Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GonSmithe posted:

I fail to see why anyone thinks these completely heartless "so bad it's good" movies are good, but there's like 6 new ones every year.

If I could make a living making nothing but this awful schlock, I would.
I would chew every bit of scenery, I would fire every spray painted Nerf gun like a real soldier, I would loving own it.

I'm 100% serious. Maybe I should quit my job. I'm not awful to look at and don't freak out when speaking publicly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

If I could make a living making nothing but this awful schlock, I would.
I would chew every bit of scenery, I would fire every spray painted Nerf gun like a real soldier, I would loving own it.

I'm 100% serious. Maybe I should quit my job. I'm not awful to look at and don't freak out when speaking publicly.

You should talk to goon FizFashizzle who was the "star" of the three-headed shark movie. Also ask him about his experiences hanging out with RVD.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Codependent Poster posted:

You should talk to goon FizFashizzle who was the "star" of the three-headed shark movie. Also ask him about his experiences hanging out with RVD.

link to thread?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

GonSmithe posted:

I fail to see why anyone thinks these completely heartless "so bad it's good" movies are good, but there's like 6 new ones every year.

:350:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dillbag posted:

link to thread?

No idea. It was probably brought up in some random football thread in TFF.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

At least Troma movies we're earnest. These things are pieces of poo poo and appeal to loving losers who eat up monkey-cheese poo poo.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

And More posted:

The other heads can eat your friends. :thumbsup:

What friends? :(

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

They're off by about 5900 teeth.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Talk about the devil, both just from last week lol:

It's been over 40 years since the release of the first Jaws (holy poo poo, time flies) and multiple franchises are still living off the concept.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sharksploitation is a rich tradition.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 5, 2017

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Jamie Foxx's hat looks like clipart

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The weirdest thing about that poster is how everybody else looks mostly right, except for Ansel Elgort.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
God, those Dark Tower posters have been so lackluster. McConaughy all looking like someone off screen just called his name and he's trying to gauge if he knows them or not.

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

I've never really gotten the "boohoo Hollywood is killing my childhood" thing that nerds on the internet are always bitching about, but I've got to admit, that Jumanji poster hurts me on a deeply personal level.

I haven't seen Baby Driver, but I'm always happy to see Jon Hamm in things. I want Jon Hamm to be in every movie.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

It kinda looks like McConaughey accidentally walked into the shot and is surprised to see Idris Elba there.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

drat bad positioning there.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

LonelyMudkip posted:

I've never really gotten the "boohoo Hollywood is killing my childhood" thing that nerds on the internet are always bitching about, but I've got to admit, that Jumanji poster hurts me on a deeply personal level.

I haven't seen Baby Driver, but I'm always happy to see Jon Hamm in things. I want Jon Hamm to be in every movie.

Im mildly amused by the fact that someone, somewhere said "you know what needs a comeback? Jumanji!"

Also that is one lovely cast.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The poster didn't hurt me nearly as much as the trailer did. It looks abysmal.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Attitude Indicator posted:

Im mildly amused by the fact that someone, somewhere said "you know what needs a comeback? Jumanji!"

Also that is one lovely cast.

That's gotta be the first time anyone has ever said that about a movie with Dwayne in it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dark Tower looks like total dogshit. Hopefully, it's just the marketing...

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

LonelyMudkip posted:

I think he's really good in it.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Vintersorg posted:

Nah, check out the writing credits. It's gonna suck.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Vintersorg posted:

The current cut is rumored to run only 85 minutes (I have no idea how reliable that newsletter is, so take that with a grain of salt). But couple that with a six-month delay in release, and the lateness of the first trailer, and I'm not optimistic.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This show is still on ? ? ?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Harlock posted:

I'm kind of impressed they followed the plot of the comics and have everything going to poo poo for the latest season with the full vampire overlords

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Harlock posted:

This is the last season. I'm only watching til the end to see Ephraim's son get his face bashed in.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

I'm kind of impressed they followed the plot of the comics and have everything going to poo poo for the latest season with the full vampire overlords

There's a comic? It was a trilogy of novels first, I thought.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

my shameful fandom for jack black is going to kill me one of these days

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I want to watch an episode where Fiz teaches Inzombiac to act in between doing power cleans and learning how to get a stew going. Dude...it's stew.

edit:

what the gently caress is this

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 5, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's Idris Elba.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Good call not showing the characters' faces on the main poster, 2004.

Good call.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ruddiger posted:

This is the last season. I'm only watching til the end to see Ephraim's son get his face bashed in.

Book spoiler but probably also show spoiler for the end of the story Eph totally nukes himself and his kid because that is the only way to kill the Master for good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

That's Idris Elba's giant head on a tiny body situated in a way impossible for the human spine to achieve.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

That's Idris Elba.

I might just be seeing things because he posted it, but I can see a face composited on to a head, or a combination of two heads, or something.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

What's the poster on the right? It looks familiar-ish, but I can't place it. It's the sort of thing I'm probably going to kick myself over when someone points it out.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Appears to be a variation on this poster for Flash Gordon:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Not a poster per se, but manga artist Yusuke Murata did this to promote the Japanese release of Power Rangers and it's the best thing to come out of the movie.

https://twitter.com/powerrangersjp/status/882721158839193600

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Waffleman_ posted:

Not a poster per se, but manga artist Yusuke Murata did this to promote the Japanese release of Power Rangers and it's the best thing to come out of the movie.

https://twitter.com/powerrangersjp/status/882721158839193600

It's not great. Feels claustrophobic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Does the Pink Power Ranger actually have Battle Pom-Poms?