Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I miss griefing in WoW, however terrible it might have been. I might have to start playing again to gently caress with the lvl 20s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I miss griefing in WoW, however terrible it might have been. I might have to start playing again to gently caress with the lvl 20s.

Those lvl 20s probably all have 3 or 4 lvl80s or whatever the max is now.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

mcvey posted:

Those lvl 20s probably all have 3 or 4 lvl80s or whatever the max is now.
There's actually a really huge number of people who never bought any of the expansions, so they really are stuck in STV.

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT
I'm sure some will find it question but using the pistol spawn exploit in l4d2 to raise everyones latency to 300+ when you are being pubstomped is golden. It makes infected nearly impossible to play and means you can more or less book it to the safe room with out much trouble. Obvious downsides anything you do that takes time (healing picking up defib etc) will take some time but god the rage is fantastic. For a damage example I was smoked for like 15 seconds cause I was a bit behind but was only hit twice.

"I'm sorry you wanted to play 4 friends vs 4 randoms go join team versus next time"

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Trotsky1940 posted:

Also, my screenname: John McClain. Yippe Kiyay, Motherfucker!

It's John "McClane", FYI.

Trotsky1940
Sep 18, 2006

Blarticus posted:

It's John "McClane", FYI.

Good to know, I'll be changing tonight!

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FoF posted:

I'm sure some will find it question but using the pistol spawn exploit in l4d2 to raise everyones latency to 300+

I dont know that one. What is it?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I dont know that one. What is it?

You can make duplicate pistols by doing some juggling with double pistols and melee weapons.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
It's pretty much the same glitch that lets you make a laggy pile of grenade launchers in the DkC finale, but a bit trickier to pull off since it's weapon swapping and not just firing a grenade and grabbing a new launcher.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I sincerely hope that next fifteen pages will not consist of "Hey guys I went to L4D server and spawned tons of guns so it got real laggy and other players HAD TO LEAVE! :haw:"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Actually, is there a concise list of basic L4D griefs a newbie could do?

I'm meeting up with a friend to play it sometime this week (it'll be my first time) and I wanna rattle her cage a bit. After playing legitimately for a while, of course.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm meeting up with a friend to play it sometime this week (it'll be my first time) and I wanna rattle her cage a bit. After playing legitimately for a while, of course.
The classic thing to do to your friends is to heal them with your medkit, stop, then start again. While healing someone you are both frozen in place. Save this for one of the gauntlet events in L4D2 and your friend will walk over to your computer and slap you.

Another way to grief people is to join a lobby and leave right before the game starts, or even better find a lobby that has been waiting for an 8th player forever then jump off something to your death at the start of the round.

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

Shumagorath posted:

The classic thing to do to your friends is to heal them with your medkit, stop, then start again. While healing someone you are both frozen in place. Save this for one of the gauntlet events in L4D2 and your friend will walk over to your computer and slap you.

Another way to grief people is to join a lobby and leave right before the game starts, or even better find a lobby that has been waiting for an 8th player forever then jump off something to your death at the start of the round.

Or both of you pick a team mate and do that. On the other hand I think pulling a healthkit out blocks that.

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.

Ahahaha, I love the poor guy in the bottom right. His gas mask makes him look so sad.
:v: "You suck"
:( "I do"

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.

Only use melee weapons, even if it means running 150 feet to free a smoker-pulled teammate, rapid press "E" on saferoom and other important doors so they open and close back and forth and no one can get through har har, look up shortcuts on youtube and spend a little time in single player practicing them, some of them are complete morale destroyers and typically deadly if not done quickly and properly, makign them harder to imitate.

I'm not even gonna get into vocalizations as I'm already sick of playing with Coaches that say "MUTHA" every time they fire a shot, or Ellis telling me "I Love You" every time he jumps.

Tux Racer
Dec 24, 2005

I have found a lot of success in charging ahead of your teammates, and rouse as many zombies as possible before you die. If they don't kick you, they will all more than likely die. Also, just acting incompetent in general is a good way to get people pissed.

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

Tux Racer posted:

I have found a lot of success in charging ahead of your teammates, and rouse as many zombies as possible before you die. If they don't kick you, they will all more than likely die. Also, just acting incompetent in general is a good way to get people pissed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVtcPSdI4ys

Accidental griefing turned into success.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

FoF posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVtcPSdI4ys

Accidental griefing turned into success.

How was that griefing? All I saw was a guy lag behind the other three but still make it to the safe room. Care to explain?

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

moosecow333 posted:

How was that griefing? All I saw was a guy lag behind the other three but still make it to the safe room. Care to explain?

They all abandoned him. He should have been dead but the enemy team was severely incompetent.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
So... not a grief.

Its funny when you start picking up someone, then drop them.

Then do it again.

and again...

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

Cannon_Fodder posted:

So... not a grief.

Its funny when you start picking up someone, then drop them.

Then do it again.

and again...

Almost as funny as repeatedly using your healthkit on someone else right when they're trying to get in the safe room or do anything important really

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Blarticus posted:

Almost as funny as repeatedly using your healthkit on someone else right when they're trying to get in the safe room or do anything important really

I didn't even know how to prevent others (specifically AI bots) from trying to heal me until almost when L4D2 came out, so this would have worked on me :smith:

take out your health kit or pills, though if you don't have any then too bad I guess

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Blarticus posted:

If you're gonna repeat something that has already been posted, would you mind at least posting stuff that's not on the same page?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Co-op games like L4D2 practically require griefing because of the massive jerks that you inevitably end up playing with.

I'm not talking about other griefers, just people that are dicks. Like a guy who accidentally incapped me while I was swarmed but standing perfectly still, only to come over after the horde settled down to grab my medkit before a teammate could defib me. I could let taking my medkit slide if he hadn't just killed me then used that opportunity to grab my medkit. Teamkilling just isn't my style so I spent the rest of the campaign right next to this guy, covering his side by shooting at walls then backing up behind him so the zombies hit him instead of me.

Oh you thought I was shooting the zombies? Haha, no. :toot:

Then there's those realism games where I'm the only player shooting special infected off of teammates. God help me if I get jumped, because my teammates probably wont. Sometimes the only players with medkits get prissy and wont heal me with their medkit when I tell them I'm black and white after that last smoker incapped me. "Use your pills" they say, but I wont unless I see more pills; from then on I have a mission. If I manage to finish the level while near-death I'll pop my pills, throw a molotov right in front of the saferoom, run through the fire, then further demonstrate my ability to waste medkits by using every medkit in the saferoom.

Teamwork is fun but loving over greedy teammates is also fun.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
Not sure if anyone posted this yet of if it's still in the game, but in Face Of Mankind we goons were in the mining guild, and we'd do mining "runs" on a planet called DeMorgan's Castle. That planet was a good one for doing economic stuff, but also housed the prison in the game so it was tightly guarded by the LED (police). The entrance to the prison was kind of like this:

............................/---------------B
---------------------/

That was the entrance to the initial outer LED area. The dots are empty space, the dashes are ground, and the B is a barrier that you can't get past unless you hack it. A bunch of civilians would stand around in the lower area, and a ton of LED would just stand on the upper level. Well, if you even got close to that ramp, they went insane and got really mad at you. It was hilarious when a ton of people would get on the ramp and start dancing ridiculous dances while the LED kept yelling at us until they started shooting us and we'd run away or throw grenades at them.

I'm not sure what the game is like now but I'll get some screenshots in a couple weeks when I go back home.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait, so you're saying that people join an online game just to guard a prison?

They're already been griefed by the game.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

Wait, so you're saying that people join an online game just to guard a prison?

They're already been griefed by the game.
Worse; there's a Counter-Strike game type where the terrorists are prisoners and the CTs are guards. The only "griefing" video I've seen featured a guy who simply shot prisoners and this made everyone have a shitfit.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
Prison break is the worst loving map type ever. It's designed around griefing, but it's somehow not funny. It's just sad.

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
There was a pretty rad prison break map in blockland. Which happens to be a great griefing game. One time some kid declared that his corner of the map was untouchable and nobody could enter unless they answered some questions about pokemon or something so I built a wiggling rainbow snake through the front door of the house he was building, and then filled up as much of the house as i could from there. He ended up sealing me up inside it... Touche little blockland pokemon kid, touche...

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE
Modern Warfare 2
I fooled some pubbies into believing I almost got the tacnuke and died just before getting it in MW2.- Then proceeded to nuke them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-_ADUruuLs

Also, I got the nuke camping and OMA tubing which people tend to hate.

Battlefield bad company 2 beta
This is a really poor "grief" but after unlocking everything unlockable in the beta I got bored and just started playing as a defender and blowing up our own "m-con" stations = making the game unplayable for everyone. No video of the rage comments but they were many.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Heintron posted:

Battlefield bad company 2 beta
This is a really poor "grief" but after unlocking everything unlockable in the beta I got bored and just started playing as a defender and blowing up our own "m-con" stations = making the game unplayable for everyone. No video of the rage comments but they were many.
You should have the tracer dart, so get on the attacking team, head over to Camper's Ridge and shoot some snipers in the eyes. They should have a big red glow obscuring their vision. If that doesn't work just block their view or push them from behind.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

You should have the tracer dart, so get on the attacking team, head over to Camper's Ridge and shoot some snipers in the eyes. They should have a big red glow obscuring their vision. If that doesn't work just block their view or push them from behind.

Smoke grenades work better on large herds of snipers. Keep an ammo pack on your feet and you can rapid fire them without going out of ammo.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE
Or both. An assault build with smokes and the tracergun.
I need to try this when I get home from work.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.
So, from what I've heard about the goons in EVE, apparently the leader of Goonswarm, one karttoon, didn't bother paying the bills for their bases, disbanded Goonswarm, and put it under Band of Brothers (The corp that Goonswarm warred with for god drat ever before some hijinx basically destroyed them.) which was a trophy corp at that point. Of course, if someone from the Goonswarm wants to fill us in a bit more, I'd be eager to hear it.

EVE online, powered by tears.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Soth posted:

So, from what I've heard about the goons in EVE, apparently the leader of Goonswarm, one karttoon, didn't bother paying the bills for their bases, disbanded Goonswarm, and put it under Band of Brothers (The corp that Goonswarm warred with for god drat ever before some hijinx basically destroyed them.) which was a trophy corp at that point. Of course, if someone from the Goonswarm wants to fill us in a bit more, I'd be eager to hear it.

The sad thing is that he was probably bought out with actual money.

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!

Shumagorath posted:

Worse; there's a Counter-Strike game type where the terrorists are prisoners and the CTs are guards. The only "griefing" video I've seen featured a guy who simply shot prisoners and this made everyone have a shitfit.

Here are some jailbreak griefing videos:
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqluy-9CiWA
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc0vxhWiSaE

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Soth posted:

Karttoon was actually on his honeymoon at the time, so he kind of has an excuse for why he didn't notice this poo poo.

The problem was that the auto-pay was set to take money from a wallet that didn't have enough; they had enough space money, but it wasn't in the appropriate place. There was another person that could've noticed this, but he was burned out and didn't bother even trying.

There are mails that get sent in situations like this, but they would've gotten lost in a tidal storm of random crap flooding the leaders' mailboxes.

Also, the disbanding came a full week after the bills failed to get paid; Karttoon basically went 'gently caress it' and stole a bunch of poo poo. (I say 'stole' since he was, after all, the CEO.)

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Jzmisgoo posted:

Here are some jailbreak griefing videos:
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqluy-9CiWA
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc0vxhWiSaE

I don't get it, do they just stand around all game?

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!

Law posted:

The gaurds tell the prisoners what to do, most of the time they tell them to do some goofy poo poo like standing on top of eachother. The prisoners are supposed to break out by making plans and stuff, but that rarely ever happens because people have SO MUCH FUN standing around I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Law posted:

Trying to understand Face of Mankind is kind of like being griefed in itself.

• Locked thread