this nonsense:

If you wanna laugh your rear end off at some terrible name worldbuilding, here you go:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan_titles_and_vocabulary

Those sound like either Pokemon, or WoW mob names. I think I farmed Exalted Cyclopes for something before going into the Klokard raid.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Lonos Oboe posted:

There is a connection here, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

What?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If anyone is feeling sorry for sassygayrepublican

https://twitter.com/sassygayrepub/status/905218181890899968

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nobody likes a rat

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me

Kluckold - second to the Kladd.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://imgur.com/a/ICRHn

What a "nice guy"
Here's a preview

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Both people seem to think/thought that their life experiences are the be all and end all.

Edit: The original persons in those stories. Not the posters.

Lonos Oboe has a new favorite as of 23:34 on Sep 20, 2017

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

canyoneer posted:

What a "nice guy"
Here's a preview

so angry and disappointed I can't read the 77 comments
I BLAME YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What is it with Ricks?

gently caress you rick berman

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think I'd literally have a heart attack if I was taking out the bins at night and a giant Rick was staring around the tree at me.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

EmmyOk posted:

I think I'd literally have a heart attack if I was taking out the bins

heh goons

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

there's no coming back from this, gonna have to take out myself next time :saddowns:

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 00:12 on Sep 21, 2017

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
Sometimes I think Freud was full of poo poo about the mother thing. Then I read posts like this.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I think I need to be euthanized after reading all this

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

canyoneer posted:

What a "nice guy"
Here's a preview

Massive pro click

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

canyoneer posted:

What a "nice guy"
Here's a preview

unbridled entitlement wielded by a nutcase is always a marvel until it turns into a bloodbath.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

canyoneer posted:

What a "nice guy"
Here's a preview

I brought flowers and gifts to a woman I'd never met at work to prove I'm not a creepy weirdo. I just don't know what went wrong...

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
yah on one level it's funny and entertaining to read but on the other level this dude is just out there in the real world right now, either about to get some poor poor mormon lady in a pseudo arranged marriage or go white boy postal

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/2dAmMuslim/status/910597155303428098

Oh Ian :allears:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Zelder posted:

This is the literal direct and explicit opposite of what cognitive dissonance means.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

canyoneer posted:

What a "nice guy"
Here's a preview

"all I was doing was showing her that chivalry exists in the adult entertainment biz"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

This is the literal direct and explicit opposite of what cognitive dissonance means.

Whoops, my bad. looks like the idiot on social media is me

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Kek and his frog people are minions of the same totalitarian force that choreographs the pop songs of globalism. They simply have been casted as the Judd Nelson rebel in this play. This force is the Basilisk, God made hyperreal by spectacle, total control of all thought and action, auditor of all input/output, a parasite vowing to exploit the value of all future timelines... the Last Meme.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Literally explained in the first half hour of Argo. Which is honestly a pretty good thriller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

As someone who’s never had to endure the kind of scrutiny or judgment celebrities do, I can only begin to imagine how daunting it must be to have strangers constantly scrounging for whatever juicy personal tidbits they can dig up or coerce you to cough up. But, still, I am respectfully going to call bullshit on Lovato’s answer.

Thankfully the Facebook comments are all "gently caress you, she doesn't owe you poo poo".