Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Turtlicious posted:

I tried to sand it off and it scraped up the glue.

Oh wow this just gets better and better. This is like a Leslie Nielsen movie.

Turtlicious' previous efforts:

(just busting your chops buddy :) )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

So uhhh... Anyone know some good decal girl skins?

e: I'm an idiot, please help me hide my shame.

goldmine

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
This has got to be an expensive troll.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i thought turtlelicious was a gimmick...

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

oh my god

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Davincie posted:

i thought turtlelicious was a gimmick...

He actually glued poo poo to his 3DS and actually cut up game cases in order to do so.

Everything else is just him trying to play the whole thing down by playing it up. It's like when someone gets caught with poo poo in their pants and says they forgot to poop that morning or something.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

glue poo poo to 3ds

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Steel Diver Is Not A Bad Game

You could definitely find it cheaper than that, I was just idly posting junk I saw on Best Buy.
I got Steel Diver at GameStop for like $3, I had a good time with it at that price.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BisterdDave posted:

Not as expensive as the guy who microwaved his Majora's Mask 3DSXL

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

When I was younger I thought that circle formed by the headmane thing and the neck was his eye, couldn't unsee it for years

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BisterdDave posted:

Hypothetically, a broken for parts DS is only like $15 on Ebay, the cards could have been taped on the first time, and then the dried glue could be on the busted DS with super glue or elmers or something.

It could also just be glued on bits to a decal girl case.

But it's not, I've now glued, scraped, and scratched a $200+ system.

:(

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

Hypothetically, a broken for parts DS is only like $15 on Ebay, the cards could have been taped on the first time, and then the dried glue could be on the busted DS with super glue or elmers or something.

You're a loving moron.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm sure there's a valuable lesson in all of this.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Level Slide posted:

Invest in some debonder.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I dunno dude, it seems like a great idea you should try putting them back on.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Aren't you that dude that one time saw an indie game being offered for free as a promo, clicked next next next so much that you missed the part where you had to put the promo code and then when asked about your credit card info you just filled it up and spent $30 on it? Because that poo poo was hilarious and even though it's been like three years I still recall it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The funny part is that even if it glued to a decal girl skin, it's still beyond idiotic. You spent money to get a skin that looks just like the 3DS one, cut up game cases, physically glued them to the console, and you play it up on the internet. It's essentially this meme in real life:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

This thread took a turn for the bizarre, I don't even know what's going on right now.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saoshyant posted:

Aren't you that dude that one time saw an indie game being offered for free as a promo, clicked next next next so much that you missed the part where you had to put the promo code and then when asked about your credit card info you just filled it up and spent $30 on it? Because that poo poo was hilarious and even though it's been like three years I still recall it.

Yeah, that was me as well.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Gentlemen I have glued my 3DS to one of the ceiling beams in my garage so I don't lose it.

So, what do you think? I just walk by every day and go "Huh, so that's where I left the 3DS." Girlfriend told me not to but it works like a charm!

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Turtlicious posted:

Use a screwdriver

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Turtlicious posted:

So uhhh... Anyone know some good decal girl skins?

e: I'm an idiot, please help me hide my shame.

What are your girlfriend's thoughts on this?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Turtlicious posted:

On the bright side: you didn't break kayfabe

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fawf posted:

What are your girlfriend's thoughts on this?

She hasn't come home yet I'm going to color it in with sharpy so it's less noticeable.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

She hasn't come home yet I'm going to color it in with sharpy so it's less noticeable.

I'm gonna need to see pics of this.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Turtlicious posted:

holy gently caress

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

This is incredible

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I did that to a table I was trying to sell that had some marks on it, that doesn't work. It just looks like a problem you tried to cover up with markers.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I don't care if it's not real, this is thrilling

What will happen next?!?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nolgthorn posted:

I did that to a table I was trying to sell that had some marks on it, that doesn't work. It just looks like a problem you tried to cover up with markers.

Why didn't you rub it with walnuts?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Monkey Fracas posted:

I don't care if it's not real, this is thrilling

What will happen next?!?

"Guys, I heard taking a hammer to the screen would clear up some minor scratches. Instead it made it worse. Whoops!"

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Picked up Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the rift today, anything I need to know before jumping in?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I'm still confused how this all happened. He super glued some weird chinese game case to his faceplate then upon realizing his mistake decided to pry it off?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Stelio Kontos posted:

Picked up Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the rift today, anything I need to know before jumping in?

The protagonist is unbearable as gently caress, the story is horrible, and the sprites are from the GBA game. And yet, stick with it, it's good fun. You get eased in pretty easily early on and nothing is really missable -- just jump in.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Stelio Kontos posted:

It is strictly worse than Final Fantasy Tactics, which you should just play instead. Even if you've played it before.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

It is strictly worse than Final Fantasy Tactics, which you should just play instead. Even if you've played it before.

I have bought three copies of that game. Imported one, bought a sketchy copy from eBay with no seal of approval that eventually stopped working, then finally a used copy from gamestop. Beat each one, the last one about three times. I would pay full retail if they released FFTA for VC. Why.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Thanks guys. I'm not really afraid of a bad character or plotline. I just have a strategy itch that needs scratching. I've played the original and both advance ones to death, just stumbled across this one at my local record exchange and impulse bought it. I'm also on a bit of a Final Fantasy kick with type 0 unlocking in a matter of hours. I figured I'd spend 80 bucks on a couple games to play after work on st paddys instead of the 200 I'd surely drop if I went out drinking.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Zaphod42 posted:

It's also strictly better than Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and overall a pretty good game.

Also if you're the kind of person who likes some challenge, don't go overboard with the Auction.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Level Slide posted:

Yeah, listen to your girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

pics