Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Thora posted:

Yes yes yes I am moving to the Pacific NW as soon as... someday. I hope it's stormy in Florida when I go because I'd get wet from the ocean anyway and you can't get sunburned when it's raining.

Thanks everyone for the handholding r/t Steam. I wrote all the game names down and as soon as I get the right kind of controller I'm in.

Add me on steam I'll give you a free copy of Toki Tori.

Baby belugas signing up for steam and shooting rain from their blow holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Come at me, bitches. SAthora (on steam). I'm going to bed in a few and I have to order a controller but at least it's up and running!

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

yeah but im insane so its not like i should go for healthy individuals that aint gonna mesh

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

just gotta hope your broken psyches interlock correctly

Also I agree with this. People who came from pretty happy families and who have few problems usually just get awkward and unhappy when they hear the truth. Tbh I don't really understand people who have awesome families and have never been depressed so it cuts both ways.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Thora posted:

Come at me, bitches. SAthora (on steam). I'm going to bed in a few and I have to order a controller but at least it's up and running!

you can just play with a mouse?

Al Borland posted:

Add me on steam I'll give you a free copy of Toki Tori.

Baby belugas signing up for steam and shooting rain from their blow holes.

is this a creepy game?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

amarantinesky posted:

you can just play with a mouse?

is this a creepy game?

it's a game with a duck that goes around doing stuff idk I got it in a bundle when I just wanted one game from it

so it's cute not creepy.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Sitting bored in SGA, catching up on last night's posting

amarantinesky posted:

I'm being cuddled by a sleeping person right now help.
:3: :3: :3:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Thora posted:

you only need a controller for a few games tbh

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

It adds extra fun and challenge if you have a controller that only works half the time. I'll be fighting some dudes, as you do, and then, oh I'm slowly drifting away instead, never mind.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

amarantinesky posted:

I claimed purple as the best color first but I guess I'll share it with you guys.

Teal and green are definitely the runners-up though, and I am building more tolerance for pink.

you like the same colours as me :buddy:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

amarantinesky posted:

I claimed purple as the best color first but I guess I'll share it with you guys.

Teal and green are definitely the runners-up though, and I am building more tolerance for pink.

Purple and teal are my favourite colours too, but I don't wear them too often.

I gave a purple and teal colour scheme to one of my comic characters. She made her first appearance this week! She's going to be fun to draw because she's the most stylish one of the group and is always wearing accessories and asymmetrical outfits. Her element is space, so she'll be wearing lots of star and moon designs too.

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

My favorite color is grey and sometimes I wonder what that says about me. But it's pretty and comforting :colbert:

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Pig Benis Disciple posted:

it's a game with a duck that goes around doing stuff idk I got it in a bundle when I just wanted one game from it

so it's cute not creepy.

oh poo poo, bundles.. i think i have a bunch of games I don't want, actually.

Does anyone want any of these?

Anomaly 2
Hero Academy
The Bard's Tale
Bad Hotel
Solar 2
Civilization III: Complete
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol + Ace Patrol: Pacific skies

These are all humble bundle games I don't want to keep and can gift via steam.

I also have a copy of Day of Defeat: Source in my inventory that I can't get rid of. I don't even know if people still play that thing.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Meis posted:

I also have a copy of Day of Defeat: Source in my inventory that I can't get rid of. I don't even know if people still play that thing.

I play it and there are still a lot of active servers it is a really fun game.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Good color opinions itt. Drawing stylish characters is fun :)

Best Tasting! posted:

It adds extra fun and challenge if you have a controller that only works half the time. I'll be fighting some dudes, as you do, and then, oh I'm slowly drifting away instead, never mind.

I was playing a game with jetsetlemming and only 20 minutes or so in there was a part where you just had to swim through space to get to the end of the tunnel or something. Nothing too hard. For some reason I could not move forward so I kept drifting back and flailing around. I was convinced I was just too dumb to remember how to use the buttons and finally jsl came over to help me. It turns out that my keyboard was just being stupid and I died because we couldn't find a solution.

My video game adventures are really exciting.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Blue and green are my favorite colors. Purple's nice too, though.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Meis posted:

oh poo poo, bundles.. i think i have a bunch of games I don't want, actually.

Does anyone want any of these?

Anomaly 2
Hero Academy
The Bard's Tale
Bad Hotel
Solar 2
Civilization III: Complete
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol + Ace Patrol: Pacific skies

These are all humble bundle games I don't want to keep and can gift via steam.

Someone tell me if any of these games are good, I would like some good games! I like presents.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
cant go wrong with sid meier games usually

ace patrol and pirates are really fun

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

amarantinesky posted:

Someone tell me if any of these games are good, I would like some good games! I like presents.

I honestly don't know? I think they're all bad except civ 3, which is old.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

DoD is Good.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

amarantinesky posted:

Pirates and Civ 3 are both good. I remember enjoying Bard's Tale too if it's what I'm thinking of

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I keep getting mad at people posting poo poo about Seaworld because they're loving idiots who don't understand consequences.

Many of these orcas were born and raised in captivity. You can't just "release" them. We tried that with Keiko, who actually WAS born in the wild. He lingered around humans and then died. He did not speak "wild orca" and other orcas would not interact with him. I think Seaworld is inherently inhumane to whales, but in that case, forbid new acquisitions and make the current ones comfortable, or euthanize them humanely. They can't survive in the wild any more than you or I if dumped into the Serengeti.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Someone take DoD from me please, i've had it for like 2 years at this point

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Pick posted:

I keep getting mad at people posting poo poo about Seaworld because they're loving idiots who don't understand consequences.

Many of these orcas were born and raised in captivity. You can't just "release" them. We tried that with Keiko, who actually WAS born in the wild. He lingered around humans and then died. He did not speak "wild orca" and other orcas would not interact with him. I think Seaworld is inherently inhumane to whales, but in that case, forbid new acquisitions and make the current ones comfortable, or euthanize them humanely. They can't survive in the wild any more than you or I if dumped into the Serengeti.

free willy

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Pick posted:

Once Blackfish hit Netflix my facebook turned into a mob of people calling for the immediate release of all orcas and other sea creatures. What the gently caress do you think is going to happen when you take an animal that has spent its whole life in a tank being handfed and put it in the ocean? Do people think the instincts will just switch on?

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Wildlife Analysis posted:

Pirates and Civ 3 are both good. I remember enjoying Bard's Tale too if it's what I'm thinking of

hmm if it turns out pirates! is good then i might keep it >_>

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Meis posted:

Someone take DoD from me please, i've had it for like 2 years at this point

Give me all your games!

Well the ones people think are good anyway.

Pick posted:

People are dumb. I thought everyone basically learned that you shouldn't dump animals back into nature in elementary school? Personally I think you should dump those posters in the Serengeti, it would be hilarious and they wouldn't be able to post without internet access.

Let's make mod challenges more interesting!

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
release all captive whales into a slightly larger tank

seriously though zoos kind of suck from an animal standpoint

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Can I have a pet whale?

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Did Blackfish not make the exact point that releasing them doesn't work?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

amarantinesky posted:

Can I have a pet whale?

you have to catch it yourself

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Shannonmcn posted:

some people refined that point to "captive orcas bad = seaworld bad = make animals free good"

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
if anyone is lookin for a cool surreal adventure game with a nice art style and good music check out kentucky route zero

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Shannonmcn posted:

Who knows, these same people probably really liked What the Bleep Do We Know? and started taking homeopathic remedies once they saw that water crystals like happy words.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
whales are responsible for killing off a bunch of species

just as bad as humans imo

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

seriously though zoos kind of suck from an animal standpoint

I always enjoy the zoo when I'm there then go home and feel terrible about it.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Dongicus posted:

whales are responsible for killing off a bunch of species

just as bad as humans imo

orcas are dicks to seals so no mercy, I say

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Some people would agree with you:

quote:

Some scientists think cetaceans might surpass humans intellectually.

quote:

It's very anthrocentric and frankly speciesist of you to suggest that building computers is the only way to measure intelligence. Dolphins have flippers, they can't use computers.
Also

quote:

Humans are different from dogs in the same way that men are different from women, or adults are different from infants.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

orcas are dicks to seals so no mercy, I say

Seals are dicks to penguins.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Hey ladies I need to ask a question.

When you are erotic roleplaying is it easy to tell when someone is a dude IRL playing as a lady??

TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

amarantinesky posted:

Some people would agree with you:

Also

That last one. loving lol

• Locked thread