Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

War and Pieces posted:

those are subsidized by the state I would assume

only when its being hosted by a royal
the cocaine however, you can be reimbursed for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

save less

:yooge: no

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TabitaSurge/status/1644931363735306240?t=Y43GiC2g6H1lJU742gJtAw&s=19

goodnight mooned
Aug 2, 2007

Eason the Fifth posted:

*coolio voice* Be spending most my days eating up that nando's perinaise

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Transphobia just completely rots your brain.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
trump was definitely an imperialist ideologically but he was so dogshit at running the empire that he did irreparable harm to the structures upholding it, so i guess the best description is that he ended up being an accidental anti-imperialist

you know, i feel like normally going all "well i had to murder a bunch of people to escape poverty" wouldn't actually be seen as exculpatory

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ReeceSaunders99/status/1644371189014380546?t=GBVhYmnk6c81S44oplmW7Q&s=19

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its wild that George Lucas made the Star Wars prequels be mostly about dumbass political drama, respect to the man tbh

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
personally i would be a bit wary about drawing a direct parallel between jewish people and a highly secretive and massively powerful organization that would easily be capable of controlling the entire government from behind the scenes should they choose to, but maybe that's just me

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/rumpfshaker/status/1644893660339634176

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Party Boat posted:

Nah the second chunk is breaking the 85k down into subtotals although it doesn't help that he shifts from annual to monthly when talking about costs. The maths is the only thing right in that post though

Actually it is 100% right, as it shows even if you are saving one thousand pounds a month you still have more money left over than some people make.

my bony fealty posted:

of course Trump supported and further entrenched the interests of the deep state. they would have killed him if it was otherwise.

I figure you get a briefing on the Kennedy assassination when you become president.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cerebral Bore posted:

so dogshit at running the empire that he did irreparable harm to the structures upholding it, so i guess the best description is that he ended up being an accidental anti-imperialist

this describes everyone in charge since the mid 90s. ultimately W is at fault for weakening the empire's foundations by completely overextending the US militarily, economically, and diplomatically, and Obama did nothing to reverse the first two with only moderate success at fixing the latter, which was mainly because he was more charismatic. are they also accidental anti imperialists

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

it’s actually Normal and not weird to have nazi memorabilia and a garden full of statues

https://twitter.com/jonahdispatch/status/1644725092826398726
https://twitter.com/davidafrench/status/1644894611037638657

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The guy owns statues of Lenin, Stalin, and Mao, so I guess he can't be all bad.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

this describes everyone in charge since the mid 90s. ultimately W is at fault for weakening the empire's foundations by completely overextending the US militarily, economically, and diplomatically, and Obama did nothing to reverse the first two with only moderate success at fixing the latter, which was mainly because he was more charismatic. are they also accidental anti imperialists

nah, this isn't quite the case. us hegemony got stronger until iraq, in the 90s hw bush and clinton presided pretty deftly over the looting of the former soviet bloc and generally making examples of any country that got too uppity and obama tried to repair the machinery of empire, but failed due to external factors rather than any major bumbling of his own

so the only one besides trump that you can really make the case for is dubya, and yeah, he objectively did end up kicking off the decline of the us empire while trying to empire-build so i guess accidental anti-imperialist fits him too

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
this argument is a bit silly, since empires always end up dying, by this token every imperialist can be an accidental anti-imperialist. if you want to look for causes of downfall, why stop at GWB and not Bretton Woods or whatnot?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/retentionkings/status/1644810884764631040?t=pE--GmtPp-3XSqzluOq04g&s=19

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
This is the hot takes thread, not the basic elementary school science facts thread

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
If I'm still a hi-IQ brain genius after losing this much semon imagine how dumb these guys are if this is their brain at peak efficiency.

I feel the same way about straight edge people

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

terminally advanced karen brain here

https://twitter.com/michelletandler/status/1645069391921545216

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

That's one hell of an "I'm just asking questions here!"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

We're Going To Have To DO SOMETHING About These White Women iykwim.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

the correct term is “hanged”

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
they said you was publicly hung

they was right

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Yeah, I came here to post that woman. What a monster.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

indigi posted:

I do not think the US military was overextended invading Iraq and Afghanistan. If they had mostly bailed from Iraq as soon as ISIS really took off then the result would be Syria destabilized, Iran expending resources fighting ISIS. Keep the Kurdish area of Iraq and maybe a base or two further south (oilfields) but just continue with Brenner's neoliberal hands off policy rather than surges and nation building crap.
Afghanistan, Obama should have (from the perspective of empire) just cut and run after killing bin Laden once it had become clear Iran was still too strong to invade.
I think this graph is somewhat illustrative.

War and Pieces posted:

If I'm still a hi-IQ brain genius after losing this much semon imagine how dumb these guys are if this is their brain at peak efficiency.

Straight edging was the topic under discussion already.

Endman posted:

the correct term is “hanged”

Nope, she's thinking about that D.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

tristeham posted:

this argument is a bit silly, since empires always end up dying, by this token every imperialist can be an accidental anti-imperialist. if you want to look for causes of downfall, why stop at GWB and not Bretton Woods or whatnot?

trump was kind of unique in this sense though due to being such a dumbass, like he killed the TPP for no real reason besides hillary and obama liked it. he talked poo poo about NATO because he truly doesn't understand why it exists

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
A sizable amount of people genuinely believe NATO is to actually protect nations from big scary Russia and not as a tool to project American hegemony and power across the entire world, yeah.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

trump was kind of unique in this sense though due to being such a dumbass, like he killed the TPP for no real reason besides hillary and obama liked it. he talked poo poo about NATO because he truly doesn't understand why it exists

He was like a mob boss getting mad they're spending too much money protecting local businesses

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

StashAugustine posted:

He was like a mob boss getting mad they're spending too much money protecting local businesses

lol yeah

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

https://twitter.com/michelletandler/status/1645231045229568001

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The chatgpt screenshot lol

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

... she asked ChatGPT which countries still hang people? Starting to suspect this might be a bit.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

War and Pieces posted:

I bet the venn diagram looks like a giant rear end

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yeah, I came here to post that woman. What a monster.

Basically anything about SF at this point is astroturfed to hell at this point by tech bros/nazis

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
she genuinely is someone that used to live in SF and moved to new york and posts all the time about how san francisco is a violent hellhole despite the fact that nearly everything she posts is contrary to the facts

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
everyone has had a good laugh at her, but have you considered that it'd mean hanging the executive director of the californian police union? not such a bad idea now, is it?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
oh my god it's the meth dog shits lady too

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
https://twitter.com/fishontherun2/status/1645217648043761664?s=20

lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Trump killed the TPP because he thought it was a giveaway to China, making it one of the funniest things he ever did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I think it was at least as much that he wanted Bannon's crowd to think he was cool and smart but yeah
hating China was a pretty big deal to Bannon, I don't think Trump personally ever cared about it that much himself
e: trump's main motivators were always vanity and spite, if anyone is seeing anything deeper than that in him lmao